The Chateau Diaries #259 PUDDLE- shallow like the Chatelaine & empty like her soul.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Safēd" - the colour of snow in Hindi.
"Isvara" - the Sanskrit word for 'pure white light.'
"Sita" - clear and bright in Hindi.
"Mayūra" - Sanskrit for peacock.

Please don't give it a stupid childish name. That would be so lieLande.
Lovely names for a child but a bit pretentious for a peachick &
I would wait & see if it survived before giving it a name. White animals are always more delicate than others.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think Stuart’s had the memo about not filming the ancient Indian garden ornament before it’s shown on British tv.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Well, well, well.....look who's arrived at Chateau de la Dump!

Is she there to cater Patron Day? It's not like she's some character on Chateau Diaries that people are all that invested in, is she? She is barely on camera when there.

1691340831915.png

---
I don’t think Stuart’s had the memo about not filming the ancient Indian garden ornament before it’s shown on British tv.
I posted before I saw your post and had to go back and look...I didn't see a pic of it, except for a tiny little bit that you can see in the picture I posted. Did she take it down, I wonder?

Reactions: 19
Very well said Ky!

It’s the same malicious frame of thought that says all muslims are te***ists, and all the Mexicans are illegal criminals and on and on. Taking the outsiders of a demographic they don’t like and applying their faults to everyone. But funny enough, they always fail to see their own demographic and the terrible things that are done by some of their “people”.
Regardless of gender, nationality, race or religion… crappy people exist, but most people are decent. demonizing a whole group of people and cherry picking what you see and what you ignore is the height of hypocrisy and I cannot stand it!
Wears me to a frazzle. Makes me want to live in the woods with all my lovely “scary” black, Jewish, LGBTQ friends and family. Oh! By the way, that reminds me, watched the sad but loving documentary ‘Casa Susanna’ a couple of weeks ago. Will we ever learn?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't think Dan ever thinks he's responsible for anything...part of the problem! At least he didn't build a step down well into the yurt like he did at Annelise's place......
Looks to me like if he'd made the base the right size he wouldn't have needed to make the gravel ring bigger 🤷‍♀️
---

Is she there to cater Patron Day? It's not like she's some character on Chateau Diaries that people are all that invested in, is she? She is barely on camera when there.

View attachment 2361221
---

I posted before I saw your post and had to go back and look...I didn't see a pic of it, except for a tiny little bit that you can see in the picture I posted. Did she take it down, I wonder?
Is it covered in netting to stop the peacocks shitting on it? How attractive...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

View attachment 2361221
---

I thought she was on her way to Dordogne central and m&m to stay/work for mr&mrs Shrek. Seem to remember her saying she would be there some weeks. Maybe it's just a quick stop off at lieland. She's very tight with the 2 puffs with 2 pugs and I see they're there too. Perhaps fanny is desperately rallying the troops and no-one else is answering 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I need advice!

Fanny and I have guests next week.
We know that Fanny will disappoint with the offer of food, but that's why I don't want to.
I have wonderful octopuses that I want to make a salad from (celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil). It will be mandatory.

And now? What would you make up the rest of the menu from so that everything together makes sense.
I start thinking, octopus salad is chewy, sweet and coldish, so.....soft, warm and tart. I always like an outrageous second protein dish for special occasions....goat cheese, thyme, and whole boiling onion pie? Clams or oysters on the half shell, plenty of good bread, green salad?
This is a classic Madeleine Kamman recipe, unfortunately directions not included in Amazon pdf:
Amazon product

Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 11.52.27 AM.png

Directions are
Preheat oven to 375F. Make the pastry. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
Melt 1 T butter in a saucepan, cut crosses in the root of the onions so they don't explode. Add onions, salt, pepper, and stock to saucepan. Cover and cook 15-20 mins.
Cream the remainder of the 1/2 c butter, grate cheese, mix. Add sour cream, eggs, pepper, 1/2 t salt. Blend well.
Roll pastry to fit 10 inch quiche pan.
Raise heat under onions, remove lid, and boil til there is no liquid left in the saucepan.
Arrange the onions in the bottom of the pastry. Bake 20 minutes on the bottom shelf of the oven.
After 20 minutes, pour the cheese mixture on top of the onions, sprinke with thyme, and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the top of the pie is pale golden. Serve lukewarm with a good salad.

• Heart
I would wait & see if it survived before giving it a name. White animals are always more delicate than others.
I am slighted you would call my name suggestions "pretentious." These names may be a tad unconventional for some to accept but are in no way pretentious for birds indigenous to India. Happily Fleur de Mal loves the names I suggested and she who will choose, not you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Pretentious? My last dog was Harrison.. I've always given my animals human names, when they're part of the family it only seems right... my brothers dogs have been Dave, Fred, Bella.. I also had a Dalmatian, Beau Brummel 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Pretentious? My last dog was Harrison.. I've always given my animals human names, when they're part of the family it only seems right... my brothers dogs have been Dave, Fred, Bella.. I also had a Dalmatian, Beau Brummel 🤷‍♀️
Same, my goldfishes are Giles and Nicholas. Cockerels are Percy, Alistair, Sterling and Giacomo. Hens are named after flowers and spices. The dogs have Roman names. I secretly like the name, Heathcliff :sneaky:.

• Heart
  • Haha
That's a thing isn't it. The 1st question brits ask when they meet for the first time is "how long have you lived here?" Like a race or a competition. I remember being in the village hall years ago for the maires new year wishes chatting with one of the few brits I'll happily talk to and some bint came bustling over and said to the other person, not me (!) Oh, who's this, a newbie. So we were introduced, instant dislike on my part I have to say and the first question was when did you move in, how long have you been here? She nearly fell over when I told her we had been there about 12 years at that point. That our son was in the local school (not an international) and a cyclist of note for his age in a local club affiliated to the french federation. That I was on the pta, helped in the classes and also helped with the committee des fêtes. The daggers coming out of her eyes when it was time to leave and we did double kisses with the maire and were invited to a private soirée at his was most satisfying.
First of all Munter now Bint. You’ve reminded me of another word I’ve not heard since leaving the Portsmouth area. 😂😂😂.
---
And it's in keeping with her idolization of all things Versailles! (Image of pheasant, couldn't easily find image of peacock)
View attachment 2361060
---
And it's in keeping with her idolization of all things Versailles! (Image of pheasant, couldn't easily find image of peacock)
View attachment 2361060
I could only find Peacock Pie

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Good Grief... You'd almost believe she was part of Steel Magnolias. 🙄
This Is Not Steel Magnolia.png

Honestly, It's probably something clickbaity as usual...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Cue health crisis and 6-12 months of rest in Venice, Dubai and South Africa!

IMG_4002.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Same, my goldfishes are Giles and Nicholas. Cockerels are Percy, Alistair, Sterling and Giacomo. Hens are named after flowers and spices. The dogs have Roman names. I secretly like the name, Heathcliff :sneaky:.
My nephew had a Staffordshire Bull terrier named Gary 🥰
---
My first peachick hatched and it is...WHITE 😂😂...and no, its name isn't Marshmellow or Snow White but I'm open to suggestions. (y)
Le blanc ( not sure if that's the correct spelling) is it white in french?

Reactions: 16
Cue health crisis and 6-12 months of rest in Venice, Dubai and South Africa!

View attachment 2361553
I think probably either mummy or Percy or complete clickbait ( unwell peachick or something) . I am sure it will be all about her - I wonder if she can possibly pull herself together for patron fail day or whether it will have to be sadly cancelled whilst she holidays in london and abroad to forget her wowes

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My friends dog is called ‘where are you! ‘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.