The Chateau Diaries #234 LieLande you'd have to be mad to work there, just a coincidence that everyone is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You tell 'em Joyce!

Joyce Stempa

28 minutes ago
Not sure how on earth all the rooms are in such a state with that many people constantly in the house but the sheer amount of the constant volume of work needed every single day in this chaotic house is overwhelming for me as a viewer. I can’t imagine how it is to actually live such a drama filled lifestyle!!! Maybe a little less running around visiting this place & that country and a little less themed dinner parties and a little more focus on knocking out a particular room (and not moving on until that room is 100% done), is in order so at least ONE thing gets completed. Running from room to room fixing one small issue means nothing as a whole gets finished and a whole year goes by and still everything looks schizophrenic. Love you guys but this is really getting maddening!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I didn't know whether to give your post a heart or a laugh emoji - "does he hump the walls to get them dried faster" had me belly laughing!
But you're right - if they put in minimal effort every day, this would have been completed - and probably more thoughtfully, too - without us having to see "CRISIS" in her thumbnail.

On another note, Philip looks miserable here. GOOD!
---

@lyna explained it - he dry humps the walls to get them to dry faster!
Hmmm I know there is a good poem somewhere there starting with-
Humpty Dumpty painting a wall...

Obviously the frenetic work and the desperate thumbnail are for views and applause... But on the other hand why doesn't she plan out her projects so they are done well and ONCE!
So now that her BnB season has started NO MORE work will be done on the rooms? Then come the end of April 2024 she will do another rushed 1/2 ass job before that season?? That's no way to run a business...

Chateau de Bourneau couple take a little vacation at the end of their BnB season then they start working and fixing so their gites are ready for the following year.

If she had worked even 2 hours a day these last 20 years, her chateau would be in great shape.

What is going on with the stables??? They can't break up garbage/recycling as they get it? They are like squatters.

Yeah I didn't feel sorry that Phi stayed up and she took a bath and went to bed...
Chances are he wasn't doing anything useful anyway...

• Heart
Reactions: 34
PhiPhi is pissed.

Regarding the musings that the Comte is Jason Dubious....no! Does Jason have an NGO setup in SriLanka? When the Comte overshared some very personal details of his life I looked up his NGO/charity in Sri Lanka because I have an interest. I was also in SriLanka 12 months after the tsunami. His NGO is real and ONLY from the details he publicly put forward on here it was simple to verify his story. If Jason or his husband are in anyway connected I think that would be a case of stolen identity.

Kat - I wonder what her churchy parents think of her dalliance with Dan, if true. He is hardly a catch and I imagine that they would be thinking she is selling herself short and dumbing down.

I reckon that Tess's wedding will be a grand social affair, I couldn't imagine taking PhiPhi as my partner and introducing him as my "boyfriend". Both PhiPhi and Stephanie Jarvis will be sniggered about behind their backs for sure. I wonder if Potty will get an invite? After all he knows the bride and some of her friends really well!
Do you recall the NGO name? I can’t view any past Comte messages.

Reactions: 8
Three full time gardeners (one lives in) and a dead flower garden. Two handy men (one who lived in) and nothing ready for guests and the living quarters a tit show. Filthy people living in filth.
New thread 🧵 title suggestion:
Filthy people living in filth

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Dang! I just watch the latest CD vlog! That place is in every way a DUMP! Even the renovated areas look like they've been haphazardly done!
Chipped-off plasters, peeling-off wallpapers, filthy wood parquet and stone floors, etc.! It's gross! :sick:

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
The one positive of today's vlog- Maria's new plastic cutting boards arrived! Fanny doshed out for a whopping TWO. Well, it's a start. Maria, no one on Tattle will fault you if you toss the wooden ones (which are a health hazard- they are beyond sanding and oiling) in the next bonfire.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
One day when the original to the château roof, walls, ceilings, and Terrace steps all fall down, F4F will flee the Dump and retreat to her London flat with the 2 filthy original to the château doors and memories of LieLande. Amaury must be angry to see all the new woodworking equipment crammed to the side of a room and covered with filth. I would have thought he would have tried to cover some of the equipment with drop cloths.

What happened to Phi Phi’s Folly, his antique store at the Dump? No footage of him readying his shop for the B and B season.

