The Chateau Diaries #232 Daffodils are not the only micro thing at the shatto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think there is anyway Fanny pays out £30k a month and if she does for the level of work being done she would be nuts. I imagine Kirsty, Ombeline are paid minimum wage. Pavlina maybe 500 a month plus board. Amaury will get top dollar. Natti £1,500 tops plus board.
The minimum hourly gross wage is now at €11.27, representing a monthly wage of €1,709.28 on a weekly basis of 35 hours. I was thinking in dollars, but you are right…she is likely paying the absolute minimum wage plus room and board, or in some cases paying in kind (lumber), or limiting hours to 1-2 days per week. We know she’s cheap. I’m commenting more on the fact that she needs to hire such a huge team instead of doing some work herself. some Tattlers have also mentioned labour laws in France, which I know little about, but maybe there are rules for contractor and service providers.

Even with the BNB, her property isn’t self-sustaining. Without thousands of dollars in donations, how could she keep it going, even with the vlog….unless she and co-owners dig into their own pockets. Really, she has no business plan. even famous celebs can lose thousands of followers in a day….while she has been like Teflon, her channel could easily fall apart, if for example the algorithm changes.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The Chateau Puy Vidal vlog popped up on my feed. I will give them this- Carolina and Julia are certainly running an organized operation- securing licenses to serve food and alcohol (I highly doubt Fanny has either), meeting with the plumber to install the remaining sprinkler system, ice machine new hot water heaters and making repairs. Fanny, take note- dry erase boards with projects prioritized on them, and Carolina has a folder full of checklists/paperwork. Penelope's swingset aerial rig arrived, and Maruca and Bob helped her set it up- it's an odd thing to have in a chateau courtyard, but at least it can be taken down. The family head to the Shittiest Little Whorehouse in France, which looks pretty depressing when they pull up. The family walks around the perimeter, and Bob does not look impressed. Cut to the next day- Carolina, Julia and Penelope awake in the children's bedroom Snorts' study, which showcases what a dump it is (what is going on with the door and frame on the right?) They head to the kitchen in search of croissants and coffee- where they arrive to an empty but messy kitchen- ah, apparently they missed the memo that Fanny does not provide brekkie for her guests. The family heads out to La Chatre to find a proper meal, and sightsee. Back at the Shitoo, the girls head to dinner, where Tess stands alone drinking by the fireplace, trying to stay warm, while Fanny and Snorts stand off by themselves, where Fanny is a vision to be beheld dressed as a pink blob. Easter Sunday- the girls help set up, along with the other guests (Fanny was probably still asleep), and Snorts looked like a deranged Puss in Boots disguised as a rabbit as he pranced about setting the cutlery. The family is forced to don the filthy ears of Easters past, and go about on the egg hunt, where they find a ton of candy. Carolina remarks, "Oh my goodness- you guys- aren't you embarrassed?" Penelope (who is still acts like she is 5) remarks she re-hid like 5. Carolina reminds them to share with the kids. Later, back in their room, Julia films and tries to say nice things about the room- LOL, Carolina (looking very unimpressed) refers to the doors as "vampire coffin doors". Downstairs to lunch, where buffet dishes sat in the sun for lord knows how long- not a chafing dish in sight. After lunch, the family decided to escape, and had to stop at a rest stop to charge their cars and get snacks because we all know full well they were all probably wise enough to eschew most of the lunch offerings. Once they arrive home, Julia asks who wants wine... Hahaha! The next day, Julia explains Snorts will be coming to visit them to offer his architectural "expertise"- I felt she was being polite, as there is really no way in hell Bob is going to take anything this clown says seriously. Like a bad penny, Snorts turns up. Hey Snorts, how about fixing the things at La Lande- like bad hospitality, structural issues, and terrible food? Julia and Carolina are obviously doing a much better job- they should be coaching YOU. Le fin.
Thank you for watching this so that I maybe don't have to. I can't deny it...I feel betrayed by this family. They've let me down.
But as I read your synopsis, I felt a tinge of relief. They see la Lande for what it is. Let's hope they see Philip for what he is, as well.
Maybe I'll watch this in the morning, when my cats wake me up again at the crack of pre-dawn!

• Heart
The minimum hourly gross wage is now at €11.27, representing a monthly wage of €1,709.28 on a weekly basis of 35 hours. I was thinking in dollars, but you are right…she is likely paying the absolute minimum wage plus room and board, or in some cases paying in kind (lumber), or limiting hours to 1-2 days per week. We know she’s cheap. I’m commenting more on the fact that she needs to hire such a huge team instead of doing some work herself. some Tattlers have also mentioned labour laws in France, which I know little about, but maybe there are rules for contractor and service providers.

