The Chateau Diaries #237 If you haven't been blocked, you're not trying hard enough!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cardboard isn't water-permeable the way landscape fabric is and I've always been taught it's best to use this cardboard method when preparing a new bed, giving it at least a season or two so that the elements break down the cardboard. You shouldn't plant directly through cardboard! As @Summerbaby said in the last thread, I don't use use landscape fabric, so I can get self sown seedlings! I have used the carboard method just once to prepare a new portion of a garden bed and it takes some time to break down - I started it in the Fall and planted the following Spring and I just don't believe it would have been the right choice for Michael, since he wanted to plant right then and there.

People are mixed about how close to plant plants. Even through my training, I know that there are space requirements, but I plant my plants closer together than recommended anyway, to no detriment that I can see! I may have to divide perennials more often than others who do follow the space recommendations, but it's not been too bad! The only time I follow space requirements, is when I'm planting shrubs, as they aren't easily moved!
When I was creating my perennial gardens many years ago, I triangulated, that is to say I planted 3 of a kind together with enough space for them to spread. The beds were beautiful but sadly, after I sold the property, the a-hole who bought it mowed the entire garden down and to this day it's a lawn again. Broke my heart.😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
There are a lot of fluid people maybe Floirian is bisexual or pan sexual. Can't just lump everyone into one or two categories... Or maybe he is truly hetro and chooses to be MP friend. Is it our business ????
I used to be so hesitant to post on here because stronger voices always seemed to drown some of us out but can we just let people's sexuality finally rest? I don't care who is sleeping with whom. I can't fathom why it is so important to some.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
As I’ve said to @HalcyonOrganic😆

View attachment 2144504

If Florian has a girlfriend, why is she never shown on Michael’s vlogs? Why doesn’t Florian talk about her? Why is she absent all time…like she doesn’t exist? All I’m going to say is…I‘ll believe it when I see it!
I’m curious as well- just because I find Florian interesting. It’s fine with me if he has a girlfriend. I just wonder- since there’s been no direct mention of what his relationship with Michael is. I originally thought he was a personal trainer was how he and Michael’s friendship had started. Obviously they sii I end a lot of time together- so they could be just friends having interests in common. Someone said can we not bring up their sexuality- but it is who they are- and they are putting themselves out for the world to see and on getting to know them- it is part of who they are. Not meant to be judging - just seeing what team they’re on. 💁🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Billy said a few months back that Micheals next job was the greenhouse, at that time he stated all teh glass had to come out and it to be sand bastered and painted again.

Oh I so sound like Caroline Gooder, but I am definately not Philip. Apparenty it is going to be painted the same colour as teh Cottage windows and doors. It sounded like Micheal was doing the work, prehaps thats how they work out his rent.
---
I am missing you HalcyonOrganic HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
I am missing you HalcyonOrganic HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I don’t know when she showed up, maybe she’s original to the chateau? Don’t know much about her, I’ve just seen her in old chateau party pics that tartlets post here. I always thought she was Gerry’s girlfriend. She’s next to him a lot, giving him that look of love. Gross. She seems nice though.
View attachment 2144232

What do you mean?
View attachment 2144263
View attachment 2144265
I’m not sure what the heck is going on in those pictures- with the masks? Rather disturbing.....
and first I’ve heard that girls name, Jen Smitt.
I've never seen her, but I do remember hearing about Florian's girlfriend one time in one vlog of Michael's. Back then, Florian wasn't much of an English speaker, so Michael did a lot of the talking, which made it all sort of suspect to me. Back then, I was never sure if Florian understood 3/4 of what Michael was saying! I think one of the last vlogs I ever watched of Michael's was when he was getting ready for some sort of holiday dinner, either Thanksgiving or Christmas, and Florian drove Michael to a supermarket late at night......and it was a supermarket that Florian's mother worked at - they even went and talked to her. If you remember when that vlog was (I don't!) it was around that time that Florian's girlfriend would have been mentioned.

