The Chateau Diaries #233 Lie-Lande, it's halfway to completion or halfway to disintegrating!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recall when Snorts first arrived at the Shitoo, it was mentioned he was an Engineer… so table scapingscaping was never his first career choice. I wonder what salary he makes for his efforts?
stuffing his hamster cheeks, relentless boozing and swinging, servicing and being carer to Fanny, frequenting antique shops, obsessing over woodland creatures, brooch collecting and holidaying…
My opinion of the lad leads me to believe that was a big porky pie to ensure he was accepted as a volunteer. An engineer would have been useful, and yet here we are … boyband / waiter / interior designer advisor / antiques expert / hand maiden / actor / tablescaper / nanny / travel companion / fashionista / project manager / tour guide / cutlery connoisseur …..

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I thought Philips skills were uphosltery, but maybe wrong, thats why raised eyebrows when he bought a chair to learn how to reupholster.

Then I thought another petulent Philip thing, jealous of Terry from lalacelle who does a great job.
The chair will be sitting somewhere and nothing will be done to it.

Reactions: 28
Interesting: Puy Vidal's video Easter at Fanny's has only 24,000 views. Very little, considering that some of their old posts have a lot more views.
Those Chateau YouTubers can't understand that Fanny's "army" will not cross over to them. Fanny's army is not really big, but it is very aggressive. Well, Fanny's army doesn't even watch her videos because it's obvious that she has a lot more subscribers than views. Even when it is taken into account that many people watch the video (for research purposes like me, for example), but are not subscribed, the statistics are even worse.
I think that Fanny's fake high popularity is contributed by the fact that she has some very aggressive fans and a large number of adoring commenters.
That's it.
By associating with Fanny, at this point, he can only draw commenters angry at the CD and that's exactly what happened.
I don't watch the Puy Vidal channel, I never have, and I certainly won't now.
many people probably forgot that they subscribed. i have cca 100 subscribed channels, but regulary watch maybe 10.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I can't believe Philip doesn't see how he is playing Russian Roulette with his future. When Fanny tires of him which surely she will, what sort of future or career can he carve out for himself. He has no education and no real work experience, he doesn't own his own property. Why is he not wanting to make a meaningful career for himself? Why does he not want an education? It is very very strange he has no drive or ambition. He is a self proclaimed design guru and although he lacks formal training he also lacks that important gift an eye for design. He can't even visualise the size of ceiling lights for the hall, or see an over mantel mirror would look awful in the Marquis Salon with no mantel. He has no sense of colour or layout either. Robert Kime had no formal training in design or antiques but boy he had the eye.

On my house renovation I didn't buy two of each light fitting to see what would look good, I knew when I saw a piece that it would be right and it was. Snorts can't do this and I actually think underneath all his bravado and mincing swagger he is very insecure which is why he tries to be an authority on something.
He is floundering. But what is maddening is that on each endeavor he attempts, he has to "act" like he is an expert at it!
First....upholstery. Haven't seen any work since he first ingratiated himself with ol' Fanny.

Secondly... Porcelain ( why can't they just say china or dishes???). All he can pick out is ugly "dishes" circa 1969 that his grandpa likes.

Thirdly.... He pretends to be a junk store, thrift, Picker expert....except he picks...AGAIN...1970'S light fixtures, clothes (except for the 1980 grandma duds he chooses to dress his Fanny in ), and MORE fugly dishes!

And now he is under the illusion that he is an architect, map reader, blue print expert...because he can open a book and read. Wow. Amazing.

And yet, Fanny praises him to no end , like you would to a child trying to find what he is good at in life.
And takes everything he says as God's gospel truth. Indulges his horrific taste and over spending! Because she, too, has no clue.

Fanny. Just accept it. Your little, gay best friend has no skills at the present time except for kissing your ass, carrying your purse, and taking you shopping to spend Patreon money. He is just driving Miss Daisy....and that be you!

P.S. HOW COULD I FORGET!!! He thinks be is a master table setter!!! Yes! For children's birthday parties MAYBE!
Yet he can't tell a salad fork from a serving spoon. ( Fanny we love when you ask him on camera what certain dishes or silver ware are used for, fully knowing that the dumbass does NOT have a clue and throws out the wrong answer...but always in his smug, know-it-all manner!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
In regards to Puy Vidal I remember that there was water pouring into a turret. Was this the leaking shower or a problem with the roof?
The problem was that they relied on the “expertise” of Miss Fanny Con Artist and Master No Nothing. I don’t believe they hired an inspector before buying. I’m sure they would probably have done this if buying in the US.
I think the mother is an airhead. Remember she was worried when they first arrived that they didn’t have proper wine glasses! That’s always the first thing one needs to be worried about!
oh wow ! They didn’t have a survey or inspection before buying ?? Oh wow that deff a must ! Ours in 2000 for a 1904 built house ended up a book and any sane person would have declined to buy 😂 BUT we were forearmed and knew every detail that needed to be done (and turned out not as bad as said survey said phew !) but anyone who buys something this size of a chateau without this must be utterly bonkers 😛

