The Chateau Diaries #234 LieLande you'd have to be mad to work there, just a coincidence that everyone is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @Lochness Monster for naming the thread and @MadameChat for nominating it.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

Jules100

VIP Member

Sunday at 4:08 AM
There are some people that have never been to school for or been trained in design that are design enthusiasts and have a real passion for it. Philip is not one of these people. He’s tacky with bad taste. He has no history of good design choices or beautifully finished projects. Philip is just pretending to be a talented grown up. No one really takes him seriously. Philip is a joke.🦔👢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, Shari Holloway, LadyRed and 49 others

KyBourbon

VIP Member

Saturday at 3:47 PM
You know, just the fact that SJ has a flat in London she used (until just recently) to store her hoard of purchases should make everyone‘s blood boil. It’s been said before. The London place sits empty most of the time…she couldn’t have been renting it out when it was stuffed with all the garbage she and PhiPhi bought. She could easily sell the place and use the money on her “beloved farmhouse.” Honestly, why keep the London flat? For vanity? Does she need to maintain an address in the UK for some reason? If that’s the case, sell the flat and buy a cheap dump somewhere in England just for the address. It doesn’t make sense…but, then again, I’m trying to apply logic to a person who’s completely illogical.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions:You, Jules100, Shari Holloway and 46 others

KyBourbon

VIP Member

Saturday at 11:28 AM
I ran PhiPhi’s photo through some Age Progression software…it’s not pretty!

PhiPhi now…

IMG_5059.jpeg

PhiPhi age progressed 10 years…

TRIGGER WARNING!

IMG_5056.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions:You, Jules100, après-le-déluge and 45 others

CountessPompidoo

VIP Member

Monday at 2:43 PM
Afternoon all. OMG what an absolute tit show it was.
Listening to Potty talk about pigeon tit, hearing Maria moan about clearing tit from the kitchen, Kirsty & Davey hoping they won't find Ruby's tit, AnneMarie looking like tit, and Fanny talking tit, it truly was a Shitshow at the Shitoo. Literally :rolleyes::sick::rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Jules100, thatsrich and 45 others

Jules100

VIP Member

Yesterday at 4:36 AM
M&MsMom said:
Annalise posted this on Instagram. She and the boys spent the past weekend with Amy & Marc at Chateau de Rosieres
View attachment 2111217
I think you can’t have it both ways. “Please don’t say anything negative about our relationship breakup or anything else, I have kids that might read the comments on my YouTube channel one day.” “Hey look at my kids, what do you think?”

You’re either in or you’re out with your kids & social media. No picking & choosing. Personally, out is better, but whatever. I don’t like Dan the gardener and to a lesser extent, now Annalise. She knew what she was getting into and she knows what she’s doing now. Also, she is here on TL. Last posting on Jan 13, but last lurking on April 3. (Ask me somewhere else & I’ll tell you.) She & Dan take a lot of vacations. Definitely more than me & I’m cool getting away whenever the opportunity presents itself. But then again, my house isn’t a construction site / garbage dump and an embarrassment whenever anyone else sees it. Here’s a tip for the both of them: cleaning up garbage and debris from the yard and the interior of your house is free. Paint is cheap and makes a world of difference. The safety and cleanliness of the house your children live in should be your top priority. You both know you’re putting everything on the internet for the world to see forever right?❤

• Heart
Reactions:You, T Rex, OldGeek and 44 others

Remember to check the wiki regularly or smell a wiff of Brenda's FUPA - I don't make the rules, I just explain them.
Happy Tattling.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Have a little Upper East Side break on me!

It sucks when business and real life steal me away from Tattle Chateauverse. :ROFLMAO: ✌
Thanks for this new thread, @ComtesseRose. (y)

Also, glad to hear that @Karma baby! is doing a lot better. Omidvaram zoodtar khub shi.

1681968844066.png

1681968885477.png

Sorry for the derail, now back to Lalande!

cd704.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
TorontoGWM said:
If you are showing a kitchen Reno show the whole kitchen, not just a wall.

View attachment 2113545
So far I hate their kitchen. Hate the tile. I dislike 4 inch square tile stacked.

It took me a while to figure why I didn't like their kitchen and it's the kitchen counter. It looks like a cheap, thin 1970's beige vinyl countertop. It appears dirty and dull against the white tiles and the grey cabinets. They should have splashed some cash on white granite counter tops with shades of grey veins running the the surface and installed them with a waterfall edge.
1681969624859.png

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Does anyone recognise the woman in cream that came round the side of Dan's wreck during the end section when he is sitting at the giant table.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
TorontoGWM said:

So far I hate their kitchen. Hate the tile. I dislike 4 inch square tile stacked.