P.S. I'm an old woman...I confess that I had quite the crush on young Florian back then!
Oh interesting! I did not see that vlog.
I’m with you on the Florian crush- he is adorable!!! ❤😍❤
And I’m glad he’s a friend to MP and learning English!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m curious as well- just because I find Florian interesting. It’s fine with me if he has a girlfriend. I just wonder- since there’s been no direct mention of what his relationship with Michael is. I originally thought he was a personal trainer was how he and Michael’s friendship had started. Obviously they sii I end a lot of time together- so they could be just friends having interests in common. Someone said can we not bring up their sexuality- but it is who they are- and they are putting themselves out for the world to see and on getting to know them- it is part of who they are. Not meant to be judging - just seeing what team they’re on. 💁🏼‍♀️
Yes, Florian lives close by and is a trainer. Since Michael and Florian live in a rural area, there might not be a lot of other people around their age to befriend. Michael’s said many times in his vlog comments that Florian is straight and has a girlfriend. I just find it odd that she’s never discussed in his videos, and that Florian never brings her around.

Reactions: 22
I used to be so hesitant to post on here because stronger voices always seemed to drown some of us out but can we just let people's sexuality finally rest? I don't care who is sleeping with whom. I can't fathom why it is so important to some.
I think sometimes when people crush on someone they’d like to know. Or maybe when they suspect they are but they’re behaving the opposite. Not everyone is owed other peoples truths, unless maybe they are pushing a narrative that seems false?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jen Smits was a confident of SJ - hasn’t appeared in the flogs for years - may have been a falling out. She’s been out of action for a few months because her father sadly passed away in SA. Timeline links
Clara?
---
I do agree with you / such a shame last year (or was it the year before got brain fog lol ) Brenda was trying her hardest to turn people against Michael and esp his mum Sherry who I believe she had a run in with !
---

I also saw he was hiding his hand in the little thank you video slot he did I thought it Strange then
I believe it was noted on the fluroes vlog that his hand is healing but not pretty to look at. He’s hiding it as I’m sure it’s still red and not pretty, something he might be embarrassed about and does not anyone to see it yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I noticed on Grabeaux, Stephanie remarks to Philip that they are having a party at the HMN very soon.
A costume party no less, and Maria is busily making plans.
The guest list will be most interesting.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
on Chateau Love they ahving visisters to the Chateau some we know, then Stephaine sends her a ift with hugs. Viviane also stated that they may go to Versilles.

So party at lalalande trip to Chateau love onto Versaille, any other senarios

• Haha
  • Heart
Strange how Benoit is hiding his hand now. Maybe he's embarrassed that he had an accident? Seems a tiny bit suspect to me. I can't imagine he was as hurt as everyone made it out to be. I guess we will know when he finally shows his hand. His gofundme is now at $82,486.
View attachment 2143637
I would have thought that after having a handfull of stitches, that shoving the hand into a tight jeans pocket would do it any favours.

Thank you @ComtesseRose for the new thread, love the title.
---
Imagine packing for Christmas back in 2016 you would need 10 different fancy dress outfits for each separately themed night how flicking tiresome.
Didn't she say that Maria is organising the themed party soon. They'll be getting the dressing up bow out again, weeeee! Really quite childish.

