The Chateau Diaries #232 Daffodils are not the only micro thing at the shatto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With the VIP lounge opening soon, @LittleMore Cottage do you have a thread title, either made one or nominated one.

Also, I received this video from Ruby the cat, shows the real Easter party they had at Lalande. Looks more like havoc to me, but then again anything goes at the derelict farmhouse...
@T Rex posted this "

Thread nomination 🧵 , courtesy of @MadameChat and Bob (thanks, Bob!) : "Lie Lande- it’s halfway to completion or halfway to disintegrating!"
I will Happily pass on my thread title if you want to use this one. Its excellent 🧵 ❤ 🧵

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Another few comments on this vlog:

View attachment 2099947
The Secret Château.
44 minutes ago
As a French architect and château owner with experience and expertise in the restoration of twelve châteaux (including aspects of the Palace of Versailles), I question the validity of any input on château living from an interior architectural point of view from a person who has no experience in restoration, conservation or preservation. You are doing yourselves and your château a disservice to receive consultation from anyone with no qualifications, no accomplishments, no capabilities, no competence and with no eligibility to advise you.

Laura Robertson
54 minutes ago
I love your channel ;please don't pollute your vlogs with that no-nothing,arrogant,disrespectful prancing idiot Phillip.

jo Meyer
1 hour ago
i read that the wall that had those special doors in the room in which you slept in at lalande may be torn down. It is a shame that those doors would be torn out or not saved. even the molding around them should be saved. That room had so much charm around those special features.... such a shame.. in name of progress lol
View attachment 2099949
Zed Blackworth
1 hour ago (edited)
There are a whole host of jobs that have been started and never finished, another great list of jobs not even started after years of promising I bet those doors are pretty safe at this rate, well unless channel 4 needs a quick project to film.
Philip Janssen
3 hours ago
View attachment 2099952

View attachment 2099953
Laura Robertson
15 minutes ago
You're laughing all the way to the bank aren't you Phillip? No talent,no manners, no education,no respect,no morals,no work ethic, no humility. But you are very clever at manipulating,bullying and acquiring. You are not fooling everyone.
I would love to be a fly on the wall to watch and listen to Puy Vidal reactions when they read comments under their vlog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
And another thing...clearly this has whole lighting thing has bothered me since I watched the latest Chateau Diaries.
Stephanie claimed she didn't like the recessed lighting in the kitchen, so they're going to take it out and replace them with more pendant lighting! I could be wrong, but I think she said that the recessed lighting wasn't in keeping with the chateau. Jeez, when did THAT ever stop her?

IT'S A KITCHEN!! They need the recessed lighting so that people who actually prepare food can see what the heck they're doing! Recessed lighting can be a form of task lighting. I have both in my kitchen, recessed lighting and a pendant light over my island. If they didn't have the B&B and were just cooking for themselves, I wouldn't care so much, except that from a design perspective it would still be bad. But think of how much light will be missed without the recessed lighting in that terrible kitchen! Think about the effort it will take to clean the pendant lighting all the time!

I know a lot of you say this all the time and it's so true - she's trying to put lipstick on a pig. She does it to that chateau and she does it with her supposed boyfriend, Philip. You just can't make something be something it's not ever going to be!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
You can move peonies but need to replant them careful as too deep or too shallow and they won’t flower. The best Uk supplier is Kelways IMO. A huge family of flowers if different heights and flowering times etc.
The lovely one known as molly the witch is of course good in shade.

You could always grow potatoes and use the great and easy to seed and weed ground cover plants limnanthes douglasii , known as the poached egg plant for this year to clear the ground.Then muck over winter with some HORSE not cow manure and STRULCH. And get plants and bulbs ordered and chosen.
bear in mind that most things only need a few inches of soil unless trees of course… so don’t dig up the builders rubbish to the surface but let the worms pull goodness down.
Roses if you like hips Blance double de Colbert ,maybe phlox, hydrangeas lots of choice and magellanica type fuschia , and underplant with geranium phaem lily Lovell and others like Patricia, and maybe lamium pink Nancy and other lower growing perennial geraniums.
Also different Astilbes,Astrantia ,Bergenia some good ones with leaf colour, Persicarias but not everyone likes these dock looking plants . Fanny has these in her swampy chapel garden😂

