The Chateau Diaries #232 Daffodils are not the only micro thing at the shatto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Helping the Chatelaine de Monetization
Obsessively and compulsively shop like there’s
No tomorrow using
Everyone’s money but her own thanks to
Youtube, Patreon and now PayPal!

762373F8-2317-4CB3-B07D-D1633B5F3E37.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
When we cleared the garden we dug in manure and some grit. I haven't planted Hellebores in South facing bit but under trees mostly facing East they are doing ok/. We lost lots of shrubs and maybe I should dig over again and add more manure. The soil is sandy on top but in some areas clay underneath. Should I do more manure and stuff and come back to you? xxxx
And are your hellebores orientalis , Niger or corsicus ……? Forgot to ask that!
I will make some suggestions tomorrow but I doubt digging up the clay and subsoil will help anything….. mulch on top and let the worms pull down during the winter! Maybe annuals this time…. And plan bulbs and plants for next spring.
I am using a product called Strulch as a really good weed suppression and moisture retainer.
It’s expensive but if used correctly a great discovery!
I’m the one with the brain injury so not always on form…..
Others may have good ideas ….?
And this may be TMI as not chateau related 🙄🤔🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And are your hellebores orientalis , Niger or corsicus ……? Forgot to ask that!
I will make some suggestions tomorrow but I doubt digging up the clay and subsoil will help anything….. mulch on top and let the worms pull down during the winter! Maybe annuals this time…. And plan bulbs and plants for next spring.
I am using a product called Strulch as a really good weed suppression and moisture retainer.
It’s expensive but if used correctly a great discovery!
I’m the one with the brain injury so not always on form…..
Others may have good ideas ….?
And this may be TMI as not chateau related 🙄🤔🤣
Ha ha there are different hellebores who knew. I have a black one, green and white ones, oink ones, purple ones I bought a lot of Hellebores and they are in nearly every shelter spot and have worked well. I will look for that Stretch Thanks don't go to too much effort if you're not feeling good but just some pointers. Thanks you're the best

Reactions: 12
QLi0LH3KQ7uAWRyxAHC0n6zg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Grammas Garden of Ideas
7 minutes ago
i hv come to dislike these brocante activites. i just skip thru. some of us want to see amorys work everyones cooking. all home repairs. the gardens in every stage. whts going on with the lake and the woods. nick nick nick. and all your other friends. theres too much stuff/ gifts. /things though. maybe if u show us something u give way everytime and to where when u buy some thing. and hey wht going on with the chapel. hi guys. btw. really nice to see michael potts

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
So there was no room at the Inn CHMN for Davey thru Easter, HOW RUDE after all his attempts at garden design, free Playmobil and junk from his parents house. Lucky escape I'd say.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Says Fanny:
I think the teapot was the only thing that we truly didn’t need. Oh duck off you lying bint.
I’m on a savings spree not a spending spree. Again duck off you delusional harpy.

This oh so pretty stool that PhiPhi bought will look so good in the grand salon. No I’ll tell you what would look good in the grand salon Fanny would be walls, walls that are attached to the ceiling not just floating with no structural support and are not covered in unnecessary panelling that has to be cut down to fit into the space, thus losing all their sense of proportion and style.
Then PhiPhi has to buy every photo frame because they remind him of his grandparents. What with the 7 lamps for the hallway and all the crap they bought at the brocante they spent more money in 1 day than any normal person would spend in 1 month. And this is just what we saw them buy, who knows what else was bought either at the market or online. Saving spree my arse.
And next week we will get the sob story of how expensive the chapel restoration is going to be, so much more than was expected, so much more than has been put aside. But don’t you worry patreons you must remember that Fanny has said it is her duty to ensure that she restores the chateau so that future generations can enjoy it, so whatever the cost she will see it through to the end. With fortitude, perseverance and maybe even extreme personal sacrifice. Yeah right!
And by the way you pretentious show off those hot cross buns looked awful, dry as an old boot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I’m so disappointed, I really like the PV family and the dad came up with a great plan for the kitchen and dining room, I thought better than the architects ideas. Why would they ask PhiPhi for input on the renovation, I can’t get my mind around it, so bizarre to ask this talentless git for advice
They need his 'seal of approval'.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Rita Sen Gupta
22 seconds ago
Amaury and Michael P - mukti talented - definite assets. Not a fan of the constant acquiring.