It took me a while to figure why I didn't like their kitchen and it's the kitchen counter. It looks like a cheap, thin 1970's beige vinyl countertop. It appears dirty and dull against the white tiles and the grey cabinets. They should have splashed some cash on white granite counter tops with shades of grey veins running the the surface and installed them with a waterfall edge.
View attachment 2114018
You are so right, that is exactly what they are doing, done the butcher block formica until the real tops happen so why did he tile????

They assure us all they are going to reuse the formica on other projects.

Yeah right

Courtesy of Tui Beer.

Longish dark hair, dressed in what looks like label coat UHMMMMMMMMMM

Dana????????

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Patron video, SJ has new wallpaper for Bon Maman bathroom due two days before guests arrive, it doesn't arrive so she paints the walls instead. How on earth did she expect with her 'expert' wallpapering skills to have it done in time for guests.

Nathan the heating engineer fixing electrical issue.

Most tattlers have commented about Amurys absence impact on Lalande now living elsewhere. I guess he will try to stick to 9-5 mon-fri with possibly a French 2hr lunchbreak. Natti however is supposed to manage the bnb which is weekends only, so room prep, meet and greet, be there if issues arise , especially as we know SJ only returns in time for Saturday dinners, how will this pan out. She could do admin WFH in their new place. But significantly we know she hates to have to cook, will Amury only get empinadas and cold meals.

Rather than Amury and Natti returning for bnb dinners I heard her say 'joining them for Parties'.

Will SJ be blamed for their departure by not completing Nattis apartment.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Thanks @Karma baby! for the Patreon video. Although I missed the last two Patreon videos, I see now that I have nothing to regret.
- And so, A&N moved away. Well, for weeks Stephanie has been commenting in the kitchen in the morning that there is no one and that A&N have gone to get bread. Ha, ha. They didn't leave early, they didn't come yet. Basically, I don't really care who lives where and why.
- Interestingly, the trip to Dubai was for Tartan Gerry, but somehow all the posts from Dubai are full of MP. Gerry seems to have only bothered her there and served as a good excuse.
- Patreon numbers are still on a downward trajectory. Patreon video on Saturday. It's a surprise worth every dollar invested in SJ. Well, my dear Stephanie, I think it's too late for everything. People got tired.
- Stephanie's hands are full of paint. That still doesn't mean she painted anything. Guests will arrive just as they finish painting the walls, so they can watch the paint dry on the spot (and enjoy the smell). It is worth every dollar spent to come to France.
-Today I bought tickets for the concert of my favorite band (which are really expensive), but it doesn't matter. Life is Beautiful.
- Now I'm going to paint the walls in the hallway. I'll be sure to put a "Watching the paint dry" photo for you. There won't be any surprises and the color is still white.
Screenshot_20230420_082121_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Thanks @ComtesseRose for the thread @Karma baby! thanks for posting so everyone can watch I have the whole day to watch it in small chunks because she is so annoying note she only has paint on her hands none on her clothes. If you really are painting however cold the house you wouldn't need a cardigan. She has had the whole winter to get the place ready and she is painting a bathroom white. Little Greene would have sent samples moths ago in the post little Pube shouldn't have been going to London they are pathetic

Couple of patron comments these people are thick as mince THERE ARE NO PLAND FOR ANY OF THE SODDING APARTMENTS.

Cara M.
8h
Congrats Amaury and Nati (and Molly, too) on your first official home together as a family! Does this move cause any changes towards the plan for Nati’s apartment? Also, that view of the sunset and the tower from the window was so beautiful, I loved that perspective so much!

MaryEllen Meekins
7h
I was thinking the same thing about that view!
John Young
7h
How cool for Amaury and Nati and if they set up a YouTube channel I will support them too!

Sheree Jones
7h
Good decision for Armoury and Nati to move out I work from home and the balance is awful I find myself doing emails at ungodly hours always in call you do need a switch off time ❤

MaryEllen Meekins
7h
Thank you for taking the time to make this for us!!! Good luck! I said a prayer for you! I'm super excited to see these videos coming up!!! I'm glad Nati and Amaury got a place to retreat to. Did they take the furniture you bought for Nati's apartment with them? Or are you saving that for when the apartment is done? I assume the apartment, when it is finished, will now be used for guests? Oh! How about it being used for live in staff/volunteers like Pavlina?

