The Chateau Diaries #230 Philip is the bouillion cube of arm candy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what makes you think she is depressed? Was it the holiday in Dubai, trips to Versaille, Maastricht, she doesn't show any symptoms of being depressed. As for menopausal- all women go through it at some point I don't see any signs other than Rosacea and the menopause doesn't mean you become a lying grifting hag.
---

That message is so precious he must have spent hours pondering what to write
I can agree with you on that one - living with young adults who have suffered from depression all their lives I certainly see no sign of it in Fanny whatsoever

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Baby Update: 19 weeks, our BOY looks healthy and strong! The missus is doing very well. 😍 😍
To quote Howard Stark (Avenger's Endgame), "The kid's not even here yet but there's nothing I wouldn't do for him!"

yay2.png

Sorry to derail. Now back to Lalande! ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 89
Baby Update: 19 weeks, our BOY looks healthy and strong! The missus is doing very well. 😍 😍
To quote Howard Stark (Avenger's Endgame), "The kid's not even here yet but there's nothing I wouldn't do for him!"

View attachment 2066660
This kind of derailment is encouraged and much needed! Congrats on the 19 weeks and the little boy! I can't wait to hear of his arrival!
---
Dan's Patreon keeps growing, but even if he gets 250K out of it in a year, that won't even pay for the roof on that place .... Philly just commented that the roof on the old ruin he and Billy just went and looked at would cost that much to repair, and the Chateau Grifferaie people also have had that as a quote for that place, and both of those still have at roof of some sort on them!

And hearing the cost of the old ruin visited by Billy and Philly, I would assume Dan's place was less than the price of a used car too. So cheap to buy initially, but getting it fixed up will take a ton more.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This kind of derailment is encouraged and much needed! Congrats on the 19 weeks and the little boy! I can't wait to hear of his arrival!
---
Dan's Patreon keeps growing, but even if he gets 250K out of it in a year, that won't even pay for the roof on that place .... Philly just commented that the roof on the old ruin he and Billy just went and looked at would cost that much to repair, and the Chateau Grifferaie people also have had that as a quote for that place, and both of those still have at roof of some sort on them!

And hearing the cost of the old ruin visited by Billy and Philly, I would assume Dan's place was less than the price of a used car too. So cheap to buy initially, but getting it fixed up will take a ton more.
Bearing in mind that he’ll have to pay almost 50% in various taxes on his grift as well. Perhaps he’ll follow his heroine’s example and try and cheat the system?!?

Reactions: 21
Bearing in mind that he’ll have to pay almost 50% in various taxes on his grift as well. Perhaps he’ll follow his heroine’s example and try and cheat the system?!?
So true, I hadn't even thought of the taxes!

I won't believe he isn't scamming until I see the roof on that place.

The photos of Franny's garden are showing a very dire, uncared for garden. Alla & Sergei's garden is so much better looking and cared for! I don't watch the "tours" of her flowers and her cooing over them, but the before and afters are awesome and seeing things dramatically change is pretty awesome. (I skim a lot of her vlogs, she tries too hard to emulate her idol Franny being fake cheery all the time. I feel for Sergei, I think he's the real one over there and finds her faking for the camera annoying. But they do both work very hard.)

• Heart
Reactions: 19

View attachment 2066660
Love the derailment! