The Chateau Diaries #235 If she blinks at 100 miles per hour, it's because she can't hide her lying eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😳 Is that comment (“after the way you let that poor girl starve”) insinuating that Mmakhotso starved? Or maybe a guest at the B&B went hungry? She needs to elaborate! Marilyn, don’t throw out a line like that and leave us hanging. 😳
I think you hit it on the head with her sponsored student! 😮 That was really putting it out there in the comments! 😬😮😥
No way that was at the HMN! Pitiful food selections sure....but not “literally” starving!

Reactions: 14
Amaury was NOT happy in the Vlog. I thought slavery was outlawed.

the guest dinner. Wine in decanter w/out the bottle - so shite wine in there. And really ???? Snorts in a Beanie for a sit down dinner? Gross AF.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Why did they hang the wallpaper the way they did? Space at the top, space at the bottom, just seems weird to me. I’m a bit weary of wallpaper in the bathroom anyway, especially when it’s put up by idiots.
Maybe coving and paneling? The wallpaper at the top wasn't level either where the shower is. Very strange!
I know they want a picture rail at the top & trim of some kind at the bottom. Seems like more work on an already never ending to do list & stupid. Do we think it was Stephanie’s idea or Philip’s?

Reactions: 24
Why did they hang the wallpaper the way they did? Space at the top, space at the bottom, just seems weird to me. I’m a bit weary of wallpaper in the bathroom anyway, especially when it’s put up by idiots.
That annoyed me too.
Why have that space up the top and why paper right near the bath tub....... I would have neutral tiles way up as far as a slash of water from the bath could go !
I am seeing soggy wallpaper that will turn up its toes and peel off.
What a great look and it will never be fixed but just hanging there for eternity !! :cautious:

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Just watched the latest.disaster. WTF was that food,. Did you see the look on the faces of those two kids. The Most disgusting part of that posting was the gay blade having a orgasm over the wall paper. His speech seems to be so effected now. When the con artist said I am having a pork and mustard sandwich from the pork Philip brought me I heaved in the bucket I keep handy when watching the chateau diaries.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
It’s not painted yet…. I recently designed this heated drying cupboard which fits in over a staircase…..to hide wet laundry when drying. It makes good use of an unused space IMO. This would have been easy to do on a larger scale at the dump and much cheaper than drying tights in the dryer!
Wow! I love that! Great idea! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That's great! I always thought (at least in prior years) that because spaces are typically smaller in Europe, appliances were as well (i.e. the tiny refrigerators, etc.). Of course, new homes or remodeled home wouldn't have that issue. My friend lived in a small cottage in Cambridge and there was no room for the washer and dryer in the house! It was outside in a little shed!
I agree with you about the laundry - they should be using a laundry service. I remember when Tomas was doing it - sheets hanging up all over that dirty laundry room or hanging on the line, Isabelle barging in and trying to get to something, handling the sheets, trying to find a way in - yuk! Taking the laundry out to be serviced is probably the most -if not only - professional thing they do! Plus, isn't electricity pretty expensive in Europe? Send it out - it's much cheaper in the long run and those volunteers can go pull dock weeds out of the garden - LOL!

I recall laundry conversations here when I first joined......the point made at the time, a good one I thought, was that Stephanie does absolutely nothing to support the local community despite, at one time, saying her chateau contributed to the community's economic well-being. All we could determine that was sourced locally was bread. Her food was coming from the grocery stores...not the local markets. She was employing UK workers instead of local ones (except she used the French speaking ones to get quotes that her UK friends could use to carry out the work). Then, she started sending out the laundry. Problem solved! She's supporting the local community now!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Amaury was NOT happy in the Vlog. I thought slavery was outlawed.

