The Chateau Diaries #232 Daffodils are not the only micro thing at the shatto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Fanny only bought La Lande because it was the biggest she could get with her money (she equates the biggest as the best I am not including Snorts polo dick in this assumption.) Puy Vidal, De Brive, Honfleur, De la Ruche are all more beautiful with more original features and smaller but she had to have the biggest her money can buy. Just as well Purdon wasn't on the market when she was viewing. La Lande internally is devoid of much character or original features and what it did have she is destroying.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It is a friendly community. Trust me, if you thought my reply was curt you should see some of the comments most of us have received at one point or the other on here. Just trying to figure out why you have so many questions that are so easily answered if you just used google or looked at YouTube. Definitely try the little search button on YouTube if the conversation is about a chateau you haven’t heard of. I typed in “puy Vidal” and it takes you to their latest Easter blog of them at Lalande. There are some really funny people on here, but in order to understand their references and jokes, since we are all in multiple countries, it does take a bit of googling. For example, I had no idea who Des Kaye was from the comment made by Doing it Ourselves comparing him to Phillip. So, I googled Des Kaye and burst out laughing at the reference to Phillip. Just beware of anything that has a sexual connotation before you Google it!

I am pretty savvy with computers (in an office setting and software), but this Tattle site is probably the most challenging one I’ve ever used. Probably because I only look at it on my phone. I’m afraid of too many viruses to look at sites like this on my computer. Maybe it’s easier on a laptop. So, I understand tech issues. I just wasn’t sure why you were asking all the questions. Makes sense now. Hope these couple of tips help you. I’m pretty new to YouTube too, so I am not an expert on it. The search button is my friend.

Editing to add: I once got blasted from someone on here for saying something benign, like, who doesn’t wear sandals in the summer? This person came back at me and said she had all of her shoes and belongings destroyed or something and couldn’t afford new sandals…but then a couple of months later she was talking about her comfortable life in her new fancy condo. I’m pretty sure she (or he) had adequate footwear and was just picking a weird fight. Just beware. There are some wackos that come through here so don’t take anything personally. I mean…sandals. Lol
i too access this in my phone and genuinely never thought to use the search 🙄🙄 but I will for sure now and apologies for all the questions as new to this site also and feeling my way around been a hard week as my son (wirh Aspergers ) had sadly lost his friend in a car crash so my head is not in the right space !
No offence taken and I will deff hunt out this Puy Vidal or whoever they are

• Heart
With the VIP lounge opening soon, @LittleMore Cottage do you have a thread title, either made one or nominated one.

Also, I received this video from Ruby the cat, shows the real Easter party they had at Lalande. Looks more like havoc to me, but then again anything goes at the derelict farmhouse...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
i too access this in my phone and genuinely never thought to use the search 🙄🙄 but I will for sure now and apologies for all the questions as new to this site also and feeling my way around been a hard week as my son (wirh Aspergers ) had sadly lost his friend in a car crash so my head is not in the right space !
No offence taken and I will deff hunt out this Puy Vidal or whoever they are
I think you’ll enjoy their vlog on the Easter weekend at Lie Lande it’s great to see what the little pink phone doesn’t show, a look behind the curtains as it were. Hope it takes your mind off your troubles ❤‍🩹

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't think you can move peonies they don't do well. I will get there the garden looked lovely last year but virtually everything in that South facing part died when it hit -15 last winter, the poor things weren't established enough to take the extreme temperatures. Peonies may not be around for long but they are so lovely. Maybe I should start a patreon account and empty Davey the dynamic.
---
Puy Vidal the gift that keeps giving

View attachment 2099386
World of surprises
45 minutes ago
I have nothing against Phillip, but he is a kid, with no experience, no job, no profession, and clearly a shopaholic. Seems to be a nice guy, but that’s about it.

