The Chateau Diaries #232 Daffodils are not the only micro thing at the shatto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
question from one very peculiar lady on brenda's FB dedicated to filthy cheato:

1681410887499.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
'Tis a sad day here at Chateau Baiseur.
Our favorite spatula has left this world.
View attachment 2097822
I saw this movie at the drive-in as a kid with my family and we still laugh about Spatula City! It’s so stupid…but when you’re a kid and your two younger brothers are laughing themselves into tears…it is just a funny family memory. 😂 I’m so happy to share this with you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Morning Wake Up in Bed
  • Fanny looks like a satisfied woman this waking up
  • They forgot to eat them at Easter, so Potty has brought Fanny a hot cross bun in bed. Don’t think those are the only buns Potty has brought Fanny in bed!!!
  • Snorty has left the shitoo!!!! (Don’t get too excited because it’s only for a couple of days). He’s gone to Chateau Puy Vidal, but sit down when you hear why he’s gone to visit. Apparently the Vidal Puy family asked Snorty to give them guidance on the layout of their chateau - WTF ??? WERE THEY DRUNK???
  • Fanny tells us no one likes to disturb Fanny & Snorty in the morning when they are together in her bedroom! (Fanny said that with a straight face). Lots of chat about how much she's missing Snorty....LOL
  • More guests are arriving – (Amuary & Caroline and their children – I believe the family from that Castle in Belgium are coming to visit – so Fanny stayed home to greet them (and have sex with Potty while Snorty is gone)
If the lesbos from Chateau Sappho are consulting the Gay Twank on chateau layout plans, then three things are true:

1. They know he is gay.
2. Papa wants to take him cycling for kabobs.
3. They are not very smart.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Steph,
Who is your most favorite and least favorite tartlet and why?
Tootle pip,
Jules
Fav: Brenda Gibbons. She UNDERSTANDS me.
Least: Everyone else.
No one on this forum appreciates my WORK ETHIC. I work twenty whole minutes per day. That's more than the King's own son ffs.
You're all going to look pretty styewwpid in 2045 when I accomplish exactly what I promised.
1681411425688.png

• Haha
Reactions: 27
'Tis a sad day here at Chateau Baiseur.
Our favorite spatula has left this world.
View attachment 2097822
When will the services be?!? And will it be at the kitchen or trashcan-side?!?
---
Kind of a little off topic, but I know there are a lot of readers here. I finished reading Ann Napolitano’s new book, “Hello Beautiful”. I like her books and thought this was a pretty good one. Very reminiscent of Little Women. I noticed that there was one of her books that I had not read, and so I went ahead and purchased it after reading the summary. Sounded good and I have liked her other books. This book is called “A Good Hard Look”. I’m attaching the summary. The entire book is about the main character owning peacocks (not mentioned in the summary). The entire book and main story revolve completely around these peacocks. It definitely wasn’t one of her better books, and it just seems like everywhere I turn lately all I see are peacocks! The book does go into great detail about how destructive these birds are, and they eat everything, including all of the flowers on the farm. I’m not giving anything away about the book if you want to read it. My book report on this book would be, “Peacocks. Why would anyone own them? They sound like little shits. And they tit everywhere.” So, I wonder if this is why Stephanie never has any flowers that are grown in her own garden? Her crappy peacocks eat them all? (See…I brought it back on topic there…lol)

But I would recommend “Hello Beautiful” or “Dear Edward” if you’re going to read one of Napolitano’s books. They were both good.
I’m alternating between Rhys Bowen’s latest Royal Spyness mystery and The Body Keeps the Score about PTSD’s affect on the body and mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe you would like to rephrase "I will be your fanny". In English English it has a whole other connotation! 🤭
This is why we had a revolution. This. Right here. No other reason. lol
Next you're going to try and make me say trousers for PANTS.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I am going to derail and ask you lovely garden experts for a tip or two. When we moved into our renovation project we had to clear the garden of twenty years of brambles ivy etc we are lucky to have some beautiful trees. I started a new south facing bed last year but lost a lot of plants over the winter. What would you recommend I plant to give colour all year round. I love pinks, whites, green, lilacs so I can start re planting. I love peonies, fox gloves, delphiniums, large foliage, old English roses, hellebores. The bed gets very dry. Also pushing my luck how can I encourage a Wisteria I plated on a West facing wall to flower and should I prune it? It has been in since we moved in two years ago. Thank you
---
Susan Mccarten
42min
wanted to ask when the tiles backsplash might be going up of lalande that your father painted and steve made into the tiles. The anticipation is killing me!
Unfortunately last year we suffered such a severe drought, so not the norm. BUT, could be the norm in the future, especially in a south facing garden. Wisteria can be overly tricky. Therefore, for my newly created garden I googled drought resistant plants as I got so upset/frustrated with constant watering and ultimately, losing plants as it transpired :
Drought Resistant Plants | Plants for a Purpose | Thompson & Morgan (thompson-morgan.com)
Hopefully this year, it won't be so bad as currently my garden is looking fabulous but on another level, also great for my solar panel pay back earnings from E-On!
Hope the above list helps but no matter what, a newly planted garden takes at least 3 years to establish itself and a few years more to reach any kind of maturity. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Unfortunately last year we suffered such a severe drought, so not the norm. BUT, could be the norm in the future, especially in a south facing garden. Wisteria can be overly tricky. Therefore, for my newly created garden I googled drought resistant plants as I got so upset/frustrated with constant watering and ultimately, losing plants as it transpired :
Drought Resistant Plants | Plants for a Purpose | Thompson & Morgan (thompson-morgan.com)
Hopefully this year, it won't be so bad as currently my garden is looking fabulous but on another level, also great for my solar panel pay back earnings from E-On!
Hope the above list helps but no matter what, a newly planted garden takes at least 3 years to establish itself and a few years more to reach any kind of maturity. ❤
Thanks so much that is great

