The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Although I know I would not be a good hostess running a bnb I would want to provide safe, clean and attractive rooms.
if Fanny had not bought those ridiculous tissues box covers they could have had some clean good looking kettles. Yes even co ordinating with the decor, although would be a challenge given the cacophony of colour. What about these kettles?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This bathroom looks as if someone had bought up the remnants in a DIY store !
3 squaremeters of tiles with "marble" pattern 40% reduced, yess !
Bathtub for a corner, single piece left, yess !
Toilet from another line, yess !
+Emmaus washing commode
+some left over curtains
+wallpaper, wallpaper in a bathroom :eek: behind the bathtub :sick:
+Emmaus dressing table horror with a curtain made from an old skirt of aunt Chantal
+floor tiling from the, eum, we did have the same when we bought our house, chez nous it was very very old, I think fifties perhaps.

Christies tastemaker - my arse !

The Venus statue is waiting for an accident.
I chucked out a kidney shaped dressing table with a triple mirror, bevelled glass top but no skirt, some years back. It came from my grandmother's house. I do believe we took it to the local emmäus 🤔. Now that would be funny...😆

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It is and didn't good ole Kev put a base board around it. Where is Kev, haven't seen him for ages.
---

A meeting with his Trichologist ?
---

Every time we've taken friends to Veuve Amiot, done the degustation, got pissed (or should I be a lady and say slightly tipsy) and left with several cases. The last time we went, which admittedly was a fair few years back our combined order came out on a bloody trolley. They do a wonderful sparkling red. Unless it's changed (like the visit for Cointreau did) if you're ever in Saumur the tour of the wine caves which run under the city is well worth it.
I really enjoyed your recommendations last summer and the countdown to this year's trip (in via Bilbao and out from Cherbourg) has started.
Our stock of wine has never been as low. Irish law limits us to bringing in alcohol rather than having it shipped so we ensure to bring in our allowance 90 litres (120 bottles) each (60L can be sparkling). We haven't a specific route planned but might return to a winery we found near Saint Foy La Grande called Chateau La Raz. (Their No 1 is our fav). All route, restaurant and sights to see suggestions welcome apart from a stop at Lalande.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Cheap skate Annie here. I can't tell the difference between good champagne and cheap fizz. It's one of the problems of having grown up in Somerset cider country, my palate has been ruined by scrumpy cider, brewed on the farm.
My preferred choice, Fanny are you reading, is Lidl 's cheap'n'cheerful sparkling. It's getting expensive at €1.99 a bottle... mix it with creme de cassis (Fanny, use blackcurrant syrup, no one will notice 😉 , they're all plebs..)

More helpful tips and advice to follow on how to fleece your loyal subjects out of their euros.
I do like a nice glass of champagne but at today's prices it's special occasions only. My favourite is Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Millesime. Not produced every year and sometimes several years between millesimes. Himself is a Dom man. But I digress... I like a nice cold glass of fizzy wine some evenings and get a blanc de blanc sec from our local Aldi (their demi is not bad either for an apero or dessert wine) at €2,75 a bottle. It's good on it's own or mixed. I'm also partial to a good Prosecco. Unfortunately it's popularity in the UK and with Brits is pushing the price up everywhere. On our cross border "raids" I also like to pick up a couple of cases of the local Cava, which is still affordable.
---
Personally I prefer Mousseaux (sparkling wine) over Champers any day. Here in the Vendee the Domaine Mercier in Vix www.mercier-vins.com, fizz is very very nice. Biased I know.
---

She's probably sending it to a friend, 'I paid 50 euros for this, they're haveing a laugh'. Well that's what I'd be doing. ha ha cod piece.
Here in the Aude we have blanquette de Limoux. Can't stand the stuff. Disgusting, would rather drink tap water. Trop pretentious! The Brits however love it and have, predictably, pushed the price up. According to it's history, it was developed by Dom Perignon (yes he of the champagne fame) by the original method champagne (which of course was called the method blanquette then). Dear old Dom was banished to the Champagne Ardennes after having been found to be fiddling with the nuns (at least it wasn't the altar boys. Sorry bad taste) and getting at least one up the duff. So Dom, with his secret recipe went and developed Champagne and the rest is history, as they say. No doubt the good people of Limoux were mighty pissed off when his fizzy wine became such a success and they are still trying to hang onto his coat tails.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait! Is that bathtub up on blocks?!? Like a broken down Ford Fiesta in a trailer park yard?!? I knew Staph was déclassé but that takes the cake!(biscuit for you overseas tattlers)
It's original to the chateau, the current marquis grandpa died in it 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Although I know I would not be a good hostess running a bnb I would want to provide safe, clean and attractive rooms.
if Fanny had not bought those ridiculous tissues box covers they could have had some clean good looking kettles. Yes even co ordinating with the decor, although would be a challenge given the cacophony of colour. What about these kettles?
I so agree. I could not believe the horrible, cheap kettles. They looked like they were bought from Emmaus and people had been boiling their underwear in them. Come to think of it....
---
I do like a nice glass of champagne but at today's prices it's special occasions only. My favourite is Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Millesime. Not produced every year and sometimes several years between millesimes. Himself is a Dom man. But I digress... I like a nice cold glass of fizzy wine some evenings and get a blanc de blanc sec from our local Aldi (their demi is not bad either for an apero or dessert wine) at €2,75 a bottle. It's good on it's own or mixed. I'm also partial to a good Prosecco. Unfortunately it's popularity in the UK and with Brits is pushing the price up everywhere. On our cross border "raids" I also like to pick up a couple of cases of the local Cava, which is still affordable.
---