View attachment 2099408
Brownowl34
3 hours ago
I'm appalled . Philip has no idea. This chateau doesn't need his insight at all

GW
4 hours ago
La Lande - ' some people come into your life for the sole purpose of showing you what not to do. '

View attachment 2099409
Brownowl34
3 hours ago
Exactly. How to ruin a chateau. Have a boyfriend with a Granny fetish
View attachment 2099411
Anja Lavalle
6 hours ago
You can learn a lot from Philipe and the La Landers owners. Such a great help for you View attachment 2099412

View attachment 2099413
Steph Jezo
6 hours ago
View attachment 2099414

View attachment 2099415
Brownowl34
3 hours ago
Yes how to spend hundreds of thousands of patron dollars and end up with a chateau more destroyed and actually dangerous and after 16 years it's still axwreck. Also philip is a shopaholic and buys trash

Barbara Gomez
7 hours ago
I am beyond thrilled to see more frequent posts from your magical, and breathtaking Puy Vidal your content is real, organic there’s no script. I think I’m adding a week at the château on my bucket list

View attachment 2099418
Brownowl34
3 hours ago
Exactly but their association with those misfits at Lalande not so great
You can move peonies but need to replant them careful as too deep or too shallow and they won’t flower. The best Uk supplier is Kelways IMO. A huge family of flowers if different heights and flowering times etc.
The lovely one known as molly the witch is of course good in shade.

You could always grow potatoes and use the great and easy to seed and weed ground cover plants limnanthes douglasii , known as the poached egg plant for this year to clear the ground.Then muck over winter with some HORSE not cow manure and STRULCH. And get plants and bulbs ordered and chosen.
bear in mind that most things only need a few inches of soil unless trees of course… so don’t dig up the builders rubbish to the surface but let the worms pull goodness down.
Roses if you like hips Blance double de Colbert ,maybe phlox, hydrangeas lots of choice and magellanica type fuschia , and underplant with geranium phaem lily Lovell and others like Patricia, and maybe lamium pink Nancy and other lower growing perennial geraniums.
Also different Astilbes,Astrantia ,Bergenia some good ones with leaf colour, Persicarias but not everyone likes these dock looking plants . Fanny has these in her swampy chapel garden😂

Good bulbs would be chionodoxa, muscari latifolia. NOT the common one….. good daffs that don’t have big heads and drop down for the weight eg white lady scented and a great cut flower. ( uk Avon bulbs) Amongst your hellebore you could right now carefully plant some snowdrops bought in the green and some allium nigrum.
Sorry I do have opinions😂

Many of us lost shrubs to the frost this year☹ I consider this sad but a new opportunity!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I had to go back and view the Puy Vidal video, the section of the little village La Chatre. What a charming little town! It is such a shame that Steph has absolutely no connection to anyone there. She totally missed out on so much (but we knew that anyway) - local craftsmen for chateau repair/upkeep, farmer's markets and local artisans. She could have hosted craft fairs, events for the community (remember when she used to host music workshops and performances at the chateau?). There are so many opportunities for connection, but yet when she's out shopping, no one knows her, or really has any reaction to her. She's just another face in the crowd. She could have been such a big part of the community. But, I guess that would take work and commitment, and we know that Steph has neither of those qualities.

Instead she buys a lot of crap (along with Phi Phi) to fill the chateau to the point that it will all come crashing down. Rather sad to have no ambition for anything other than being lazy and bored. So much potential, so little care.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She is getting touring with a camper van hostility mixed up with travellers who live in them and pitch up anywhere, usually car parks or somewhere else illegally.
and use the loos as showers and leave litter, steal water and generally a mess. Having said this I have read that many who can no longer afford to pay rent or a mortgage and these vans are their only home. This makes me very sad as if I found myself like this I would want to be somewhere safe which may not be pleasing to local residents

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dan the Drone, superb photos from Gwen and Billsters Chapel, he is far more clued up than M Potts photo attempts at CHMN

