The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ˜‚
I must have tried very hard then as the lovely Brenda blocked me now Nati but cannot understand Nati blocking me I never leave comments for her or anything
Maybe Natti checked who you follow on Instagram, for example BTCD or Jules and therefore rejected you.
I usually get kicked out of social networks or groups for liking comments that are not in line with the group. I usually agree with the trolls. They surf me a bit, I click like where I shouldn't and sooo yeah - they kick me out.
Brenda kicked me out of the group because I laughed (šŸ˜‚) at content that was not to Brenda's taste.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 2133977
Snorty never talk about how you hate waste again. You should have recycled all that cardboard.
View attachment 2133983
Instead of learning another language you need to take a coarse on HOW TO FEED A CAT.
View attachment 2133990
Become proficient in log splitting and fire making to keep YOUR chateau warm & safe!
Does the HMN ever recycle anything? Glass, metal, cardboard, plastic etc? Don't they just have a huge industrial type garbage bin at their entrance? Who knows how their local council works (or whatever it is called in France). I have separate bins for each just like most households have but, my son who lives in a flat, doesn't appear to have to do the same. IDK?

Reactions: 12
Exactly! I am not a cook but I make a delish egg casserole that can be made and refrigerated overnight and with all the cheese and pastries available nearby, you could really treat the guests to a flavorful brunch. And, by the way, crepes are easy to make also. You can make a fruit sauce the night before and in 10-15 minutes a fresh addition to the table. With fannys resources we should never be looking at slop!!
Lord Avonlea and I once stayed in a lovely Victorian B&B in Nova Scotia and their breakfast specialty was luxurious French Toast with all these different fillings and trimmings. Not too much work, but delicious and a gorgeous presentation on the plate. Another trip we stayed at a B&B in Oban, Scotland run by a young couple. The husband was American (former military) and his specialty was American pancakes, which was a nice point of difference from the full English breakfasts served at most British B&B's.
By comparison the shitoo doesn't seem to offer any cooked breakfast option, but just serves a cold buffet (Natti, a hard boiled egg doesn't qualify as a cooked breakfast)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Why donā€™t they at least try to make French dishes. Whereā€™s the crepes? Whereā€™s the CrĆØme BrĆ»lĆ©e? Whereā€™s the mussels? Pomme frites? How bout some snails?
with all respect for her efforts, as "selftaught" (is she realy?) cook Maria probably doesn'z know how to cook proper french food.

Reactions: 23
One would think, if you paid 50 Euros for a dinner at a FRENCH "Chateau", there would be FRENCH food! Good heavens, if I had to stay there, I'd probably nix the "glorious" Shitoo Dining Experience and get a proper dinner in the village! (Prepared in a clean kitchen as well, with hygiene standards- how about that?!?)

Come on down to Casa de T Rex, @M&MsMom ! I'm making biscuits & gravy tomorrow for brekkie in honor of @KyBourbon 's visit to our Gator Nation (there will be fresh fruit as well, as for some odd reason, Mr. T Rex's cholesterol is high... :unsure: ) I also make a mean cappuccino!
Letā€™s be honest Rexy. Itā€™s highly unlikely any of us would willingly stay Chez Fanny, much less eat there, knowing what we know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Way back when I was first watching cd, it was quite enjoyable. Repunzal was upstairs in her bedroom receiving food and things from mummy via a rope and a basket because of Covid. Nothing much was happening at the castle. There was no patronage. There were no guests, visitors were mostly limited to her family and the other owners. Eventually it was time to get back on track with the b&b and in comes Natti. She seemed to get things done. She got busy answering all the emails that repunzal was too busy napping to get to and set about getting the place ready for guests. I think Fanny played a part in her being a bully so that she didnā€™t have to do the dirty work herself. Iā€™m not saying that she isnā€™t one but her job was to whip that place into shape. I always have thought it was strange when she sits in on the gift grab. That seems to against my image of her as a manager. Now, all the sexual allegations go way over my head with the whole lot of them. I would gladly remain celibate in that hell hole to be honest. Poor old Selmar stumbled into a hornets nest there. Everyone seems to change after a stint at the shitoo, just think about it. Remember when cuz first showed up on the scene? Now, look at the guy cleaning up trash. šŸ˜³
I'm inclined to agree with you on some points regarding natti. Way back when, pre covid, natti went to the tit'o as a volunteer possibly with workaway. She used to get very upset when fanny was waving the pink phone in her face and would storm off. I believe she made it quite clear she didn't want to be filmed. Then she went off again, possibly travelling or other volunteer stints. I don't remember if she was there alone, with a friend or with a partner. She then returned as a volunteer after an alleged break up with an abusive partner. At that return she appeared to me to have had a complete personality bypass. Very quickly she went from returning volunteer to employed to run the b&b. She came across as efficient and business like to get the tit'o back into shape and dealing with the admin. She didnā€™t even mind being filmed. So wtf happened?