Even with the BNB, her property isn’t self-sustaining. Without thousands of dollars in donations, how could she keep it going, even with the vlog….unless she and co-owners dig into their own pockets. Really, she has no business plan. even famous celebs can lose thousands of followers in a day….while she has been like Teflon, her channel could easily fall apart, if for example the algorithm changes.
I suspect this is why Herr Nuti can't get her Porky Mitts on the candies and biscuits in those Cadeaux packages fast enough- and why Amaury looks awful- he's living on a diet of Marlboro Reds and Tim Tams! The only time there is food in the Shitoo is when someone brings it or she's filming a vlog. (Does she even reimburse Amaury and Herr Nuti for the bolangerie trips?) If it weren't for Kirsty planting the massive garden, they'd be in an awful state. Even the B&B guests get the bare minimal (Fanny is too cheap to hire someone to even clean their rooms during season), but pay a song for it.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I love that Bob from PV said “it’s halfway to completion or halfway to disintegrating”. That pretty much sums up all of Lie Lande

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
So.... I almost died! 😵
My dark black witchy heart decided to stop due to a couple of measly blood clots... and kept me in ICU for 4 days, and a few more days in hospital and I was finally allowed to come back home 3 days ago.

My darling mother in law is ensuring I don't lift a finger and my boyfriend has threatened to handcuff me to bed should I even attempt to do anything but rest. Although I'm not strictly against the handcuffs, I had to accept I'm only allowed a mobile just for communication... no work whatsoever!

Now…. Tell me what I missed? I should really teach more of you how to screen grab the Patreon videos... what if I had died and you were left Patreon-less? Quelle horreur! I'll post a "How To" as soon as I'm allowed a laptop!
OMG that is sooooooooo scary. My intuition was telling me that you were having a difficult time. I do not post much here, but I do worry when great people like you disappear longer than expected. So good to see you back... rest and get well.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I bet Fanny wished she had that sex toy to play on in the gardens at Lalande - she'd get more use out of it than the Jardain Anglaise

I wish they hadn't cut the Mum out when they were driving up to the shitoo - wonder what she really thinks of the dump

Since when is 2.19 minutes a very long drive? And they took a 1 hour rest stop??? 2 hr 19 min (172.7 km) via D951

Dad, without saying a word, tell us what you really think about the shitoo!

PV Mum, best RBF ever!!!

The shitoo is not unspoiled. It's dead quiet because you're in the M of BFN and Fanny has destroyed the landscape!

Snorty in his natural habitat: bringing the cheque after dinner and setting the table for the lunchtime rush.

Kim Raad wearing a sexy backless black number and Fanny wearing a gawd awful 1980's 'Not Pretty in Pink' number

The Bunny Ears aren't adorable - they're filthy! (Ladies avoid at all cost)

Snorty - Architectural Expertise????? (What is that girl smoking????) I just want to slap Snorty - really hard!

1681436478022.png

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Thank you for watching this so that I maybe don't have to. I can't deny it...I feel betrayed by this family. They've let me down.
But as I read your synopsis, I felt a tinge of relief. They see la Lande for what it is. Let's hope they see Philip for what he is, as well.
Maybe I'll watch this in the morning, when my cats wake me up again at the crack of pre-dawn!
You're welcome! I don't think they are a bad lot- if anything, they seem to be very organized and have a solid business plan. I don't think they really took Snorts seriously, but felt they had to film his arrival to be polite (he only came for the day, luckily, but suspect Fanny sent him in as a spy to get him out of the house and he's a nosy little twit) and stay in good graces with the rest of the Chateau-verse. With Bob (Papa) on board now (don't underestimate this guy- it's the quiet ones to watch out for!), he sees things as they are, and his facial expressions were a dead giveaway when he arrived to LaLande and started inspecting the facade, and made the remarks about the tennis court, while glancing at the terrace stairs and swamp in disapproval. I would love to see the unedited version- Bob- "This place is a dump!" Carolina, "Dafuq?!? Why is there no breakfast- just a filthy kitchen?!? Do they all sleep until noon?!? Who actually runs this place?" Maruca, slapping Penelope's hand at the Easter lunch- "We don't know the hands that made it nor how long it has been sitting out. Put some food on your plate to be polite, but do not eat a thing. Yes, you can eat the pre-packaged candies to tide you over. We'll buy you a snack on the road."

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Crowds wait outside Boots for hours after demand soars for new anti-ageing cream hailed as 'Botox in a jar' that experts claim could help facial burns and scars
  • Over 94,000 people signed up to waiting list for an anti-ageing range from No 7
  • And countless queued outside Boots stores up to two hours early on Wednesday

