The Chateau Diaries #232 Daffodils are not the only micro thing at the shatto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today is the second day that President Bidens visit coverage has meant that the 6pm angelus bells have been missed. This is so major in this "Catholic" country that radio programmes have been discussing. It has really upset my two dogs as they understand that the bells equals dinner time.

Joe has done well so far apart from referring to the All Black rugby team as the Black and Tans. Did this get coverage outside Ireland?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Seriously ….that’s where he wanted to put that mirror??

It looks totally out of place, completely wrong style for that room & above that particular mantelpiece & the available wall space there with the height of the ceiling ……& simply completely & utterly stupid.

And the PV girls want his advice on interior design???? They CANNOT be serious.

I was almost starting to enjoy their vlogs too 😏
And neither of them would be tall enough to look in that mirro if they even mana to put it up.
I was thinking this look more for farmhouse.

As for Fanny lying.Her interview with Potts when she is saying how proud she is notthat he is a F1 photographer blah blah. We know he is taking pictures but not employed by them, liar Fanny

Attachments

Reactions: 19
New cd haiku:
Oh Philip Janssen
Dirty, gross, irritating
Every woman’s dream

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Great catch! I believe that’s the window renovation that was completed last month…what we call a $30,000 piece of blue painter’s tape!

View attachment 2097070
Actually, the crack in the wall below the window (on the right) extends all the way to the ground. That place is going to crumble. I wouldn’t be surprised if they woke up one morning and part of the facade will have just fallen off!
Perhaps Fanny can bring some of her Botox to the chateau and inject directly into the facade rather than her own face.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I wasn't sure which bike he would go for, I think he was torn... I had to laugh when Tim said the electric one enabled him to be heard in conversation from as a pillion passenger and Mr Boo thought it might be one of the down sides... It would be great for city parking.. xx
I loved it when they put the helmets on to test drive the bike, and he said "I feel like Emily Bronte in this hat". I love the little side comments and humor. (8:12 mark in the latest video.)

• Haha
Goodness Snorts has worked so hard at Puy Lentil Chateau he has even made a vlog of his design ideas for us Tattlers.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
'Tis a sad day here at Chateau Baiseur.
Our favorite spatula has left this world.
1681407256361.jpeg

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
And good luck with the garden projects.
I too am on a major re vamp.Large greenhouse coming down and new potting shed going up. New fence . But alll different companies all wanting a dry day too.. Lots of things in pots need to go in the ground and the garage looks like Fanny’s house - a mess!
Meanwhile in the laundry room my new drying cupboard has been built, but yes a master carpenter.
I am in love with this new space! Keep up Jules and Kathy! 😂
The weather forecast for next week in the UK is perfect for garden work, sunny and up to 18 deg C. I will be planting out new plants that I divided last autumn, painting my fences and installing cat repellent spikes on top of my fence panels in order to protect my nesting blue tits before their chicks fledge in early/mid May. The only time I ever see a cat in my garden throughout the entire year is when there are fledging chicks. Just so extraordinarily stressful as I never realised that the chicks don't fly away immediately but spend a couple of days on the ground. I 100% know it is nature but, having seen how these birds care for their chicks for so long, I hate that ultimately they might be prey to a random cat that only visits my garden specifically at that time of year. o_O

• Sad
  • Heart
I loved it when they put the helmets on to test drive the bike, and he said "I feel like Emily Bronte in this hat". I love the little side comments and humor. (8:12 mark in the latest video.)
Yes, they both have a very dry sense of humour...what a day that was... no lunch as they didn't book and ended up at the Boulangerie with a baguette and then beeped to move on... did you see the one the other week where they went to Peillon town and drove down the narrowest street ever and couldn't exit as there was a sign in the way so he had to reverse all the way back to the village square.? 🙈 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes, they both have a very dry sense of humour...what a day that was... no lunch as they didn't book and ended up at the Boulangerie with a baguette and then beeped to move on... did you see the one the other week where they went to Peillon town and drove down the narrowest street ever and couldn't exit as there was a sign in the way so he had to reverse all the way back to the village square.? 🙈 :ROFLMAO:
I have not - but will certainly look it up. They are just adorable!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The weather forecast for next week in the UK is perfect for garden work, sunny and up to 18 deg C. I will be planting out new plants that I divided last autumn, painting my fences and installing cat repellent spikes on top of my fence panels in order to protect my nesting blue tits before their chicks fledge in early/mid May. The only time I ever see a cat in my garden throughout the entire year is when there are fledging chicks. Just so extraordinarily stressful as I never realised that the chicks don't fly away immediately but spend a couple of days on the ground. I 100% know it is nature but, having seen how these birds care for their chicks for so long, I hate that ultimately they might be prey to a random cat that only visits my garden specifically at that time of year. o_O
The red kites swoop down and get them here, I even saw a sparrow hawk sitting on my fence eating one a few years ago.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The Convent has been scanned by Dan the Done and is available to see on line, amazing technology, Well Done Dan and Billy, Cheers

