The Chateau Diaries #269 At last Stephanie spoke the truth and admitted it herself to be an imposter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks like that fake vomit they sell at joke shops. 🤮
I'm not getting beef and lentils at all. Lots of online recipes for it, it seems to be a chintzy way of stretching beef.
But why? Lentils by themselves are really local to Lalande, some of the best in the world come from Le Puy nearby, and lentils without meat are absolutely delightful in about a thousand ways. But that would require, uh oh, thoughtful recipe research, grocery lists, planning.
Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 4.43.30 PM.png

Here is one of my favorite lentil recipes. Also thinking about fresh gingery chilified dals and variations for colder days.
This pushes several of my buttons, fruit in a savory dish, tangy, good texture, and filling while being really, really light. Yummo.

A long ode to the lentils of France with recipes, especially from the Berry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Definitely floor scrapings in tonight's vlog... where was Coco who arrived in yesterday's.

Reactions: 17
Dear Tattle friends...

With friends in both Gaza and in Israel, I find myself very conflicted over the current situation. I deeply appreciate the horror and desperation on both sides and because of this I will no longer be commenting on the conflict here on Tattle, nor will I be acknowledging posts made by friends here. So, no ❤'s, no 😔's, no 👍's no 😡.

I've learnt just now that my archaeological friend Sara, currently in Egypt, and whose two little girls were in Gaza, has lost her youngest girl to the bombing. She was 3. Her oldest daughter, aged 5, has a broken arm and a concussion and is in the care of gentle strangers in a UN school. Their aunt, who was taking care of them is injured and in a hospital with virtually no supplies. Two cousins of a close friend in Israel have been badly burnt, and are in hospital. Everyone has been in tears, including me.

It's not that I don't care to acknowledge the pain some here are going through thanks to this conflict... it's that I care very much and as a result have decided to distance myself from the discussion. From now on I'm scrolling by comments on Gaza and will not engage. I'm sticking to the antics at the HMN and thank you for your understanding.
The UN is in Gaza, is monitoring and calling for the end of the Israeli blockade, and power turnoff, as well as asking the Israelis to stop insisting the hostages be released before any humanitarian aid is allowed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm not getting beef and lentils at all. Lots of online recipes for it, it seems to be a chintzy way of stretching beef.
But why? Lentils by themselves are really local to Lalande, some of the best in the world come from Le Puy nearby, and lentils without meat are absolutely delightful in about a thousand ways. But that would require, uh oh, thoughtful recipe research, grocery lists, planning.
View attachment 2507211

Here is one of my favorite lentil recipes. Also thinking about fresh gingery chilified dals and variations for colder days.
This pushes several of my buttons, fruit in a savory dish, tangy, good texture, and filling while being really, really light. Yummo.

A long ode to the lentils of France with recipes, especially from the Berry.
Oooo, fruit in savory…you’ve just reminded me I need to pull out my tagine and get some lamb. It’s cold, wet and wonderful here. Makes me want to cook up some comfort.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Aside from Fanny's uncle mentioning bed bugs, my favorite line from today was when Fanny mocked Amaury's dirty clothing and he replied this is what real work looks like ! Three cheers for him finally speaking up on camera, more please!
There were 4 great lines from today's CD and each one made me LOL (which we all so desperately need to do with the terrible world news).
Amuary - "Oh perfect, so the peacocks have a lovely chaise" (coupled with Amuary's complete frustration that Fanny can't seem to throw away any crap and bewilderment at why his father was encouraging Fanny to keep the crapped out sofa. He was so disgusted that Snorty didn't take those old mattresses & the sofa straight to the dump, that Amuary wouldn't even help his father move the damn sofa back off the van....lol)

Fanny - "Its a sign. We'll just keep the sofa and we'll repair it. (Like those chairs Snorty brought from London by van back in January and haven't been seen since???)

Amuary - "This is what physical work looks like"

Fanny - "It's a concert"
Maria - "It's not a concert, it's a prelude to cheese. Reduce the expectations"

Amuary, Fanny is away in Scotland this week. You know Fanny's a hoarder, so now's your chance to order a few skips and empty out the attic, barn and outbuildings of all the crap that is piled high in every room in the shitoo!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
'we suffer a charity slap in the face' . . . this really makes me bristle.

Who do they think they are?

It's the charity shop having to suffer idiots like them bringing in worn out tit like that.

Charities are not tips.
Why they thought that a charity would want those old soiled mattresses is beyond me.

