The Chateau Diaries #260 Stephanie Jarvis - the chatelaine of shoppin', clickbait, croc' tears & money

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
#FreeAntoine
-New thread name suggestion
I nominate this 🧵
---
My boys at that age wouldn't have been seen dead in that situation. Crammed next to "auntie" opening crappy presents. He will be teased horribly when his school mates see that. There are more sinister risks putting a young kid like that on show. Does he ever bring a mate to hang out with at the shitshow? I don't know how they coerce him to do that, it took me all my efforts just to get my boys to have a shower at that age!
That's so true, I traded meals for showers, also made him sit and eat with me, no TV or devices, just plain old food and conversation. I was such a mean mother. 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
My boys at that age wouldn't have been seen dead in that situation. Crammed next to "auntie" opening crappy presents. He will be teased horribly when his school mates see that. There are more sinister risks putting a young kid like that on show. Does he ever bring a mate to hang out with at the shitshow? I don't know how they coerce him to do that, it took me all my efforts just to get my boys to have a shower at that age!
I remember when my boys were teenagers, hard to get them in the shower, and then one day it changes & you can't get them out of the shower! The amount of hot water we used everyday, sometimes we ran out. I do wish that Antoine could bring a friend, or go to a friends instead would be better. Hopefully Nick or Amaury will teach him something to stop him being bored.
---
That's quite the compliment! No complaints about Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom). :cool:
View attachment 2381253
Yes he turned out okay didn't he.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I do wish that Antoine could bring a friend, or go to a friends instead would be better. Hopefully Nick or Amaury will teach him something to stop him being bored.
If he was my grandson I would not be happy he was there ...... too many weirdo's !!!
What the hell does the poor kid do all day there ?

• Sad
  • Heart
I watched Andrew and Ricardo's video where they go shopping with Stuart to purchase food for patreon days. I was surprised that they do not have many items on hand from the garden, such as garlic and onions. Those should keep if they go about storing them properly,
I would love to know what the budget amount was.. heck if they only spend 10 per person it would be 900$ that cart does not look like 900 of groceries.
---

Fanny says.. "She looks so angelic."
Smart Pooch: Don't come any closer witch.
View attachment 2378946
Nominate this for a new thread….dont come any closer witch. Takes one to know one.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
At Casa de T Rex, we are going to get our pool resurfaced. The pool is a "historic pool" in that it is original to when our house was built 20 years ago. :ROFLMAO: We have been going back and forth for days to the showroom of our local "artisans" to get samples and have been moving the samples back and forth in the pool to decide which colour/material to go with (on the steps, shallow end, the deepest part, in the sun, in the shade, and in front of the light at night.) Ironically, we've chosen the one our salesperson recommended. While our insurance company did give us some money (about 10% of what it will cost to resurface) when part of the pool cage fell into the pool during the hurricane and made some lovely gouges, our gunite is original, so it needed to be replaced anyway, as while it still looks great, is starting to get brittle. Our insurance company adjuster said to send him the bill after the resurface, but I don't expect them to pay to resurface my "historic pool"- Disclaimer: the pump and salt cell are newer. Having a pool is a luxury- we knew this upfront when we purchased our home, and this is just one of those costs for an amenity we use every day.

Moral of the story- buy a home you CAN afford and the maintenance costs/utilities, whether it be big or small, repair things before they become big problems, and don't expect to purchase a home above your means, nor set up a Patreon expecting the viewers of your YT channel to bail you out (looking at you, Fanny and Queen's Escape) when you realize you've purchased something you are ill equipped to handle, let alone maintain. Amanda & Lincoln are an example of doing it right- they bought a home the could afford, do the majority of the work themselves, don't use Patreon, and respect their daughters' privacy by not filming them.

When did it become the norm to be a grifter in society? I understand if one is on Patreon to produce artistic content or help save a building of historical significance (where ALL of the money goes into the renovation, vice into paying their staff in corgettes whilst they dosh out on designer clothing and go on never-ending expensive holidays, like F4F?!)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That's just it, isn't it! There seems to be no creative growth at all! There is nothing new, nothing innovative, and nothing one would be tempted to copy. If Snorty had a Pinterest page on his own tablescapes, I think the comments would be pretty damning. Were I to attend a chateau dinner, I'd expect clean white napery and let the food speak for itself - and this is presupposing that Snorts even knows what "naperie" is. Even if the dinner event was themed, I'd expect the room to be decorated, not necessarily the dinner table itself. Maria's food is repetition upon duplication. Imagine eating courgette every night. I suspect the lieLande library has a recipe book titled 1000 and One Ways to Cook Zucchini. As for Marieee, I'd introduce her to the world of ikebana just to watch her head explode. It'd be fun.
I’m tempted to send this book to SJ and the prancing twerp. The essential manual for a wannabe Disney Downton society hostess and her butler.

