The Chateau Diaries #24 The Church of Stephinology and the Order of the Spode

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think SJ is a beauty, and yes she's a 45 year old beauty now who is going to have to work out how to style herself so that she doesn't look like she's holding on to too-youthful style, so that she can wear her age elegantly. To drop the hemlines and go darker and ashier blonde. Her figure is certainly admirable at her age. Limbs long and lean, all that.

I agree that Annalise is a pleasant pretty-faced girl of 30 but she ought to be careful because she's not on a good trajectory at all. She looks like she's been baking pies in the West Country and has decided to let it all go. ::covers head::
Is this again a cultural thing? @LadyoftheEast prefers her women Russian babushka -style, which Annalise is a beautiful example of, and western Europeans like their witches as skinny Skeletors? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I haven't noticed anything as garish as Stephanie's decor in English country houses. I shall have to take more note. Maybe its just the addition of Daddy's tat that draws my attention to her overall bad taste.
"Loud" is a good adjective for everything to do with SJ: loud, garish, OTT decor; loud paintings by Daddy; loud clothes (boobs showing & garish yellow dresses); loud laugh; loud speaking voice; loud singing; loud gestures; loud parties, etc. She, and her taste, appearance and all else drown out everyone else. Cultured and educated people with good taste tend not to look, behave and conduct themselves in that manner. I always need to find the mute button when SJ is performing and not just for the sound but also the sight! You would think all educated/cultured viewers would feel the same. We can only assume they are too gullible, too tasteless, or too unhappy to see that for themselves!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Is this again a cultural thing? @LadyoftheEast prefers her women Russian babushka -style, which Annalise is a beautiful example of, and western Europeans like their witches as skinny Skeletors?
SJ's silhouette, long hands and long neck, high forehead, high insteps and ALL that, actually reminds me of my Russian ballet teachers! Annalise puts me in mind of a comfy nanny or milkmaid.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"Loud" is a good adjective for everything to do with SJ: loud, garish, OTT decor; loud paintings by Daddy; loud clothes (boobs showing & garish yellow dresses); loud laugh; loud speaking voice; loud singing; loud gestrures; loud parties, etc. She, and her taste, appearance and all else drown out everyone else. Cultured and educated people with good taste tend not to look, behave and conduct themselves in that manner. I always need to find the mute button when SJ is performing and not just for the sound but also the sight! You would think all educated/cultured viewers would feel the same. We can only assume they are too gullible, too tasteless, or too unhappy to see that for themselves!
I agree! But now that you mention it, I watched one of her first videos (shot in portrait mode) the other day and I really noticed that her voice was much less strident and her movements less flighty. She was MUCH less irritating! I think it was the 3rd episode or the 4th. Very short.
Why would she make the choice to crank it all up, as her followers grew? Mystery.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Watching yesterday's vlog, this is definitely required by SJ.
I also thought what exactly if anything went to emmaüs or did she find it from the pile under IJ's blanket that was on its way to the tip.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I agree! But now that you mention it, I watched one of her first videos (shot in portrait mode) the other day and I really noticed that her voice was much less strident and her movements less flighty. She was MUCH less irritating! I think it was the 3rd episode or the 4th. Very short.
Why would she make the choice to crank it all up, as her followers grew? Mystery
Yes, you are right, I think that's how we all started viewing. She seemed a bit more modest then. I think it's probaby the desire to be a "star" which may have been hidden till she started getting positive feedback and when the money started rolling in. Older pictures of her at the chateau in the early days suggest a different style of clothing too but her self-obsession and visual taste and love of OTT partying, plus the materialistic and acquisitive nature were there, hidden for a while maybe, perhaps Mummy had managed to keep her under the parapet till she found her public voice and then the hidden loudness and her real character emerged! She just loves being in the limelight! She had always wanted to be a princess in a castle.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Why would she make the choice to crank it all up, as her followers grew? Mystery.
She's deliberately getting more Americanized for her fans.