Here in the Aude we have blanquette de Limoux. Can't stand the stuff. Disgusting, would rather drink tap water. Trop pretentious! The Brits however love it and have, predictably, pushed the price up. According to it's history, it was developed by Dom Perignon (yes he of the champagne fame) by the original method champagne (which of course was called the method blanquette then). Dear old Dom was banished to the Champagne Ardennes after having been found to be fiddling with the nuns (at least it wasn't the altar boys. Sorry bad taste) and getting at least one up the duff. So Dom, with his secret recipe went and developed Champagne and the rest is history, as they say. No doubt the good people of Limoux were mighty pissed off when his fizzy wine became such a success and they are still trying to hang onto his coat tails.
Nobody asked but Verve Cliiquot is my favourite champagne and Cremant de Loire is my favourite French sparkling. Cava is my everyday tipple and I hate Prosecco - it always tastes metallic.
---
I don't think her patreon has been this low in a long time. Could this be the beginning of the end.
Let's all drink to that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Christies tastemaker - my arse !
Nobody asked but I don't think we will ever see her there again. She had them running like headless chickens, her ideas were terrible (who would pose in their nightgown in a picture designed to draw the attention to the furniture), they had to put up with Philip all day, and they didn't even finish the job. The idea when undertaking a commission like this is to minimise the work involved for the sponsors, not agrievate them and cause them more work than is reasonable.

• Heart
Random Survey - Is Fanny:

♥ - hung over
(y) - sleepy after waking up at her usual time (mid-afternoon)
🤣 - sleepy after waking up early (noon)
😡 - suffering from hay-fever after her drunk nap in the bluebell wood
🤢 - looking more like Gerry every day
Her cheeks are lumpy....everywbere.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't think her patreon has been this low in a long time. Could this be the beginning of the end.

Maybe Old Fanny doesn't mind. Maybe she figures that she makes enough money over the Advent Season from You Tubes increased revenue during that season, to more than cover any other losses over the rest of the year. That would explain why she does dailys during Advent. NOT because she cares at all about Christmas, but because the You Tube revenues are high during that time. I could be wrong.

Reactions: 24
Cheap skate Annie here. I can't tell the difference between good champagne and cheap fizz. It's one of the problems of having grown up in Somerset cider country, my palate has been ruined by scrumpy cider, brewed on the farm.
My preferred choice, Fanny are you reading, is Lidl 's cheap'n'cheerful sparkling. It's getting expensive at €1.99 a bottle... mix it with creme de cassis (Fanny, use blackcurrant syrup, no one will notice 😉 , they're all plebs..)

More helpful tips and advice to follow on how to fleece your loyal subjects out of their euros.
Another cheapskate Annie here.

Long time ago when I was a lowly regional sales manager with no say in event organization, our company decided it would be an excellent idea to do a wine tasting event.
So me and my then work husband were of course seated next to each other. the wine tasting guy asks: smell/taste the oak, my prentecieous co workers were nodding their heads like a freaking bobbing head dog on the dashboard of a car. Second tasting we were suppose to taste I don't know what... so my work husband whispers "do you actually taste it"
To which I replied " no, it just taste like wine, one is dryer than the other one, just nod and pretend"

Today because I'm one of the higher ups, the waiters come for me to taste the wine before they pour the wine into glasses and I can finally say: "no thank you, I'm allergic to gluten but do asks my colleague 😁"

And that my friends, is the only time I'm happy i'm allergic to gluten and happily mention it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Gay lazy grifting Twank
Reclining
On blanket with quite a
Stupid woman who thinks he’s straight or a
Sappho loving lesbian with excessive facial hair.

IMG_2510.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Maybe Old Fanny doesn't mind. Maybe she figures that she makes enough money over the Advent Season from You Tubes increased revenue during that season, to more than cover any other losses over the rest of the year. That would explain why she does dailys during Advent. NOT because she cares at all about Christmas, but because the You Tube revenues are high during that time. I could be wrong.
Nope you are right YT revenue doubles in november/december.

But the loss of patreon monies can not be matched with seasonal YT revenue.

Reactions: 17
Is “meeting” code for heading to the glory hole in the nearest Emmaus men’s washroom?

:unsure:

• Haha
  • Sick
Gay lazy grifting Twank
Reclining
On blanket with quite a
Stupid woman who thinks he’s straight or a
Sappho loving lesbian with excessive facial hair.

View attachment 2141516
🤮🤢🤮🤢I believe you know the path to the naughty step.

I wasn't prepared to see that vomit inducing picture AGAIN! I puked a little in my mouth!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
👇 Comments from yesterday's flog...
200w (17).gif

SJ bride.png

Teresa Proano
14 minutes ago
Stephanie and Philip are made for each other….. any wedding - bells in their future??

182bc9e04830772af505235acef77ed0.gif

Carol Wood
21 minutes ago
You and Philip are twin souls……

BJJ summer 2022 (2).jpg
BJJ hands on hips (3).jpg
BJJ and  Dan July 2022 (2).png
BJJ Easter 2023 (2).jpg

Jormarie
1 hour ago
I need to make my husband dress like Philip. Period.

how-much-did-they-pay-you-how-much-were-you-payed.gif

👇From today's gift grab YT community post...
Chateau Unwrapped!
27 minutes ago
Hi everyone!
Tonight’s vlog is stuck uploading, but will premiere as soon as possible.
I’m going to try and reupload if it doesn’t finish within the next 15 minutes or so.
Please make sure you have notifications turned on, so you’ll be notified as soon as it goes live. See you in the premiere!
Philip

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.