The Chateau Diaries #230 Philip is the bouillion cube of arm candy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched a video in the past month from someone - can't remember who, but he's British and is one of the guys who works at Billy's, I think - who showed a chateau and talked about what it was being sold for (sounded like a bargain, but read on), what it would take financially to renovate, explained why it's sat unoccupied for so long and clearly explained the taxes France would charge once the place got renovated. What struck me is that those taxes go up exponentially higher the second you get the roof on it! And the first thing you'd do is put a roof on it because it's protection from the elements - why fix anything under a roof when you haven't even got a roof? LOL!

Right off the bat, after you'd spent the $300,000 to repair or replace the roof, you are facing steep, steep French taxes, no matter that the rest of the place is in ruins and unlivable. And this is why, at least according to this guy, these places sit around, left to the elements and eventually become too far gone - unless some boob like Dan comes along!
It's a wonderful Life, is who did the video.
Yes and if you do repairs yourself and then sell you are liable for anything that goes wrong for 10 years!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Yesterday when the disingenuous witch was all laughter and fun she sad she had already filmed the diary for today so don't fake sad again
She's like a flipping emotional yo-yo! With more ups and downs than the big dipper 😳
" Oh look I'm so sad ☹😭 and now I'm happy 😂 but also sad 😭 " one day she'll forget which emotion she's meant to be feeling and will either sob through the grabeaux or laugh her self silly when a peachick dies! Either way- the granny fans will just say ' rest - you work so hard, you deserve a holiday's 😡
---
I guess the Chatelaine de Monetization wants to watch Gentleman Jack to better understand her gender bending Gay Twank fake boyfriend. 😝

View attachment 2067332

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Thank you....that's it! I probably never would have found it, as it was just some random thing I watched that showed up in the "For You" feed, probably because I was looking at a lot of homes for sale in Italy and France at the time. It's a short video and very interesting, talking about a property that a corporation bought and has done nothing with, despite initial claims of turning it into a conference center. The place looks like Dan's, with trees growing through it.

And here is the video....Another interesting thing I learned and forgot about was his discussion about doing the work yourself versus hiring competent contractors. You are liable under French laws for 10 years after reselling the property , so if you do the work yourself, that liability is all on you. He said contractors have insurance for this. This is an important fact. With all of the off and on talk about Stephanie selling.....she'd have a very hard way to go on that front, with the slipshod work that's gone on there.

Yes it was very interesting and informative, should be required watching for anyone thinking of buying a cheap chateau. F4Fs dump wouldn’t pass the muster

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Josie has a cup of tea/coffee while that glutton eats a meal that would feed two people.
A lot of people would view A pouff puffs his way through gastric band surgery.
Hes a loud mouth breather....
They have no content other than Fannys sweepings or is that brooming!
When will the Indian pergola be put up in the vegetable...garden?
Does anyone else think Snorts should give up pretending to play the piano. My three year old great neice has more affinity. Fanny encourages him by saying she enjoys hearing him play. I do not!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Well..... Fanny is having a "breakdown" ........ only because she took her shower in the morning too early and missed the chance of flashing all the tradies that came along with the heating !!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Thank you @ComtesseRose! You are a star!!!

So…Michael Petherick makes a YouTube “Members Only” video showing footage of himself working on the cottage from back in July 2022. No Patreon videos since February 2022. If I was a patron on Patreon or if I had contributed to his cottage gofundme, I would be LIVID! These people already donated money to him for the cottage …he didn’t get around to releasing videos on the cottage for months and months…but NOW they have to pay AGAIN on ANOTHER platform to see the cottage they paid for!!! Michael…this is another IDIOT move on your part! He just can’t help himself! What a f***ing dumbass.

EDIT: Looks like he also released the same video on Patreon. I still don’t get it…why have two pay platforms? Just more to manage. Divide and conquer? Doesn’t make sense to me. And, I’d still be angry if I had contributed to his gofundme but didn’t have access to the cottage work unless I paid more money.

View attachment 2067084
View attachment 2067085
View attachment 2067086
Overkill on the filters too.. eyes too blue and flawless complexion..
---
Horrible. They're called horrible!

Andrew's vlogs are as sloppy and dodgy as he looks. Did anyone else notice the stupid random airplane window view clip at 2:37?
Like, what the hell was that? Sloppy! Just sloppy!
They are horrible, Andrew's huffing and puffing is annoying AF, he needs to either move his mic or get an O2 canister.

Awww .. the baby boy US pic is so sweet.. can't wait to hear more about him. ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Pavlina didn't join Dan, Philip and Stephanie for dinner because she was too exhausted to perform for the camera.
Who can blame her?
She's the only one of the four who had been out working.

And the editing!
Makeup off, makeup on, makeup off.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I watched a video in the past month from someone - can't remember who, but he's British and is one of the guys who works at Billy's, I think - who showed a chateau and talked about what it was being sold for (sounded like a bargain, but read on), what it would take financially to renovate, explained why it's sat unoccupied for so long and clearly explained the taxes France would charge once the place got renovated. What struck me is that those taxes go up exponentially higher the second you get the roof on it! And the first thing you'd do is put a roof on it because it's protection from the elements - why fix anything under a roof when you haven't even got a roof? LOL!

Right off the bat, after you'd spent the $300,000 to repair or replace the roof, you are facing steep, steep French taxes, no matter that the rest of the place is in ruins and unlivable. And this is why, at least according to this guy, these places sit around, left to the elements and eventually become too far gone - unless some boob like Dan comes along!
An honest accounting of the monthly/yearly costs in maintaining a chateau property was made some time ago by Chateau du Breuil (a.k.a. Chateau Memoirs).

Last edited:
  • Heart
1680214705415.png

Clearly some electrickery has been supplied to the ruin.
At least we'll be able to see if it falls down in the night.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Why o why would you have a Brit plumbing/heating company with undoubted massive mark-ups install an expensive- to-maintain heating system in a farmhouse that needs first and foremost structural work before anything? Even the gift grab grannies must be questioning these illogical decisions!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It's a wonderful Life, is who did the video.
Yes and if you do repairs yourself and then sell you are liable for anything that goes wrong for 10 years!
Who are these people? Are they worth watching? I don't think I've ever watched anything but this video by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
An honest accounting of the monthly/yearly costs in maintaining a chateau property was made some time ago by Chateau du Breuil (a.k.a. Chateau Memoirs).

Thanks for this - I will watch it tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Who are these people? Are they worth watching? I don't think I've ever watched anything but this video by them.
Not worth watching, they creep me out! The lady giggles like a little girl, and the man thinks he is living in 1920's... eeew! Just a huge no for me!

• Haha
  • Heart
5872A7D2-FEA2-4E12-9B26-085F2D033BCC.jpeg

I think the piano could have gone in the other corner. No one uses that doorway. Would not have had to move couches and rearrange Snorty’s pot plants. Good luck getting Davy’s mom’s plates out of that closet now. Snorty no longer cares how SJ wants her home decorated. He is making it comfy for him and his lovers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
they used to own a castle and had some castle related business. he had some job on the side, but everything went downhill in 2020. they sold the house and bought a farm. i watched couple of their vlogs. i think part of their financial problems was his obsession with old military cars and motocycles. they like to pretend they live in 1940s or around there.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I used to watch them when they owned a house <mansion> Chateau Le Croix Honnet? They are a quirky couple who live like it was still 1945.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.