Reactions: 13
I have to disagree. Not with your observations on SSB but on Annalise. To me she has an ordinary pretty face that will not age well at all - she needs to look after herself more. Putting on my tin hat now. Fire away...
kind - you are always kind - but SSB has a war chest

Analise she’s no munter but I’ve friends like her 2 kids in quick succession - that the hold onto their sence of humour is all their aiming for ....

He’s no oil painting 🖼 - but his humour again saves the day and I admire them both

SSB - has a credit card 💳
As such the creams she buys has done her favours as has the power of spending on Botox

but to out run analise - you’d have to be nice on the inside in addition to the power of the 💳

so analise is the usane bolt of that race
SSB never made it to the starting blocks

I’ll run 🦵 to the bomb shelter 😹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
To me the likes of Ava Gardner, Grace Kelly and Scarlet Johansson are/were beauties.
Certainly, beauties all. And all more on the zaftig end of the scale than our Ms Jarvis, though I also consider her ballerina-type to be beautiful. All I think she really needs is to tone it DOWN and cut the YELLOW. In both her hair and her wardrobe!

She's deliberately getting more Americanized for her fans.
Do you call it American? I think she's channeling a mix of Blithe Spirit and Hyacinth Bucket 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
And now people... let's speak of Dan's and Selmar's beauty, shape and age ! Hahaha ! ;)
Ok

I’m going to start

a go fund me called
Buy Me A Dental 🦷
Both could do with a full MOT

hair wise .... I think both suit them self’s
Would I give them a shag - No
Would I tolerate either of their somewhat barley disguised 🥸 patience whilst dealing with females
No

are they ok without a full make over
No

.... was I objective enough
(Still in bomb shelter ) 😎

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Annalise just turned 30. From when they bought the house to now she has definitely aged. I do hope the stress let’s up for her.
To be fair, not the most flattering recent photograph of Annelise!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Its got to be Selmar, he's so stylish and so useful. I need one in my house :p
Can I just say one thing .... re selmar

he belongs in the house of slithering

he bided his time .... kept in the long grasses and did JUST enough to slither by

yet of late - he’s established he isn’t for 365/24::7 use
He’s off doing him .... out
SSB has underestimated him with the bitchy shroud she’s assembled with natti & snort alot .... after the Spode debacle vlog where they clearly were taking the piss
of selmar - and Marie

he’s been very absent and distant of late

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Ok

I’m going to start

a go fund me called
Buy Me A Dental 🦷
Both could do with a full MOT

.... was I objective enough
(Still in bomb shelter ) 😎
YES!
I think Dan is charming in that photo with AL before they bought the house, but I can't help but wonder what the maw of such a young man with teeth already rotten smells of. Yikes.

Selmar looks like he swallowed a volleyball and his teeth are caked and yellow.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Certainly, beauties all. And all more on the zaftig end of the scale than our Ms Jarvis, though I also consider her ballerina-type to beautiful. All I think she really needs is to tone it DOWN and cut the YELLOW. In both her hair and her wardrobe!

Do you call it American? I think she's channeling a mix of Blithe Spirit and Hyacinth Bucket 😂
No, she's loud and brash.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
but I can't help but wonder what the maw of such a young man with teeth already rotten smells of. Yikes.

Selmar looks like he swallowed a volleyball and his teeth are caked and yellow.
Teeth are the first thing I notice about a person. It is strange why Dan's teeth are so bad, there's really no need for it in this day and age. I don't know whether the Dutch are like the Belgians, my ex-in-laws just had two rotten pegs at the front of their mouths and I couldn't understand why they didn't have dentures. I could never take my eyes off them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
No, she's loud and brash.
I think I'm distinguishing between the bones and the decoration, as one would in architecture. And acknowledging that loud and brash exist on both sides of the Atlantic, but I don't think one would mistake SJ for the American varietal. 😉

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.