The Chateau Diaries #24 The Church of Stephinology and the Order of the Spode

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching last night vlog at Marc's sister's chateau.

I couldn't help but comparing the 2 women in many of the different "scenes"... What a difference ! Striking.

In one side, you have a "normal" woman, mature, well in her skin (as we say in french), calm, intelligent, and yet younger !
In the other side, you have, a immature woman, always playing with the others, laughing, posing and yet, older !

Something is not right there.

It has never been so obvious than in this video.
It makes an interesting watch to see a woman battling with her fading beauty and charm (beauty has always been a cornerstone in her life) and realising there isn't much else in her empty and shallow life. Her vlog is a mirror for her and I don't think she likes watch she sees; an ignorant, vain and coward middle aged woman whose left her potential unused.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Definitely it's Daddy's art that derails it, for me.
This is the style of English country I mean, which she just doesn't manage. Usually with wallpapers and paintings and patterned fabrics, crammed with books and stuff, lived-in furniture that's been in the family forever. It's a busy look but done right it's so homely.

View attachment 483027
I find the picture on the right quite relaxing, whereas the one on the left is a bit hard to guage because there's no enough of the room - it makes me want to see the rest, but even in that small space it looks ok, imagine that portrait replaced by one of Daddy's - my eyes would be hurting.

Reactions: 6
[QUOTE="Joy no toile, post: 4272245, member: 197524"

Side note Phillip sounded in awe, nary a snort
[/QUOTE]
Like you I was revelling in No interruption from sir snort A lot until LOTLL found a way to include him once the piano was discovered

Marc had already said it was Not played as it wasent tuned - and the curator of all thing s piano plodded on with his rendition of his form of music

you could see marcs manners were nearly contained - until professor snort confirmed on camera 🎥- the piano needed a tuning

they are so lacking in basic manners
It was totally mortifying 🙀

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It makes an interesting watch to see a woman battling with her fading beauty and charm (beauty has always been a cornerstone in her life) and realising there isn't much else in her empty and shallow life.
I know we all see beauty differently, but I would not class SJ as beautiful. Her nose is too big, her eyes too boggley and her forehead too large. She knows how to make the most of what God gave her (and use filters/beautifiers), and can dress and turn out an attractive person (sometimes her make-up is awful) but I woud never class her as beautiful. Beauty stays with you no matter how much you age. I would like to see some pictures of Annalise in her younger days (I know she's not old now) but I do think she has beauty and it would be interesting to see her in her late teens/early twenties.

Reactions: 9
I know we all see beauty differently, but I would not class SJ as beautiful. Her nose is too big, her eyes too boggley and her forehead too large. She knows how to make the most of what God gave her (and use filters/beautifiers), and can dress and turn out an attractive person (sometimes her make-up is awful) but I woud never class her as beautiful. Beauty stays with you no matter how much you age. I would like to see some pictures of Annalise in her younger days (I know she's not old now) but I do think she has beauty and it would be interesting to see her in her late teens/early twenties.
Annalise just turned 30. From when they bought the house to now she has definitely aged. I do hope the stress let’s up for her.

Attachments

• Wow
Annalise just turned 30. From when they bought the house to now she has definitely aged. I do hope the stress let’s up for her.
Dan has aged too. I think she suffers from a disease called Lipoedema which is triggered at puberty, pregnancy and menopause or worsens through each state (I have it too so saw it straightaway on her) but yes, she is definitely far more of a beauty than SJ.

Last edited:
  • Heart
On this, we must respectfully disagree. I think she looks just fine. Your post reminds me of Pride and Prejudice:

"For my own part," she rejoined, "I must confess that I never could see any beauty in her. Her face is too thin; her complexion has no brilliancy; and her features are not at all handsome. Her nose wants character—there is nothing marked in its lines. Her teeth are tolerable, but not out of the common way; and as for her eyes, which have sometimes been called so fine, I could never see anything extraordinary in them. They have a sharp, shrewish look, which I do not like at all; and in her air altogether there is a self-sufficiency without fashion, which is intolerable."...."I remember, when we first knew her in Hertfordshire, how amazed we all were to find that she was a reputed beauty; and I particularly recollect your saying one night, after they had been dining at Netherfield, 'She a beauty!—I should as soon call her mother a wit.' But afterwards she seemed to improve on you, and I believe you thought her rather pretty at one time."
"Yes," replied Darcy, who could contain himself no longer, "but that was only when I first saw her, for it is many months since I have considered her as one of the handsomest women of my acquaintance."
He then went away, and Miss Bingley was left to all the satisfaction of having forced him to say what gave no one any pain but herself.

