The Chateau Diaries #237 If you haven't been blocked, you're not trying hard enough!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friendly reminder: we see what Stephanie wants us to see!

The fact is, we have no idea what's going on with Stephanie these days. At least to me, her vlogs appear to be one "day in the life" spread out over a few weeks of vlogs, whether Patreon or the usual You Tube vlogs. She could be partying up a storm somewhere, and no doubt, she probably is.

That said, people get older, people start families, priorities change, people just move on. It's just the natural path of life.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Great title! Must try harder.

I think it's game, set and match to Michael T.bag, in the garden wars. A lot of people can relate to a small garden bed, that is achievable. Meanwhile back at the shitoo, the mud patch still remains, a mud patch.

It's good to see T.bag now thriving without Fanny dragging him down. (Fingers crossed he can keep vlogging, he does make them more interesting). She must be livid. She swapped one genial, likeable, Manboy, for a complete and utter waste of time and space who has no manners, in fact, nothing likeable about him.
I did enjoy the video of Michael P’s Beatrix Potter garden. However, as an avid gardener I was truly shocked at the combined lack of botanical knowledge.
Neither he nor ‘mum’ knew an alstroemeria, a dianthus/common wee Sweet William. I was also appalled at them putting down inorganic weed mat rather than soaking some cardboard. I shuddered audibly that they put everything so close together !
That said, I remember my first attempt at gardening many moons ago and suffice to say that I have learnt a lot since I’ve planted that huge drift of annuals in a five metre bed with no accounting for sizes and colours. 🧐😂
You have to give it to him though, he can do a good edit and his artful eye beats the crap out of anything Snort the beanie wearing dork can come up with any old day.

• Heart
  • Wow
By weird coincidence I’m in the middle of doing a W’rose online order. Took a detour and steered my virtual trolley down the wine aisle..always delighted to see the 25% discount if buying 6 bottles!

View attachment 2143758

It's your lucky day @Summerbaby 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾
If I was in the UK I'd be whacking a few of those in my virtual trolley for sure. And possibly a nice French 'blush', but I have a hankering for a fizzy red now 🍷🍷🍷 Enjoy all and let me know what you think please😉

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just loved Michael's garden vlog. Maybe he's no expert on gardening but he's keenly interested and planned out the colours with his mum. Michael's had demons as many people have but I can't help liking him considerably more than F and S. He's had half the education that Fanny had but shows a much keener and more genuine interest in everything than she does. His vlog was beautifully filmed and he seems to show a lot more taste in his filming and choice of music. There's no one loudly showing off and prancing about hysterically for the camera and there seems to be a real feeling of love between family members, especially between his lovely father and the grandchild. Ernest is a lovely, natural little boy. It's a great shame that Fanny and M did not maintain their friendship. He had a lot more to offer than Snorty and could have been a great asset to her vlogs. To deter the stupid fans wanting them to be an item, they could have been open and honest about the relationship. Fanny could maybe have introduced him to more suitable partners to avoid the disastrous Madrid episodes. I hope maybe he and Florian are together if Florian is gay. At least, they can make vlogs together.

Despite my initial feelings about the Petherick family, they do not appear to be dysfunctional as the Jarvis lot do and they haven't got loads of deranged hangers on all being filmed for the views. Michael is a
much better and more skilled content creator and presenter than Fanny, Snorty, and all other CdLL YouTube characters put together.
But, mom Patherick deleted me from a group thread on FB many moons ago… lol! I asked the question of why they kept insinuating there was a relationship between princess and Michael. She was one of the moderators and was defending all that hype and encouragement from the followers for them to be together. Later I felt like she came and picked him up from the shitoo and there was a coldness there you could slice with a butter knife. Momma finally saw the light! This is before Michael’s YouTube announced. Silly me. I agree with you that he was and is much more talented than Fanny user pants who needed him to build her channel. He doesn’t need her. Never did.

