The Chateau Diaries #24 The Church of Stephinology and the Order of the Spode

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree that DJ's 'art' is questionable in subject matter, and several are downright weird. That would be passable if they were pleasing to look at, but they're awful. My opinion of course, but the pop-art style of outline and colouring in is very childlike if not done well. And these enormous garish things scream out in just about every single room in lalaland and don't sit well at all. Very jarring. Or should I say very jarvasing.
Jarring is the word. In the Bridgerton dress-fitting vlog, the camera swung into the room and there was a DJ painting on the floor in the corner. I actually recoiled a little—there was nothing sexual in it!—which made me laugh out loud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
No, you're right. Most people clean up before a visit,especially if they are nosy and have a camera poking in every room. I was always on polish duty when my in laws visited.

My mother in law would often poke in our airing cupboard for some reason! Well I knew the reason, she had standards about how towels and linens should be folded! If she had a camera we would have been shamed us to the WI (womens institute)for all eternity. Pinned to the board whilst they could tut and display their jam underneath in homage to errant daughters who couldn't fold towels or linens in an approved way...😂

Sorry for going off on a rant 😂
It's the current owner's brother who is doing the guided tour. Were the owners there? Did the owner know Sj and her snorting film crew would be there?

Seriously who leaves toy cars on the floor with a toddler?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It's the current owner's brother who is doing the guided tour. Were the owners there? Did the owner know Sj and her snorting film crew would be there?

Seriously who leaves toy cars on the floor with a toddler?
It is a lived chateau, the kids living there play with lego and I am sure they were playing with the little one before the circus started, nothing wrong with that if the owners are not house proud. I much rather see a chateau lived and even shabby than all the pretentiousness SJ projects in every vlog. This family don’t scrounge for money like her, so the living conditions are not great, but again I prefer this genuinety to her fakeness.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just curious: do you or does someone else have a description or screen cap of these tiles? Where does she talk about them and was she ever serious about installing them in the kitchen?
I vaguely recall seeing a pic of the tiles drawn by her dad in an earlier thread on this website. I also think she mentioned it briefly on a video in springish 2020? Not sure with whatever happened with her plan to have them installed. But that is so like many other plans she makes—they just disappear.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not a brocante in sight over at Marc’s family Château....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I vaguely recall seeing a pic of the tiles drawn by her dad in an earlier thread on this website. I also think she mentioned it briefly on a video in springish 2020? Not sure with whatever happened with her plan to have them installed. But that is so like many other plans she makes—they just disappear.
It may have been a patreon video. She laid all the sketched squares out on dining table trying to recreate the whole scene. She struggled. She has been waiting for right artist to pick up the work. Apparently candian Steve (the one who designed logo #2, St Cecilia's face and mucked up filming CAC) has the gig when he arrives back in France - apparently purchasing own chateau. So for over 15 not even basic white tiles laid.

I recall an appeal being posted for people to go over to HMN and film/edit got them. This was an imminent appointment. Wonder if it ties in to hospital situation?

Reactions: 1
This from Amy: A few weeks ago Stephanie and Philip from The Chateau Diaries met us at Marc's childhood home, which is also a chateau.

'A few weeks' is very open; I think pre-Phillip leaving. So mid-February.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My dear brothers and sisters of the Spode congregation, in these glorious anxious days of triumph disease and distress, please allow me to voice my delirious joy state of shock now that our adored Lady has announced there will be no gift celebration at the chateau today. Oh, blessed damned will be this day on which our shittelaine heroine was forced to give in to us tattlers the tiny angry minority, these kind souls trolls that have been trying to help her see the light bugging poor little her for months by making her give up grifting, obviously for all the right wrong, reprehensible reasons, like common sense and morality. Isn’t it disgusting how these jealous, negative little monsters have been lashing out at her, causing her so much stress that she had to be admitted in hospital?
In my prayers today I will most surely ask for her strength and divine backstabbing strength to soon return, because all of our lost souls depend on her ability to heal from this unfortunate and mysterious turn of events, which seem to have dried up the eternal flow of generosity we got so addicted to. Can I worshipfully invite Father O’Mally to precede us in prayers and arrange for the grifting to continue, if necessary with either Pope Selmar or Mother IJ at the mighty grab-rudder? We are for sure in need of a divine intervention!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I get the feeling that Marc's sister (who owns and lives in this Château with her family and kids) didn't have the faintest idea that Stephanie and her cameraman would film every corner of her home and make a 47 minutes vlog of it for her YT channel.

Just look at Marc's face when not interviewed.

This Château is lived in by REAL people with a real life.

It's not because you're from an old aristocracy family (their case) that you have money. Plenty of aristocrats with no money in France and have to work like the rest of the commoners (unlike UK I believe ?). Marc is a agronomy engineer or something like that.

Their champagne business is just that : a business. And cash is not necessary in your pockets.
Plus, they don't try to show off, to prove the entire world that they are what they're not IRL (like someone we know).

I'm pretty sure that the sister is not really happy (maybe even mortified) to know that her family home has been filmed that way by total strangers.

What were Amy and Marc thinking in doing this ?
Did they want to know what the priestess was like in real life ?
Did they want a boost for their YT channel ?
IMO sister and brother relationship got a hiccup after that 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Not too sure about that. Why else would they want SJ to come over and allow her to work her 'magic'. Grifting's much like a virus, once you get into contact it grabs you by your balls...
I was speaking of Marc's sister and her family home/Chateau.
She's not involved in any YT channel or Patreons.
She's just like many French living in big old houses (Maison de maître) or château/manoirs etc.

Reactions: 8
Post 239 in thread 16
Use search function, it was postet by Milre

Cat Blanche?

So mystery solved. February in Venice. Amy said she visited in February. FRK said travel plans cancelled.

Feels like a time loop at HMN. Or a Time Warp.
tenor.gif

Post 239 in thread 16
Use search function, it was postet by Milre

Not really related, very apropos.

Screenshot_20210315-045730__01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I guess they wanted to save their chateau for their own vlog, wise move I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The reason given for SJs hospitalization is going to have something to do with stress due to trolls. She has Trolliosis. Funny thing is these people haven't seen real trolls. But it's a good sob story to keep the cash cows giving.
Yep, I think stress will be the reason given and laid firmly on tattle doorstep

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was speaking of Marc's sister and her family home/Chateau.
She's not involved in any YT channel or Patreons.
She's just like many French living in big old houses (Maison de maître) or château/manoirs etc.
She's involved with her brother and aparently gave him permission to show off their childhood shattoo. No clue why, but wouldn't rule out grifting, as I am a paranoid tattler by now.

Yep, I think stress will be the reason given and laid firmly on tattle doorstep
I bet there will be a pity-speech-vlog tomorrow, as she said she's going forward with the Tuesday one and has probably used up all material from before hospital. We better get ready to receive some superfan outrage!

Reactions: 8
Not a brocante in sight over at Marc’s family Château....
They had some beautiful pieces of furniture there, but it looked like a dumping ground for unused old family furniture. The rooms were packed 😂 The house looked like it had been unlived for a decade or more (since his parents died) and still used only as a summer house until recently. Otherwise at least the kitchen would have looked very different.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.