• Haha
It may have been a patreon video. She laid all the sketched squares out on dining table trying to recreate the whole scene. She struggled. She has been waiting for right artist to pick up the work. Apparently candian Steve (the one who designed logo #2, St Cecilia's face and mucked up filming CAC) has the gig when he arrives back in France - apparently purchasing own chateau. So for over 15 not even basic white tiles laid.
Oh she is deep in her delusion. Holding onto a naked image of herself that her father drew and wanting to memorialize it on a tile on the kitchen wall? The chateau in blue and white tile is one thing, opposite the wall of Spode. Throw in naked people frolicking (her words), including herself, Nick and Michael Potts, and she will have defaced any beauty that kitchen might have had. It will be like the wall of a public restroom facing off against the wall of Spode.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
On this, we must respectfully disagree. I think she looks just fine. Your post reminds me of Pride and Prejudice:

and I particularly recollect your saying one night, after they had been dining at Netherfield, 'She a beauty!—I should as soon call her mother a wit.' But afterwards she seemed to improve on you, and I believe you thought her rather pretty at one time."
"Yes," replied Darcy, who could contain himself no longer, "but that was only when I first saw her, for it is many months since I have considered her as one of the handsomest women of my acquaintance."
Yes, some people become attractive to you after knowing them a while! And may I say, some become less attractive too. SJ to my eye has actually become more attractive than when I first saw her on ETTCDIY, but I still don't find her to be any sort of beauty. I forgot to say, her mouth is open too much and too loud too, :)

Reactions: 2
I have to disagree. Not with your observations on SSB but on Annalise. To me she has an ordinary pretty face that will not age well at all - she needs to look after herself more. Putting on my tin hat now. Fire away...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Beauty and ugliness are subjective and for some, not what we see on the surface but what we see within. What is not beautiful is the idea that Daddy drew your naked picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have to disagree. Not with your observations on SSB but on Annalise. To me she has an ordinary pretty face that will not age well at all - she needs to look after herself more. Putting on my tin hat now. Fire away...
I think SJ is a beauty, and yes she's a 45 year old beauty now who is going to have to work out how to style herself so that she doesn't look like she's holding on to too-youthful style, so that she can wear her age elegantly. To drop the hemlines and go darker and ashier blonde. Her figure is certainly admirable at her age. Limbs long and lean, all that.

I agree that Annalise is a pleasant pretty-faced girl of 30 but she ought to be careful because she's not on a good trajectory at all. She looks like she's been baking pies in the West Country and has decided to let it all go. ::covers head::

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Annelise said in their YT comments that she has asthma. I wonder if she takes any cortisone for her treatment ? And she had 2 kids in a very short time : how old are the 2 boys ?

I think Annalise is beautiful but she's not vain. So sometimes we see her without make-up, or when she's exhausted, or when she's running around after two toddlers. She's really a natural beauty. There's also a kindness and generosity of spirit in Annalise that shines through, and that's beautiful in itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think SJ is a beauty, and yes she's a 45 year old beauty now who is going to have to work out how to style herself so that she doesn't look like she's holding on to too-youthful style, so that she can wear her age elegantly. To drop the hemlines and go darker and ashier blonde. Her figure is certainly admirable at her age. Limbs long and lean, all that.

I agree that Annalise is a pleasant pretty-faced girl of 30 but she ought to be careful because she's not on a good trajectory at all. She looks like she's been baking pies in the West Country and has decided to let it all go. ::covers head::
I agree fully with you.... SJ has been fortunate for the body and metabolism she has; Annalise not so much, we can all see she is obese, probably has some condition giving her this appearance but none the less they are both attractive in their own way. I am sure Annalise, being an adult, is well aware of her size and health repercussions and will probably deal with it when ready.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.