The Chateau Diaries #245 Mummy, new look; Phi Phi, new pants; Ruthie, new novel - stranger than fiction!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @suthern_lurker for naming the thread. I tried to make your suggestion fit. ❤

Congratulations to our newest VIP @Tea with lemon thread #246 is yours to name. ❤

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

CountessPompidoo

VIP Member

Sunday at 10:42 PM
Just watched Steff's latest spend, spend, spend vlog. Steff is delusional if she thinnks we all believe that next year, she'll probably 'only buy an ice-cream' at The Chelsea Flower Show. She's such a liar.

As for Mummy, your comment about living like a pauper did not go un-notced :

The Motor Trade
31 minutes ago
Mummy: "We were living like paupers"....with a home in England, an apartment in London, an ocean view home in South Africa and a 16 bedroom Chateau in France. I pray to the gods such poverty will strike me as well.

47 'likes are rising before it gets deleted (y)

Last edited: Sunday at 11:00 PM
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, StephaniesSupportConsort, Maple fairy and 58 others

Miss Tea

Saturday at 12:32 AM
Hello Everyone! Lurking since December 2020, but thanks to a kind tattler, I am finally able to post to tattle. I'm going to be on my best behavior so as not to get banished or anything. Happy to be here and participating rather than lurking finally.

• Heart
Reactions:You, Bleu Lala, Irish Lou and 52 others

Welcome @Miss Tea ❤

SleepingBeauty123

Saturday at 10:35 AM
LurkingMeg said:
Fanny skulks around France like she's wanted in 200 provinces. Never goes anywhere interesting, and if she does, she only stays for the night and then out at the crack of 2 pm the next day when she wakes up. She begrudgingly visits other Chateau owners, but arrives at 3 am and leaves after brunch. Really.....odd.
I agree. Why doesn’t she go to Paris more often? I follow this one makeup artist who lives there and she is constantly out and about, which is why I really like watching her, as her videos vary from makeup tutorials to life in Paris. Sometimes she’ll film shopping, eating in cute little cafes, or just walking down the street with her husband and baby to show the streets of Paris. I loved seeing the shopping and streets at Christmas. (Plus, she browses and buys designer stuff and fancy makeup at Galaries Lafayette, which makes me drool. I don’t know if I will ever get to go there and I like seeing these places). There is so much to see in Paris that it amazes me that Stephanie only seems to use Paris as an airport hub to go to other places. If anyone is interested, this is her channel. Her makeup is super wearable.

https://youtube.com/@AliAndreea

I was really surprised that Stephanie’s latest vlog actually acknowledged George Sand (although, her condescending comment to the audience about “who was actually a woman, if you didn’t know, even though she went by George” reminded me of the “that’s French for big room” comment. I don’t remember her ever mentioning it or showing any of the area highlights around her. Better than her showing herself talking to chickens and waking up in bed. I watched this latest blog just to see the hideous dresses from Emmaus that everyone was talking about. Yes, that dress she had on was terrible and needed to be thrown away. It wasn’t worth $6, let alone 60 cents. The seam down the front where the pattern didn’t match, and as Stephanie even noted, the ugly purple zipper sewn into it. It was a cheap dress when it was made, and not a fun vintage dress. I will agree that the dress fit her well and was the most flattering design on her that she has worn in a long time. She definitely needs to start wearing empire waist dresses as they are the most flattering on her now. Totally agree @Karma baby! Notes for Phillip and Stephanie:

Philip: SHUT UP! For the love of God you sound like a bleeping idiot. Empire waists were not only popular in the 70’s. A dress with an empire waist doesn’t make it automatically 70’s retro. Also, that dress was a bad 90’s fabric, not 70’s. You sound stupid. Just because you are gay does not make you an expert on women’s fashion. You are making Stephanie look like tit. It’s like you are deliberately sabotaging her.

