The Chateau Diaries #270 It's a good thing Snorty lays tables since he doesn't lay Fanny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! Much appreciated @tuffiti

Reactions: 16
For Halloween, I'm going with Dan's puppies, Anna and Emma. I hope they survive the toppling granite stones, the lime render dust, the rusty beams sticking out of the rubble, the swinging ends of unsecured beams and Nick's many diggers. God bless.
---
Thank you tuffiti! I could have done without the sight of MariE's massive camel toe. How sneaky, Fanny!
Yeah, I....jeez. It's too much.
https://giphy.com/11mMb7c1VJlrCo ---
He almost did with his little tap dance last week.
You win an unprecedented third presentation in two days of the Pumpkin Spice-Flavored Scary As Hell Junk Food Award™ for services to SNARK, mama!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Georges Borgeaud was a writer. That specific address shows residential, not commercial buildings. I’ll see if I can reverse image search for it.

Reactions: 15
Georges Borgeaud was a writer. That specific address shows residential, not commercial buildings. I’ll see if I can reverse image search for it.
There are some hand written receipts from him at this address

Here is an ad for a Borgeards ses cashiers
Amazon product

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I'm afraid you too get a Pumpkin Spice-Flavored Hair-Raisingly Specious Chewing Gum Award™ for the bangin' grifter research!!!!!!!

Reactions: 19
Marquis' wife here:

Hubby says thanks for the good wishes, prayers, and thoughts.

I believe Philip is older than my husband by a year, and you're right, I did not marry a flimsy man. At 6'4" and 220lbs, he is one massive man. No shoe polish on the scalp either!

The chapel restorers don't seem to be busy if they turned up at Lalande from Paris today when Stephanie just made the initial payment yesterday.

Reactions: 36

Fairly certain the deposit was for the artists restoring one of the paintings inside, not the building itself.

How is Tattle's fave nephew? And how are you holding up?

It appears there was a write, painter and furniture seller all with that name. I’ve found a few advertisements but nothing with an exact match yet. Although their office furniture is quite nice. As you can see, their premises were same street, different building.

Reactions: 15
Love to the Marquis and to you and Viscount 'Rri, girl. Am Yisrael chai.

Reactions: 18
PhiPhi looked like Little Edie in his hat and scarf and now I can’t unsee it! Also, suuuuuuper subtle about laying the groundwork for the heating not being finished for winter, Steph!

This is an original 1929 black and white print ad for Borgeaud & Cie, who produced office furniture and filing systems at their factories in Montrouge, France

Reactions: 8
Fairly certain the deposit was for the artists restoring one of the paintings inside, not the building itself.

How is Tattle's fave nephew? And how are you holding up?
The baby and I doing well. Thanks. The little man is turning into a little bruiser.
Grateful for technology I am able to contact hubby any time I want. I just spoke to him.
He is currently working out like he always does before bedtime.

Back to Lalande:
I figured the 12K was a deposit for the painting restorers, and the people who came "today" are the ones in charge of the structural repairs (or at least I hope--it would be foolish to restore the paintings before the structural issues are addressed).
Pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks SJ's timelines and titles are often very misleading.

Love to the Marquis and to you and Viscount 'Rri, girl. Am Yisrael chai.
Thank you, Billy Bud!

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
The videos are getting shorter every day. Soon she'll only be doing shorts. Now that the tree man has been with Dan for the next 14 days we will see the sewing machine again instead of woodwork... how exciting NOT.

Reactions: 22
I haven’t been able to confirm it, but it looks as if the company evolved into Borgeaud Bibliothèques, which closed this past January. I’ve searched a number of auction and sales reporting sites with no luck.

Reactions: 11
we will see it in less than a month when they will walk around in layers of thick swaters holding hot water bottles
I know I love the radiant heat of a wood fire. If I had those wood stoves I would keep the boiler heating at a minimum, and use a wood stove for the room I am most in.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.