The Chateau Diaries #232 Daffodils are not the only micro thing at the shatto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right thought I could like this lot until they mentioned a themed Regency picnic in the flower bed. What is wrong with all these pretentious wankers. Not only that they have shown themselves to be utter sycophants by deleting not only the insulting comments about Phi Phi but also anything mild questioning Fanny. Blundering chumps:

It bugs me how Julia pronounces words like "flatter and important " with emphasis on the T. No one else in the family does this including Carolina.

Reactions: 13
I will be buried in my miniskirt and Vidal Sassoon bob. Though I must say pix of Quant as an octogenarian in the bob were, uh, not as cute as weshe was in the '60s.
Good to see you are still here. Your absence was commented on, missed your mouth watering suggestions.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Este fue mi aporte a la familia Puy Dival. Espero que siendo personas con raíces latinas entiendan el punto y vean que lo que estoy tratando de decirles es por su bien. DEBEN PONER FANNY Y LALANDE DISTANCIA YA!
Buena publicación! Me gustó lo que dijiste en YouTube y espero que haga la diferencia.

Reactions: 10
You can move peonies but need to replant them careful as too deep or too shallow and they won’t flower. The best Uk supplier is Kelways IMO. A huge family of flowers if different heights and flowering times etc.
The lovely one known as molly the witch is of course good in shade.

You could always grow potatoes and use the great and easy to seed and weed ground cover plants limnanthes douglasii , known as the poached egg plant for this year to clear the ground.Then muck over winter with some HORSE not cow manure and STRULCH. And get plants and bulbs ordered and chosen.
bear in mind that most things only need a few inches of soil unless trees of course… so don’t dig up the builders rubbish to the surface but let the worms pull goodness down.
Roses if you like hips Blance double de Colbert ,maybe phlox, hydrangeas lots of choice and magellanica type fuschia , and underplant with geranium phaem lily Lovell and others like Patricia, and maybe lamium pink Nancy and other lower growing perennial geraniums.
Also different Astilbes,Astrantia ,Bergenia some good ones with leaf colour, Persicarias but not everyone likes these dock looking plants . Fanny has these in her swampy chapel garden😂

Good bulbs would be chionodoxa, muscari latifolia. NOT the common one….. good daffs that don’t have big heads and drop down for the weight eg white lady scented and a great cut flower. ( uk Avon bulbs) Amongst your hellebore you could right now carefully plant some snowdrops bought in the green and some allium nigrum.
Sorry I do have opinions😂

Many of us lost shrubs to the frost this year☹ I consider this sad but a new opportunity!
So tell us what you really think about Fanny’s garden! :D

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Very disappointed Puy Vidal censoring the comments.
Well, the comments are pretty harsh...and true... but Puy Vidal have to keep up a polite relationship with LL. Comments were up long enough for anyone of any consequence to see. Steph probably made a phone call to protect her son. Puy Vidal knows Philip is an idiot.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Something has been bugging me. When Anne Marie is shown cutting the joist. Did anyone else wonder if he was doing this correctly. For those in the know please comment.

Reactions: 15
Well, I had a look and it seems the Puy Vidals have scrubbed the negative comments about Philip, including the very good one from the Secret Chateau (the person who is a French architect and that @KyBourbon cited). Hopefully, they have taken what he/she said to heart as it was spot on correct.

I also saw that they responded to a couple of questions, two of which were brought up and discussed here.

View attachment 2100894
Hopefully next time? I don’t think your parents will go back within 50 Kim’s of the HMN let alone stay over for a night. Do yourselves a favour and make sure you’re busy with other plans next Easter.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Selmar once thought he could stay for at least ten years at LL and I am sure he thought the same at the last chateau where he lived. I guess the owners realised it wasn't wise to let him stay any longer.
Yeah, when the campervan reality vs a gifted chateau life truly sunk in, Tatyana hit the bricks

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dan the Drone has 800 subscribers, well done Dan, preferred his original Dantastic YT name which shows his original chateau 🎥
(Thought Mickey Mouse had invaded my post, where are my specs ?).

• Haha
They did capture this nicely….. dangerous wreck! I thought…. Mummy had arranged for the terrace to be repaired early April. Not happening
I felt they showed the worst of the place, like an insult in disguise... Yet the mother went on about how grateful they were... And honestly, every flog from Easter weekend looks boring as.... no comradery, no fun, just 'okay, go get eggs, okay, sit and eat, now duck off...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I just finished watching the latest Chateau Diaries and was coming on here to comment on that light fixture!

First off, I like the light. But it's NOT for either of the two areas they bought it for! I thought Philip was so good at designing? Does he not take measurements of anything? He bought that monstrosity thinking it could go down the freaking hallway - not just one of them, but 5 or 6 of them, all the way down that narrow, low ceilinged corridor? The spot they settled on isn't for it either, especially at the height they were hanging it from and where they were going to hang it. It was too large for the space! Every time someone walks up the stairs, they're going to have to duck or they'll hit their head. Aren't there standards for B&B's in terms of emergency exits? If there's a fire, how is someone expected to jump out of bed and run down that hallway and down the stairs without hitting their head on the damn thing?

Stephanie's just as bad! In the hallway, with the smaller pendant lighting she kept saying "Oh, hang it lower!!" It wasn't until they thought of one person - that Puff man that "buys" her the Fortnum & Mason goodies (sorry I can't remember his name - Andrew?) - that she allowed the lights in the corridor to be hung higher.

This is why architects and designers attend college. This is why they take continuing education courses. If either one of them had bothered to Google, they'd know that there are standard heights for hanging light placement, clearances to adhere to. Any non-designer can see that light was too large - it works in spaces with cathedral ceilings, or large ceiling entryways, not those pokey little hallway spaces at Lalande. No offense to pokey little spaces - I live in a townhome with pokey little spaces, but you wouldn't find me putting in oversized lighting that doesn't fit the scale of its rooms!

It's maddening to watch him go about pretending to be something he's clearly not.
Snorty goes about everyday, in everything he does, pretending to be something he’s clearly not!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I will be buried in my miniskirt and Vidal Sassoon bob. Though I must say pix of Quant as an octogenarian in the bob were, uh, not as cute as weshe was in the '60s.
I missed your face! ❤ What's for dinner tonight? 🍽 🍗🥟🥧🥮

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Love that PV have left the negative PhiPhi comments up
They have now deleted nearly all comments (bucket loads according to one comment) with a just a few left while they were sleeping I guess. Surely they’ve got the message that many think Phillip is an absolute tool with no taste. My guess, all about boosting subscriber/viewers, but it could backfire badly. They’re using SJ in the same way SJ uses everyone. It’s sad and desperate.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
I have taken a break from the circus at the shitto. But today I pressed the button to watch the latest. When I saw Mr Teeth and the boy toy with his much longer straggly hair and that moon face of his I felt sick. I think I need another bleeping break.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
i too access this in my phone and genuinely never thought to use the search 🙄🙄 but I will for sure now and apologies for all the questions as new to this site also and feeling my way around been a hard week as my son (wirh Aspergers ) had sadly lost his friend in a car crash so my head is not in the right space !
No offence taken and I will deff hunt out this Puy Vidal or whoever they are
Puy Vidal boring as batshit, I can’t stand them.
More importantly I’m so sorry to hear of your sons friend passing. It’s going to be a rough journey for you both and my heart goes out to you ♥

• Heart
It's to big Michael, TO BIIIIIIIIIIG 🫦

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.