Carol Pocklington
7h
Good move Amaury, Nati and Molly. wishing you all the very best in your new home.

Paula Cook
7h
I love whatever I can get about Chataeaux Lalande and its amazing people. But I must admit I do miss the old monthly review of expenditure (even tho that is none of my business), an overview of all projects, even if they are on hold. :) Also maybe not what is a project yet but some things you want to do, for example will the dining room table chairs be recovered?

David and Patti Ewing
6h
I enjoyed when they presented the projects and we got to vote.

Leah Uerkwitz
22min
Yes, it was always really fun to review the expenditures and to vote on the next goal!

THIS LAST COMMENT GETS RIGHT ON MY BLOODY NERVES THIS ARSE LICKER IS THERE EVERY WEEK JUSTIFYING FANNY. NO THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE SHE IS CHARGING£200 A NIGHT FOR A SHODDY ROOM SHE HAS HAD MONTHS TO GET THIS DONE BUT TOO BUSY TRAVELLING AND SHOPPING TO CARE ABOUT BOOKED IN GUESTS

Hope Grable
6h
Wonderful news about Amaury and Nattie. So happy for them!! Good luck with all the preparations. I'm certain everything will be just fine. The people coming to visit already know that Lalande is in a state of repair, so I'm sure they will be very gracious (hopefully) about all the work in progress happening around the chateau. Sending you all love and well wishes for a successful B&B season.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Congratulations to the top comments people.

it’s obviously that you are the preferred people here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
TorontoGWM said:

View attachment 2114018
Their benches are a temporary fix.
When they get the benches they want, these temporary benches will go into a gite.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
TorontoGWM said:

View attachment 2114018
It lacks any statement, the colours are all too safe there is no contrast or texture, nothing to ground the space and the lighting is mean just one teeny light over the island. It is neither modern or traditional. If you are going with light tiles on the wall and light work tops you need a contrasting floor or cabinets or to go all white but you still need textures. It looks like a morgue.
---
Ralph and Ann Specht
2h
Any update on the Lake and the Chapel?

Kathy Mann
3h
So happy for Amaury and Nattie. Maybe you & Phillip could move into Nattie's apartment once it's finished.
---
@Karma baby! hope you begin to feel physically better soon, mentally something like you have been through is a mind duck-make sure you drink lots of water keeping hydrated is son important for the prevention of clots. Glad you're back in the comments you will be in those handcuffs before you know it ha ha

Jennifer Cochrane

1h
Lovely to hear about Amaury and Nati. Stephanie do you plan to do another "projects update" in the near future? I would love to hear the outcome of the grand salon and chapel surveys which I think are imminent (?) and how this has affected all the other projects like the facade/lake and apartments projects and what the revised schedule of works now looks like. Also a round up of the smaller projects like the terrace steps and snagging would be interesting. There seems to be so much going on I'm losing track!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
You are so right, that is exactly what they are doing, done the butcher block formica until the real tops happen so why did he tile????

They assure us all they are going to reuse the formica on other projects.

Yeah right

Courtesy of Tui Beer.

Longish dark hair, dressed in what looks like label coat UHMMMMMMMMMM

Dana????????
It could be Dana.
Another possibility is it's someone connected to the camera crew.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The Le Fertes arrived back from England following a quick visit.
Adrian had a heavy cold and Carole's was just starting and getting worse.
Did they pull a Stephanie and retire to their sick bed?
Of course not, they just got on with it and cleared out the stables, as you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
All is not well at LieLande - nobody moves out for a work/life balance if they’re happy. Changes are afoot and our SJ may well be micro dosing her anti anxiety pills again.
Thank you @Karma baby! for the goss from your sickbed. Xoxox

• Heart
Reactions: 38
6. Choose the appropriate audio source, which should be your built-in microphone, or it could be called "MacBook microphone" or whatever your computer is called.
NOW, A BIG NOTE HERE. Assuming none of you have an external mic, a plugin or a recording studio, you're going to use your computer's microphone to capture the sound. This means the microphone will capture ALL the sounds in your surrounding. So, go somewhere quiet and don't make any noises until the recording is done!
I can recommend https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole This allows to directly record the sound output without the risk of capturing sounds in the vicinity. One can still shout at the computer how stupid they all are :)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.