The Chateau Diaries #235 If she blinks at 100 miles per hour, it's because she can't hide her lying eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's doing a Fanny, it will never be finished, he invests in spruce joists not oak beams. He will milk this, skimming a little off the top for supplies, pocketing the rest (as she does), till it dies a natural death, and he'll skip off into the sunset with the spoils....
Unlike Fanny he doesn't have a back up flat in London. It would be unwise for him to stretch as much as he can.

This month will be the first month he will make bank between 15 to 25k. Patreon + yt flogs.
Next month he could hire 2 qualified builders to help him. The more progress his viewers see, the more they get invested in 'finishing it'

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Do I spy a return of the infamous yellow dress?
Why wash napkins after one use? Do they even wash the sheets after each use?

I know one family I worked for, we would sometimes iron the sheets on the bed after one nights sleep if we didn’t have enough sheets!! This was an aristocratic family!
He wears a yellow jumper to wallpaper for EIGHTEEN hours and then goes out for lunch in it the next day???.

Did anyone sense a slight lisp when Fanny was speaking? I wonder if along with Mr Fairpants she has Invisalign ?

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
That was so pretentious I almost gagged when I realized what she said. I didn’t recognize it immediately either. I walk my fur baby in Audubon Park several times a week and I can assure it’s not pronounced like that in New Orleans. It’s Ah-da-bun said rapidly with the emphasis on the ah and almost swallowing the bun (down @HalcyonOrganic). Definitely not aaaahdewbonne as she was mangling. Of course, it isn’t N’awlins either unless you’re a tourist or in that industry. Locals roll their eyes so hard it’s a miracle they can find their way back to the front when they hear it. A little hint, it’s New Or-leeyuns, swallowing the leeyuns (stay down Haly baby) or New Orlunns depending on your neighborhood. There’s also a Yat accent that I can’t reproduce, never could. Oh, and Stephanie Jarvis, where the effing Hell are the accounts?!?
I don’t know what Adaubums or leeyun is.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The cabinets with the plates displayed use to look better. Snorty has put so much crap on it, it now looks too top heavy. Marie did a better job in the back kitchen.
HOARD
---
The Relais du Facteurs' menus are my go-tos for locally sourced, seasonal, regional, and spectacular cooking -- they have €13 and €17 menus which put Lalande's grifter loser food to shame.
When you wake at 2 pm every day it’s tough to get a table....

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That beautiful wallpaper was not thought through. Cos it was pretty she did a verucca salt, but the measurements are all wrong on her high walls so it looked a damn mess. And now poor Amory has to make wood panelling to go underneath it.
She really is a thoughtless twit

• Heart
Reactions: 19
so now 5am becomes 7am she has no idea how much she lies. Again ,major filter so Fannys dead cod eyes become Indians Ocean blue-all the wrinkles and rosacea gone too
Why does Amoury hide his smoking? What's wrong with Stephanie's right eyeball? Is that the glass eye? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Hey look!

I found a secret footage of the old lalande owners from the 70s.

It shows the exact moment when the people living there turned crazy and lost their mind, because they realized they will never finish renovating the chateau.

Rumors say that the former owners were reborn and live in lalande again…

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
@Maple fairy I like the wallpaper too. This time she chose well.

But as @Just Grift Wood pointed out bonne mama wallfabric has come loose and looks awful! She could have done both rooms over the past 6 months. But guess what she never will because it's SILK!

I hate the awful yellow tiles in the bathroom too. Keep the boarder tiles and remove the yellow ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That was so pretentious I almost gagged when I realized what she said. I didn’t recognize it immediately either. I walk my fur baby in Audubon Park several times a week and I can assure it’s not pronounced like that in New Orleans. It’s Ah-da-bun said rapidly with the emphasis on the ah and almost swallowing the bun (down @HalcyonOrganic). Definitely not aaaahdewbonne as she was mangling. Of course, it isn’t N’awlins either unless you’re a tourist or in that industry. Locals roll their eyes so hard it’s a miracle they can find their way back to the front when they hear it. A little hint, it’s New Or-leeyuns, swallowing the leeyuns (stay down Haly baby) or New Orlunns depending on your neighborhood. There’s also a Yat accent that I can’t reproduce, never could. Oh, and Stephanie Jarvis, where the effing Hell are the accounts?!?

I got married in Audubon Park, a guerilla wedding in front of the fountain at one of the entrances, and I was GOBSMACKED to hear the pronunciation. Just did a wee bit of a deep dive on him, and had no idea he was born in now Haiti and was raised in France from age 5 until he was sent to the US at the age of 18. Regardless, it was so jarring to hear.

(Can't remember if I have mentioned this, but we chartered a street car to bring us back to the FQ, brought a wash tub bass band into a room upstairs at Galatoire's for the reception, and the cake was from Haydel's. Brunch reception during the FQ Festival. It was FABULOUS! And we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary!)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Im surprised darling Daddy did not choose a naked chicken as his favourite.
Fanny really recalls the weirdest things.

Perhaps she could do a vlog.” My fathers favourite things “
Starting with :
Bantams
Trees with space between them,
Sunflowers,
Me , me , me.
Maybe he meant that he enjoyed Bantamweight boxing and not chickens 🐓🥊

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@Maple fairy I like the wallpaper too. This time she chose well.

But as @Just Grift Wood pointed out bonne mama wallfabric has come loose and looks awful! She could have done both rooms over the past 6 months. But guess what she never will because it's SILK!

I hate the awful yellow tiles in the bathroom too. Keep the boarder tiles and remove the yellow ones.
Oh if it is silk she could have it re-stretched but would need a pro

Reactions: 12
That's great! I always thought (at least in prior years) that because spaces are typically smaller in Europe, appliances were as well (i.e. the tiny refrigerators, etc.). Of course, new homes or remodeled home wouldn't have that issue. My friend lived in a small cottage in Cambridge and there was no room for the washer and dryer in the house! It was outside in a little shed!
My son and daughter-in-law have a pulley ceiling drying rack in their flat's kitchen. I think it's brilliant and wish I could have one in my little cottage but the ceilings aren't that tall.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh blimey I miss a few days as not well and before I know it got hoards to catch up on !

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My husband is a die hard Leafs fan. Here’s to hoping they don’t choke! ( I have always been a Boston fan)😺
Slight derailing... I'm a die hard Red Wings fan. Since we gave Tyler Bertuzzi to Boston, I hope they do well for his sake, but I'm also hoping the Leafs do well. It's been too long for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My son and daughter-in-law have a pulley ceiling drying rack in their flat's kitchen. I think it's brilliant and wish I could have one in my little cottage but the ceilings aren't that tall.
I have one in my cloakroom worth it’s weight in gold

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hey look!

I found a secret footage of the old lalande owners from the 70s.

It shows the exact moment when the people living there turned crazy and lost their mind, because they realized they will never finish renovating the chateau.

Rumors say that the former owners were reborn and live in lalande again…

I love Godspell. I actually was in a HS production of it back in the day. We did Godspell and Hair. It was a 70’s vibe year. Unfortunately the fact that Lalande will never be completed is the fault of fanny. She has no one to leave it too so she doesn’t care.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.