The Chateau Diaries #233 Lie-Lande, it's halfway to completion or halfway to disintegrating!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PhiPhi offering any kind of assistance with layout or design is ridiculous. Even though he hasn’t been “formally” trained, Michael Petherick would be a much better choice for design advice (yes, I complimented Teabag…don’t pass out @HalcyonOrganic ! 😄). I have no idea why anyone would take PhiPhi seriously. One look at his pathetic YouTube channel (his “portfolio”) is all you need to know. 🙄
CD64EF3D-27E8-44D2-8A9F-1BE5679BDD51.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Stephanie

Holy crap! This video is worth watching. This couple stayed for 2 days. They had to make dinner for 14 people upon their arrival at 7pm, and dinner was at 9pm. They also had to go do all the clean up. She was then tasked of counting all the shutter dogs (snicker), repainting Isabelle’s “hideous” coffee table, refinishing and repainting a ginormous wardrobe. This is insane how much they were expected to do to “earn their keep”. They were there on Kat’s James Bond themed birthday. She showed that they wash their limes by putting them in the dishwasher? Gross! I bet they were never so glad that they only stayed for 2 days! A couple of screenshots for you.

Good find, @Gertrude Maud!
---

I think it’s totally creepy that he keeps his profile picture of him looking like he’s about 17 years old. It’s gross enough that he could be Stephanie’s son. He needs to update that picture asap. He looks like a little boy with that big tit eating grin on his face.
I know what I'd have done.................left. That really was taking the piss expecting them to do all of that on arrival!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
PhiPhi offering any kind of assistance with layout or design is ridiculous. Even though he hasn’t been “formally” trained, Michael Petherick would be a much better choice for design advice (yes, I complimented Teabag…don’t pass out @HalcyonOrganic ! 😄). I have no idea why anyone would take PhiPhi seriously. One look at his pathetic YouTube channel (his “portfolio”) is all you need to know. 🙄
But Fanny doesn’t care about the interiors.. don’t think for a minute she cares, it is only content making to gain YouTube revenue, everything is wonderful from everyone, her main objective pacifier, keep all sweet and churn out as many videos as possible. ££££

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Stephanie

Holy crap! This video is worth watching. This couple stayed for 2 days. They had to make dinner for 14 people upon their arrival at 7pm, and dinner was at 9pm. They also had to go do all the clean up. She was then tasked of counting all the shutter dogs (snicker), repainting Isabelle’s “hideous” coffee table, refinishing and repainting a ginormous wardrobe. This is insane how much they were expected to do to “earn their keep”. They were there on Kat’s James Bond themed birthday. She showed that they wash their limes by putting them in the dishwasher? Gross! I bet they were never so glad that they only stayed for 2 days! A couple of screenshots for you.

Good find, @Gertrude Maud!
---

I think it’s totally creepy that he keeps his profile picture of him looking like he’s about 17 years old. It’s gross enough that he could be Stephanie’s son. He needs to update that picture asap. He looks like a little boy with that big tit eating grin on his face.
One of my favourite bits is when they're refinishing the furniture and husband Nick says . . . and here we are working in the chaos of Le Lande . . .
I thought . . . buddy . . . things haven't changed . . . it's still flipping chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
But Fanny doesn’t care about the interiors.. don’t think for a minute she cares, it is only content making to gain YouTube revenue, everything is wonderful from everyone, her main objective pacifier, keep all sweet and churn out as many videos as possible. ££££
Oh yes, Fanny is nothing but a con artist. Collecting buckets of money every month with promises of renovations but nothing to show. Delay, delay, delay…keep promising…excuses, excuses, excuses…just keep collecting the money. It’s almost like Mel Brooks’ The Producers, where Fanny is the “producer” who hires the worst help and gets nothing done to con old ladies out of their retirement income. Except The Producers is a fictional comedy while Fanny’s LaLande is real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I can't believe Philip doesn't see how he is playing Russian Roulette with his future. When Fanny tires of him which surely she will, what sort of future or career can he carve out for himself. He has no education and no real work experience, he doesn't own his own property. Why is he not wanting to make a meaningful career for himself? Why does he not want an education? It is very very strange he has no drive or ambition. He is a self proclaimed design guru and although he lacks formal training he also lacks that important gift an eye for design. He can't even visualise the size of ceiling lights for the hall, or see an over mantel mirror would look awful in the Marquis Salon with no mantel. He has no sense of colour or layout either. Robert Kime had no formal training in design or antiques but boy he had the eye.

On my house renovation I didn't buy two of each light fitting to see what would look good, I knew when I saw a piece that it would be right and it was. Snorts can't do this and I actually think underneath all his bravado and mincing swagger he is very insecure which is why he tries to be an authority on something.
Snorty lacks spatial awareness & the ability to visualize (2 key skills on an interior designer/decorator) - thus him trying to stuff a mirror above the fireplace in the dining room in a space where it doesn't fit.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
There are some people that have never been to school for or been trained in design that are design enthusiasts and have a real passion for it. Philip is not one of these people. He’s tacky with bad taste. He has no history of good design choices or beautifully finished projects. Philip is just pretending to be a talented grown up. No one really takes him seriously. Philip is a joke.🦔👢
Some of the very finest decorators had no specific education in the field. Dorothy Draper, Sister Parish, Sybil Colefax and John Fowler are all now dead, but their aesthetic is still influencing design today. The only thing PhiPhi will influence will be the destruction of his partner in crime and the collapse of her formerly fortified farmhouse.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I recall when Snorts first arrived at the Shitoo, it was mentioned he was an Engineer… so table scapingscaping was never his first career choice. I wonder what salary he makes for his efforts?
stuffing his hamster cheeks, relentless boozing and swinging, servicing and being carer to Fanny, frequenting antique shops, obsessing over woodland creatures, brooch collecting and holidaying…
Snorty an Engineer???? Maybe an Engineer of toy trains.
1681648275259.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I always think, with a mirror above a fireplace, there is a risk of your 100 Stars flammable viscose robe catching fire when you are admiring yourself in the mirror.