Good bulbs would be chionodoxa, muscari latifolia. NOT the common one….. good daffs that don’t have big heads and drop down for the weight eg white lady scented and a great cut flower. ( uk Avon bulbs) Amongst your hellebore you could right now carefully plant some snowdrops bought in the green and some allium nigrum.
Sorry I do have opinions😂

Many of us lost shrubs to the frost this year☹ I consider this sad but a new opportunity!
I am excited to start again. There is no builders rubble just years of ivy and bramble that want to grow back so a war of attrition. But I have taken a screen shot of this and I am looking forward to getting stuck in. I love being outside and just doing stuff in the garden. I also like to entertain in the garden and have flowers from the garden and it is a continuing job isn't it. Thank you for all your well considered advice. Fanny could do with you too. Really grateful thanks so much xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Puy Vidal needs to be renamed after Flip’s visit. Into Gore Vidal!!

I am waiting now a few seconds for you all to understand that.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Anna is looking for another 10 mugs to learn how to make dull wallpaper. Sign up now she may never run the course again!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I didn’t Google it either! Lol… I’m going with an educated guess that this has absolutely nothing to do with a big giant frozen icee flavored drink called a Slurpee that you get from QuikTrip.
I did.
And you're right.
It has nothing to do with slurpees.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
From Behind the Chateau Door's latest amazing video:

Rachel Kertesz-kovacic

45 minutes ago
I wonder what the laws are in France around cohabitation/relationship/assets entitlements
emoji_u1f914.png
I know in France squatters are a real issue! If you watch the latest episode of ‘Queens Escape’ - Saving their Chateau from potential squatter! So if removing squatters is a difficult and lengthy process, then what is now Phillips level of ownership to La La Land? Honestly it may very well be a real concern if things sour between them.
emoji_u1f937_1f3fc_200d_2640.png
️ Anyone know the laws in France governing my concern above.

vkvaD7jCu26d9_slE_Yu0So=s176-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

WvkvaD7jCu26d9_slE_Yu0So=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

·
1 reply

WvkvaD7jCu26d9_slE_Yu0So=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Behind the Chateau Doors

41 minutes ago
I gather he’d just get a percentage like her other ex
emoji_u1f923.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
The Puy Vidal people are your typical Europhilic American social climbing family who fantasizes about living a Downton Abbey life.
Your comment is summed up perfectly when the Puy Vidals returned from their Easter break at HMN.
One of the lesbians says . . . from chateau to chateau.
Pretentious or what.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

😲 Bloody hell! A bow and arrows? Was the alleged would be squatter from the Netherlands and did his name begin with S? 🤔

(Damn... visiting kids awake and wanting brekkie. Back to the grindstone). Bye bye 👋 my lovelies!
That same thought occurred to me.

• Haha
Ummm…you seem to ask a lot of questions that take longer than just putting “puy vidal” into the YouTube search button. What’s up with that? Sorry. Most people get blasted by now for asking easily answered questions that they can do on their own by searching google or YouTube or the Wiki at the top.I don’t watch most of these other chateau shows. But if I have a question about them, I go and look at their YouTube videos.
Another 🚢🐟 trip...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Your comment is summed up perfectly when the Puy Vidals returned from their Easter break at HMN.
One of the lesbians says . . . from chateau to chateau.
Pretentious or what.
For me it was when the Dad was cooking a bog standard pork in mustard sauce and ket saying it in French and then English all a bit Fawlty Towers Gourmet night

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That same thought occurred to me.
Selmar once thought he could stay for at least ten years at LL and I am sure he thought the same at the last chateau where he lived. I guess the owners realised it wasn't wise to let him stay any longer.

Reactions: 20
Selmar once thought he could stay for at least ten years at LL and I am sure he thought the same at the last chateau where he lived. I guess the owners realised it wasn't wise to let him stay any longer.
I also remember talk about him restoring the mill ... such a dreamer.

Right thought I could like this lot until they mentioned a themed Regency picnic in the flower bed. What is wrong with all these pretentious wankers. Not only that they have shown themselves to be utter sycophants by deleting not only the insulting comments about Phi Phi but also anything mild questioning Fanny. Blundering chumps:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
At least it wasn't the Philadelphia Cream Cheese...

Same, also he's a bully and an army deserter.

In other news Mary Quant has passed away. RIP. The 60's were something thanks to her and her creations. ❤
I will be buried in my miniskirt and Vidal Sassoon bob. Though I must say pix of Quant as an octogenarian in the bob were, uh, not as cute as weshe was in the '60s.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.