You just know Fanny is either on that list or made a quick trip to her local Boots in London (or both)
---
You're welcome! I don't think they are a bad lot- if anything, they seem to be very organized and have a solid business plan. I don't think they really took Snorts seriously, but felt they had to film his arrival to be polite (he only came for the day, luckily, but suspect Fanny sent him in as a spy to get him out of the house and he's a nosy little twit) and stay in good graces with the rest of the Chateau-verse. With Bob (Papa) on board now (don't underestimate this guy- it's the quiet ones to watch out for!), he sees things as they are, and his facial expressions were a dead giveaway when he arrived to LaLande and started inspecting the facade, and made the remarks about the tennis court, while glancing at the terrace stairs and swamp in disapproval. I would love to see the unedited version- Bob- "This place is a dump!" Carolina, "Dafuq?!? Why is there no breakfast- just a filthy kitchen?!? Do they all sleep until noon?!? Who actually runs this place?" Maruca, slapping Penelope's hand at the Easter lunch- "We don't know the hands that made it nor how long it has been sitting out. Put some food on your plate to be polite, but do not eat a thing. Yes, you can eat the pre-packaged candies to tide you over. We'll buy you a snack on the road."
Bob's face says it all!
Notice the chain across the top of the crumbling terrace steps.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I love that Bob from PV said “it’s halfway to completion or halfway to disintegrating”. That pretty much sums up all of Lie Lande
Thread nomination 🧵 , courtesy of @MadameChat and Bob (thanks, Bob!) : "Lie Lande- it’s halfway to completion or halfway to disintegrating!"

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I love all the comments asking when she's going to get off her ass and do work around the chateau. Two weeks from never my dears! She left filthy, faded curtains with holes in them, on the windows of her London flat for two years after pointing them out. She could have used any of the five thousand curtains she's received in the gift grab. She could have used fabric she owns and sewn them up at the farmhouse and taken them with her to London. Her schtick is petulantly doing nothing and being a loser to spite her parents. She consults experts and pays for plans knowing full well she's going to actually destroy the room/wing/land in question. It's her Eff you to mummy. Over and over and over again. Gives her a little thrill disappointing all the people who DARED have once ounce of expectation from her. The very NERVE! She'll burn it all to the ground bit by bit is my guess.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I thought Lalande Kirsty's surname was Wyld, as her Youtube channel is called Wyld in France, so maybe this other Kirsty is one of BG's cronies.
You are probably right - you've been here much longer than I, so would know better. All I did was hover on the tag and saw this picture and assumed it was a much younger Kirsty and that this was her maiden name. It looks like her, but I suppose anyone could slap a picture of anything or anybody and call it a day.

View attachment 2097465
I got a recent YouTube comment and wondered if it was from Kirsty’s “secret” YouTube profile.🤔

89FE5E8A-E702-4519-9B0E-FB61C3561F74.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Bob's face says it all!
Notice the chain across the top of the crumbling terrace steps.
[/QUOTE]

The state of that place looks like its been abandoned for 20 years 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Just out of curiosity...
From about 6 years old on, it was my job to set the table. If the fork was askew my mom would ask, "What would Emily Post say?"
:m :m :m :m :m :m :m
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wazzup here with the napkin under the knife...?
Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 7.35.52 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know I keep bringing this up, but some of those plates are so far gone, that I am positive they stink to high heaven. The glaze has failed and they soak up foul dishwater. They are unsuitable to eat off of and probably unsafe as well. Display them, fine. I love the look of distressed transferware. But good grief do not serve food on them, especially to guests.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
So.... I almost died! 😵
My dark black witchy heart decided to stop due to a couple of measly blood clots... and kept me in ICU for 4 days, and a few more days in hospital and I was finally allowed to come back home 3 days ago.

My darling mother in law is ensuring I don't lift a finger and my boyfriend has threatened to handcuff me to bed should I even attempt to do anything but rest. Although I'm not strictly against the handcuffs, I had to accept I'm only allowed a mobile just for communication... no work whatsoever!

Now…. Tell me what I missed? I should really teach more of you how to screen grab the Patreon videos... what if I had died and you were left Patreon-less? Quelle horreur! I'll post a "How To" as soon as I'm allowed a laptop!
Oh wow sounds horrific …. Much rest and speedy recovery xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I love all the comments asking when she's going to get off her ass and do work around the chateau. Two weeks from never my dears! She left filthy, faded curtains with holes in them, on the windows of her London flat for two years after pointing them out. She could have used any of the five thousand curtains she's received in the gift grab. She could have used fabric she owns and sewn them up at the farmhouse and taken them with her to London. Her schtick is petulantly doing nothing and being a loser to spite her parents. She consults experts and pays for plans knowing full well she's going to actually destroy the room/wing/land in question. It's her Eff you to mummy. Over and over and over again. Gives her a little thrill disappointing all the people who DARED have once ounce of expectation from her. The very NERVE! She'll burn it all to the ground bit by bit is my guess.
I have been trying to infiltrate sub comments on the vlogs, not sure if my banishment is forever. No way to tell really, but I feel a little lighter🤣🤣 Pretty sure I have been cancelled for good though..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
What a mess, who painted that staircase? This place is a shambles!
I thought that ! Also on the left looks like all the plaster is flaking off - wouldn’t go buying and hanging new lights till the walls had been sorted

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So.... I almost died! 😵

How shocking! Glad you are on the mend. How lovely that your boyfriend and MIL are looking after you so well. Please get heaps of rest, and let your loved ones care for you. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.