• Heart
  • Haha
I noticed on Grabeaux, Stephanie remarks to Philip that they are having a party at the HMN very soon.
Oooohhh- A party!!!! What shall we all wear??? Will it be the weekend of May 13/14 - before Fanny heads of to London for the Chelsea Flower Show? (There's no F1 that weekend).
Will it be:
  • A belated Coronation Party? Coronation
  • A Welcoming Party for Mummy?:devilish:
  • A Welcoming Party for FRK?🥀
  • A Party because the GS Plans have been approved and work can begin? ⚒
  • A Party because the Pond has been approved and Fanny can begin to fill with water?🚣‍♀️
  • A Party because Snorty is (finally) leaving? 🎆🎇
  • An Engagement Party?
    • Natti & Amuary🥂🍾
    • Fanny & Snorty :sick: :sick:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
T
There are a lot of fluid people maybe Floirian is bisexual or pan sexual. Can't just lump everyone into one or two categories... Or maybe he is truly hetro and chooses to be MP friend. Is it our business ????
Is it our business you say! This is tattle fgs! It’s a gossip forum, not an apologist website. We’ll say what we like about public figures who put themselves into the social media arena and profit from same. It’s their business, it’s our business. 😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Oooohhh- A party!!!! What shall we all wear??? Will it be the weekend of May 13/14 - before Fanny heads of to London for the Chelsea Flower Show? (There's no F1 that weekend).
Will it be:
  • A belated Coronation Party? Coronation
  • A Welcoming Party for Mummy?:devilish:
  • A Welcoming Party for FRK?🥀
  • A Party because the GS Plans have been approved and work can begin? ⚒
  • A Party because the Pond has been approved and Fanny can begin to fill with water?🚣‍♀️
  • A Party because Snorty is (finally) leaving? 🎆🎇
  • An Engagement Party?
    • Natti & Amuary🥂🍾
    • Fanny & Snorty :sick: :sick:
A look over here but don't look over there party.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
First, I need to learn how to do a "spoiler" like you!! I've seen you do it before and I like it!
I hear you! I went back and looked and it did seem that his stuff was planted even closer than I plant! Yes....I, unfortunately, do know about planting too close! I have a very old hydrangea that a dear friend gave me when I moved into my house - it was a start from one in her garden, no bigger than a twig when she gave it to me. I had no concept of space and planted it right up against the house! I keep saying I'm going to dig it up and move it, but I'm so afraid of losing it (because it was given to me by this friend who passed away probably 15 years ago), I just do nothing. And it's not even my favorite hydrangea, either - it's an old mophead type, so if we get a late frost, everything dies back and I get no bloom from it (and I feel like we get a late frost almost every year!). Maybe this year I'll do it!
Take a cutting or a few and dip into hormone powder and plant in potting mix and have some more plants. Or do what I do and go to a nursery and buy heaps of plants with nowhere to put them!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I have learned alot from Laura on Garden Answers you tube- She knows her plants and appropriately spaces them, something I never thought of. It looks like MP just wants a beautiful instant garden. I am sure not too soon he will be dividing and moving plants. Sometimes you just have to go for it. I battle weeds on a hill ( aweful to try to weed it) and may plant a bunch of stuff closer together this year and or try some natural cedar bark mulch, it's tough on the back on a hill and too cheap to pay someone to do it. I give MP credit for doing something nice.
On a hill...or steep bank plant climbers like clematis , honeysuckle and also hydrangea Petiolaris and the evergreen climbing one. Too early and I cannot remember the name! And bulbs that dont topple like muscari latifolium and chionodoxa blue pink and white. I should.say not all together. Lots of other things easy.to cover and not too much maintenance too.
Ma Petherick is not a gardener she likes doing it ourselves pots . Her other gardening that we have seen is enthusiastic but amateur. Michael knows how he wants his piano patch to look and from the comments is keen to learn but the ground was not properly prepared for such a cacophony of plants. Most of them are unsuitable.
The ground should of course been dug through thoroughly.It is a very small area. He tells us mint is growing there I can tell him any gap in the ground cover membrane and it will force its way back...the chap helping is also not a gardener imo!
The lovely leaf mould from the forest will do nothing sitting on top of the membrane. I am pleased Michael is excited and hope he gets some pleasure from the plants. There, I will get out of bed the other side now!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
What is it with these people and costume parties. All very infantile. I mean once a year is enough but ALL THE TIME. Weird!
---
on Chateau Love they ahving visisters to the Chateau some we know, then Stephaine sends her a ift with hugs. Viviane also stated that they may go to Versilles.

So party at lalalande trip to Chateau love onto Versaille, any other senarios
Did f4f send a gift. I cant quite believe that.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Fugly.
Yes, Florian lives close by and is a trainer. Since Michael and Florian live in a rural area, there might not be a lot of other people around their age to befriend. Michael’s said many times in his vlog comments that Florian is straight and has a girlfriend. I just find it odd that she’s never discussed in his videos, and that Florian never brings her around.
Let us remember, the Gay Twank has a “girlfriend “, too! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.