the guest dinner. Wine in decanter w/out the bottle - so shite wine in there. And really ???? Snorts in a Beanie for a sit down dinner? Gross AF.
Snorts in a Beanie at dinner just shows the ingrained depth of his ignorance and arrogance. GAF indeed.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Why does Amoury hide his smoking? What's wrong with Stephanie's right eyeball? Is that the glass eye? :unsure:
Left eye is ShrimpEye. (Because even
amounts of botox are administered, and no one’s face is completely symmetrical, one should expect “ShrimpEye”. I am not a doctor but I am 57 years old and not unscientifically minded. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m late as I was a work and I’m on NY time. Y’all. All of the things I hate the most about the shyt show combined in one vlog. I can’t fathom why a bathroom in 2023 needs wallpaper. The white walls were fine!
I chose to eat dinner while watching the Robot mop dirt flush out. Those floors haven’t seen the ammonia and water they’ve needed in decades. Absolutely disgusting. Does Stephanie have a prejudice against French contractors? I want to know why she works with so many Brits. I literally forget she lives in France. And yes PhiPhi buying more crap. I just take it all in as an F - U to us on here. They are taking notes on how to keep us aggravated

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Unlike Fanny he doesn't have a back up flat in London. It would be unwise for him to stretch as much as he can.

This month will be the first month he will make bank between 15 to 25k. Patreon + yt flogs.
Next month he could hire 2 qualified builders to help him. The more progress his viewers see, the more they get invested in 'finishing it'
Like Fanny you mean? Oh wait...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I went to public school (Private School here in the UK). My Dad gave me a choice state school or public school, I chose the local comprehensive, but got expelled from the State School after one term so boarding school it was for me. The education is better, the class sizes smaller, far better sports facilities and much more discipline which I never took to. It also does give you confidence, but never heard of anyone selecting a school for marriage prospects to be honest and all my siblings and a lot of my friends went to public school. I didn't get a job through the old school network or a husband and have a very broad mix of friends from all walks of life, backgrounds and cultures. A lot of public school boys can be real tossers but I generalise.

Back on Fanny she should have gone with the paper with the blue background went much better with the bubbling old wall paper next door. My God they have ruined that design hanging it half mast all round the room. If I was a guest I would be so pissed off. She shouldn't have started unless it was going to be completely finished it looks a dogs dinner.
I had initially assumed/thought that it was a better education, but when I was reading some articles and research on this subject, it didn't pan out as I thought. Yes, smaller classes and more access to things like going to see plays and extra curricular activities makes for a wider experience and more teacher time, but the teachers and the curriculum isn't necessarily better (generally speaking ofcourse - there are some terrible schools with horrible reputations). It most definitely is whom you are mixing with that you are paying for. Even here in NZ people choose private schools so their kids avoid gang members' children etc. and mix with a 'higher' class of people. Possibly you are already middle class, so there was less of an impetus for your parents to want you to find connections?

Reactions: 8
I got married in Audubon Park, a guerilla wedding in front of the fountain at one of the entrances, and I was GOBSMACKED to hear the pronunciation. Just did a wee bit of a deep dive on him, and had no idea he was born in now Haiti and was raised in France from age 5 until he was sent to the US at the age of 18. Regardless, it was so jarring to hear.

(Can't remember if I have mentioned this, but we chartered a street car to bring us back to the FQ, brought a wash tub bass band into a room upstairs at Galatoire's for the reception, and the cake was from Haydel's. Brunch reception during the FQ Festival. It was FABULOUS! And we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary!)
Congratulations on your anniversary! If that was FQ Fest in 2008 I probably partied right past you as that was one of my more epic festival years.😈

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I had initially assumed/thought that it was a better education, but when I was reading some articles and research on this subject, it didn't pan out as I thought. Yes, smaller classes and more access to things like going to see plays and extra curricular activities makes for a wider experience and more teacher time, but the teachers and the curriculum isn't necessarily better (generally speaking ofcourse - there are some terrible schools with horrible reputations). It most definitely is whom you are mixing with that you are paying for. Even here in NZ people choose private schools so their kids avoid gang members' children etc. and mix with a 'higher' class of people. Possibly you are already middle class, so there was less of an impetus for your parents to want you to find connections?
Connections in my southern part of the world will make even the most inept successful. It also provides for having to deal with some of the most entitled stupid people you could possibly imagine. I had to be lectured for my disdain of many and reminded why I needed to be “nice”. Oh I hate politics.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree with you about the laundry - they should be using a laundry service. I remember when Tomas was doing it - sheets hanging up all over that dirty laundry room or hanging on the line, Isabelle barging in and trying to get to something, handling the sheets, trying to find a way in - yuk! Taking the laundry out to be serviced is probably the most -if not only - professional thing they do! Plus, isn't electricity pretty expensive in Europe? Send it out - it's much cheaper in the long run and those volunteers can go pull dock weeds out of the garden - LOL!

