The Chateau Diaries #260 Stephanie Jarvis - the chatelaine of shoppin', clickbait, croc' tears & money

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course Fanny had to buy a "tent" from Emmaus, if Dan has got a yurt she must have similar. You would think she could have a least had a marquee. When CHMN falls shown she can buy the side panels and move in there.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Of course Fanny had to buy a "tent" from Emmaus, if Dan has got a yurt she must have similar. You would think she could have a least had a marquee. When CHMN falls shown she can buy the side panels and move in there.
There is room for twenty people under the tent.
How many Patreons came in anyway!
At least they weren't put in a barn full of peacock droppings.

• Heart
  • Haha
Is this the tent they went to for TB screening and to complete the scratch tests?

IMG_4025.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I also thought it was about time we made a list of the new wardrobe with prices.
Somehow I don't think Fanny buys at sales because they are now, so full price!
The sums are obviously substantial, although, on her, none of it looks like it was paid a lot.
Chapeau @Tea with lemon I don't know how you do what you do but you're amazing.

Is anyone keeping a tally, £/€/$000,000 of all the new clothing purchases? Ffs! How does she get away with it? It's not like she’s being discreet...
---

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Apologies for quoting myself, but I am wondering if my memory is playing tricks. Does anyone else remember this - was it Shrek who did the new design or was it someone else?
Yep, I think it was indeed Shrek. My elephant memory for Lalande trivia has fired up…there was something about the picture he did being wrong. Quite a big “wrong”: the saint’s head was facing the wrong direction. Definitely saw something about it, perhaps it was a Patreon vlog that found its way to Tattle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
IMG_4026.jpeg

Oh look. KitKat’s f*ck buddy (the chatelaine’s former f* ck buddy) attended the event. I hope he doesn’t pass TB onto his children.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Apologies for quoting myself, but I am wondering if my memory is playing tricks. Does anyone else remember this - was it Shrek who did the new design or was it someone else?
No, I remember this too... Wasn't it Saint Ana's face he was recreating?
Wasn't that the first reason Steve came to Lalande as a paying volunteer(?)...

• Heart
  • Wow
i want to know too!
That might not be how OP did it at all, but if you have the Google app (not gmail or chrome, just Google) on your phone, you can take a picture of the dress and it will search the internet for you. I mainly use it for plants when I go on hikes, but it's really useful to search for random things like where a dress is from lol

• Haha
Chapeau @Tea with lemon I don't know how you do what you do but you're amazing.

Is anyone keeping a tally, £/€/$000,000 of all the new clothing purchases? Ffs! How does she get away with it? It's not like she’s being discreet...
The money she spends on clothes is one thing, but the sheer amount of unnecessary consumerism is socially and environmentally irresponsible! Does this woman EVER read anything about the state of the world today? Where does she think all this crap ends up? Some of it goes to thrift shops, but anything that doesn't sell is dumped! Okay, some of it also is recycled or sent on barges to third world countries, but most is dumped in landfills. She doesn't even know what she has anymore. My goodness, even Kate Middleton who is extremely wealthy and in the public eye all the time, recycles her clothing. Fanny has two MOs: wear the same fugly dress over and over ad nauseam (think yellow dress), or wear a different and NEW dress for every outing. It's a reflection of how she lives her life going from one extreme to the other. The clothes are either cheap or used or new and expensive. Same with makeup and hair. No make up and dirty strands hanging or full on makeup and big hair a la beauty pageant contestant!

• Heart
That might not be how OP did it at all, but if you have the Google app (not gmail or chrome, just Google) on your phone, you can take a picture of the dress and it will search the internet for you. I mainly use it for plants when I go on hikes, but it's really useful to search for random things like where a dress is from lol
i thought it woudn't work because there is another person, but LH shop was one of the hits.

Reactions: 19
No, I remember this too... Wasn't it Saint Ana's face he was recreating?
Wasn't that the first reason Steve came to Lalande as a paying volunteer(?)...
Yep, I think it was indeed Shrek. My elephant memory for Lalande trivia has fired up…there was something about the picture he did being wrong. Quite a big “wrong”: the saint’s head was facing the wrong direction. Definitely saw something about it, perhaps it was a Patreon vlog that found its way to Tattle.
Oh many thanks for confirming that for me. Marbles intact thank goodness 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Look who is busy in the comments…
Absolutely no reassurance that the disease was reported.
So Percy knew it was not cancer. But did not know it was TB until he arrived in SA? That is the story is it? But according to Fanny, he was told to go back to SA to get earlier chemo. So she is telling lies according to Isabelle.

Reactions: 28
How can she possibly think this looks good? I know the tussled look is popular, but this is way beyond any kind of style. It is what my mother used to call "looking like she was pulled through a hedge backwards".
Do you know my mother...?
---
Wonders will never cease…a (sort of) marquee on the lawn. Tattle party planners have told them repeatedly how to entertain properly. The message has sunk in.

Round tables (preferably 6’ ones) are better - more “convivial” - than those narrow trestles but, hey, it’s a start.
I was thinking that this looked like something left over from one of my Girl Guiding weekends. Circa mid 1970's

• Haha
Reactions: 27
After watching the Dali Travel with friend Fanny (who is a terrible narrator),I thoroughly enjoyed Camilla doing her French upholstery course and letting the instructor actually talk without interruption. What a contrast! Ollie, please rethink your vlog and make it Travels with my Wife. What a subscriber jump he would have!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.