And that's right Stephen, cover it all with a tarp.
Out of sight, out of mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m so pleased to hear this. Yes, just time to bathe or potter in the garden or have a friend without interruption, so valuable.
Nothing available near me . My husband is actually staying with my 80 year old father to give me a break.
As you say the caring brings resentment, anger , stress and so much tiredness. I’m genuinely happy for you. Really a blessing to have break.
---

I am certain Fanny is ignorant about Emmaus and what it does. I find it so annoying she even calls it a brocante.
Fanny it is a charity that requires safe and saleable items that can be sold to provide an income for the homeless companions who live there. It is not a tip and it should be somewhere you give good quality things in the hope it brings in as much money for the charity as possible.
She goes there to haggle 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 17
It like "don't your know her at all???" I agree just continue to the tip and get rid of it all. As Amore said not it will just get crapped on by the peacocks
They should have taken the mattresses and couch to the tip and not bought then back to the farm house.
I would approve of the couch going into Am's workshop for Molly to use though!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Amuary, Fanny is away in Scotland this week. You know Fanny's a hoarder, so now's your chance to order a few skips and empty out the attic, barn and outbuildings of all the crap that is piled high in every room in the shitoo!
Do it Amaury!
We dare you.

There's so much stuff at the Dump she wouldn't even notice what's gone.

The Dump has become such a great name for La Lande.
It really has become a dump, literally and metaphorically.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Aside from Fanny's uncle mentioning bed bugs, my favorite line from today was when Fanny mocked Amaury's dirty clothing and he replied this is what real work looks like ! Three cheers for him finally speaking up on camera, more please!
More Slappy Balls Smartmouth™ from Amaury. Do you think this means the Richmonds/Amaury have bought out Potts or Larkin? Why are the Richmonds there all the time? Are they in loco parentis for Isabelle?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
True confessions of a past Fanny fan. I started watching CD before COVID. I was completely in love with the idea of restoring the chateau. I loved the energy and fun that the people living and volunteering there were having. I really wanted to go and be a volunteer myself, but I was working and my finances weren't in the best shape at the time to do something like that. When Fanny announced she was going to hire a manager for the BnB I fantasized about doing that job. Of course, it was out of the question as I am married and live nowhere close to the chateau. I thought it would be a fun job working alongside Fanny and making sure the chateau was welcoming for the guests. I had visions of helping Fanny host the dinners, providing information for interesting outings and activities nearby and being a type of concierge. WTF was I thinking? Now, of course, the curtain has been drawn back and we see the real Fanny. It would be dreadful to work for her. I am a task oriented person and take pride in my work. I would have been so frustrated by the sloppiness and unprofessionalism that reigns there today. I'm still shocked that people pay big bucks to stay there. All I can say is their standards must be pretty low. Thankfully, I came to my senses before moving forward with any of my delusions.
Thanks for your honesty. People here rarely mention enjoying or liking her, which I did a lot at the start too, so I can relate to your experience. I had so many great ideas how I would go over there, become her BFF (pretty sure she’s AuDHD like me), sort her life out and sort the chateau out, but once she started making big bucks and the Gift Grab began I realised she would never have wanted a common sense approach. It was never her full time home, it’s become that but it was always a party pad. It could have been renovated four times over with the right project manager, with money to spare. It’s crazy how diverted and distracted it all is, like watching the exploding of the Big Bang in slow motion, little pieces expanding, everything getting wider and more scattered, and the whole becoming less and less visible. Other chateau owners like the Fleuries and Puy vidal put her to shame. It could have been done simply and safely.
Rant over!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
'we suffer a charity slap in the face' . . . this really makes me bristle.

Who do they think they are?

It's the charity shop having to suffer idiots like them bringing in worn out tit like that.

Charities are not tips.
Why they thought that a charity would want those old soiled mattresses is beyond me.