Oliver Pavic
32 minutes ago
What?? You didn’t have space for your main landscaper/masterplanner??
emoji_u1f62e.png

spMu5prZuDcUwPe2XvSyif3g=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

luckystones
34 minutes ago
I don't even recognize anything that I used to see on this channel. It makes me sad that the spontaneity and genuine interactions are missing. Sorry. Sad but true in my world. Just let me air this and all the defenders just leave this comment alone. For the love of everything a person should be allowed an opinion. When a person expects to be abused here says something about the audience and not me. Love to all Stephanie and Phillip and all that reside at LaLande. You are truly loving and caring and I wish you all the best, I miss the old days,

---
Angela Egan
19 minutes ago
Young people who are not shopping at IKEA, how refreshing
emoji_u1f602.png

1 reply

QZJ4C_ciUKQVpptvf_VMzDfw=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Zed Blackworth
9 minutes ago
she's nearly 50

Doing It Ourselves
2 hours ago
I thought it was Des Kaye from Little Britain for a moment there. “Wicky Woo”

1 reply

e9qzSlVciZ9ib7MBsI79-oYQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Andrea Wood
42 minutes ago
Floyd on Food, perhaps as well….
emoji_u1f602.png

R Mil
1 minute ago
Michael Potts doesn’t lord it like some. He is naturally talented at most things. I’m so glad he intervened in the lights situation………That Brocante did seem rather expensive… Stephanie was right about those plates. I’m sure as the season progresses we will see better deals.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Says Fanny:
I think the teapot was the only thing that we truly didn’t need. Oh duck off you lying bint.
I’m on a savings spree not a spending spree. Again duck off you delusional harpy.

This oh so pretty stool that PhiPhi bought will look so good in the grand salon. No I’ll tell you what would look good in the grand salon Fanny would be walls, walls that are attached to the ceiling not just floating with no structural support and are not covered in unnecessary panelling that has to be cut down to fit into the space, thus losing all their sense of proportion and style.
Then PhiPhi has to buy every photo frame because they remind him of his grandparents. What with the 7 lamps for the hallway and all the crap they bought at the brocante they spent more money in 1 day than any normal person would spend in 1 month. And this is just what we saw them buy, who knows what else was bought either at the market or online. Saving spree my arse.
And next week we will get the sob story of how expensive the chapel restoration is going to be, so much more than was expected, so much more than has been put aside. But don’t you worry patreons you must remember that Fanny has said it is her duty to ensure that she restores the chateau so that future generations can enjoy it, so whatever the cost she will see it through to the end. With fortitude, perseverance and maybe even extreme personal sacrifice. Yeah right!
And by the way you pretentious show off those hot cross buns looked awful, dry as an old boot.
My first thought when I saw the big light was that is will probably bring down the ceiling one day.😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
In their last vlog the PV family had a talented architectural firm who presented 3 design options, which the family seemed more than capable of reviewing on their own, assessing the pro's & con's, and proposing alternative ideas. Snorty is just being noisy. They don't need his help. I'd be shocked if the PV family even show, let alone mention, Snorty on their next vlog. If they do, the family will very much go down in my estimation.
Nobody but nobody should need the assistance of this tasteless twerp. Today‘s vlog saw him buying a ridiculous ( read superfluous) teapot and other tasteless ephemera. He managed to squeeze a mention of the provincial grandparents with their dollar shop taste. Fortunately he got talked over before memory lane was fully explored. What about PhiPhi’s dungarees? WTF. Imagine him in the men’s loos as he drops the entire outfit to the filthy floor of the urinal. He truly is an idiot with that balding, compensatory main of frizzy tresses and spending her YouTube money on junk.
The taste quotient of their ridiculous lanterns is at the worst end of kitsch and serves to make the farmhouse even more of a tip.
Spare me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Ha ha there are different hellebores who knew. I have a black one, green and white ones, oink ones, purple ones I bought a lot of Hellebores and they are in nearly every shelter spot and have worked well. I will look for that Stretch Thanks don't go to too much effort if you're not feeling good but just some pointers. Thanks you're the best
I garden in a lot of clay soil. It is considered not the best, but there are so many nutrients in it that plants really need, so I don't find it a challenge. When I add new plants, I dig the hole, add a little peat to hole, mix it up with the native soil and then plant my plant. The first year I moved into my home, it was brand new, bought from the builder. We rototilled garden beds, added greensand and peat, and in the hottest, sunniest part of my yard that first year, I grew nothing but sunflowers. The roots dig deep into the clay and after they bloomed, I cut them off at ground level and let the roots overwinter under about 3-4" of shredded pine mulch. The roots broke down in the soil, adding organic matter. Adding peat is always a good idea but like @Lochness Monster said, mulching with an organic mulch over the winter adds a nice layer that will break down and improve your soil. Adding grit (what we call sand here in the US) can be a recipe for disaster......grit + clay = pottery. (You'll end up with very hard soil that bakes in the sun!). Enough said there!