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Stephanie

Holy crap! This video is worth watching. This couple stayed for 2 days. They had to make dinner for 14 people upon their arrival at 7pm, and dinner was at 9pm. They also had to go do all the clean up. She was then tasked of counting all the shutter dogs (snicker), repainting Isabelle’s “hideous” coffee table, refinishing and repainting a ginormous wardrobe. This is insane how much they were expected to do to “earn their keep”. They were there on Kat’s James Bond themed birthday. She showed that they wash their limes by putting them in the dishwasher? Gross! I bet they were never so glad that they only stayed for 2 days! A couple of screenshots for you.

Good find, @Gertrude Maud!
---

I think it’s totally creepy that he keeps his profile picture of him looking like he’s about 17 years old. It’s gross enough that he could be Stephanie’s son. He needs to update that picture asap. He looks like a little boy with that big tit eating grin on his face.
He did mention in the ‘ workshop’ the chaos of Lalande…. They saw it.
And yes cooking, and…washing up for 14 people with dietary requirements including one no salt……In not only an unfamiliar kitchen but a filthy disorderly one.
Was Isabel doing the rotas or Natty when they were there?
Imagine working for Isabel in the care home. She’s a witch.

• Heart
I take it all back and apologise to my fellow tattlers and Chateau de Burge. Its Anders, anything for clickbait. Will it be interesting how much he charges for a van load of chandiliers. Didn't Stephaine get hers gifted, but Clara said she ahd seen a cheque for 33K .

Never watched that CD episode, will go back on my word and watch this one, something might slip from Anders.

So pleased it wasn't Selmar, I also give him a tick where ever he might be, for not continuing to use the lalalande association.
I’ll never believe again in anything that you say ..

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@RubyT if they did I certainly do not remember as others have mentioned they relied on the gruesome twosome and Davie. I might reluctantly have to go back and watch the vlog where the three of them visit the Château. Instead of it being a private video to the prospective buyers Miss Con Artist had to show it to get clicks.

Reactions: 16
Snorty lacks spatial awareness & the ability to visualize (2 key skills on an interior designer/decorator) - thus him trying to stuff a mirror above the fireplace in the dining room in a space where it doesn't fit.
His bathroom idea😂
He has yet to make some pink toile curtains and knit a doll to put over the loo rolls.
He will hang a lovely photo of Fanny on the wall above the plug.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
We learnt from "It's a wonderful life" that there is a 10 year post selling a property where the seller is responsible for issues, would this be the case for PV. Today's vlog from IAWL they show a derelict maison de maitre in Aubusson for 150k euro and offer to aid anyone interested in pursuing.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Phyllis hasn’t worked out either that SJ’s fans will not follow him if he decides to take his channel seriously. The CD militia are fiercely loyal to SJ, and SJ only. Well, he’d only have a few incomplete services to make table scapes with and no table let alone a place to display his hideous work. He’s not the brightest spark. If he had any intelligence he’d get that shop up and running as his own going concern and make an independent income whilst he still has SJ’s ear. When SJ says it’s over he’s fucked from that very moment. Quite sad really.
He’s had help with that from Jared and Potts . He is not a curator . It’s an opportunity to buy more stuff with Fanny’s money for content as has been mentioned here…

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I actually kind of remember this too…I think he said he was studying engineering at college. He should go re-enroll stat. So, he probably took one semester and some “intro to Engineering” class and claimed he was an engineer. Who knows. Weird leap from boy band and musical actor to studying to be an engineer.

Last edited:
I take it all back and apologise to my fellow tattlers and Chateau de Burge. Its Anders, anything for clickbait. Will it be interesting how much he charges for a van load of chandiliers. Didn't Stephaine get hers gifted, but Clara said she ahd seen a cheque for 33K .

Never watched that CD episode, will go back on my word and watch this one, something might slip from Anders.