I don’t think Dan’s kids are fond of Fanny. Dan breaks most everything that comes into his possession, e.g., vans, cars, diggers, equipment, etc. Remember him kicking the window of the digger with his feet to get the window to open?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Do you remember the farm house down the road of the heap where SJ and Ollie went and had a look? Needed lot of work and had lot of space. Perhaps that's their forever home?
Yeah and the acted as if they had just discovered it, yet they drive past it every day. That was one of the first times I realised they were not telling the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yesterday, watching big nose rustle through wallpaper samples, I was reminded of paper dress-up dolls from the 60s for some reason... View attachment 2122772
I used to be given these for birthdays and Christmas!! I had forgotten all about them. They lasted half an hour before I became bored.
If I had given these to my daughter, she would have disowned me.
---
@ComtesseRose thank you for the honour of naming a thread, I hope “and another name” doesn’t mind my paraphrasing their pithy comment
I love what you have done and thank you as well @ComtesseRose

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just watched Pastor Robs video and they are growing on me, I look forward to seeing what they’ve accomplished each week. He talks about gifts, throwing some shade on F4F but in a passive Christian voice. What a difference in the prep they are doing for the upcoming student sessions and usually it’s just the two of them, not 3 gardeners and upteen handymen. I know don’t many don’t care for them but they’re ok in my book
I like them. They are good hardworking people. I had a giggle when he threw shade at F4F for her GAG. I like the approach they have on getting the chateau livable and clean. What he does is not professional by any means nor does he claim to be an expert but he tries and admits when he makes mistakes. His wife is an interior designer. I question her choices (wallpaper in a bathroom) but she is working with an extremely low budget and the rooms do turn out refreshed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Do you recall the NGO name? I can’t view any past Comte messages.
No I can't remember, but going by the information he put on here it all linked up. There wasn't a sighting of Jason Dubious in any of the published photos!
Edit: I am hoping the Comte is well and OK. He did overshare too much personal stuff in my opinion.
2nd Edit: I have found the name of the charity- easily- but I am not prepared to share it on here. They seem to be doing good work. I can still see all the Comte's messages and the ones when he spoke about his and his husband's charity were spoken with pride, and deservedly so.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Dan,

I know you read here. I just watched your video about the 1920 floor tiles. The ceramic encaustic tiles are reverse marked Ste. Anonyme, Gare de Douzies, Maubeuge.

Here is a pdf and a link to click to download a free digitized copy of :

Album / Fabrique de Produits Ceramiques de Mauberge (Nord).
by Fabrique de Produits Ceramiques de Maubeuge (Nord).

Publication date 190-?Topics Tiles--France--Catalogs, Tile industry--France, Trade catalogs--Tiles--FrancePublisher The Company, MaubeugeCollection winterthurlibrary; americanaDigitizing sponsor LYRASIS Members and Sloan FoundationContributor Winterthur Museum LibraryLanguage French

This is a catalog from the French company that manufactured the floor tiles in your chateau. Look at page 16 of the catalog and you will see the green and white Diamond tiles, as well as the blue, yellow tiles with the flower like motif. The third tile featured in your chateau is not part of the pattern depicted. The third tile in your pattern could have been manufactured later than the date of this catalog. The catalog was issued prior to 1920, probably around 1910 or 1915?. Back in the Victorian times, ceramic tiled floors were very popular but consumers were free to substitute different tiles in the floor patterns, so you may not find a floor pattern that is exactly the same as the one in your chateau, but it may be different tiles from the same company to make the pattern of the floor, the borders, etc. You can make a floor pattern by selecting different tiles, kind of like putting different legos together to make a floor pattern, I think this catalog is from early 1900’s and additional tiles of differing designs were manufactured after this catalog was produced.

Here is the link to go to download a free digitized copy of the catalog on whatever format you need.

Go to page 16 of the catalog,

If you need additional tiles,you can search online to try to locate some original tiles, or some companies manufacture new tiles in these old patterns,

Keep the broken tiles. You may use them for repairs, mosaics, etc.
---
About 15 years ago, I collected some tiles from 1890 thru 1920’s, Here are 2 of my favorite art nouveau tiles. They are by Wedgewood and were manufactured around 1900. They did not make many of these so they were hard to find,
1682308273055.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.