Reactions: 7
I am going to derail and ask you lovely garden experts for a tip or two. When we moved into our renovation project we had to clear the garden of twenty years of brambles ivy etc we are lucky to have some beautiful trees. I started a new south facing bed last year but lost a lot of plants over the winter. What would you recommend I plant to give colour all year round. I love pinks, whites, green, lilacs so I can start re planting. I love peonies, fox gloves, delphiniums, large foliage, old English roses, hellebores. The bed gets very dry. Also pushing my luck how can I encourage a Wisteria I plated on a West facing wall to flower and should I prune it? It has been in since we moved in two years ago. Thank you
---
Susan Mccarten
42min
wanted to ask when the tiles backsplash might be going up of lalande that your father painted and steve made into the tiles. The anticipation is killing me!
As regards gardening….there are many questions that I would ask first before suggesting you splurge on plants. As for the wisteria , have you seen it in flower? Some don’t….. replace it with one you have seen in flower if not! Ideally you would prune in January ish and then depending on weather again in August.
Have you done soil preparation and is it clay or? Is this why it’s dry or is it sand? Many of the plants listed are heavy feeders.
Traditional plants , ones you like are struggling with the drought and then the minus prolonged frosts.
Not to dishearten you but first things….
Also ,Hellebores would be best not south facing whereas delphinium prefer the sun…

Reactions: 15
As regards gardening….there are many questions that I would ask first before suggesting you splurge on plants. As for the wisteria , have you seen it in flower? Some don’t….. replace it with one you have seen in flower if not! Ideally you would prune in January ish and then depending on weather again in August.
Have you done soil preparation and is it clay or? Is this why it’s dry or is it sand? Many of the plants listed are heavy feeders.
Traditional plants , ones you like are struggling with the drought and then the minus prolonged frosts.
Not to dishearten you but first things….
Also ,Hellebores would be best not south facing whereas delphinium prefer the sun…
When we cleared the garden we dug in manure and some grit. I haven't planted Hellebores in South facing bit but under trees mostly facing East they are doing ok/. We lost lots of shrubs and maybe I should dig over again and add more manure. The soil is sandy on top but in some areas clay underneath. Should I do more manure and stuff and come back to you? xxxx

Reactions: 10
Pointless invitation for the
Useless, no good, uneducated, total
Yawn Gay Twank to

Visit. He knows nothing about design yet
Insists that fingering a chatelaine and
Dabbling in table settings makes him an
Architect. Oh you, sycophant
Lesbians of Chateau Sappho - get ready for toile!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

wait to hear how she says BROCANTE she is so annoying-I could slap her if she wasn't so florid from rosacea
---
_F8JCz13yAhcGFBX-B39G2tA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Litsa Koutoula
24 seconds ago
Stefanie seriously, you should start showing us more projects being done. I have been following you from the beginning and I enjoyed watching projects being done all around the château and I believe most people did too. Lately it is rare and honestly I am disappointed. And I don't mean large projects necessarily. Even painting would be nice. Just consider it, would you?

Zed Blackworth
6 minutes ago
If you put and much energy into renovating as you do shopping you'd have finished the Chateau years ago LOL
emoji_u1f606.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Steve from Manor & Maker just did an infomercial for a wood / other things laser engraver. He made door signs for his chateau bedrooms. Tacky and cheap looking. Omg. I’m sure he’ll use this expensive lil piece of equipment to make lots more tacky and cheap looking items to decorate their chateau and to try and sell to some suckers. Take my word for and skip this one. Save yourself 18 minutes and 5 seconds that you will never get back. Sheesh!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.