I recall laundry conversations here when I first joined......the point made at the time, a good one I thought, was that Stephanie does absolutely nothing to support the local community despite, at one time, saying her chateau contributed to the community's economic well-being. All we could determine that was sourced locally was bread. Her food was coming from the grocery stores...not the local markets. She was employing UK workers instead of local ones (except she used the French speaking ones to get quotes that her UK friends could use to carry out the work). Then, she started sending out the laundry. Problem solved! She's supporting the local community now!
I have to give them props for finally having the common sense to send the bedding out. Based on their lack of laundry bags, and making a big deal about it- this is a newer concept for them. I wonder if Fanny ever got around to replacing the towels with good quality white ones- when Tomaz organized the laundry room years ago, the towels were pretty manky looking and all colours. She should be sending towels out as well so they are properly sanitized. Well, sending the bedding out is progress. I certainly hope she recycles the bajillion bags that it comes back in!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Also, the way Stephanie always talks about Daddy & Philip speaks about Grandfather… I used to think that Philip did it as another way to finagle his way into Stephanie’s psyche. I now believe that they both do it because of their granny demographic.
I am tired of wallpaper all together. It was used in the olden days to ‘seal’ in damp. And apparently in Fanny’s modern times as well. It actually is suppressing the mold from the damp walls
---
And a picture rail to cover the mess at the top?
Not done well at all- the pattern is at eye level- it was not meant to be that way- it is supposed to look like an actual garden when you enter the room..........oh gawd! Won’t anyone send that kid to design school? Kill me, kill us all.
---
I am tired of wallpaper all together. It was used in the olden days to ‘seal’ in damp. And apparently in Fanny’s modern times as well. It actually is suppressing the mold from the damp walls
---

Not done well at all- the pattern is at eye level- it was not meant to be that way- it is supposed to look like an actual garden when you enter the room..........oh gawd! Won’t anyone send that kid to design school? Kill me, kill us all.
What another freaking waste of $$$$

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Why doesn't she just shove a broom up Amaury's arse and then he can sweep the floor whilst doing everything else. Boy he is looking so pissed off and rightly so, why was he the only one emptying that crappy stable yet again. Phillip is a peasant who sets the forks prong side down very none you, you dick wad. What hoover company would sponsor someone so filthy. Wait till you hear her pronounce Carafe pretentious witch.

The floor tiles in the bathroom are really ringing as are her vulva light fittings
Those floor tiles are positively DISGUSTING.
I would not walk around in that bathroom unless I had something on my feet.

or the smug little trollop on the Chaise in the kitchen having a cup off tea and relaxing whilst the robot hoover cleaned the first layer of scum from the floors all whilst Amaury worked alone.
I think at this point Amaury would actually prefer to work alone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Those floor tiles are positively DISGUSTING.
I would not walk around in that bathroom unless I had something on my feet.
I am halfway through the CD vlog, and thought the very same thing! It made my feet itch just looking at it! I want to grab a bottle of X-14 and a scrub brush!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Connections in my southern part of the world will make even the most inept successful. It also provides for having to deal with some of the most entitled stupid people you could possibly imagine. I had to be lectured for my disdain of many and reminded why I needed to be “nice”. Oh I hate politics.
Same here in the deep south. If I had a dollar for every self-indulged, entitled ass who has said “do you know who I am” to me, I could easily retire. My standard response these days is “I don’t give two shits who you are, who your daddy is, who your granddaddy is and whatever threats you care to make you mouth breathing waste of oxygen.” Due to the specialty in my job I’m about as untouchable as possible which is a plus as my filters no longer function. If I think it, I say it.🫤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.