Stephanie: Quit listening to Philip. You do NOT need to put a belt on ANYTHING! You are --- waisted. Belts cut you off. I’m sorry your mother never taught you this lesson. My mom told me that I was --- to put a belt on anything when I was 15. That is what mothers are for…to guide you through the awkward phase of learning how to dress to best suit your body type. If a dress is too big in the waist, then get it tailored. Throwing a belt on top of it does not make the dress fit better! Example: the Jenny Peckham dress that you received in the gift grab. Please go look at Catherine, the Princess of Wales. Jenny Packham is a designer she wears a lot. If the dress was not designed with a belt, don’t add one yourself. Any belts that are designed with the dress are ok, as they usually are there to accent the waist, for visual interest, and made out of the same fabric of the dress, and drape nicely with the design of the dress. These type of belts will not cut you off. Also, the Princess is tall and willowy and can get totally get away with wearing belts. You can’t. It’s ok.

Just for the love of God…stop listening to a Philip! You looked so much better before he started dressing you! I mean, look what HE wears. Why would you think he would be an expert on women’s fashion, when he can’t even figure out men’s fashion? If I hear him say, “You should add a belt” one more time I’m going to scream.

Well, this post just totally went off the rails. Lol…just some things that have been percolating in my mind. Back to the original topic. Yes, Stephanie needs to get out more in her own local area. Besides the gas shop cheese place.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:Maple fairy, StarrD1927, LadyRed and 49 others

JackSpratt

VIP Member

Monday at 12:15 PM
KiKiGee said:
🎯

View attachment 2202307
caroline gooder
36 minutes ago (edited)
Isabelle only owes a tiny house in England and a slightly larger one in SF after 80 years of hard work. Why do you pick on her?
Oh piss off and go boil your head, Gooder!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Maple fairy, josi and 44 others

KiKiGee

VIP Member

Sunday at 11:10 PM
MRShavershamsdress said:
They left out mummy’s apartment in the South of France.
C'est moi said:
In case anyone doesn't know, you rabid fans and patreons, mummy has an appartement in Cap d'Agde in the south of France. It is in a very desirable area. Very popular. Property prices are stable and rentability opportunities are excellent. Mummy has an exceptionally valuable portfolio of properties. You rabid fans and patreons that like to live dangerously and come here to lurk and read... DON'T EVER BELIEVE MUMMY IS A PAUPER. NEITHER IS STEPHANIE.
🎯

200w (14).gif

caroline gooder
36 minutes ago (edited)
Isabelle only owes a tiny house in England and a slightly larger one in SF after 80 years of hard work. Why do you pick on her?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions:You, JDude, Maple fairy and 43 others

Any questions? Give our wiki a try!
Happy Tattling.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@ComtesseRose thank you for continuing the creation of treads, I raced to finish the last thread as on waking up with a full day ahead I thought very soon another thread and when I finally get there another 20 pages behind.

But not so, nothing much must be happening I am on the first page.
Now my questions are:

What has happened to the mercedes convertable Stephaine bought for Isobel?
Summer is coming will it be gifted to her?

M&M dress up no sketches of Stephaine from Steven, indicates a no show.
Whose turning up a Chateau Love and did Viv state that Stuart is coming back?
Is Stephaine attending Tess wedding, or will she give it a miss a most likely a phone ban so no milage to be made?

Finally why has Philip stopped wearing the cricket boxand back to tucking?

I am sure the answers will be revealed>>>>>>>>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Thank you for the new thread ComtesseRose 💋

Just finished Travel with my Friend ...... OMG , that dress and high heels Fanny tottled around at Lake Garda - Hey Fanny - Lulu wants her dress back!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
" What has happened to the mercedes convertable Stephaine bought for Isobel? "

My guess is the Tartan Terror uses it when he's out and about looking for a kaboob or two.

