The Chateau Diaries #259 PUDDLE- shallow like the Chatelaine & empty like her soul.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Donā€™t ask yourself why children need to see drag queens, ask yourself why drag queens want an audience of children."
Exactly.
I was going to scroll and ignore, but I thought for a while and decided to comment. I was reminded of the phrase ā€œSilence is complicityā€ so I think I should speak up. I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s mind can be changed in a social media thread, but I hope people can at least listen and consider.

"Donā€™t ask yourself why children need to see drag queens, ask yourself why drag queens want an audience of children."

Iā€™ve see this phrase used recently in the US as a way to justify or gain agreement on laws targeting LGBTQ+ people, specifically drag and transgender. The issue I have with the phrase is that it implies drag queens are groomers and pedophiles specifically targeting children. That same argument and fear was used for many years to discriminate against and target all homosexuals, especially gay men. ā€œWe must protect childrenā€ was a rallying cry, stoking fear and distrust of gay people.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I wouldnā€™t take a child to a drag show thatā€™s intended specifically for adultsā€¦ just like I wouldnā€™t take a child to see the show of a vulgar straight comedianā€¦ because itā€™s not appropriate for children. However, I donā€™t have an issue if a parent chooses to allow their child to go to a ā€œDrag Queen Story Hourā€ in a public library where an age appropriate book is read to children. Some parents may believe it helps their child understand there are all kinds of people in the world and itā€™s ok to be different. I think a responsible parent knows their child and whether or not a ā€œstory hourā€ like this would be appropriate for them.

Iā€™ve poked fun at Philip many times about his cross dressing. Heā€™s not a drag queen or transgender (to my knowledge). But itā€™s not because he wears womenā€™s clothesā€¦I poke fun at him because I think heā€™s putting on a performance as ā€œStephanieā€™s boyfriendā€ for the camera, and Iā€™m calling out what I think is a deception.

Iā€™m really not trying to create drama or derail. All Iā€™m asking is before quoting that phrase again, please think about the harm it could unfairly cause so many people. Variations of it has been used for years to marginalize, persecute, and demonize all gay people.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
So funny, so true! lol we cut most of them off at the pass 5 min from walking in. This village they're all from is so pretty it's a shame as it's full of them who are so far up their arses it's untrue, even the Mairie said no more Brits. All trying to find out how long you've lived here, we've been here longer than all of them. Think our faces said it all so we joined the normal side of the garden where all the local goss was going on, rather than listening to those pratts brag.
That's a thing isn't it. The 1st question brits ask when they meet for the first time is "how long have you lived here?" Like a race or a competition. I remember being in the village hall years ago for the maires new year wishes chatting with one of the few brits I'll happily talk to and some bint came bustling over and said to the other person, not me (!) Oh, who's this, a newbie. So we were introduced, instant dislike on my part I have to say and the first question was when did you move in, how long have you been here? She nearly fell over when I told her we had been there about 12 years at that point. That our son was in the local school (not an international) and a cyclist of note for his age in a local club affiliated to the french federation. That I was on the pta, helped in the classes and also helped with the committee des fĆŖtes. The daggers coming out of her eyes when it was time to leave and we did double kisses with the maire and were invited to a private soirĆ©e at his was most satisfying.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
My first peachick hatched and it is...WHITE šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚...and no, its name isn't Marshmellow or Snow White but I'm open to suggestions. (y)
"Safēd" - the colour of snow in Hindi.
"Isvara" - the Sanskrit word for 'pure white light.'
"Sita" - clear and bright in Hindi.
"Mayūra" - Sanskrit for peacock.

Please don't give it a stupid childish name. That would be so lieLande.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Iā€™ve poked fun at Philip many times about his cross dressing. Heā€™s not a drag queen or transgender (to my knowledge). But itā€™s not because he wears womenā€™s clothesā€¦I poke fun at him because I think heā€™s putting on a performance as ā€œStephanieā€™s boyfriendā€ for the camera, and Iā€™m calling out what I think is a deception.
I am with you on that, KyB. I call out the Twank because he is a liar. He and his f*g hag are being dishonest about their relationship. The Twank is as gay as the toile room is pink.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
We've all been here a long freakin' time - has the dial moved any? I mean, I'm bored and enjoy it here but has any of *our* posting helped at all? Have we just helped S*P come up with more content? Have we helped them avoid the mine fields?

Since others post music they enjoy - I feel like offering up this . . . and I'd just like to defend myself and say - no, I'm not Pavlina, lol nor anyone else at the chateau :)
God I love Disturbed and their rendition of this song! When I listen to this (which is often) it has a strange calming effect on me. It's just hauntingly beautiful.
Also I agree with your sentiment regarding whether posting has helped. Personally I believe there are too many lonely, misguided souls out there looking for guidance or a sense of belonging so they latch onto to people like Stephanie and celebrities. Unfortunately most celebrities (a-z list) don't give a damn about anyone, they only care about the attention and money they can squeeze out of the fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That's a thing isn't it. The 1st question brits ask when they meet for the first time is "how long have you lived here?" Like a race or a competition. I remember being in the village hall years ago for the maires new year wishes chatting with one of the few brits I'll happily talk to and some bint came bustling over and said to the other person, not me (!) Oh, who's this, a newbie. So we were introduced, instant dislike on my part I have to say and the first question was when did you move in, how long have you been here? She nearly fell over when I told her we had been there about 12 years at that point. That our son was in the local school (not an international) and a cyclist of note for his age in a local club affiliated to the french federation. That I was on the pta, helped in the classes and also helped with the committee des fĆŖtes. The daggers coming out of her eyes when it was time to leave and we did double kisses with the maire and were invited to a private soirĆ©e at his was most satisfying.
They're so predictable, you can spot them a mile off. One comment we got last night from a chap was 'oh, you're old timers then' I said 'if you say so', conversation ended lol I just can't be arsed, talk to me like a twatt and woe betide what response you get back. The moment we walked in Mr Spratt said, 'I'm ready to leave whenever you are'. Luckily other than the hostess none had been customers. as he's had some epic idiots. If it hadn't been for the neighbours we'd have made our excuses early on. If there's ever another I think i'll ask in advance who's going.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Donā€™t get me wrong butā€¦
I thought you didnā€™t want to be confused with a certain Ms Gooderā€¦ it is starting to look :rolleyes: :p
Much laughter. Such amusement.
Iā€™m against with any sort of intentional misinformationā€¦ whether from SJ and Co, or tattlers šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
---
On that note, I apologise for my own "click bait" post in suggesting Dan flooded his yurt. It was meant as a "click bait" joke but it fell flat.

