The Chateau Diaries #259 PUDDLE- shallow like the Chatelaine & empty like her soul.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to be a resident, but it's so rude not to learn the language of the country you live in.
It is indeed, plus you do need some language skills what happens when you go to the dentist or doctors, can't assume they speak English which so many do. We were at a BBQ last night (in the cold a mix of Brits and French) there were a load of Brits who all live in the same village (well known for being a little clique), they all herded together and didn't interact with the French. We were with the French and had a good laugh, while the rest all stood there po faced looking like they were going to bloody Henley Regatta (@C'est moi there were even a couple from Ewell, a bit up their own jaxy though). We'd never met these French people before but got on like a house on fire and have been invited to pop in anytime were over their way. That's what it's all about intergating. I could imagine Gerry would certainly give it a go if he were there. Couldn't imagine him wanting to stagnate with that bunch, I'd like to think he'd be down the local bar.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Jeeze, judgy much.
Imagine living that woman's life for just a single day. You'd be off your rocker in self righteous indignation indigestion before lunch!
---

The Smugs had a vlog about Japanese knot weed. It's growing on their property, but they don't seem too bothered about it, apart from eating it...

In the UK if Japanese knotweed is found on a property it is almost impossible to get a mortgage or insure it....sellers do all they can to destroy it ....the fear it can grow in the tiniest amount of mortar etc....
I guess for the flurries they had it further from their house. Still, it is ruining waterways and many gardens . It is a licenceable weed here and if found you must report it and have it disposed of professionally. Sadly many dobt even recognise it let alone report it.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It rained.
Half a bucket of water got in through the door.
He fixed it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

If anything, he’s lucky he found out the issue before furnishing the place.
Don’t get me wrong but…
I thought you didn’t want to be confused with a certain Ms Gooder… it is starting to look :rolleyes: :p

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
She dreams of Venice, living off patreon stolen money and not having to lift another finger. I hope for a 6x6 cell under her majesty’s pleasure for money laundering. She would look great in a jumpsuit! Don’t worry I’m not a monster, she can have it in yellow! 😂😂 Or even better she can have a escape suit as modeled here View attachment 2359598
Too bad she's not Swiss, the pink prison would be just like her pink toile room in the attic: would https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...k-prisons-in-Switzerland-to-calm-inmates.html

• Haha
Reactions: 8
@T Rex. What do you say about YOU hosting a Tattler Convention? A 3-day affair so we can cram in all the local - outside guest menus and be your guests for the activities & visits. A fab time to be had by all.🍷🍸🍹🍾🚣‍♀️🥁⛱I'd be the first to sign up 'cos I want to see close-up your energy & talents, from repairing engines & machinery (I'm from the shake/rattle school of fixing -does work sometimes 🙃), sailing, sewing, chefing, lingo, the list goes on. Are you & the Evil Twin 2 into 1? But most of all you have no pesky job to get in between you & your lifestyle.
Love from an envious hag.

@M&MsMom. Thanks for such an interesting Sunday morning read- so much to learn on Tattle - I bet even the Smugs in their Smugness didn't know all that. How fascinating that the journey of a non native plant can help chart the history of US landscaping and public parks through the visionaries like Olmstead.
I remember years ago visiting the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens & lighting up a ciggie to enjoy the Japanese part when my NY friend said horrified " You can't smoke here" & I was puzzled bc it was in the open. All this was pre-environmental policy & I hadn't yet seen the dangers of smoking. Seems like the Middle Ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Patreon day is this week, no? We made fun of the extra light lunch last year, will Maria make quiches? Marie some huge amounts of salads? Lapdog his infamous tuna peach salad 🤮

I would be really ashamed to serve the extra light lunch again after receiving backlash over it on here. But than again, Fanny does not know what shame is.

So next week patreon video, the patreon day, the week after Maria playing on the out of tune Piano, the week after that PhiPhi's guided tour, then SJ, sitting on her throne and answering questions of her subjects. (Which was awkward according to an ex patreon, new tattler) that's another 33K for crap content.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Would he also be required to learn the language?
I think he would be obliged to take a competence test. Though don't quote me on that. For French nationality application you have to attain B2. That is the basic level that French children are required to leave national education with.

Reactions: 11
Are you hosting your own Patreon Days as well @Tea with lemon ?!? 😂 Just kidding! Since it is summer (unless you live south of the equator), dishes with seasonal produce are perfect- a great salad, crudite platter, peas, gazpacho, fruit platter-whatever you feel like making. If it is hot outside, make cold dishes- and it is never to hot to fire up the barbeque! To go with the octopus salad, you can always put together a chickpea salad with feta and mint, gazpacho, caprese, crusty baguettes, a nice green salad... Cheese board is always a must! Coffee, tea, a good dessert, and fresh seasonal fruit. It doesn't have to be complicated at all. Focus on what is in season.

