Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maple fairy

VIP Member
@lolair very interesting however I was just about to make lunch. Was going to have eggs! Took my appetite away.
I suppose when in Rome applies!

• Haha
Reactions: 15

C'est moi

VIP Member
Just remember…Nicolas Foreskin made a short video on how to eat a scone! Apparently, a proper scone has a “rim” that you must spread apart with your fingers. If anyone knows about rims, it’s good ol’ Nicholas! 😆

View attachment 2107706
Is the backdrop and pottery platter from Portugal? I have something with the exact same relief in the same colour. Mine is a pointy oval and I love it. I use it as a fruit bowl and it sits on the hammered black granite worktop of my kitchen island.

• Heart

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
The gofundme for Benoit is up to €54,125; it hasn't even been on The Beau Chateau channel yet. Nice to have popular youtubers as employers.
Wow! That’s quite a large sum on donations! I had not heard about his accident- sad to hear it. Glad he should be back to work after the wound is healed. Speedy and complete recovery to him!
*He is surely being blessed by so many generous contributions. He should have plenty for tools! 😍

jojonz

Chatty Member
Billy being strategic trying to win over more Patreon, not doing very well. There is impediments I know as we discussed last thread,
Those that follow him do you agree that in his last three Friday vlogs he tells you a little bit about what he filming in the weekend for Patreon.

This weekend Ryan and Billy going to pick up an antique, last week I think he joked he was going to service the lawn mower and show his 4 year old how to do an oil change. His views arre not great considering he has over 250 subscribers doesn't make 100k most days yet stephaine and her lesser number of subscribers consistantly get well over 120 views per video.

So should it be weekly, twice weekly or daily an interesting question

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
I take it all back and apologise to my fellow tattlers and Chateau de Burge. Its Anders, anything for clickbait. Will it be interesting how much he charges for a van load of chandiliers. Didn't Stephaine get hers gifted, but Clara said she ahd seen a cheque for 33K .

Never watched that CD episode, will go back on my word and watch this one, something might slip from Anders.

So pleased it wasn't Selmar, I also give him a tick where ever he might be, for not continuing to use the lalalande association.
I’ll never believe again in anything that you say ..

• Haha

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
Where would you rather stay?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A little off topic, and we haven't talked about food for a long time.
I recently baked scones for the first time in my life. I've never eaten them or seen them live, but I think they turned out ok.
Now, as I like to cook according to original recipes and serve food with original ingredients, I have a problem:
Clotted cream is not available for purchase here. I found on the internet that it can be made, but I am confused by two types of recipes.
Of course, I would start with the original ingredient, which is milk.
Is this a good recipe?

Or this other recipe?
It confuses me a bit because in the end the result is not the same.

I should imagine that either of these would give a variation of sorts.

My advice to you is always use unpasteurised milk from cows that yield milk with a high fat content. This needs to be poured into shallow containers and left in a fridge for a day to let the fat rise to to the top. Carefully remove from fridge and cook over simmering water until the ridges begin to form. Good luck do persevere as it is delicious and let us know how you get on.

• Heart

Iolair

VIP Member
His Patreon + Youtube income is not bringing in nowhere close enough to what is required to fund this project, in addition to covering his living expenses and the support of his young children. According to Fanny, she spent 300,000 euros on the initial renovations just to make the place habitable and she had a roof on! How many months/years of Patreon income do you think it would require just to make Dan's chateau wind and watertight? And what content is he meant to be putting out in the meantime to continue the grift? How many videos of clearing out rubble and vegetations does it take before the audience taps out? No matter how I look at this, this is not feasible for Dan unless some early inheritance also comes his way.

So @Just Grift Wood is right. He does not have the finances to pay for professional help and does not posses the skills to do the works himself should he somehow find the money for the material. As far as we have determined, he doesn't even own the chateau or the land.
Dan is an idiot. Well established fact. He's pointed a basement wall when the floors and walls above that wall, are unstable, the muppet. In one of his previous vlogs, he said that because his ruin was/is supposed to have a mansard roof, it required that because it's a mansard roof, it needed to be built after all the other work is done. I'm no architect but I've never heard the like. Standard practice to put the roof on first after he's rebuilt the walls, but what protects those walls with no roof? I suppose his thinking is to do the roof last because, as soon as the roof is on, he's required to pay tax on the joint. Taxes he cannot afford.

• Heart
  • Wow