The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My interest was piqued by some of your banter (seriously, the photos should have put me off) so I had to have a little lookey. Big mistake. Huge. I only made it to 6 minutes. Her fucking voice, I just wanted to make it stop.

Camille Claudel died in relative obscurity. Rodin was jealous of her work and arranged to have her funding cut off. It was alleged that he stole pieces and ideas of her work and passed them off as his own. They did indeed have a very tumultuous relationship but he refused to leave his mistress, Rose Beuret. Claudel ended the intimate relationship after an abortion, though continued a collaboration. She suffered greatly from mental illness, not surprisingly given her life. Her biography is well worth a read.

Little known fact... many mental institutions in France bare the name Camille Claudel!

It is amazing that fanny always hones in on the sordid aspect of a story and you get very little of interest and truth from her.

Reactions: 35
That was a really touching and well done documentary. Wow. Stephanie sucks
---

And men are apes
---

And men are pigs
---

He’s kind of a less weird Davy, no?
---

He’s kind of a less weird Davy, no?
Nooooooo! In fact Dave’s is a different species than Dream Doc.

Reactions: 11
I remember the Bélibastes from Montaillou.
I think about a life lived as a historian of the last good century, the 12th, speaking Oc and living there among -- "our brothers who lived long ago", as LaDurie calls them. I follow Earl Spencer on Instagram; every morning and evening he has a shot of this land his family has lived on for 500 years. He touches on the idea of living just as one tiny particle of many in the big river of time, which is all around all of us of course, but much more evident in places your direct ancestors hacked out of the primeval forest. (Though it seems the Romans were at Althorp too, and he speaks about living in a place people have inhabited since at least 100 AD. Neanderthals lived there previously.) To live in both the 12th and 21st centuries would be so interesting. I imagine some of the heroes of the day like Abelard would have some pointed remarks, and also deep satisfaction that love still sometimes wins.
It remains, anyway. Amor manet.

Reactions: 14
I was so completely horrified by her take on the harem I scuttled off to look up the word crapulous. Her head is full of bad stuff.

Reactions: 16
They were looking very plump and round. Has she had them shaved, buffed, and de-sagged?
I think her bustline is the only thing of Jarvis’ that have seen any renovations. We all know she’s an itty bitty titty girl and those are some National Geographic dugs! I suspect someone’s gone in for an inflating. I’ve never seen chicken cutlets or a WonderBra that allowed that much sag and separation!

Reactions: 24
What if someone's real name here was Karen? Oops!

Reactions: 15
Stephanie always has to show off her new purchases!

Reactions: 28
Friend of my deceased father died this week. No funeral as body donated to medical school. Do other countries do this? His family will get his ashes once they are finished with him.
one of the profs from our department will be donated when his time comes. i think he filled some sort of form.

Reactions: 13
I'm beginning to think the twins are a distraction from the widening waistline... she's become quite boxlike... Stay away from belts Fanny, they also hate you. are not your friend..

Reactions: 24
Adding your recs to my French history folder, I remember that this 1985 piece, the best single short piece I've read about the French, is set in the Tarn -- one redoubt of the Cathars and the remote family vacation home of decades to du Plessix Gray's interesting, quasi aristocratic, Resistance fighter and super-Cath French family.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.