Mummy can barely see so probably inadvisable for her to drive it.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
@Jules100 Isabelle was drunk during the grift grab. I don’t blame her, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Would be fun to only have drunk Mummy and drunk Kat on the couch with Fanny during Grabeaux and watch Fanny have a meltdown. It would be like herding drunk cats.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Thank you @ComtesseRose for, as always, setting up the new thread. Congratulations @suthern_lurker for the tittle. And congrats @Tea with lemon on your VIP-ness.

On the subject on fanny's "free" upgrades... I guess she's not really wrong. They are free, to her, because someone else's money pays for them!

Whatever happened to the Ford Focus that Potts or baghead got for her? Has that been trashed? And yes, when is the Mercedes convertible going to make an appearance? So paarfact for summer!

If the Garda flog was filmed in 2020 how did they travel so freely? The borders were closed to all but essential travel. I suppose in the summer there was a little give, but here in France we were strongly advised to stay within the borders. We personally had cancelled a booked holiday in Italy in 2020 due to the restrictions. Nicki Positano vlogged throughout and showed an empty Amalfi coast and strict protocols. They were no doubt travelling on British passports so someone elses problem. I saw Camiknickers whip out the hand sanitiser on the boat but where were their masks and social distancing protocols? Such a blatant disrespect for the rules and regulations and the wellbeing of others. Rules just don't apply to fanny and her ilk!

Is it me but, watching that Garda flog with Camiknickers in it from 3 years ago, has/did fanny's speech pattern change to emulate Camiknickers way of speaking at around that time? I always find the way cami speaks somewhat false and I wonder if fanny has felt inferior to her and is trying to be a better version of her! I think it's fair to say that jealousy rages within on fanny's part with regard to Camiknickers.

I watched bits of the old CD Garda flog, thank you to those that posted it, but couldn't watch her sully my favorite country. I won't watch the travels with my dumb-arse blonde twit of a jealous friend version.

• Heart
  • Haha
Once again the threads go at lightning speed, thank you ComtesseRosa for keeping us on an even keel and Southern lurker for the pithy naming of said thread 🧵
It gets harder and harder to watch the vlogs literally nothing happens, so much more interesting vloggers to watch and the weather here is lovely, and just keeping up with tattle is a full time job. Well off I go to find more dead peoples stuff to sell to millennials 😂🥰🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I think it's fair to say that jealousy rages within on fanny's part with regard to Camiknickers.
Oh I do agree !!!
Fanny was so jealous that she did not like to put Cammi in the picture .... it was SHE that was sitting next to Oily Ollie ... still , Cammi was sitting in the boat and looking all "Seafaring Chic" that camera of hers swiftly changed its direction - Cammi was looking tooooo sexy .
Fanny Must be the sexy one .
The way Fanny was smiling with her big fangs hanging out - the woman looked insane with her Cheshire Cat smile and limp hat !

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Cami knickers has a husband and family. Fanny has Gerry as a brother….
Thank you ComtesseRosa and suthernlurker for keeping us in order.

A small town garden ,a corner that gets no sun half the year in an ‘English ‘garden looked after by one not so able lady. No patron dollars, no designer from Belgium and no wine at 10 am. Scented honeysuckle and roses and many others.

Marie is working for herself? Is she paying board? Who is paying her to cook/ housesit. Patron or Fanny?

Fanny on her ‘ grand tour’ of Europe….ladies did wear hats in those days they also wore skirts.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

A small town garden ,a corner that gets no sun half the year in an ‘English ‘garden looked after by one not so able lady. No patron dollars, no designer from Belgium and no wine at 10 am. Scented honeysuckle and roses and many others.

Marie is working for herself? Is she paying board? Who is paying her to cook/ housesit. Patron or Fanny?

