The Chateau Diaries #270 It's a good thing Snorty lays tables since he doesn't lay Fanny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use to wear a lot of 50s clothes back in the late 70s that I'd buy from the long gone iconic Kensington Market. Sold them in the end to a vintge shop.

I still have a velvet corset top from when Mr Spratt and I first got together nearly 29 years ago (doesn't come anywhere near fitting me).

Mr Spratt still has and it still fits, a jumper that he's had since he was 16 which was 1980.
I have a navy school cardigan that my mum said I would grow into - I finally have! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I've just gone thru all of my clothes, and only put back clothes that fit and I like. As doing that I found an old half slip I used to wear (yay it fits me again)

Ok lets have a de-rail.

I found something very old when sorting out my clothes at the weekend. An old half slip that I bought in 1984! I'm very pleased that I fit it again. So can anyone beat 39years old for a piece of their clothing?
I still have an Emmanuel Ungaro silk scarf blouse I bought when I was 18 so that was 35 years ago! I found it at TJ Maxx for $20 or something crazy. I was so poor, I was in college. It cost me so much - relatively speaking that could never bring myself to get rid of it. It’s back in style now too and still fits!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You don't think that Dan has timey-wimey issues, like Stephanie does?
I don't trust either one of them to be presenting vlogs that are correct, time-wise.
It must have been old footage as she said to Nick in the kitchen that the winter salon log burner would be coming soon and they’ve already got it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
The recent posts made me think. Cheesecloth was very fashionable when got I married in the 70s. I had a gorgeous floaty cream cheesecloth dress for my "going away outfit." (Remember when that was a thing! :ROFLMAO:) I kept it as it was so pretty. I finally altered it just a little to fit my 10 yr grand-daughter to wear for the late Queen's Platinum jubilee celebrations at school, when each class dressed from a decade of the Queen's reign. Her class was allocated the 1970s so it was perfect!
It was quite similar to this but it was cream with Bishop style sleeves.

d607254d19a02b96eaa4178d0c550dc3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
22b030ca-b89b-402d-93b8-6b2cd906b246_text.gif

@Sgirl
8 hours ago (edited)
The word "daily" just means it occurs each day. At no time has Stephanie claimed that it's all in real time. That's just your (inaccurate) interpretation. She's always been very honest that she frequently saves up film. Your belief that daily vlogs should only contain footage that occurred that day is your problem, because that's not what it means and no one is claiming that's what's being shown. Why does it even matter? All these things happened within the last few days, but it's only enjoyable to you if it all happened on Tuesday?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
The recent posts made me think. Cheesecloth was very fashionable when got I married in the 70s. I had a gorgeous floaty cream cheesecloth dress for my "going away outfit." (Remember when that was a thing! :ROFLMAO:) I kept it as it was so pretty. I finally altered it just a little to fit my 10 yr grand-daughter to wear for the late Queen's Platinum jubilee celebrations at school, when each class dressed from a decade of the Queen's reign. Her class was allocated the 1970s so it was perfect!

View attachment 2530770
Ahhh cheesecloth. I still have a fondness for it.... in fact I got married in it!
Here I am, many moons ago :

weddingdress.JPG

I'm not sure I could still fit into it, but I live in hope :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I've just gone thru all of my clothes, and only put back clothes that fit and I like. As doing that I found an old half slip I used to wear (yay it fits me again)

Ok lets have a de-rail.

I found something very old when sorting out my clothes at the weekend. An old half slip that I bought in 1984! I'm very pleased that I fit it again. So can anyone beat 39years old for a piece of their clothing?
I have a padded Levi Gillet khaki with navy tartan lining bought years ago, just looked back and I am wearing it in Paris 1979 photo. I wear it gardening sometimes. I have remained same size all my adult life.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Ok lets have a de-rail.

Does it still count if you inherited rather than purchased it? I have my maternal grandfather’s 1950 vicuna top coat. It’s always been well looked after and I wear it today. I even have it’s removable sheared beaver lining and matching hat. He was quite the Dapper Dan. Until Hurricane Katrina I also had his 1927 formal evening suit. Everything in that part of the attic was destroyed. The oldest item I bought myself would probably be a pair of black leather riding boots with burgundy tops, from 1981 I think. Even today I love vintage and retro. I’ve been known to occasionally still rock an ascot. On the rare occasions that I do drag I can proudly say I have better legs than Isabelle.🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Ok lets have a de-rail.

Yep, in 1978, the year I started working, I bought a Mary Quant brown leather flying jacket. I still wear it though in truth it could probably do with some reconditioning. It's true designer vintage now I guess ..... just like it's owner lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

View attachment 2530770
Love this sort of style. Most of my summer wardrobe this year has been in cheesecloth, perfect for when it gets really hot here.
---
View attachment 2530768

@Sgirl
8 hours ago (edited)
The word "daily" just means it occurs each day. At no time has Stephanie claimed that it's all in real time. That's just your (inaccurate) interpretation. She's always been very honest that she frequently saves up film. Your belief that daily vlogs should only contain footage that occurred that day is your problem, because that's not what it means and no one is claiming that's what's being shown. Why does it even matter? All these things happened within the last few days, but it's only enjoyable to you if it all happened on Tuesday?
Well then don't call them daily's. Call them cutting room floor crap. Better still scrap them as they're boring AF.