So pleased it wasn't Selmar, I also give him a tick where ever he might be, for not continuing to use the lalalande association.
Selmar is back in Holland visiting his mother and taking part in a mystical danz🕺🏽💃

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Puy Vidal comments still coming in:

QZJ4C_ciUKQVpptvf_VMzDfw=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Zed Blackworth
1 day ago
Why are you deleting comments? It seems so odd to me to delete comments from your viewers? I understand if some are insulting or overstep the mark of decency, but you have literally deleted tonnes of just mild observations too.

13 replies

CCe4aC2H-W7XTkEmRlQth-ok=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

No sunshine ☀
1 day ago (edited)
I guess they see it as trolling Phillip and lalande..and muting viewers as well. Shame really

Zed Blackworth
1 day ago (edited)
@No sunshine ☀ can understand deleting some of the nasty comments, he may not be everyones cup of tea, but no need for character assassination on here

No sunshine ☀
1 day ago
@Zed Blackworth a lot of people dislike him, I can understand why I am not a fan either. There are forums to discuss his personality, but not here.

VAHHJyLlU3aUg1fnL-AqjeOq=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Rosemary Baker
20 hours ago
@No sunshine ☀ And why shouldn't it be discussed here? He's in their vlog, isn't he, and they are pretending he's some sort of expert because he looked at some old architectural drawings one afternoon. It's about time this double standard that these bloggers use (not only deciding what we can and can not see, but also trying to regulate what we talk about) is being put to shame. It's not a fait way to make money this way and it goes against all that Americans should be proud of: freedom of speech, remember?

No sunshine ☀
19 hours ago
@Rosemary Baker first I am not American, nor British for that matter. All I know is, if they can mute trump, anyone can be muted
emoji_u1f606.png
. I get that many, like myself, dislike Phillip, but to troll him in this channel is wrong. If you want to discuss freely there are several other channels. Stephanie and Phillip are very much aware that many dislike the abuse of patreon, exploitation of volunteers (wherekelseyis for starts), crying poverty while travelling/ buying designer stuff. Etc etc . But we can comment on their own forum, if you are brave on tattle life or chateau teapot, chateau chat, behind the chateau door. In the end of the day, she may be attracting vulnerable people but has aged so much in the past 2 years…
Read more

Rosemary Baker
18 hours ago
@No sunshine ☀ Following your own reasoning you should tell Stephanie that she's aged on her own channel too. Trolling is always wrong, but when these people show themselves in a certain role only, like Philip did in this vlog, viewers should be able to comment, and not just positive, but really speak their minds.

No sunshine ☀
18 hours ago (edited)
@Rosemary Baker I was a patron, the minute I asked a question, Stephanie muted me and deleted my comment, and I deleted my patron membership and unsubscribed. I am not on tattle life, but I am vocal on other channels about her. I just think here is not the place …

Rosemary Baker
9 hours ago
@No sunshine ☀ I was a patron too, asked a question and ended up like you. Not on tattle either. These comment sections are public and within the limits of decency everything the content brings forward can be discussed without interference of moderators or channel owners, just because their feelings get hurt. It's part of the deal of putting your life out there this way and making money with it. Again, he was in their vlog and became part of their content so it's only fair to talk about it and him and his pretentious "advice' giving.

Zed Blackworth
7 hours ago
@Rosemary Baker just bad business sense and very arrogant and short sighted, at this point Chateau Diaries is not about renovations it has become farcical

Rosemary Baker
2 hours ago
@Zed Blackworth I agree, farcical but not much to laugh about anymore. I guess the free money finally started yielding its toll. Still, by pretending Phillip Janssen, a 25 year old school drop out, is the one to turn to when advice is needed about chateau architecture and renovations, this family proves to be way more ignorant than I expected. Shame really.