Fanny on her ‘ grand tour’ of Europe….ladies did wear hats in those days they also wore skirts.
Your garden is an oasis. I bet it's calm and tranquil. I love the path. And dahling... give the wine at 10am a go. Just once in a while. Start the morning with a glass of bubbles 😘🥂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Looking great @Lochness Monster.
Lots of the same plants as me although my garden will only be 2 years old in September so some climbers have a way to go yet to cover the ugly fence - took cuttings from my established passion flower and 2 types of scented honeysuckle. I have 3-4 different types of alliums currently in full bloom plus 5 rose bushes too - my favourite is Twice in a Blue Moon, gorgeous perfume, was a housewarming gift.

1685525537989.png

Having all my paths/patio jet washed today, can't wait.
And, just like you, all paid for out of my own pocket! Who knew that that was a thing? ;) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Good morning all. Have woken up to a beautiful day in sunny Spain after celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary last night. No sore head I’m pleased to say.
Thanks @ComtesseRose as always for keeping us going, great thread title @suthern_lurker and quelle surprise, my comment was No 1 most liked last thread. I’m getter better at this tattle lark 😅
What will Fanny be up to in 26 years I wonder ? What horror awaits 🤪😜😝

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Lots of the same plants as me although my garden will only be 2 years old in September so some climbers have a way to go yet to cover the ugly fence - took cuttings from my established passion flower and 2 types of scented honeysuckle. I have 3-4 different types of alliums currently in full bloom plus 5 rose bushes too - my favourite is Twice in a Blue Moon, gorgeous perfume, was a housewarming gift.

View attachment 2207648
And, just like you, all paid for out of my own pocket! Who knew that that was a thing? ;) ❤
This is a favourite today…. Excellent cut flower , shame no scent, I love the purple whirly gig stamen.
I like hydrangea semanii and trained Garrya in the shade on my fence as an evergreen background…. And yes it is very tranquil in my garden…

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 24

wow your garden is absolutely stunning so much texture and layers it is a real haven xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hello Tattlers, I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd come out f the shadows and say hi. You all make me laugh so much.
I watched Chateau DIY and found CD through that show. I liked SJ then. At the time I was living in Framlingham and felt a connection with a local girl. To my shame I even became a patreon. Until things didn't add up and I realised she had numerous properties and significantly more money than me! The final straw for me was seeing the nursing home they used to run. If they could afford property like that they could afford to do up their own bloody chateau.
Support squirrel winds me up more than all of them. Why does he think we need to hear from him all the time??!! Shut the F up.
I will finish by talking about the one thing we brits love talking about the most, the weather. It's freezing in the UK. Is everywhere else having a rubbish start to the summer or is it just here?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I can't muster the will to watch travels with my friend. However I did peak how many subscribers/views she got. There is no way that channel earns her enough money to justify travelling and filming to 'help' with the renovations. The 'traveling youtube market' is saturated unless you bring something refreshing onto the table, you are getting nowhere. Barcelona many people have visited Barcelona, lake garda/como, venice already.
The concept is wrong and boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I can't muster the will to watch travels with my friend. However I did peak how many subscribers/views she got. There is no way that channel earns her enough money to justify travelling and filming to 'help' with the renovations. The 'traveling youtube market' is saturated unless you bring something refreshing onto the table, you are getting nowhere. Barcelona many people have visited Barcelona, lake garda/como, venice already.
The concept is wrong and boring.
Spending patron dollars to travel… in plain sight.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
214c91b5-6241-4719-8113-fe0e82ab13db_text.gif

1685526031875.png

alice-cooper.gif

Jason Dubey
5 hours ago (edited)
Can I borrow your eyes? Because I CAN'T BELIEVE MY OWN! Such amazing beauty you found for us at this stunning island! You two are so fun together, and you NAILED IT ON THIS VLOG! Steph's look of joy coupled with your look of satisfaction on the boat ride back with that music actually gave me chills! Bravo, and CHEERS!!!!

• Sick
  • Haha

View attachment 2207648
That a rose that brings back such special memories of my mum. I didn’t know it was still available or I would have bought it years ago.
---

You are such a talented gardener, it really is beautiful and tranquil. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.