There's no doubt that it's a toxic place and survival of the fittest reigns. Fanny is not a nice person but doesn't want to get her hands dirty. Fanny and her 2 co-owners are also deviants and have used the place, in the past, to feed their "habits". Bagheads wife's comment about entering an "eyes wide shut" scenario points to that. Oh and olly finding the soiled yf's in the attic!

Maybe now natti and amaury have moved out and can be themselves in their own place natti will soften and return to the girl she was. It's clear that the tit'o environment is not suitable to amaury, he looks like he's been drained by vampires. Their next step should be to just put the tit'o and everything it entails behind them. But will they?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
with all respect for her efforts, as "selftaught" (is she realy?) cook Maria probably doesn'z know how to cook proper french food.
Crepes arenā€™t that difficult it just takes a little practice. The right batter and a crepe pan. If I can learn, anyone can. šŸ¤£ Then itā€™s savory or sweet fillings and sauces.
---
Letā€™s be honest Rexy. Itā€™s highly unlikely any of us would willingly stay Chez Fanny, much less eat there, knowing what we know.
Maybe I would go to loose some weight. Canā€™t eat the food and have to walk miles into the town to have something to do. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Does the HMN ever recycle anything? Glass, metal, cardboard, plastic etc? Don't they just have a huge industrial type garbage bin at their entrance? Who knows how their local council works (or whatever it is called in France). I have separate bins for each just like most households have but, my son who lives in a flat, doesn't appear to have to do the same. IDK?
Where we are one week is the normal rubbish collection, the next is recycling. For all those carboard boxes, break them down flat and do a decheterie (dump) run once a month, along with anything else larger that needs chucking. The old boiler (not fanny) and the hot water tanks they could have got a scap metal collector to come for them. If they were more intergrated into their local area they would know of these kind of things but as usual it requires just a teeny tiny bit of effort.

We know this is their motto

can't be arsed.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
That's how much should be laid out in the mornings. I can't understand why there's no Brioche any wastage could be turned into a desert, pain perdu for example. The evening meals don't have to be fancy, just good quality and a decent amount. A good entrecote, boeuf en daube, moules marinier, a nice salmon dish the choice is vast. They probably want it poncy to show off the friggin porcelaine. There should also be an alternative on hand if there are going to be children there.
18 years in the area and Fanny has yet to establish relationships with any local vendors - the butcher, baker, fish monger, local farmers, wine merchants etc. Fanny should be on a first name basis with key suppliers for fresh food & supplies. Fanny could easily have a Farm to Table approach and along with the chef plan menus around fresh items which are locally sourced. But that requires Fanny actually take interest in her B&B and do real work - but Fanny doesn't give a tit. It's easier to pick stuff up at the grocery store and toss it in the freezer, scrounge for fledgling veggies in her walled garden, or order pizza.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Lord Avonlea and I once stayed in a lovely Victorian B&B in Nova Scotia and their breakfast specialty was luxurious French Toast with all these different fillings and trimmings. Not too much work, but delicious and a gorgeous presentation on the plate. Another trip we stayed at a B&B in Oban, Scotland run by a young couple. The husband was American (former military) and his specialty was American pancakes, which was a nice point of difference from the full English breakfasts served at most British B&B's.
By comparison the shitoo doesn't seem to offer any cooked breakfast option, but just serves a cold buffet (Natti, a hard boiled egg doesn't qualify as a cooked breakfast)
And, I'd wager, that staff at those establishments didn't walk around the breakfast room sneaking anything off the guests' table to eat themselves either, did they? Just so unprofessional when the B&B guests are paying top dollar! šŸ¤®
Haven't actually watched that vlog, but was PJ wearing his beanie too? I would in no way be surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just watched Danā€™s latest video.

Why does Dan refuse to use safety equipment? Almost half of the comments on his videos are people reminding him of common sense safety practices that he will not do. He has received literally hundreds of comments expressing concern over his failure to use appropriate gloves, a safety harness, safety glasses, performing dangerous work alone at his crispy chateau, and using unsafe work practices, He doesnā€˜t acknowledge these comments and doesnā€™t change the reckless way he performs work. People anxiously comment about safer ways to perform tasks.

