The Chateau Diaries #234 LieLande you'd have to be mad to work there, just a coincidence that everyone is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need help with very few household items: with electricity (electricity is dangerous, so I don't play with it - fire, short circuit...), plumbing jobs (mostly because I don't have tools) and tilling the garden with a tiller (it scares me , a large and powerful machine - I am not strong enough to operate it safely).
The rest, pure enjoyment.
If I don't know, Google and YouTube know, books, friends, family..... Someone always knows.
I enjoy every little project I do: painting walls, restoring an old piece of furniture, assembling a new piece of furniture, recipes from all over the world (if I can get the ingredients), growing food, canning food, making cheeses and cream (the last one was clotted cream) and so.....
I mow the grass, trim, grow fruit trees and roses.....
My day is too short (and my resources are limited) for everything I would like to do
What do people who do nothing do all day???
As I promised: The last project! (Watching the paint dry)
I hear you ladies, I’m restoring my house myself as well, except for electrical which legally we have to get a licensed electrician to do, and complicated plumbing. Everything else I do myself, backbreaking but incredibly satisfying and I do a better job than tradies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I know exactly what you mean. I have become so much more critical recently, not just of others, but also of myself. In the UK, there used to be a TV programme called Grumpy Old Women and it consisted of various people moaning about things like hanging around on the telephone for ages listening to music while you just want to speak to a human, rather than a robot! I could make hundreds of those programmes nowadays!
[/QUOTE
if people would just stop doing things that cause me to be so critical........LOL!!
Exactly! I was inwardly furious when, recently, the supermarket checkout person was having a long chat with her colleague at the next checkout and wasn't concentrating at all on what she was doing. I had to restrain myself from saying something! It is good to know I am not alone in this!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Well, well, well my hags, it's about to be a very interesting season! Guests arriving in a literal working site, their rooms being either unsafe, crumbling or not ready. Intermittent hot water. No adult supervision apart from Maria who will be busy up to her ears as it is.

Cuz moving out is big. Lets not pretend the B&B will suffer without Nazi's permanent presence. With the way she was running it, it might actually do better without her. But Cuz was there for every emergency and menial task in the chateau, not to mention being noted on a couple of occasions as being the only chateau dweller to help out guests in need. He didn't move his entire workshop and life to the heap thinking he was going to be moving away before a single panel has been installed. There's been a rift.

He's not moving in with Nutty - he's moving away from the chateau and Fanny. He's setting boundaries. Good for him.
Now be rid of Nutty and find yourself some warm, loving woman who will cook you a hearty meal at the end of a long day. Maybe he might regain some of his previous physical shine as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thanks @ComtesseRose for the thread @Karma baby! thanks for posting so everyone can watch I have the whole day to watch it in small chunks because she is so annoying note she only has paint on her hands none on her clothes. If you really are painting however cold the house you wouldn't need a cardigan. She has had the whole winter to get the place ready and she is painting a bathroom white. Little Greene would have sent samples moths ago in the post little Pube shouldn't have been going to London they are pathetic

Couple of patron comments these people are thick as mince THERE ARE NO PLAND FOR ANY OF THE SODDING APARTMENTS.

Cara M.
8h
Congrats Amaury and Nati (and Molly, too) on your first official home together as a family! Does this move cause any changes towards the plan for Nati’s apartment? Also, that view of the sunset and the tower from the window was so beautiful, I loved that perspective so much!

MaryEllen Meekins
7h
I was thinking the same thing about that view!
John Young
7h
How cool for Amaury and Nati and if they set up a YouTube channel I will support them too!

Sheree Jones
7h
Good decision for Armoury and Nati to move out I work from home and the balance is awful I find myself doing emails at ungodly hours always in call you do need a switch off time ❤

MaryEllen Meekins
7h
Thank you for taking the time to make this for us!!! Good luck! I said a prayer for you! I'm super excited to see these videos coming up!!! I'm glad Nati and Amaury got a place to retreat to. Did they take the furniture you bought for Nati's apartment with them? Or are you saving that for when the apartment is done? I assume the apartment, when it is finished, will now be used for guests? Oh! How about it being used for live in staff/volunteers like Pavlina?

Carol Pocklington
7h
Good move Amaury, Nati and Molly. wishing you all the very best in your new home.

Paula Cook
7h
I love whatever I can get about Chataeaux Lalande and its amazing people. But I must admit I do miss the old monthly review of expenditure (even tho that is none of my business), an overview of all projects, even if they are on hold. :) Also maybe not what is a project yet but some things you want to do, for example will the dining room table chairs be recovered?

David and Patti Ewing
6h
I enjoyed when they presented the projects and we got to vote.

Leah Uerkwitz
22min
Yes, it was always really fun to review the expenditures and to vote on the next goal!