When I have local friends over for lunch of dinner, I usually make Thai, Italian, Indian, Korean, Greek, Turkish, Japanese, etc... to broaden their palettes. But when we have out of town guests, I like to showcase local/southern specialties- blackened snapper, brisket, ribs, shrimp (@billybudd will attest- there are fare fewer simpler pleasures than a low country boil!), pulled pork, and with side dishes like potato salad, homemade macaroni & cheese, collard greens, coleslaw, baked beans (NOT from a can!) and a key lime pie or banana pudding for dessert and there is always fresh seasonal fruit- our local fruit is amazing. (Heat or not, I will use the oven when we have guests staying with us for brekkie- biscuits for biscuits & gravy, cinnamon rolls, banana bread, muffins, bagels-so much better from scratch!, hashbrown casserole, etc.- my brekkies are legendary.)

The biggest thing for out-of-town guests is that they are truly interested in where you live, so it's always fun to share with them what makes it special. We take them to museums, beaches, out on one of the boats, to our favourite "hole in the floor" restaurants, the eclectic tourist attractions, fishing, kayaking, local breweries, etc.

At this point, @Tea with lemon - you are 100% better off than Fanny, as you are putting actual thought and care into what you serve your guests. Best of luck next week, and I know it will be a success! ❤
Actually, it's kind of a Patreon party. 🤣🤣🤣
You know, it's the child's birthday and the grandparents and a few others are coming for lunch!
Thanks for the ideas! @T Rex

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Every vlog I wonder what in the hell the chatelaine’s family, friends and employees truly think of the Gay Twank. They must absolutely hate him. Even the other gays in the circle must dislike him intensely.

Reactions: 20
health care is much better in France
---

Dan is far from stupid look at his subscriber numbers he is very considered
Yes French healthcare is better but he would be required to pay for it by having a mutuelle santé (private health insurance). Britain no longer being in the EU will have stripped his right to national healthcare in France. He'd probably be better off staying in the UK for his healthcare as he's already in the system.

Reactions: 18
It is indeed, plus you do need some language skills what happens when you go to the dentist or doctors, can't assume they speak English which so many do. We were at a BBQ last night (in the cold a mix of Brits and French) there were a load of Brits who all live in the same village (well known for being a little clique), they all herded together and didn't interact with the French. We were with the French and had a good laugh, while the rest all stood there po faced looking like they were going to bloody Henley Regatta (@C'est moi there were even a couple from Ewell, a bit up their own jaxy though). We'd never met these French people before but got on like a house on fire and have been invited to pop in anytime were over their way. That's what it's all about intergating. I could imagine Gerry would certainly give it a go if he were there. Couldn't imagine him wanting to stagnate with that bunch, I'd like to think he'd be down the local bar.
What do you expect from Ewell 😉 They want everyone to believe they're from Epsom but really it's just a suburb of Croydon 😆 We've never clicked with the local brits, as you say they belong to their little cliques. Best friends to each others faces bitching about each other as soon as backs are turned. They wouldn't have anything to do with each other if they were still in UK so why put themselves through all that tit and just integrate!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
BBC News

it appears that South Korea have refused to cancel the World Jamboree 2023 and comment, "Despite hundreds of heat-related illnesses recorded at the event, a defiant councillor said its “not a summer resort” but “an experience of overcoming hardships” .

There has been some news coverage here and I'm pleased that Scouts Cymru have along with Scouting UK (and now the US) have removed the British contingents. I believe that the delegates had to fundraise close to £4000 to attend and complete a rigorous selection procedure - such a disappointment for what should have ben a trip of lifetime. (My daughter was lucky enough to be selected for a similar World Guiding event.) It sounds as though conditions at the camp were dreadful, waiting an hour for showers, no soap or toilet paper and difficulty in keeping the attendees safely hydrated. I hadn't watched Jamboree Jamie ( I believe he coms from Wrexham) previously but he describes waiting hours in the heat for transport, etc.

It seems that the media haven't been allowed access to UK scouts without being accompanied by SK officials and have been kept in a zone well away from the accommodation and "facilities", etc
Horrific campsite conditions

BBC. News
Sounds like an Eisteddfod camp site (oh the memories) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What do you expect from Ewell 😉 They want everyone to believe they're from Epsom but really it's just a suburb of Croydon 😆 We've never clicked with the local brits, as you say they belong to their little cliques. Best friends to each others faces bitching about each other as soon as backs are turned. They wouldn't have anything to do with each other if they were still in UK so why put themselves through all that tit and just integrate!
Sounds exactly like some Melbourne people who come up to live in Castlemaine.
These types are the same the world over. 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wouldn't put it past Dan to make it look like the Yurt flooded. Clicks. Content. Money.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So funny, so true! lol we cut most of them off at the pass 5 min from walking in. This village they're all from is so pretty it's a shame as it's full of them who are so far up their arses it's untrue, even the Mairie said no more Brits. All trying to find out how long you've lived here, we've been here longer than all of them. Think our faces said it all so we joined the normal side of the garden where all the local goss was going on, rather than listening to those pratts brag.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I wouldn't put it past Dan to make it look like the Yurt flooded. Clicks. Content. Money.
On that note, I apologise for my own "click bait" post in suggesting Dan flooded his yurt. It was meant as a "click bait" joke but it fell flat.

I'll go stand in the naughty corner now. I'll take a charcuterie board and a bottle of scotch with me so I don't starve.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
My first peachick hatched and it is...WHITE 😂😂...and no, its name isn't Marshmellow or Snow White but I'm open to suggestions. (y)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.