And that's right Stephen, cover it all with a tarp.
Out of sight, out of mind.
That has made my blood boil also. I wonder about the tip fees in France? Most likely they would have been charged to dump the filthy mattresses and taking them to the Op shop was a tasteless alternative.
Once at the Salvos where I was volunteering, someone bought in and dumped used, outdoor bean bags which had been wrenched out of the grass and the grass was still attached! We had trolleys to take the tit straight out to the back and used Coles' dump bins to dispose of anything gross. We were ruthless.
This is a simple example of the mentality of Stephanie Jarvis- someone else will take care of her rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just the fact that they didn't even call before dragging the mattress there says a lot about how dumb they are. Charity shops haven't accepted used mattresses for a long time and with good reason. It also tells me that Fanny and Phi would consider sleeping on a used mattress they would purchase from the shop. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the volunteer beds have mattresses bought at the used goods shop. Skanky, skanky, skanky! Charity organizations here won't accept upholstered furniture either. I doubt very much if the upholstered pieces Fanny purchases are fumigated. I just can't imagine the amount of bugs and vermin running freely in and around that chateau. 🪳
Wait until Parisian authorities trace the outbreak of bedbugs to 2 LieLanders that frequently spend time in Paris. Stephanie will do a cd video with an open open screenshot of herself, with the caption, “ I’ve been summoned to Paris! Bedbug bedlam at the Dump!”
---
Here is Dan’s latest fiasco posted 3 hours ago. Click and watch the wall start to collapse.Wall is actually actively collapsing at the crispy chateau.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Thanks for your honesty. People here rarely mention enjoying or liking her, which I did a lot at the start too, so I can relate to your experience. I had so many great ideas how I would go over there, become her BFF (pretty sure she’s AuDHD like me), sort her life out and sort the chateau out, but once she started making big bucks and the Gift Grab began I realised she would never have wanted a common sense approach. It was never her full time home, it’s become that but it was always a party pad. It could have been renovated four times over with the right project manager, with money to spare. It’s crazy how diverted and distracted it all is, like watching the exploding of the Big Bang in slow motion, little pieces expanding, everything getting wider and more scattered, and the whole becoming less and less visible. Other chateau owners like the Fleuries and Puy vidal put her to shame. It could have been done simply and safely.
Rant over!
AuDHD diagnosis, from someone with standing to do so. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That has made my blood boil also. I wonder about the tip fees in France? Most likely they would have been charged to dump the filthy mattresses and taking them to the Op shop was a tasteless alternative.
Once at the Salvos where I was volunteering, someone bought in and dumped used, outdoor bean bags which had been wrenched out of the grass and the grass was still attached! We had trolleys to take the tit straight out to the back and used Coles' dump bins to dispose of anything gross. We were ruthless.
This is a simple example of the mentality of Stephanie Jarvis- someone else will take care of her rubbish.
But they didn’t. They brought it back. It’s insane. Poor Uncle Stephen is going to pull a stroke hauling piss drenched garbage hither and yon. Only to tarp it and get all that moist humanity bubbling for the next haul, made more dense and wet with guano. Try taking a paper towel to THAT.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Comments on Dan’s video The wall suddenly began to collapse:

davidstorm4015
3 hours ago
Those walls at the top are in a terrible condition, YOU CAN NOT just replace displaced stones, the mortar has turned to sand from the effects of the fire and many years of exposure to the elements. The top rows of stonework need to be completely removed and re-built from a level that still has integrity and strength. Please do not even consider putting a roof on walls that are so unstable and rotten, you will end up seriously regretting it. Yes, it will cost more, but you will have a building with strength and integrity that will be something to be proud of.

replies
@tawilk
@tawilk
3 hours ago
he wants a roof for the winter and that's all he cares about. it's raking in $13k/mo from patreon so he could afford it if he wanted to. but there's no way I'd set foot in that building knowing how he likes to cut corners for stabilizing walls and foundation.

WeeShoeyDugless
3 hours ago
You can advise all you want, but he won't listen!!

@tawilk
2 hours ago
@lornadesmarais-zo4pr I honestly don't think he understand the immense strain placed on those walls, the fact that many areas are just being held together by gravity, and that the weight of roof and a bit of wind would probably destroy the entire site.

@annisdavis826
2 hours ago
HE has disaster of massive proportions in the future. DOESN'T FRANCE have inspections in order to continue on a rehab??? If not, then this building will be incredibly unsafe with his One Man DIY efforts. He has not real training/experience in engineering. Oh, well...ALL FOR LIKES AND CLICKS. It keeps the money coming in.

annecraig1040
3 hours ago
My mason husband is sitting here watching you and having a pure fit! You are lucky you did not get hurt . . . and when you address the masonry work, you need to keep the puppies out of the area below. Anyway, my husband has been saying for some time, (as he has viewed the area in which you are now working,) that you need to take all that masonry down from the top ledge to where it is solid . . . the mortar is obviously all powdered out. Yes, my husband says you should take down that masonry along those walls, (I think where you said the roof trusses would sit/rest,) build it back up to be solid, and then proceed from there. If that arch angle iron was crooked, you just should not have tried to jack it up . . . you should have taken that wall down to where the arch should be. Yes, it is going to be a lot of masonry work and rebuilding; but, if you want your chateau to be solid, that's what you need to do. Good luck, Dan. I cannot believe that you have taken on this project . . . you must be super nuts, but in a good way due to your ambition and hard work ethic.
---