Tattle Dan Fans here you go new Channel to subscribe to ...GOOD

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree with you @ScooterMaGoo. But I think Fanny's whole problem now is that strangers (who think they are friends) are paying for her COVID lifestyle. Puttering around with her mummy in her Chateau. But she never did that nor does she want to. She is a resident in England, flutters around and using the HMN as a glorified frat house for her Oxford peeps and associates. This has been mentioned previously by others and it's 100% what's happening. She was living off Airbnb income here and there, workshops a couple times during the summer, a shite B&B of granny tat, but now with people paying her thousands to renovate/restore, she doesn't know how.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Dan the Drone, superb photos from Gwen and Billsters Chapel, he is far more clued up than M Potts photo attempts at CHMN

Tattle Dan Fans here you go new Channel to subscribe to ...GOOD
Besides getting something actually done and dusted in every video, Billy throws work to his mates. And guess what, they get their work done too. The idea that SJ is able to fleece all of those morons every month is truly unbelievable. At least the Petherick’s have more subscribers that Fanny!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I still think this would be a funny thread title…he is reminding me of Curb Your Enthusiasm guy…lol…meh, halfway to being complete or halfway to disintegrating… 😂

I haven’t watch Puy Vidal since their first episode. I’m in love with the younger sister’s multi colored hair. She couldn’t be any cuter. ❤

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I still think this would be a funny thread title…he is reminding me of Curb Your Enthusiasm guy…lol…meh, halfway to being complete or halfway to disintegrating… 😂

I haven’t watch Puy Vidal since their first episode. I’m in love with the younger sister’s multi colored hair. She couldn’t be any cuter. ❤
I don't think Larry David would be impressed with the CHMN: one look at the kitchen table would tell him they don't respect wood 😆

Penelope is cute; she seems to have a brighter/sunnier personality than the rest of the PV posse.

• Haha
Dear God! What is that monstrosity?!? The fresnel lens from a lighthouse?!?
I just finished watching the latest Chateau Diaries and was coming on here to comment on that light fixture!

First off, I like the light. But it's NOT for either of the two areas they bought it for! I thought Philip was so good at designing? Does he not take measurements of anything? He bought that monstrosity thinking it could go down the freaking hallway - not just one of them, but 5 or 6 of them, all the way down that narrow, low ceilinged corridor? The spot they settled on isn't for it either, especially at the height they were hanging it from and where they were going to hang it. It was too large for the space! Every time someone walks up the stairs, they're going to have to duck or they'll hit their head. Aren't there standards for B&B's in terms of emergency exits? If there's a fire, how is someone expected to jump out of bed and run down that hallway and down the stairs without hitting their head on the damn thing?

Stephanie's just as bad! In the hallway, with the smaller pendant lighting she kept saying "Oh, hang it lower!!" It wasn't until they thought of one person - that Puff man that "buys" her the Fortnum & Mason goodies (sorry I can't remember his name - Andrew?) - that she allowed the lights in the corridor to be hung higher.

This is why architects and designers attend college. This is why they take continuing education courses. If either one of them had bothered to Google, they'd know that there are standard heights for hanging light placement, clearances to adhere to. Any non-designer can see that light was too large - it works in spaces with cathedral ceilings, or large ceiling entryways, not those pokey little hallway spaces at Lalande. No offense to pokey little spaces - I live in a townhome with pokey little spaces, but you wouldn't find me putting in oversized lighting that doesn't fit the scale of its rooms!

It's maddening to watch him go about pretending to be something he's clearly not.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
*coughs*

I referred to it as Ch Puy Lentil yesterday! An alternative is Ch Gore Vidal.
And I've been laughing about it since you first coined it. I will, forever more, always think of them as chateau Puy Lentil. Bravo @NotAChatelaine

Though I have to confess I'm not a fan. Found them a little dull. I remember the mother and a daughter being at CHMN. I also remember fanny, phyll-arse and wavey Davey going to view on the Puy Lentils behalf. I feel the mother is, or has been, beholden to fanny for her input and help with the viewing. However, after this Easter weekend, that feeling maybe waning. Papa Puy Lentil definitely not impressed CHMN nor fanny. And probably won't put any tit from her. The daughter and girlfriend want in on fanny's viewers. Whether that will happen who knows.