THIS LAST COMMENT GETS RIGHT ON MY BLOODY NERVES THIS ARSE LICKER IS THERE EVERY WEEK JUSTIFYING FANNY. NO THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE SHE IS CHARGING£200 A NIGHT FOR A SHODDY ROOM SHE HAS HAD MONTHS TO GET THIS DONE BUT TOO BUSY TRAVELLING AND SHOPPING TO CARE ABOUT BOOKED IN GUESTS

Hope Grable
6h
Wonderful news about Amaury and Nattie. So happy for them!! Good luck with all the preparations. I'm certain everything will be just fine. The people coming to visit already know that Lalande is in a state of repair, so I'm sure they will be very gracious (hopefully) about all the work in progress happening around the chateau. Sending you all love and well wishes for a successful B&B season.
Does @Clara Burnett know the whereabouts of their new gaff? How long ago did they move out? Is there going to be a housewarming party 🥳🎉🤔☺

Reactions: 21
I totally get it! I have enjoyed Camilla and Ollie's vlogs, even though some of what they do and say is really annoying. But, these days, I seem to find myself getting annoyed easily in my real life, so maybe I'm just becoming a crotchety old lady? God help my husband if that's the case! But I like how Ollie & Camilla do something different every week and show different areas of where they live, which seems very important to them to show. I haven't watched much of Viv and Simon since she became ill and got better. I don't think they vlogged with much regularity prior to her becoming ill. I really like Simon but something about Viv is really grating to me. It's not her laugh as some have mentioned, I really can't pinpoint it. But she seems nice. I might go back and catch up on some of their vlogs.

At the end of the day, both of these couples seem nice and don't intentionally set out to hurt anyone. That's all I can ask, especially when comparing them to Stephanie Jarvis.
i like them both also such a change from Fanny

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I noticed that Fanny had bought herself the ridiculously expensive and colourful Easter chicken biscuits from Fortnum and Mason. Kirsten and Joerg also had those biscuits, having just gone downmarket and done a whole vlog about Tesco Easter Eggs! I think F & M is more to their usual taste of buying upmarket brands!

Reactions: 16
"Squirrel is chasing out everyone. Maria will slap him or hit him soon, good." I'd watch a video. Her number would be insane.
I'd pay money. If Maria was to open a "Slap Snorts" Patreon it would be the first pledge I would make in my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Exactly! I was inwardly furious when, recently, the supermarket checkout person was having a long chat with her colleague at the next checkout and wasn't concentrating at all on what she was doing. I had to restrain myself from saying something! It is good to know I am not alone in this!
Customer service is a thing of the past...Customer is treated with disdain of they date to make a comment or criticism. I went to collect my partners prescription from. The hospital yesterday to be told it had already been collected! I questioned this as my partner has a brain injury so does not go anywhere unless I take him. She says he must have arranged for someone to collect on his behalf. I reiterated what I had just told her and she said well someone had collected it. My response was, obviously the medication has been given out to the wrong person as nobody was asked to collect on his behalf. She was trying to make the situation fit her story. I hope someone gets a rollicking as it was an Injection which contained small doses of chemotherapy. They had to re prescribe while I waited.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Customer service is a thing of the past...Customer is treated with disdain of they date to make a comment or criticism. I went to collect my partners prescription from. The hospital yesterday to be told it had already been collected! I questioned this as my partner has a brain injury so does not go anywhere unless I take him. She says he must have arranged for someone to collect on his behalf. I reiterated what I had just told her and she said well someone had collected it. My response was, obviously the medication has been given out to the wrong person as nobody was asked to collect on his behalf. She was trying to make the situation fit her story. I hope someone gets a rollicking as it was an Injection which contained small doses of chemotherapy. They had to re prescribe while I waited.
Oh that is so annoying and just admit that a mistake has happened it is hard enough having someone you love poorly with out bloody jobsworths xxxx

