The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
and they could have cleaned the long ignored menstrual stain on the couch !
I always imagine a guest sitting there and grabbing the throw covering it, then freaking out at seeing that massive stain.
You just wouldn't imagine it was there.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Oh how funny..... Michael has created a Jardin Englaise and it already looks 100 times better than Fanny's bare swamp.... It's a bit crowded but its going to be beautiful.....
He's not throwing shade at all 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I’ve been going back to the beginning of the threads to see what I missed before I started reading here. (I also am having some insomnia again - more about that later). Do you think Stephanie still has this Blackamoor statue? Here it was on full display in October 2020. The picture is from the photographer’s website. I mean, George Floyd was murdered in May 2020, and the protests were world wide that summer. And yet, she still thought this was acceptable to display, let alone let use as a vignette for this photographer's art show? I guess this photographer is as stupid as Stephanie if she didn’t spot this and decided to include it on her own website. (Apologies is this was already discussed…I’m starting at the beginning and slowly working my way through old Tattle threads).

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
The "kids and Dad" at de bruges had Anders there for a week or so with Chandeliers ... What a great video on the three they hung in the spiral staircase. and They loved Anders and his expertise . I never got any of that from the "supposed free gifted ones" that he gave to Fanny.... and were they ever put up? Are those the ones for IJ apartment???? The Kids bought these and helped to clean all the glass and have them hung in their Chateau. I want to go stay there sometime, seems like a beautiful place, and they have a dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh how funny..... Michael has created a Jardin Englaise and it already looks 100 times better than Fanny's bare swamp.... It's a bit crowded but its going to be beautiful.....
Kudos to Michael, he used proper soil for planting. He is always very polite to thank his parents for their help. The quality video, editing, choice of music is always top notch. Loved how it featured his nephew helping, too. They did the cottage garden with local nursery stock not imported items or landscape architect from Belgium.Amazing, good job!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I absoltely loved the mini garden with all these different flowering plants. I think it was a huge dig! He also bought them 'older' so his garden will come to life earlier than SJ's!

Bad for SJ... tick tock?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve been going back to the beginning of the threads to see what I missed before I started

Likewise. I've just completed thread one so a long way to go. Also watching all the blogs from the beginning. I'm up to the one where she went into hospital. I'm thinking she may have had some surgery. It hasn't yet kicked off with Selmar and Nattie. Tati has not yet arrived

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Personally I prefer Mousseaux (sparkling wine) over Champers any day. Here in the Vendee the Domaine Mercier in Vix www.mercier-vins.com, fizz is very very nice. Biased I know.
---

She's probably sending it to a friend, 'I paid 50 euros for this, they're haveing a laugh'. Well that's what I'd be doing. ha ha cod piece.
I’ve saved that website as my ex husband is going to La Rochelle this summer and as I’m dog sitting for him I think he could bring me back a couple of bottles. 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 19

a bathroom renovation Fanny- considered and worked through not Bodge it and scarper
Bathroom was very nice and I'm so happy they mentioned they would need to do the window sil. Up until then I was dying a little every second! 11 months was a bit long for a bathroom but I still give them a pass, they did do other things and they have 2 small childeren, a garden plus a range of animals to take care of.
Well done Amanda & Linc

Also this tumbnail has the potential to go viral.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Likewise. I've just completed thread one so a long way to go. Also watching all the blogs from the beginning. I'm up to the one where she went into hospital. I'm thinking she may have had some surgery. It hasn't yet kicked off with Selmar and Nattie. Tati has not yet arrived
I was thinking more likely a sexually transmitted disease

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
These stupid Lalande guests/worshipers (plus she mentioned one couple had been several times!) would eat pig swill. They're beyond help. Why serve pretentious miniscule dinners? Why not something simple like we had Saturday evening, a charcuterie board to share between 4, echine de porc confite, in a thyme jus with creamy herb potatoes, followed by a not too sickly brownie and caramel beurre salé ice cream.
This is simple in your world? Wow! No "hamburger-aire" for you then!

What is echine de porc confite? :unsure: I did look it up... candied pork back?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Nobody asked but I don't think we will ever see her there again. She had them running like headless chickens, her ideas were terrible (who would pose in their nightgown in a picture designed to draw the attention to the furniture), they had to put up with Philip all day, and they didn't even finish the job. The idea when undertaking a commission like this is to minimise the work involved for the sponsors, not agrievate them and cause them more work than is reasonable.
Yes it was all a bit strange how they never finished it and then it was never mentioned again afterwards........................ I could have sworn at the time that there was mention of coming back to do another one (ye gawds!)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.