I feel fanny sent phyll-arse to ch. Puy Lentil to get rid of him for a while, though it looks like only for the day. Maybe she told him he could get content for his own channel and will sell him up to others in the chateauverse. Fanny is definately becoming more and more snipey with phyll-arse and phyll-arse is becoming more and more mumbley, sulky answering back! It's like watching the beginning of an acrimonious breakup. They both have dirt to dish on each other so it will be interesting to watch this play out!

• Heart
I had to go back and view the Puy Vidal video, the section of the little village La Chatre. What a charming little town! It is such a shame that Steph has absolutely no connection to anyone there. She totally missed out on so much (but we knew that anyway) - local craftsmen for chateau repair/upkeep, farmer's markets and local artisans. She could have hosted craft fairs, events for the community (remember when she used to host music workshops and performances at the chateau?). There are so many opportunities for connection, but yet when she's out shopping, no one knows her, or really has any reaction to her. She's just another face in the crowd. She could have been such a big part of the community. But, I guess that would take work and commitment, and we know that Steph has neither of those qualities.

Instead she buys a lot of crap (along with Phi Phi) to fill the chateau to the point that it will all come crashing down. Rather sad to have no ambition for anything other than being lazy and bored. So much potential, so little care.
oh that is sad ! I took it there was no town nearby as they always push how rural the chateau is and I’ve never googled it lol ! She could indeed have held many fairs or brocantes etc in the summer wonder why they have not integrated locally esp as they speak French

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I loved MPotts in the latest Vlog....making Pizza & f-all for snots, special pizza - saw lots of creme fraiche, cheese & even bacon with egg ala carbonara pizza.
[/QUOTE]
Also the little git had a drink of the Easter tea… apart from it being very expensive it had orange blossom flowers in it and yes they are citrus! ,.
Did Potts put his bun recipe up on the patron flog?
most recipes will have mixed fruit and peel yes snorts that is Citrus , ,remember you are allergic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I just finished watching the latest Chateau Diaries and was coming on here to comment on that light fixture!

First off, I like the light. But it's NOT for either of the two areas they bought it for! I thought Philip was so good at designing? Does he not take measurements of anything? He bought that monstrosity thinking it could go down the freaking hallway - not just one of them, but 5 or 6 of them, all the way down that narrow, low ceilinged corridor? The spot they settled on isn't for it either, especially at the height they were hanging it from and where they were going to hang it. It was too large for the space! Every time someone walks up the stairs, they're going to have to duck or they'll hit their head. Aren't there standards for B&B's in terms of emergency exits? If there's a fire, how is someone expected to jump out of bed and run down that hallway and down the stairs without hitting their head on the damn thing?

Stephanie's just as bad! In the hallway, with the smaller pendant lighting she kept saying "Oh, hang it lower!!" It wasn't until they thought of one person - that Puff man that "buys" her the Fortnum & Mason goodies (sorry I can't remember his name - Andrew?) - that she allowed the lights in the corridor to be hung higher.

This is why architects and designers attend college. This is why they take continuing education courses. If either one of them had bothered to Google, they'd know that there are standard heights for hanging light placement, clearances to adhere to. Any non-designer can see that light was too large - it works in spaces with cathedral ceilings, or large ceiling entryways, not those pokey little hallway spaces at Lalande. No offense to pokey little spaces - I live in a townhome with pokey little spaces, but you wouldn't find me putting in oversized lighting that doesn't fit the scale of its rooms!

It's maddening to watch him go about pretending to be something he's clearly not.
I would also have thought as a B&B they would have to have emergency lighting incase if fire etc but I stand to be corrected

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.