The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really think Fanny and Mummy put on the big charm offence to convince Chantal, Steve and Amaury that the GS panelling project would be his fabulous passion project, with Ch4 tv exposure boosting his exposure and opening up big opportunities for Amuary - possibly his own TV carpentry gig. But none of that happened and is never going to happen. Instead Fanny sold them a pack of lies and Amuary is now stuck in the middle of nowhere working 24/7 digging ditches for Lady and Lord Lazy twit, living in a freezing, derilict shitoo with no hot water and no workshop. It’s good to see Amuary still has some pride in place and hasn’t completely lost his balls. He’s taken one big step away from Fanny and is setting boundaries, but hopefully now that Amuary has one foot out the front gates, it’s not long before he escapes entirely from Fanny and her warped French nightmare.
I'd like to see him move all of his workshop out of there and set himself up in business. Then using his skills to work at other Chateau, doing the bespoke carpentry he loves. He could even join the rest of them and set up his own YT channel, I'm sure he'd get the following.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ummm, why, in the middle of an appeal to Stephanie and Philip about Dan's lack of safety equipment does this person interject that they've had cataracts removed?
In Dan’s comments, a person wrote something about cataracts and not using eye protection.

I think what this person meant was you are at a higher risk of developing cataracts at an earlier age if you don’t protect your eyes from injury. Here is an excerpt of an article that would apply to Dan’s routine failure to protect his eyes.

4. Protect your eyes from injury

Injury to your eye is another risk factor for cataracts. Wearing proper safety eyewear during sports and other activities can protect your eyes from injury and reduce the risk of cataracts.

You can help protect your eyes by wearing:

• a helmet with a face mask during contact sports
  • safety goggles when handling chemicals, using a device that shoots projectiles, or when around flying debris. Dan doesn’t do this regularly.
  • appropriate safety eyewear when operating power tools, industrial equipment, or even a hammer. Dan does not do this regulary,
You can also protect your eyes by taking precautions when opening bottles with corks and avoiding handling, igniting, or standing close to fireworks.

Another viewer commented that Dan was being careless when not wearing a mask or respirator which would protect him from breathing in dust and other harmful particles which are not expelled from your lungs.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
In Dan’s comments, a person wrote something about cataracts and not using eye protection.

I think what this person meant was you are at a higher risk of developing cataracts at an earlier age if you don’t protect your eyes from injury. Here is an excerpt of an article that would apply to Dan’s routine failure to protect his eyes.

Injury to your eye is another risk factor for cataracts. Wearing proper safety eyewear during sports and other activities can protect your eyes from injury and reduce the risk of cataracts.

• safety goggles when handling chemicals, using a device that shoots projectiles, or when around flying debris. Dan doesn’t do this regularly.
  • appropriate safety eyewear when operating power tools, industrial equipment, or even a hammer. Dan does not do this regulary,
You can also protect your eyes by taking precautions when opening bottles with corks and avoiding handling, igniting, or standing close to fireworks.

Another viewer commented that Dan was being careless when not wearing a mask or respirator which would protect him from breathing in dust and other harmful particles which are not expelled from your lungs.
I guess this must have been on this person's mind, since they'd just had the surgery.
As far as I'm concerned, cataracts are the very least of the very serious problems that will arise should he continue with the choice to not wear protective equipment!

Reactions: 12
For accommodation in the middle of nowhere, expensive accommodation, breakfast is really poor. I have already commented on breakfast on this forum once and I was attacked in a "style" that what do I know.
I still think that the breakfast is shameful for the price of the accommodation. Some fried egg, pancakes, maybe some kind of meat more than ham for a sandwich, more kinds of cheese....
For the rest, if there is a surplus from breakfast, it can all be used in a dish, pizza, or pasta. There are a lot of hungry mouths in LL and there will be more this season.
Shame.
I just have three weetbix with hot milk and a coffee. How dull my life is. :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart

I thought they might be referring to Mummy still scrubbing the comments section for Stephanie. Delightful use of Mummy’s ‘golden years’.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Don't they have a Pizza oven there? I seem to recall Mummy climbing in to clear the crap out years ago.

Why not have a Pizza night? They're cheap to prepare, a layer of fresh tomato sauce with onions/herbs from the garden. Topped with peppers, mushrooms, meat and cheese. No waste, as guests only have what they like on their pizza.

Or cheese fondue/raclette night. You can buy them cheaply enough at Emmaus. A few dotted on the tables, bread / peppers etc to dip.

The only thing needed is to plan ahead and organise. Most importantly for Fanny, it's very cost effective.