No sunshine ☀
2 hours ago
@Zed Blackworth I am old enough and wise to realise that Philip knew exactly what he was doing when he arrived at lalande. He said his mother watched the chateau diaries and told him about it, later on stephanie claims that Philip came via workaway (interesting since Stephanie has been banned from it for exploiting volunteers). He saw an opportunity and took it, a life of tea pots, dressing up and travelling. I respect that the “lady of the chateau” crowd see them as friends. I hope they have read some comments, and instead of blaming on trolls, and ignoring it, I hope they took a few minutes to reflect in what is going on. I will paste a post, which I read a while back and disturbed me (maybe because I have a teenager daughter). I am aware I will be deleted, muted etc so be it. Read it chateau ladies! I was EXPLOITED! July 29, 2016: Tons of great reviews should mean it’s safe, right? WRONG! I was told I could paint and decorate before I arrived. On the way “yea, just tell us what you want to do”. But, no. I had to do the laundry for 17 turning BnB bedrooms and cleaning each room/en suite bathroom. Plus, all the breakfast/lunch dishes for 15-30 ppl. They kept promising me “oh after tomorrow” etc. You’re supposed to work 4-5 hrs/day with 2 days off/wk. But, I was always pushed to do more by her lieutenant mother. “The bedding on the line is dry” at 7pm, after working since 10am. I didn’t get any days off either. Yet, three British guy helpers could paint the barn from 9-12 and then go frolicking during afternoons, even using the host’s car. Despite the host’s daily trips to town, it took a week to get a card when my great uncle died. Looking back, idk how I even managed to stay the whole two weeks. Maybe it was the false promises of decorating/painting another day. Maybe it was the vivacious and entertaining host who threw costume dinner parties, karaoke nights, and once or twice took some of us on mini excursions to a winery and festival. I wanted to leave soon after I arrived, but I felt a responsibility to my word. I was naive. They had a helper come to cook for everyone, but she was nasty. It didn’t matter, they needed her because they were short staffed. I wish I had left early. That was when I learned to look out for myself. I’m embarrassed by the amount of hours they made me work. I was exploited. It’s humiliating. This host now has a massive following from being on a television show, and I’m sure, totally unaware of being exploitive because as she said “why complain if people are willing to come work for free”. They claim they don’t have the funds to run the chateau, but she also can travel to 5 star hotels, own plethoras of designer clothes and shoes, all while still owning a flat in London! #priorites
Show less

Rosemary Baker
2 hours ago
@No sunshine ☀ My remark about being American enough to value free speech wasn't aimed at you, obviously, but at this family who lived in the States long enough to know that trying to shut people up from speaking their truth could become real ugly real soon.

No sunshine ☀
1 hour ago (edited)
@Rosemary Baker I am lucky enough to have visited 29 American states. Freedom of speech? Far from it … American dream?! Awful legal corrupt system. I won’t enter in politics, but the ladies probably saw the comments as trolling. Trolling is illegal. One thing is to say I don’t like him (that’s your opinion), another thing is to post in every single comment something bad about an individual, just to cause a reaction (that is not freedom of speech but trolling..).

Fast 800 journey & life beyond
4 hours ago
Great video but strange you don’t see Stephanie once as the hostess, I’ve watched her Easter video where she is everywhere, does she not allow herself to be filmed by others ?

3 replies

Zed Blackworth
4 hours ago (edited)
she is the star turn in her eyes, they all need to be her vlog fodder but it is not reciprocated see how annoyed she is on Manor and Maker to get caught on camera. No real hospitality given either about enough food for for 15-20 people.

Rosemary Baker
2 hours ago
@Zed Blackworth I stayed at her chateau for two nights when I was still a patron. She didn't even showed herself once, even though according to Natalia she was home. Maybe she was pissed because we went out for dinner and didn't book the dinner with her and her boyfriend.

No sunshine ☀
2 hours ago
@Rosemary Baker I read a post of someone that stayed there, and they were asked if they wanted Stephanie to wave them goodbye
emoji_u1f605.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
In regards to Puy Vidal I remember that there was water pouring into a turret. Was this the leaking shower or a problem with the roof?
The problem was that they relied on the “expertise” of Miss Fanny Con Artist and Master No Nothing. I don’t believe they hired an inspector before buying. I’m sure they would probably have done this if buying in the US.
I think the mother is an airhead. Remember she was worried when they first arrived that they didn’t have proper wine glasses! That’s always the first thing one needs to be worried about!
I have a feeling the roof was a seperate issue, blocked guttering maybe. The shower problem was that it had been letting water by the shower door, obviously for some time. Also there could have been leaking pipework underneath the shower tray as that whole cubicle was raised up off the floor. Old tiles, old grout, old sealant around the tray, will all let water if they're rotting. It happens eventually over time and it seemed that no updates had been done in years.
---
Love it!

Get in there No sunshine ☀ and Rosemary Baker, tell it how it is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Hummm is No Sunshine a Tattler, a lurker? Rosemary if you are not here you need to come into the light and share baby! We won’t bite well maybe just a little love bite or two!
Zed Blackworth I have feeling you are already here!

Reactions: 26
A little off topic, and we haven't talked about food for a long time.
I recently baked scones for the first time in my life. I've never eaten them or seen them live, but I think they turned out ok.
Now, as I like to cook according to original recipes and serve food with original ingredients, I have a problem:
Clotted cream is not available for purchase here. I found on the internet that it can be made, but I am confused by two types of recipes.
Of course, I would start with the original ingredient, which is milk.
Is this a good recipe?

Or this other recipe?
It confuses me a bit because in the end the result is not the same.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.