The Chateau Diaries #237 If you haven't been blocked, you're not trying hard enough!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never heard of it before now but absolutely horrendous to hear those facts. Have householders near the coast now reverted back to manual operated shutters etc specifically because of what happened? I sincerely hope so.
They were mostly new builds and all have been demolished. People were rehoused and the Mayor taken to court for allowing the houses to be built in the first place. The land down there is as flat as a pancake as it was reclaimed back in Medieval times. The seawall that was destroyed was built in the time of Napoleon.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Why would Spencer1508 direct you on youtube to go watch the video on their website?
They probably run adds on their website and the pay out from adds on their website is bigger.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Tattlers favourite Johnny the Bonny right behind the King down the Abbey Aisle

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh good grief. Is she up the duff? Was it an immaculate conception! I'm sorry I have to say this - she is so desperately pathetic.
---

I think you're getting me confused with @Beachgirl no offence Beachgirl. I regularly shock my innocent son with my "knowledge" and "life stories". Why do kids think you never had a life before them! I seem to have become the cool mum with his uni mates. Totally unintentional. I think bleeping about in IKEA with them and getting thrown out was the icebreaker. Their parents are still uptight and discovering life. Benefits of being a geriatric parent, we've lived several lives!
Do tell how you managed to get thrown out of IKEA. That is what I call an accomplishment!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I’m not sure which US channel Julie Montagu is doing Coronation coverage for but I’d literally switch channels rather than suffer her liberal use of “literally” and “super-[everything]”. She’s a super-irritant.
I’ve noticed that embarrassment to America has jumped on the open mouthed, arms wide thumbnail bandwagon!🤦🏻‍♂️🤢🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Uh oh…we’re getting close to a new thread title. Is @ComtesseRose around? I know there were some funny ones nominated, but I can’t remember them now. And I don’t know how to do it, either.

I’ve been waiting for Johnny the Bonny! Ooh! Thanks, @Pyke ! ❤

Edit: it was the one from @Jules100: something like, “I asked myself, what would Stephanie do, so I did nothing.” (paraphrasing here)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Anybody else laying in bed wearing a tiara watching the coronation? Just me? I’m definitely not sleeping tonight. 👑

Which channel has the best coverage in the US? I’ve got it on BBC now. Let me know if anyone finds good station.
Alistair Bruce SKY is great, knowledgeable HOWEVER switch over when Kay Burley speaks

Reactions: 10
@T Rex. Sounds to me like you are a one woman survivalist on a mission in taking care of your entire local community. Fabulous achievement and my hat goes off to you in being so prepared as personally, and thankfully, hurricanes are not something the UK generally has to deal with.
Although, back in Oct 1987 when my son was 1 month old, we had the BIG STORM in the UK! I got up to feed him around 12 midnight and immediately went back to sleep, as only a sleep deprived mother does. Then when I got up again to make his next feed at 5am - I noticed that we had had a power-cut, looked out of our patio doors and could not believe the devastation caused by the storm that I had slept through
That was the worst weather conditions I have experienced and pales into utter insignificance to what you have ever had to deal/cope with. ❤
Ah yes, the great storm of '87. We had just moved a month or 2 before so we're still getting the house in order. We both slept solidly through it. Our neighbours had a huge tree come down that went straight through their roof. Our bedroom was on that side of the house, heard not a thing. Electricity was out but that wasn't unusual. Got ready to go to work the next morning and found a number of roof tiles had gone through the windscreen of my car so phoned in an absence. Himself went off to work and was back in less than 5 minutes. All access out of the village was cut. We then found we had no water, no electricity and no telephone. The army were despatched to clear all access roads, took several days. A standpipe was set up at the end of the road. Took 2 weeks for everything to get back to some normality. And the area looked like a battleground for months. All that on the leafy Surrey/Hampshire borders.
---
You've got Poitiers to the North, Limoooooges to the South. Go over to the coast and you have La Rochelle and Royan. Travel a bit further South West and there's Saintes. All very nice places.
I don't know the west side of France at all. I don't know why it worked out that way. I have travelled the rest of France extensively. I know parts of northen Spain well and I have travelled Italy extensively but the west of France has eluded me! Must do better!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Ah yes, the great storm of '87. We had just moved a month or 2 before so we're still getting the house in order. We both slept solidly through it. Our neighbours had a huge tree come down that went straight through their roof. Our bedroom was on that side of the house, heard not a thing. Electricity was out but that wasn't unusual. Got ready to go to work the next morning and found a number of roof tiles had gone through the windscreen of my car so phoned in an absence. Himself went off to work and was back in less than 5 minutes. All access out of the village was cut. We then found we had no water, no electricity and no telephone. The army were despatched to clear all access roads, took several days. A standpipe was set up at the end of the road. Took 2 weeks for everything to get back to some normality. And the area looked like a battleground for months. All that on the leafy Surrey/Hampshire borders.
---

I don't know the west side of France at all. I don't know why it worked out that way. I have travelled the rest of France extensively. I know parts of northen Spain well and I have travelled Italy extensively but the west of France has eluded me! Must do better!
I could meet my twinnie then. We've got some cracking beaches.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ok i went to their website. Even signed up for the newsletter. I met the Earl on a visit ot Althorp once. Dan is also talking if launching a website soon. Please can one of you Tartlets in the know explain the benefits of the website over youtube and patreon. I hardly visit websites.

If anyone wants to watch this little historical clip on thr long gone train starion at Althorp.

I take it back they don't run add's.

They probably want people to sign up for the newsletter which informs on upcoming events maybe? Or they might start a shop.

I'm out of options, maybe Karma knows? Because to me they loose money

Reactions: 12
I am certain that PJ can lay his hands on enough brillo pads and boot polish in France to do the job without you going to the expense of sending Yum Yum's fur from Oz. Please save yourself the time, energy and expense, ultimately because it certainly won't be appreciated just like anything else that is send via the GAG. ❤
Brillo pads aren't available in France (or I've never found them). The equivalent product is called Jex. And it's not called a pad... it's a tampon. As is a rubber stamp. And a tampon is also a tampon... sheesh! Which brings us back to the use of the word preservative in France. Never use the word preservative when talking about food in France. The correct word is conservateur. In French a preservative, or preservatif is a condom. And they just think you're downright weird talking about condoms in your food 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.