My advice is to have fun with it and just enjoy the process!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
'Tis a sad day here at Chateau Baiseur.
Our favorite spatula has left this world.
View attachment 2097822
I hate it when that happens. I have lost many a favourite wooden spoon in this way. It's tricky breaking in kitchen utensils and then suddenly... they become perfect at their given job. Then comes the day when maybe they're a little brittle and you try something a bit forceful and "crack" useful utensil no more!
😔😪😆😅🤣😂

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Rita Sen Gupta
22 seconds ago
Amaury and Michael P - mukti talented - definite assets. Not a fan of the constant acquiring.

Oliver Pavic
32 minutes ago
What?? You didn’t have space for your main landscaper/masterplanner?? View attachment 2098447

View attachment 2098448
luckystones
34 minutes ago
I don't even recognize anything that I used to see on this channel. It makes me sad that the spontaneity and genuine interactions are missing. Sorry. Sad but true in my world. Just let me air this and all the defenders just leave this comment alone. For the love of everything a person should be allowed an opinion. When a person expects to be abused here says something about the audience and not me. Love to all Stephanie and Phillip and all that reside at LaLande. You are truly loving and caring and I wish you all the best, I miss the old days,

---
Angela Egan
19 minutes ago
Young people who are not shopping at IKEA, how refreshing View attachment 2098472

1 reply

View attachment 2098473
Zed Blackworth
9 minutes ago
she's nearly 50

Doing It Ourselves
2 hours ago
I thought it was Des Kaye from Little Britain for a moment there. “Wicky Woo”

1 reply

View attachment 2098487
Andrea Wood
42 minutes ago
Floyd on Food, perhaps as well….View attachment 2098488

R Mil
1 minute ago
Michael Potts doesn’t lord it like some. He is naturally talented at most things. I’m so glad he intervened in the lights situation………That Brocante did seem rather expensive… Stephanie was right about those plates. I’m sure as the season progresses we will see better deals.

Young people not shopping at Ikea? Surely she's not talking about Stephanie, is she?
And, yeah, I'm sure all young people could shop anywhere they wanted if money were no object, if they were grifting people out of $34,000 per month!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I am going to derail and ask you lovely garden experts for a tip or two. When we moved into our renovation project we had to clear the garden of twenty years of brambles ivy etc we are lucky to have some beautiful trees. I started a new south facing bed last year but lost a lot of plants over the winter. What would you recommend I plant to give colour all year round. I love pinks, whites, green, lilacs so I can start re planting. I love peonies, fox gloves, delphiniums, large foliage, old English roses, hellebores. The bed gets very dry. Also pushing my luck how can I encourage a Wisteria I plated on a West facing wall to flower and should I prune it? It has been in since we moved in two years ago. Thank you
---
Susan Mccarten
42min
wanted to ask when the tiles backsplash might be going up of lalande that your father painted and steve made into the tiles. The anticipation is killing me!
Clay soil is very difficult to cultivate, it is cold for a long time in the spring and hard to dry, but it retains moisture for a long time in the summer.
My experience: Put a lot of organic matter in the hole when planting, fertilize the plants several times a season and water thoroughly once a week.
I grow vegetables in such soil (tomatoes, peppers, zucchini - everything that needs a lot of water) and during the hottest days and during drought I water thoroughly once every ten days.
In the worst drought, mulch also helps, it slows down the heating and drying of the soil.
The secret is in less frequent, but abundant watering, because this way the plants develop deeper roots in search of water.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wasn’t that convenient that the Chatelaine de Monetization edited out her purchase of the expensive and totally unnecessary lamps that Shrek and the Sewer showed in their vlog?????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
READ the ROOM Fanny- people don't want to watch you spend money on more crap with your fake boyfriend... Need to contact over shoppers anonymous, and get some help for your addiction. BTW it's called being a responsible grown up... Your Castle is falling down and you are loading it with more crap...

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Back to flea market today to hoard more crap and not get any construction done. Wowwwwwwwwww. So shocked. 😂 and of course Phillip is decorating a house he has no equity. Make it make sense!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.