The Convent is a building site and clean and tidy take note Fanny

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Today is the second day that President Bidens visit coverage has meant that the 6pm angelus bells have been missed. This is so major in this "Catholic" country that radio programmes have been discussing. It has really upset my two dogs as they understand that the bells equals dinner time.

Joe has done well so far apart from referring to the All Black rugby team as the Black and Tans. Did this get coverage outside Ireland?
Sorry…I just checked the news headlines and the only mention of Ireland was Biden remarking FROM Ireland on the person they think leaked documents from the Pentagon (which has been a huge deal over here). This is a screenshot of the article that mentions he is in Ireland. Now, his trip might make the main nightly news but I don’t watch the news on tv until the evening.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
The red kites swoop down and get them here, I even saw a sparrow hawk sitting on my fence eating one a few years ago.
Yes, I too have red kites, sparrow hawks etc, etc in evidence in my area BUT, it is one particular cat that stalks out my garden at a certain time of year - never any other time as my neighbours primarily appear to be dog lovers, rather than cats. Unfortunately, this particular cat must stalk the entire village at a certain time of year - never, ever in evidence in my garden outside of the "fledging" period. It is just so traumatic as last year, 4 blue tit chicks were in my garden awaiting their parents' assistance, and unfortunately not all or them survived. A week later, a blackbird chick walked across my open doored conservatory, ending up in my kitchen 3 times who I had to then catch every time and take back into the garden so that they could be reunited with their parents. All the while hoping I wouldn't injure the young chick. Believe me, it was just so stressful.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
And good luck with the garden projects.
I too am on a major re vamp.Large greenhouse coming down and new potting shed going up. New fence . But alll different companies all wanting a dry day too.. Lots of things in pots need to go in the ground and the garage looks like Fanny’s house - a mess!
Meanwhile in the laundry room my new drying cupboard has been built, but yes a master carpenter.
I am in love with this new space! Keep up Jules and Kathy! 😂
I am going to derail and ask you lovely garden experts for a tip or two. When we moved into our renovation project we had to clear the garden of twenty years of brambles ivy etc we are lucky to have some beautiful trees. I started a new south facing bed last year but lost a lot of plants over the winter. What would you recommend I plant to give colour all year round. I love pinks, whites, green, lilacs so I can start re planting. I love peonies, fox gloves, delphiniums, large foliage, old English roses, hellebores. The bed gets very dry. Also pushing my luck how can I encourage a Wisteria I plated on a West facing wall to flower and should I prune it? It has been in since we moved in two years ago. Thank you
---

Susan Mccarten

42min
wanted to ask when the tiles backsplash might be going up of lalande that your father painted and steve made into the tiles. The anticipation is killing me!

Reactions: 19
Kind of a little off topic, but I know there are a lot of readers here. I finished reading Ann Napolitano’s new book, “Hello Beautiful”. I like her books and thought this was a pretty good one. Very reminiscent of Little Women. I noticed that there was one of her books that I had not read, and so I went ahead and purchased it after reading the summary. Sounded good and I have liked her other books. This book is called “A Good Hard Look”. I’m attaching the summary. The entire book is about the main character owning peacocks (not mentioned in the summary). The entire book and main story revolve completely around these peacocks. It definitely wasn’t one of her better books, and it just seems like everywhere I turn lately all I see are peacocks! The book does go into great detail about how destructive these birds are, and they eat everything, including all of the flowers on the farm. I’m not giving anything away about the book if you want to read it. My book report on this book would be, “Peacocks. Why would anyone own them? They sound like little shits. And they tit everywhere.” So, I wonder if this is why Stephanie never has any flowers that are grown in her own garden? Her crappy peacocks eat them all? (See…I brought it back on topic there…lol)

But I would recommend “Hello Beautiful” or “Dear Edward” if you’re going to read one of Napolitano’s books. They were both good.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.