@lollygee172
@lollygee172
1 hour ago
As a woman and patron who does not think he’s a prince, I’m canceling my contribution and flipping it to someone who has more than two two brain cells. He does not interact with either his subscribers or his patrons. I think he’s doing this for pure entertainment and really doesn’t care if he’s doing it right or safely. Frankly his unwillingness to share is plans if there are any has put me off this project.
---
billkissick6268
4 hours ago
So today we learned we can't jack up 100yr old brickwork. Check!

1 reply
@bzuidgeest
@bzuidgeest
2 hours ago
You can, just not after it's been in a huge fire and turned to dust.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
OMG! Those mattresses look like they came out of a junky squatter apartment. Now, they will sit there with all the vermin and bugs moving in shitting everywhere and bringing disease. Unbelievable! Surely Phi must be allergic to vermin and bug poo? All the family are just a bunch of enablers, they're all the same. It's the same diseased tree they all dropped from.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Comments on Dan’s video The wall suddenly began to collapse:

davidstorm4015
3 hours ago
Those walls at the top are in a terrible condition, YOU CAN NOT just replace displaced stones, the mortar has turned to sand from the effects of the fire and many years of exposure to the elements. The top rows of stonework need to be completely removed and re-built from a level that still has integrity and strength. Please do not even consider putting a roof on walls that are so unstable and rotten, you will end up seriously regretting it. Yes, it will cost more, but you will have a building with strength and integrity that will be something to be proud of.

replies
@tawilk
@tawilk
3 hours ago
he wants a roof for the winter and that's all he cares about. it's raking in $13k/mo from patreon so he could afford it if he wanted to. but there's no way I'd set foot in that building knowing how he likes to cut corners for stabilizing walls and foundation.

WeeShoeyDugless
3 hours ago
You can advise all you want, but he won't listen!!

@tawilk
2 hours ago
@lornadesmarais-zo4pr I honestly don't think he understand the immense strain placed on those walls, the fact that many areas are just being held together by gravity, and that the weight of roof and a bit of wind would probably destroy the entire site.

@annisdavis826
2 hours ago
HE has disaster of massive proportions in the future. DOESN'T FRANCE have inspections in order to continue on a rehab??? If not, then this building will be incredibly unsafe with his One Man DIY efforts. He has not real training/experience in engineering. Oh, well...ALL FOR LIKES AND CLICKS. It keeps the money coming in.

annecraig1040
3 hours ago
My mason husband is sitting here watching you and having a pure fit! You are lucky you did not get hurt . . . and when you address the masonry work, you need to keep the puppies out of the area below. Anyway, my husband has been saying for some time, (as he has viewed the area in which you are now working,) that you need to take all that masonry down from the top ledge to where it is solid . . . the mortar is obviously all powdered out. Yes, my husband says you should take down that masonry along those walls, (I think where you said the roof trusses would sit/rest,) build it back up to be solid, and then proceed from there. If that arch angle iron was crooked, you just should not have tried to jack it up . . . you should have taken that wall down to where the arch should be. Yes, it is going to be a lot of masonry work and rebuilding; but, if you want your chateau to be solid, that's what you need to do. Good luck, Dan. I cannot believe that you have taken on this project . . . you must be super nuts, but in a good way due to your ambition and hard work ethic.
---

@lollygee172
@lollygee172
1 hour ago
As a woman and patron who does not think he’s a prince, I’m canceling my contribution and flipping it to someone who has more than two two brain cells. He does not interact with either his subscribers or his patrons. I think he’s doing this for pure entertainment and really doesn’t care if he’s doing it right or safely. Frankly his unwillingness to share is plans if there are any has put me off this project.
---
billkissick6268
4 hours ago
So today we learned we can't jack up 100yr old brickwork. Check!

1 reply
@bzuidgeest
@bzuidgeest
2 hours ago
You can, just not after it's been in a huge fire and turned to dust.
Some of the comments are really getting stuck into him.

I think Dan could be living onsite . . . only because his hair is always greasy now and he has also started wearing a cap to cover it up.

• Sick
Reactions: 21
Seeing this on Marie Wiik's IG just now is.......something to behold.

When one only lights up when they're on camera in a vlog that is about as inauthentic as they come, maybe you aren't the best person to provide life advice about how to be non-fake and authentic......

1697158873427.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.