Reactions: 24
I did enjoy the video of Michael P’s Beatrix Potter garden. However, as an avid gardener I was truly shocked at the combined lack of botanical knowledge.
Neither he nor ‘mum’ knew an alstroemeria, a dianthus/common wee Sweet William. I was also appalled at them putting down inorganic weed mat rather than soaking some cardboard. I shuddered audibly that they put everything so close together !
That said, I remember my first attempt at gardening many moons ago and suffice to say that I have learnt a lot since I’ve planted that huge drift of annuals in a five metre bed with no accounting for sizes and colours. 🧐😂
You have to give it to him though, he can do a good edit and his artful eye beats the crap out of anything Snort the beanie wearing dork can come up with any old day.
Live and learn. I’ve definitely done my share of adjustments on my garden. He does understand colors and making an artful palette. An improvement over the herb garden that wasn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She is no aristocrat
(it also takes class to throw a lst ball)
I did say beginning to. I was thinking more along the lines of Fleace reading as somewhat classist and unpleasant. Also so abandoned by her social set that only the uninvited merchant class showed for the party.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I did say beginning to. I was thinking more along the lines of Fleace reading as somewhat classist and unpleasant. Also so abandoned by her social set that only the uninvited merchant class showed for the party.
Yes, I totally get it don't worry
I ve got my angry day today don't mind me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Cardboard isn't water-permeable the way landscape fabric is and I've always been taught it's best to use this cardboard method when preparing a new bed, giving it at least a season or two so that the elements break down the cardboard. You shouldn't plant directly through cardboard! As @Summerbaby said in the last thread, I don't use use landscape fabric, so I can get self sown seedlings! I have used the carboard method just once to prepare a new portion of a garden bed and it takes some time to break down - I started it in the Fall and planted the following Spring and I just don't believe it would have been the right choice for Michael, since he wanted to plant right then and there.

People are mixed about how close to plant plants. Even through my training, I know that there are space requirements, but I plant my plants closer together than recommended anyway, to no detriment that I can see! I may have to divide perennials more often than others who do follow the space recommendations, but it's not been too bad! The only time I follow space requirements, is when I'm planting shrubs, as they aren't easily moved!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I have learned alot from Laura on Garden Answers you tube- She knows her plants and appropriately spaces them, something I never thought of. It looks like MP just wants a beautiful instant garden. I am sure not too soon he will be dividing and moving plants. Sometimes you just have to go for it. I battle weeds on a hill ( aweful to try to weed it) and may plant a bunch of stuff closer together this year and or try some natural cedar bark mulch, it's tough on the back on a hill and too cheap to pay someone to do it. I give MP credit for doing something nice.

• Heart
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Imagine packing for Christmas back in 2016 you would need 10 different fancy dress outfits for each separately themed night how flicking tiresome.
No need to over pack, just pull another “gently worn” dress or pair of granny panties out of the Lalande communal hamper. It’s all good.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I won’t be popular with what I’m about to say but I still don’t like or watch MP. 🫣 I can not forget how he treated his patreons, used his money and had a go fund me for the cottage.Yes he’s a good film maker and good presence in front of the camera but it is not enough for me! Sorry!

• Heart
  • Wow
No need to over pack, just pull another “gently worn” dress or pair of granny panties out of the Lalande communal hamper. It’s all good.
But Fanny always gets the best outfit and never goes for the humour angle does she

• Heart
  • Sick
Cardboard isn't water-permeable the way landscape fabric is and I've always been taught it's best to use this cardboard method when preparing a new bed, giving it at least a season or two so that the elements break down the cardboard. You shouldn't plant directly through cardboard! As @Summerbaby said in the last thread, I don't use use landscape fabric, so I can get self sown seedlings! I have used the carboard method just once to prepare a new portion of a garden bed and it takes some time to break down - I started it in the Fall and planted the following Spring and I just don't believe it would have been the right choice for Michael, since he wanted to plant right then and there.

People are mixed about how close to plant plants. Even through my training, I know that there are space requirements, but I plant my plants closer together than recommended anyway, to no detriment that I can see! I may have to divide perennials more often than others who do follow the space recommendations, but it's not been too bad! The only time I follow space requirements, is when I'm planting shrubs, as they aren't easily moved!
I’m a ‘no bare earth visible’ kinda gal too. However, there is close and then there’s what MP did. Can you remember how keen you were when you started? Trees were a huge learning curve for me. Far too close together in the early days ! I know that after a couple of years it’s all about the trimming (esp. here in Zone 10b north NZ). That ceanothus will grow like a bleeding triffid. MP has a wonderful eye for colour for sure. I’ve been forced to order the Beatrix book too 😎. I love me a pretty gardening book. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I won’t be popular with what I’m about to say but I still don’t like or watch MP. 🫣 I can not forget how he treated his patreons, used his money and had a go fund me for the cottage.Yes he’s a good film maker and good presence in front of the camera but it is not enough for me! Sorry!
Totally agree re his behaviour, I keep forgetting his grifting and wasteful ways. I think the CDs are so boring these days I'm giving Teabag too much slack.
A grifter is a grifter, I should remember that. However, if he regains more views, patreons & popularity than F4Fs boring efforts, it would give me great pleasure, horrible old menopausal hag that I am :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m with you there in theory. He’s a shameless hustler, but I relented on the garden bed. He’s really just a grifting, pretentious label toting tartlet. That said, he has a talent for artful editing. If he sticks to the outside, I’ll be happier, because there’s bugger all that he can do of any interest in the interior. That tiny cottage is very limited and his mental health battles are also of zero interest to me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.