The Chateau Diaries #245 Mummy, new look; Phi Phi, new pants; Ruthie, new novel - stranger than fiction!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some call it magic, others call it inedible, unrecognizable, stupid looking, and definitely not worth $50 a head!

(I have no idea what this is! But the creative use of what looks like celery leaves is ridiculous looking).

View attachment 2214739
At least Maria is wearing gloves and appears to have her hair tied back, so that's progress. Her starters do look a bit too 'Instagram' to me. I'd rather enjoy eating it than looking at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm giving credit where credit's due! MPK's garden is lovely and just shows what can be done. Fanny has far more land but has achieved next to nothing even though she desperately tries to claim how much it has developed. In addition, Michael has learnt the names of all the flowers whereas people like Fanny and Marie Wiik have no idea what things are called, and frequently mis-name them. It proves that they have no real interest in nature, whereas Michael has. His vlogs are so much better and more interesting than Fanny's. It's a shame he went off the rails and that their friendship came to an end. They could have achieved a lot more together. I hope Michael is settling down and wish he could find a suitable partner to stick with. I doubt if Fanny will ever find anyone decent as she has no decency herself, whatsoever. MPK, despite his Spanish shenanigans and the way he let his patrons down, has a lot more skills and personality than PJ and I hope he will remain positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Some call it magic, others call it inedible, unrecognizable, stupid looking, and definitely not worth $50 a head!

(I have no idea what this is! But the creative use of what looks like celery leaves is ridiculous looking).

View attachment 2214739
VERY similar to what I'd do for kids' birthday parties, icecream on the bottom, oreo crumbs on top, gummy worms and a plastic daisy growing on top.. Huge hit with the kids... 50 euro guests.. I think not.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
i got almost crucified couple of times for this but i don't think sarma is croatian dish.
Can attest Romania has it as well and I think we got it from the Turks. It is now one of our national dishes.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can attest Romania has it as well and I think we got it from the Turks. It is now one of our national dishes.
So being Polish Sarma is like Golumpki, almost I guess different places have the same kinds of food, but delish is delish no matter what it is called...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hate parsley. Now cilantro, I’m down with the cilantro.
Sadly (not) I’m one of those people to which cilantro tastes of soap. If a recipe calls for it I reduce the amount and use additional leafy green herbs such as mint. My reaction isn’t as extreme as my brother’s, who was known for spitting it across a room.🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Patron comments about watering the garden....
Elizabeth Perry
You need to drill a well. Four inch casing and a submersible pump. You will need a pressure tank,pipe, and wiring. Find an old well driller who will use a devining rod, could be copper or willow. I know that there must still be well drillers in that area. Contact The Division of Ground Water. I am certain that your region in France will have one. In rural areas in America you are encouraged to dig ponds for livestock and this work is often paid for by the state. Also the Division of Ground Water will have the history of most of the wels drilledl around there and probably could give you an ideal of the depth to expect.

Jerrie Lindsey
I would think you could establish above or below ground cisterns to catch water off the roofs of the chateau. You could be much more self sufficient with water that way.
Simonè Julee
Do you use the grey water from the Chateau in the garden? Xx
The chatidiots have no freaking idea what any of the above means...
---
View attachment 2214182
View attachment 2214183

My guess...
Saint of Boxed Wine
View attachment 2214285

C G
1 day ago
Just love the statute of Holy Mother Theotokos by the window in the kitchen.

Marie A.
1 day ago
Love to see the virgin mary statue

caroline gooder
1 day ago
It is a Saint for the flowers.
Did someone paint by numbers on the statue of Mary???

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
VERY similar to what I'd do for kids' birthday parties, icecream on the bottom, oreo crumbs on top, gummy worms and a plastic daisy growing on top.. Huge hit with the kids... 50 euro guests.. I think not.
Big winner for a kids birthday.
1685812044060.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
At least Maria is wearing gloves and appears to have her hair tied back, so that's progress. Her starters do look a bit too 'Instagram' to me. I'd rather enjoy eating it than looking at it.
Fanny is stuck in the nouvelle cuisine style of the 80’s - that’s the brief she’s giving Maria 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sadly (not) I’m one of those people to which cilantro tastes of soap. If a recipe calls for it I reduce the amount and use additional leafy green herbs such as mint. My reaction isn’t as extreme as my brother’s, who was known for spitting it across a room.🤮
Same here Cilantro tastes.like soap.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Same here Cilantro tastes.like soap.
once or twice a week I go to a s. c. "salad bar" around the corner of my firm. they have 12 salads you can chose from the menu and then they mix them in front of you. some of them have cilantro in it and nasty thing realy ruins the food (and mustard+honey dressing, don't know which is worse). and i guess they got some complaints over it because one day the girl who works there asked me if i wanted it in my salad. i very gratefuly declined.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.