Sorry if this is a sensitive subject for you @MRShavershamsdress

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Oh yes, Fanny is nothing but a con artist. Collecting buckets of money every month with promises of renovations but nothing to show. Delay, delay, delay…keep promising…excuses, excuses, excuses…just keep collecting the money. It’s almost like Mel Brooks’ The Producers, where Fanny is the “producer” who hires the worst help and gets nothing done to con old ladies out of their retirement income. Except The Producers is a fictional comedy while Fanny’s LaLande is real life.
Perfect description right there.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I can't believe Philip doesn't see how he is playing Russian Roulette with his future. When Fanny tires of him which surely she will, what sort of future or career can he carve out for himself. He has no education and no real work experience, he doesn't own his own property. Why is he not wanting to make a meaningful career for himself? Why does he not want an education? It is very very strange he has no drive or ambition. He is a self proclaimed design guru and although he lacks formal training he also lacks that important gift an eye for design. He can't even visualise the size of ceiling lights for the hall, or see an over mantel mirror would look awful in the Marquis Salon with no mantel. He has no sense of colour or layout either. Robert Kime had no formal training in design or antiques but boy he had the eye.

On my house renovation I didn't buy two of each light fitting to see what would look good, I knew when I saw a piece that it would be right and it was. Snorts can't do this and I actually think underneath all his bravado and mincing swagger he is very insecure which is why he tries to be an authority on something.
Phyllis hasn’t worked out either that SJ’s fans will not follow him if he decides to take his channel seriously. The CD militia are fiercely loyal to SJ, and SJ only. Well, he’d only have a few incomplete services to make table scapes with and no table let alone a place to display his hideous work. He’s not the brightest spark. If he had any intelligence he’d get that shop up and running as his own going concern and make an independent income whilst he still has SJ’s ear. When SJ says it’s over he’s fucked from that very moment. Quite sad really.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just started to watch the Puy Vidal vlogs from the start - the moving in and carrying of heavy furniture etc all seems to be done by the girls not seen the dad yet did he move with them ?
Seems a lovely building with no major structural works to be done - love the courtyard
Much water damage from a leaking shower means the Puy Vidals must rebuild an entire floor of an entire wing. I reckon they are looking at a bill in the 100 thousand €'s. Do none of these chateau living dreamers do their due diligence on the structural integrity of the building? It seems not.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Mamma Puy uses a very low bar to measure success if she thinks Natti & FRK are successful. :(
Papa Puy seems to be the only one with any sense. The others seem far too hippie dippie and willing to believe whatever smoke is blown up their hoohaa’s! As soon as they showed up at Lalande that was an unsubscribe for me. I won’t even waste a comment on them. I’d rather wait for Chateau Wrap Up.
---
I recall when Snorts first arrived at the Shitoo, it was mentioned he was an Engineer… so table scapingscaping was never his first career choice. I wonder what salary he makes for his efforts?
stuffing his hamster cheeks, relentless boozing and swinging, servicing and being carer to Fanny, frequenting antique shops, obsessing over woodland creatures, brooch collecting and holidaying…
Engineer?!? Engineer of what?!? Engineering oneself into the catbird seat using other people and other people’s money?!? He is such a wanker!!! Please Universe, drop a house on him and his evil sister!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yes, that's the first I've heard of it. Whatever sort of engineer could he be?

Fast food engineer?
gender engineer?
engineer of Stephanie's downfall?
Bwahahaha - engineer of Stephanie's downfall!!
Seriously, though - I'd never heard that he was an engineer before, either!
Strange, if he is. You'd think after three years, there'd be no need for endless "surveys" as he'd have it all figured out by now, since he's an "engineer" and all.

He probably just made that up to get in Fanny's knickers! Too bad he didn't know it takes so little to do that, that he didn't have to lie about who he was!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I take it all back and apologise to my fellow tattlers and Chateau de Burge. Its Anders, anything for clickbait. Will it be interesting how much he charges for a van load of chandiliers. Didn't Stephaine get hers gifted, but Clara said she ahd seen a cheque for 33K .

Never watched that CD episode, will go back on my word and watch this one, something might slip from Anders.

So pleased it wasn't Selmar, I also give him a tick where ever he might be, for not continuing to use the lalalande association.

Reactions: 19
Much water damage from a leaking shower means the Puy Vidals must rebuild an entire floor of an entire wing. I reckon they are looking at a bill in the 100 thousand €'s. Do none of these chateau living dreamers do their due diligence on the structural integrity of the building? It seems not.
Remember who preformed the Puy Lentils due diligence. Fanny, Davey and Snorty would’ve just seen that as slap some paint and wallpaper on it and it’ll be fine. The Lentils first mistake was thinking they needed a chateau. The second was to get the Jarvis Crime Family involved. I suspect this was behind Papa Puy’s intense examination of the shat-oh. He’s now realized his family has stuck their hands in his pockets and it’s downhill from there.

• Heart
In regards to Puy Vidal I remember that there was water pouring into a turret. Was this the leaking shower or a problem with the roof?
The problem was that they relied on the “expertise” of Miss Fanny Con Artist and Master No Nothing. I don’t believe they hired an inspector before buying. I’m sure they would probably have done this if buying in the US.
I think the mother is an airhead. Remember she was worried when they first arrived that they didn’t have proper wine glasses! That’s always the first thing one needs to be worried about!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.