The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stephanie’s statue had the lips deliberately oversized and painted bright red, and the face where only the eyes were visible. I’m obviously not an expert in this field, but I wouldn’t find a statue of the Bahamian police force offensive. I would find it offensive if it was created to exaggerate facial features of black people, like the one that Stephanie has.

Reactions: 13
Suggestion - Stephanie Jarvis' one and only true love is herself.

Reactions: 18
Now that would indeed be offensive no matter the reason for it’s existence. Many years ago I knew an antique dealer who collected black Americana. While I’m old enough to have remembered seeing plenty of these items in original use, mostly advertising, it never ceased to astound me that someone would collect it and not see it as unacceptable.

When you are very, very, very good at your job being a bit of a diva is allowed.
When you suck at your job there is no room for divatude

Reactions: 23
Oh dear KiKi, I responded to Ms. Kinsey’s comment and Fanny’s sycophants didn’t like me referring to her as Dear Leader. Now the comments are gone or I’ve been blocked…or both. I think I’ll go off to the corner and cry…do we get a badge or something for being blocked?!? Maybe something inspired by Blue Peter?

Reactions: 28
Oh my gosh, @MRShavershamsdress … I think we might be talking about two completely different statues. I just did a Google search of these statues for Bahamian guards, and you are correct. There are a lot of them that look exactly the same but do not have the black face exaggeration on it like the one that Stephanie owns. They just look like Bahamian guards. No big deal and nothing offensive. (2nd picture)

I think what I spotted was actually a very old bottle of Nassau Royals Liqueur. It makes sense now that it was sitting with a bunch of other bottles of alcohol (duh). I still think the one she has is offensive, and I am assuming it’s very old. (I agree, I don’t know why people keep this old stuff and think it’s ok just because it’s old). This is the image I found of some recent bottles of this liqueur. (1st picture)

pic of Steph’s included just for comparison but I think it is actually a bottle of liqueur. And it was probably her parents’ bottle since I can’t find picture of it anywhere and seems to be from the 50’s from any comparable pics I found.

Attachments

Reactions: 11
That is exactly what we are seeing sitting there, a very old figural bottle of Nassau Royal rum. Just a cursory search on the web shows that bottle, another in white face and a black female figural bottle that is equally offensive. Fanny definitely wouldn’t be able to understand what is wrong with it. Betcha it was daddy dearests.

Reactions: 16
I'm beginning to think I could spot a Fanny Fan a mile off... they have a certain look about them don't they?

Reactions: 20
What's happened to the gay couple who ate a lot with the dogs - they are MIA?

Reactions: 15
Wine is grape and I don't think any has wheat. rye or barley. I now await correction. Maybe there is a barley wine - fermented barley?
'All wine, spirits and liqueurs are gluten free because of the way they're made and, according to Coeliac UK, can be included in a gluten free diet1. With spirits, the distillation process removes any trace of gluten, even if it includes an ingredient like barley.'

Reactions: 18
So he dresses up to open freebies but not for paying guests?

Reactions: 24
Wine is grape and I don't think any has wheat. rye or barley. I now await correction. Maybe there is a barley wine - fermented barley?
I was surprised to see a gluten free section in my wine merchants. This is what the interweebs have to say.

Reactions: 10
michael posted a vlog today about his new cottage garden, i have to say its about 100 times better than that mud pit behind the chapel

Reactions: 28
As read in the comments "most of these are hideous"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.