• Heart
Here's a thought 🤔 what if Amury's influence has rubbed off on natty and in leaving the shitoo she's turned over a new leaf? What if she was a biatch because she was in full and constant contact with the bad apple. Imagine if now she's escaped she's seen the light... What a gas if she would only spill the beans!!
Tho hold on, that all may be a bit far fetched 😂😂 and once a biatch always a biatch 🤷
Doubt it. As someone who has an insensitive streak I've been working on my entire adult life (and could be connected with being on the spectrum) which does indeed become worse when under stress and duress I can tell you game recognises game. Nutty is a nasty, by nature or nurture or maybe both, but definitely not just due to current circumstances. Us domineering women would do well to recognise you get more flies with honey and there are no excuses for being cunty. Softness is a virtue, not a weakness.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I think the majority of women do get stuck in and have a go and learn. And want to have a go and learn. Women like to push the boundaries. Unfortunately there is always a percentage that can't do, won't do (and it doesn't help that there partners pander to them and put them on pedestals). And that percentage gives a bad rap to those that can do, will do.
Let's face it as humans of whatever gender/orientation/ pronouns we have workers and shirkers, those who do and those who don't, those who can't be bothered and those who don't care. What I cannot stand are people who do not even try or offer a helping hand at the very least. CHMN seems to attract the negatives of this world who become idle as is the way once they get into Stephanies Web.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I might be the odd one out but... I have never relied on a man or anyone else. If I don't know something I learn it. I take care of everything in the cottage, I build, fix plumbing, electrics and I cook. I learn from.books and videos. For Nati to say she can't cook is silly to me. Then learn. Try different recipes some work some don't. You can have 5-6 go to meals. To make your partner work and come home to cook for you is selfish. Like I said maybe I am the odd one. But totally self sufficient I like it. (just built a shed last week)
You are not odd. Everyone should strive to be self-sufficient, regardless of gender. That is not to say one isn't to accept help or divide tasks according to strengths and temperament in a couple, but refusing to learn how to be self reliant is shameful in my opinion.

My partner kept praising me for doing the simplest of tasks which I always found off because while he did come from a fairly religious and patriarchal culture it's not like the women in his family didn't work a lot, and his exposure to regular Dutch society should have also gotten him used to this already. He genuinely thought it was amazing I could solve my (normal) adult problems, and I had to tell him to stop as it was annoying me :LOL:

• Heart
'All projects will slow down now' . . . Lordy, everything happens at a snail's pace as it is.
I reckon it will be years till the upstairs disaster bedrooms and the Grand Salon are sorted out, at least five years. There'll be various "necessary surveys" before anything is started, and maybe a huge collapse in the meantime. That will keep the begging going for considerably longer and, no doubt, there will be a few tearful vlogs with the poor little actress sitting forlornly in a darkened room, weeping and seeking sympathy.
---
especi
ally when it is on the WWW for everyone to see. I wonder how many who knew Philip in the Netherlands pre lalalande just shake their heads re the relationship.
I'm sure his former peers and colleagues are in stitches watching him and the LL crew. It must be hugely entertaining for them. They are probably rolling around on the floor laughing at him!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I reckon it will be years till the upstairs disaster bedrooms and the Grand Salon are sorted out at least five years. There'll be various "necessary surveys" before anything is started, and maybe a huge collapse in the meantime. That will keep the begging going for considerably longer and, no doubt, there will be a few tearful vlogs with the poor little actress sitting forlornly in a darkened room, weeping and seeking sympathy.
---

I'm sure his former peers and colleagues are in stitches watching him and the LL crew. It must be hugely entertaining for them. They are probably rolling around on the floor laughing at him!
She hasn't even mentioned the Grand Salon, Chapel or Lake for months.

• Heart
I seriously think that Nati and Amorie are making money on the payroll at the dump. They may or may not have had to pay room and board. So if you didn't have a mortgage, gas and electric, cable/internet taxes, food bills etc. and were getting paid a weekly wage..... how much money could you save???? enough for a house and car???? it's all smoke and mirrors we only know what she wants to show us.... I bet Amorie starts a business of his own and works at the shatooo only once in a while. in the mean time Kevin can fix all the "stuff" that he has not had time to get to in all the time he has been there - doing what???? digging granite ??
Armoire certainly doesn't have to be on site to build radiator covers.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
dadea6a1-5334-42ed-93d0-ea9e1889a80a_text.gif

Jason Dubey is not happy about his Paris room rental. Sounds similar to Chateau de Lalande.

"Now you guys, staying in Paris for work has some perks, but I didn't find those in this thousand Euro per night room in the West Bank, where the teeny tiny sink didn't drain, the elevator looked like a death trap straight to hell, and when you order three eggs scrambled, they bring you three scrambled eggs! Not to mention the actual water dripping from the ceiling in the suite's narrow hallway in the room which turned from clear to brown until they could fix it the next morning, and all the phone lines to the hotel OUT, including from the rooms AND the outside land line to the hotel. Who do you call if there is a fire? At least there where three narrow balconies off the sixth floor suite! You could jumo on a broomstick and fly out"

1682071034624.png
1682071006104.png
1682071069314.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
They are going to meet up at the Chelsea Flower Show again which is a total joke because she still doesn’t have a garden and hasn’t installed any of the tit from last year yet. She is such a waste of space
How many more thousands is she going to waste at Chelsea this year? We haven't even seen last year's purchases being installed. Chelsea is obviously now going to be an annual thing to attend. I'm surprised she's not started attending Henley Regatta or Ladies' Day at Royal Ascot; she's got a few suitable hats for that!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.