IMG_0182.jpeg

They might learn something.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
My Predictions….Fanny is laying the foundation for a very big $ ask…aiming for the lead up to Christmas….she will be

- ramping up the religious mentions and overtones
- breaking out her nativity sets in a big way
- more ecclesiastical music featured in vlogs
- chapel featured at the forefront and always in the background of all vlogs
- gift channel to change to an all-out coordinated appeal to the chapel (i can’t see her shutting down the channel…only changing it to chapel content, as it has more subscribers (44k) than travels with my married friend 22k and fannys grand tour 41k
- sell sell sell whatever she can..expect chapel wrapping paper, chapel stationery, etc
- more monetized sob stories, er visits, crises, etc,
- more profuse thank you‘s for making all of this possible
- excessive over the top christmas cheer to lure in the lonely people and their cheque books
- Proxies, loyalists and attack grannies in full force.

she is already working it….batting eyelashes, tits out, love bombing patrons, saccharine content…she’smsetting it up,and the last vlog about the matching chapel is just a taste of whats to come.

She’s seen how viewers gladly donated thousands for the french carpenter who nearly cut off his fingers…

get out your chequebooks Patrons and fans…its going to be a very expensive christmas!

Q. Will Fanny do anything to get this money? Get engaged in front of chapel with a promise of marrying in the chapel?

• Sick
  • Heart
At Casa de T Rex, we are going to get our pool resurfaced. The pool is a "historic pool" in that it is original to when our house was built 20 years ago. :ROFLMAO: We have been going back and forth for days to the showroom of our local "artisans" to get samples and have been moving the samples back and forth in the pool to decide which colour/material to go with (on the steps, shallow end, the deepest part, in the sun, in the shade, and in front of the light at night.) Ironically, we've chosen the one our salesperson recommended. While our insurance company did give us some money (about 10% of what it will cost to resurface) when part of the pool cage fell into the pool during the hurricane and made some lovely gouges, our gunite is original, so it needed to be replaced anyway, as while it still looks great, is starting to get brittle. Our insurance company adjuster said to send him the bill after the resurface, but I don't expect them to pay to resurface my "historic pool"- Disclaimer: the pump and salt cell are newer. Having a pool is a luxury- we knew this upfront when we purchased our home, and this is just one of those costs for an amenity we use every day.

Moral of the story- buy a home you CAN afford and the maintenance costs/utilities, whether it be big or small, repair things before they become big problems, and don't expect to purchase a home above your means, nor set up a Patreon expecting the viewers of your YT channel to bail you out (looking at you, Fanny and Queen's Escape) when you realize you've purchased something you are ill equipped to handle, let alone maintain. Amanda & Lincoln are an example of doing it right- they bought a home the could afford, do the majority of the work themselves, don't use Patreon, and respect their daughters' privacy by not filming them.

When did it become the norm to be a grifter in society? I understand if one is on Patreon to produce artistic content or help save a building of historical significance (where ALL of the money goes into the renovation, vice into paying their staff in corgettes whilst they dosh out on designer clothing and go on never-ending expensive holidays, like F4F?!)
Rexy ...... I just hope the Water Police don't try and stop you and make you drain your pool like Fanny had too!!! :love:

All jokes aside ..... you bloody buy a home you can afford to maintain just like you stated !!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Perhaps Maria has low self esteem or she just doesn't have much gumption and ambition. It's the only reason I can think of to stay at The Dump for so long. She has no pressure in her job. There's no master chef watching over her. Fanny doesn't know or care about food service. As long as she stays within budget and turns out something she gets to stay. She can play the piano when she's not cooking, and she gets adoration from the idiots that stay there. Lots of oohs and aahs when she presents, but we don't hear them saying how delicious it is.
---

Mon dieu! They get croissants from the local bakery. That's enough French. I don't think the idiots that stay at The Dump want a French experience, they want to bask in the glory of the one and only savior of rural France! I would love it if one of the idiots would ask about the wine. It would be so much fun to see The Expert of All Things squirm in his too tight pants. Estate bottled? Blend? Region? Year? Variety of grape/s? Cru? "Let me check the box." 🤣
Why dont they just put on a big roast dinner?
placing food in shape molds is very chef-wannabe.
they could do a completely locally sourced roast dinner with a few garnished from the garden

Reactions: 13
Rexy ...... I just hope the Water Police don't try and stop you and make you drain your pool like Fanny had too!!! :love:

All jokes aside ..... you bloody buy a home you can afford to maintain just like you stated !!!
@Pekey, I will not lie- sometimes, I water my lawn on the non-watering days! I am a rebel, and if I ever get busted, I will blame the bogan on my street who works in Code Enforcement, and report HIM for his shyte yard (ironically, it one of the absolute WORST in our 'hood!). While he has harassed some neighbours, that joker daren't fork with me- he seems fully aware of my capabilities, so is always on his nicest behaviour around me. He is a jackass, and I have told the others to let me know if he continues to bother them. Anyhoo, the resurfacers will be the ones to drain the pool (Its a liability thing if the pool decides to float and crack, which shouldn't be an issue- but if it is, it is on them.) I will have to let the city know when I refill the pool (as not to have a bajillion dollar water charge), but they are really good about that. Fanny is an idiot- if someone told me I needed to "drain the historic lake" of my home (I mean, I live on a harbour, so obviously, that would NEVER happen as how the fork would I drain a harbour?), I'd tell them to pound salt and let their lawyers meet mine (my lawyers are assholes, because this is why I pay them). But what does Fanny do? Immediately drain the forking lake. Where the hell were the "adults" during this time?!? What dumb asses!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.