Does that mean that poor bugger Nick has been out there splitting logs for days and days because that's what we've seen the most of.

• Haha
  • Heart
View attachment 2530768

@Sgirl
8 hours ago (edited)
That reaction probably came from her "editor"!

• Haha
  • Heart
You don't think that Dan has timey-wimey issues, like Stephanie does?
I don't trust either one of them to be presenting vlogs that are correct, time-wise.
If you look at the upper parts of the chateau from the outside it appears to be repaired but, from where he’s working inside it’s a crumbling mess. I’ve often wondered if he has more help than he’s letting on. We only see 5-10 minutes at a time and we only have his word on everything. I was afraid that Nick strained his back after their antics the day before. What he shows us could have happened a month ago. Who knows?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
IMG_4749.jpeg

Bringing faux history back via plastic, polystyrene, resin and astroturf!

Cha-faux chic!

What else would we expect from a guy in a rayon/nylon soccer shirt?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If you look at the upper parts of the chateau from the outside it appears to be repaired but, from where he’s working inside it’s a crumbling mess. I’ve often wondered if he has more help than he’s letting on. We only see 5-10 minutes at a time and we only have his word on everything. I was afraid that Nick strained his back after their antics the day before. What he shows us could have happened a month ago. Who knows?
I still think the whole thing is being scripted to fit in with the tv programme he is going to appear in. I think a lot will be revealed when it is shown on tv, and he is banking on the fact that people will rush to look at his vlogs to learn more. More views, more subscribers, more patrons. He is dragging it out to lure in the suckers, just like Fanny did. She kept back reveals for ages because (allegedly) she promised C4 not to show certain things before they were released on tv. It's all a game, a shameful, scripted, disgraceful game purely motivated by arrogance and greed.

I would not be surprised if the tv people paid for the crispy chateau in the first place, and the idiot's apparent total disregard for health & safety is a requirement in his contract to add the element of danger and morbid interest to their story.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes, I can still wear my denim skirt purchased in 1976!
And so can I. It’s just I have to wear it on one leg…
---
Why are the expensive Notre dame chapel restorers hiring equipment/ scaffolding from Limoges?
And surely the works for French drains will churn up some of the woodland garden.
She is paying to have the building shored up as it is coming away from itself. Why would the paint experts arrive first.?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Once again I'm shocked at how little they know about their animals. It's not a big deal for a chicken to walk through the fencing they use. Yes, they do jump... :rolleyes: quite high actually. Plus keep on throwing the feed around and you'll end up with an impressive 🐀 population.
my friend with chickens has this auto feeder the chicken learns to step on a metal bar the feeder opens they eat and when they leave it closes. no rodent problem. also a nice secure closure for night all hardware cloth ( stainless steel mesh ) that encloses the coop, dug down into the ground all around the outside to keep the predators out. I am surprised they have not lost chickens to the Pine martens ( which Fanny said the had in the woods) either way , why she has any animals at all is a mystery, she doesn't care they would all die without the others looking after them. That is the trouble Fanny, has never had to be responsible for another living thing. Makes me sad and angry at the same time, as one who has worked more than one job at a time as a single Mom most of my life, while still having dogs and a birds and a fish tank and a child and they all survived. I rarely travel as there is too much to do at home, it's too costly, and I love being home. it's like Fanny is just running away from herself all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hello, Hags and Fellow Menopausal Trolls, I could use some good juju if you can spare it. My adored Mother and Father, who are more judgemental than Isabelle and all of us combined, arrive this afternoon around three. Due to getting Covid, depression following it, and general life that has happened from early August on, my home is in less than pristine condition, it hasn't had a good clean since my bday in late July, and my fat ass is literally sweating cleaning the crap out of it. Currently 9am ish where I am, any good thoughts you can spare would be much appreciated.

I have several clothing pieces from the 1940's, sadly they no longer fit. Holding on to them for the niblings.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Ok lets have a de-rail.

I found an old girl scout sash I must have been around 12 years old that would make it 52 years old- we wore uniforms to the Scout meetings and the sash was were you would sew your "badges" on it had the troup # sewn on the top and all the little round "badges" in rows under it. you earned the badges completing different projects. There were little pins you earned for like attendance.
---
It must have been old footage as she said to Nick in the kitchen that the winter salon log burner would be coming soon and they’ve already got it.
isn't the Winter salon the Green room that used to house the pool table? the room with the Daddy wallpaper in it? I did not see them put a log burner in there yet. Maybe I missed it

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.