I'll go stand in the naughty corner now. I'll take a charcuterie board and a bottle of scotch with me so I don't starve.
Ok, since the naughty corner sounds so much fun, Iā€™ll come sit with you for my Gooder impersonation šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Since Fanny always seems to want the guests to know that meals come from the garden, Maria should serve Thor to the patron guests for Patron days. Fanny won't miss them, and everyone will be glad that they won't have peacock tit all over their cars. It's a win-win!
And it's in keeping with her idolization of all things Versailles! (Image of pheasant, couldn't easily find image of peacock)
1691336183710.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh my goodness I am in shock with the location of the patrons reception. The terrible tables and chairs used to serve the patrons luncheon. If it was a luncheon, was it? Maybe she just served cheap drinks. I donā€˜t remember ever seeing the video of the patron day if there was one and I missed the absurdity of that reception facility completely. I just can not believe she set tables in the stables, on that stone floor, with those school chairsā€¦ It is so repugnant. Those were mostly old ladies, with sandals, maybe some with hills, they could have fallen, twisted ankles or worse. She hasnā€™t got a clue about hospitality or good servicesā€¦ they pay her a fortune a month and she can not show some appreciation by preparing something pretty. Rent a nice tent, lights, tables and comfortable chairs, and please order a proper cake or twoā€¦ everything is so miserable, poorly prepared and ugly. I can not imagine the reason why a patron would like to set feet in that dump.
I think the idea is to make sure she profits from Patron Day with their purchases from the shop - and, they hope, the ridiculously overpriced Potty Pictures, and Andie's artwork. It isn't, Heaven Forbid, to give something back....

Reactions: 19
I was going to scroll and ignore, but I thought for a while and decided to comment. I was reminded of the phrase ā€œSilence is complicityā€ so I think I should speak up. I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s mind can be changed in a social media thread, but I hope people can at least listen and consider.

Iā€™ve see this phrase used recently in the US as a way to justify or gain agreement on laws targeting LGBTQ+ people, specifically drag and transgender. The issue I have with the phrase is that it implies drag queens are groomers and pedophiles specifically targeting children. That same argument and fear was used for many years to discriminate against and target all homosexuals, especially gay men. ā€œWe must protect childrenā€ was a rallying cry, stoking fear and distrust of gay people.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I wouldnā€™t take a child to a drag show thatā€™s intended specifically for adultsā€¦ just like I wouldnā€™t take a child to see the show of a vulgar straight comedianā€¦ because itā€™s not appropriate for children. However, I donā€™t have an issue if a parent chooses to allow their child to go to a ā€œDrag Queen Story Hourā€ in a public library where an age appropriate book is read to children. Some parents may believe it helps their child understand there are all kinds of people in the world and itā€™s ok to be different. I think a responsible parent knows their child and whether or not a ā€œstory hourā€ like this would be appropriate for them.

Iā€™m really not trying to create drama or derail. All Iā€™m asking is before quoting that phrase again, please think about the harm it could unfairly cause so many people. Variations of it has been used for years to marginalize, persecute, and demonize all gay people.
Very well said Ky!

Itā€™s the same malicious frame of thought that says all muslims are te***ists, and all the Mexicans are illegal criminals and on and on. Taking the outsiders of a demographic they donā€™t like and applying their faults to everyone. But funny enough, they always fail to see their own demographic and the terrible things that are done by some of their ā€œpeopleā€.
Regardless of gender, nationality, race or religionā€¦ crappy people exist, but most people are decent. demonizing a whole group of people and cherry picking what you see and what you ignore is the height of hypocrisy and I cannot stand it!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
"Safēd" - the colour of snow in Hindi.
"Isvara" - the Sanskrit word for 'pure white light.'
"Sita" - clear and bright in Hindi.
"Mayūra" - Sanskrit for peacock.

Please don't give it a stupid childish name. That would be so lieLande.
Love these very much lolair! Agreed, no stupid name for my peachick- these birds deserve better. Here is the little bugger.
I will stop torturing people with peacocks! ;)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 38
What a cutie. My cousin had peacocks roaming his racing barn and I grew up being chased by males. Bougie birds

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Well said and thank you for speaking up.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Well stated. ā¤ā¤ā¤
---
What a cutie. My cousin had peacocks roaming his racing barn and I grew up being chased by males. Bougie birds
Our peacock was nice but our geeseā€¦.I dare not turn my back. šŸŖ暟Ŗ暟Ŗ暟Ŗ暟Ŗæ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.