My bill for catering advice is in the post
😂😂😂
I believe the pizza oven is out of commission like everything else at the shiteau they couldn’t be arsed to maintain or fix anything

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Nasty Natti must be employing a new PR company in an effort to clean up her image. There is a charming little video of her on IG showering love and affection (and cat treats) on Ruby all the while cuddling Molly. What me a domineering bully? No way just look at how kind I am to all creatures great and small.
Way back when I was first watching cd, it was quite enjoyable. Repunzal was upstairs in her bedroom receiving food and things from mummy via a rope and a basket because of Covid. Nothing much was happening at the castle. There was no patronage. There were no guests, visitors were mostly limited to her family and the other owners. Eventually it was time to get back on track with the b&b and in comes Natti. She seemed to get things done. She got busy answering all the emails that repunzal was too busy napping to get to and set about getting the place ready for guests. I think Fanny played a part in her being a bully so that she didn’t have to do the dirty work herself. I’m not saying that she isn’t one but her job was to whip that place into shape. I always have thought it was strange when she sits in on the gift grab. That seems to against my image of her as a manager. Now, all the sexual allegations go way over my head with the whole lot of them. I would gladly remain celibate in that hell hole to be honest. Poor old Selmar stumbled into a hornets nest there. Everyone seems to change after a stint at the shitoo, just think about it. Remember when cuz first showed up on the scene? Now, look at the guy cleaning up trash. 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Why don’t they at least try to make French dishes. Where’s the crepes? Where’s the Crème Brûlée? Where’s the mussels? Pomme frites? How bout some snails?
My husband likes to wind up my French Brother-in-Law by mentioning that Creme Brulee probably was invented in Cambridge, England.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Phi Phi is such a bi.ch
He’s so easily ignored by me for some reason. Whenever he talks it’s like the teacher in the Charlie Brown specials. Nothing he says is the least bit interesting to me. The moment they were announced as a couple I called BS! From that moment on it is just a matter of time for that pathetic affair to run its course. He will never leave on his own though. Michael and Mummy will have to sit him down for a chat like they did with Tomaz. Too much money and perks for an opportunist to walk away from. Right now she thinks she needs him because her little crew is shrinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My motto is “if you haven’t been blocked, you’re not trying hard enough!”
🧵Suggestion - “If you haven’t been blocked, you’re not trying hard enough!”
---
I don’t think they have used the pizza oven since the chateau DIY episode cleaning out the oven. Did they use it in the DIY episode or has Potts ever used it. The pizza oven/ bread oven clean out is like most of Stephanfraudie’s projects, just for content for video footage.
---

Send it to the Dump. That is where he receives packages.
Potty has used the pizza oven a couple of times, but it's rarely fired up. Crazy to have that gorgeous pizza oven and not use it, but they're too lazy to make pizza and walk back and forth to the pizza oven.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Couldn’t Maria make a breakfast casserole that can be heated up in the morning?
Exactly! I am not a cook but I make a delish egg casserole that can be made and refrigerated overnight and with all the cheese and pastries available nearby, you could really treat the guests to a flavorful brunch. And, by the way, crepes are easy to make also. You can make a fruit sauce the night before and in 10-15 minutes a fresh addition to the table. With fannys resources we should never be looking at slop!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Potty has used the pizza oven a couple of times, but it's rarely fired up. Crazy to have that gorgeous pizza oven and not use it, but they're too lazy to make pizza and walk back and forth to the pizza oven.
I was so jealous of that damn pizza oven. I would use it!! 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I spent the Covid years in Italy. Not glamorous country living. We relocated for work reasons and then Covid hit - really set us back financially and my now teen daughter mentally. Anyhooooo.... I would try to capitalize on the good. One was getting amazing one-in-a-lifetime pricing on places and excursions as Italy was closed to everyone else in the world. It was glorious in that sense. Spent a few days in Tuscany near Montepulciano at a little B&B (had a pool!!!). Owners from Florida (I see you FL tattlers 😍). THIS was breakfast o.m.g. And it was from the garden, hosts made it all.
That's how much should be laid out in the mornings. I can't understand why there's no Brioche any wastage could be turned into a desert, pain perdu for example. The evening meals don't have to be fancy, just good quality and a decent amount. A good entrecote, boeuf en daube, moules marinier, a nice salmon dish the choice is vast. They probably want it poncy to show off the friggin porcelaine. There should also be an alternative on hand if there are going to be children there.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
🧵Suggestion - “If you haven’t been blocked, you’re not trying hard enough!”
---

I must have tried very hard then as the lovely Brenda blocked me now Nati but cannot understand Nati blocking me I never leave comments for her or anything 😂

• Haha
That's how much should be laid out in the mornings. I can't understand why there's no Brioche any wastage could be turned into a desert, pain perdu for example. The evening meals don't have to be fancy, just good quality and a decent amount. A good entrecote, boeuf en daube, moules marinier, a nice salmon dish the choice is vast. They probably want it poncy to show off the friggin porcelaine. There should also be an alternative on hand if there are going to be children there.
Yes! They are in France damn it!! So many yummy choices!!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.