Why do you think he is so reckless? Does he not understand that he can be seriously injured or setting himself up for future health problems? He has 2 small sons. What is going on with him? Is he stupid, overconfident, attention seeking? People would send him safety equipment.
all of this. nothing happened to him, while he was climbing on a roof with tiles, beams and other heavy stuff with only the help of shaky ladder, and his feet are ok in red converses, and little wood dust and old ashes is nothing, so you are just a bunch of fear and panic-mongers. or you are working for Big-safety?šŸ˜ 

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
And, I'd wager, that staff at those establishments didn't walk around the breakfast room sneaking anything off the guests' table to eat themselves either, did they? Just so unprofessional when the B&B guests are paying top dollar! šŸ¤®
Haven't actually watched that vlog, but was PJ wearing his beanie too? I would in no way be surprised.
Snorty stole from what little food the guests were given for breakfast.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Iā€™ve had better free (included) breakfasts at Best Westerns, than provided at Lielande, they could have put out cereal for the kiddos at least

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I must have tried very hard then as the lovely Brenda blocked me now Nati but cannot understand Nati blocking me I never leave comments for her or anything šŸ˜‚
I have a theory about this. When the vlogs came out from Behind the Chateau doors, Chateau Chat etc there was a lot of ā€œfriendingā€œ on IG. I know that I was able to identify a few Tartlets from this and you were one of them that I picked up on. So maybe Nati or even Amuary have been doing their own digging into who is who on their sites.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
all of this. nothing happened to him, while he was climbing on a roof with tiles, beams and other heavy stuff with only the help of shaky ladder, and his feet are ok in red converses, and little wood dust and old ashes is nothing, so you are just a bunch of fear and panic-mongers. or you are working for Big-safety?šŸ˜ 
Soon heā€™ll need Big Pharma šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So, Stephanie was making jokes about the ā€œwalking stickā€ and the man had a physical issue? Yepā€¦sounds right!

Iā€™m on the panhandle, between Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach. The Gulf waters are dark blue and turquoise, and the sand is fine and whiteā€¦almost like sugar. Itā€™s really beautiful here and the weather is perfect. ā¤
I love the 30-A area!! Have a wonderful time!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
18 years in the area and Fanny has yet to establish relationships with any local vendors - the butcher, baker, fish monger, local farmers, wine merchants etc. Fanny should be on a first name basis with key suppliers for fresh food & supplies. Fanny could easily have a Farm to Table approach and along with the chef plan menus around fresh items which are locally sourced. But that requires Fanny actually take interest in her B&B and do real work - but Fanny doesn't give a tit. It's easier to pick stuff up at the grocery store and toss it in the freezer, scrounge for fledgling veggies in her walled garden, or order pizza.
Yep, the B&B I worked at we did a taste test of the local boulangeires to see which was the best and had a regular order from them. There must be a local butcher, fishmonger. In season get i with the local chasse for some nice venison or wild boar. Local wine producers, fruit and veg producers the list goes on.

Instead of spending money on more tastless tat you truly do no need, buy all local produce.

Just had a chuckle to myself. We're out with friends tonight at our local brasserie and I thought I'd take a peek at the wine list. I might try the sparkling rosƩ Veuve de Lalande.

wine list.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Where we are one week is the normal rubbish collection, the next is recycling. For all those carboard boxes, break them down flat and do a decheterie (dump) run once a month, along with anything else larger that needs chucking. The old boiler (not fanny) and the hot water tanks they could have got a scap metal collector to come for them. If they were more intergrated into their local area they would know of these kind of things but as usual it requires just a teeny tiny bit of effort.

We know this is their motto

View attachment 2136190
Exactly the same for me in the UK with bi-weekly alternative collections. And, as we are all lead to believe, ultimately saving the planet in contributing to being "green" too! Although actually, not entirely convinced that that is the case in the long term after recently watching many documentaries regarding re-cycling! :cautious:
I agree with you regarding scrap metal, any self aware heating engineer would appreciate taking that stuff away to gain a little "side" reward from those items. Maybe Nathan isn't too bothered as he is not 100% based in France so doesn't have anywhere to store it in the interim.
But, SJ could at least have looked into it and if appropriate have stored them upright setting aside in a proper manner rather than just chucking them into the barn/stable, creating a huge heap of rubbish. AND, yet again, having to declutter that area.
What I don't fully understand, is if the cardboard boxes aren't going to be re-used, then why not just flatten them in the first instance and put them in their industrial bin. Just laziness really, I suppose!
Skips aren't cheap are they? Especially those container size! But, hey-ho, SJ isn't personally paying for any of this is she - therefore, not her problem, on her conscious or issue at the end of the day. The patrons are paying - yet, again - aren't they? :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I was wondering if it's possible that the house Natti is kneeling in front of with Molly and Ruby is her 'little' house.
The building does not look like La Lande and maybe she and Amaury have taken Ruby with them.
this is on the yard where cars are parked.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.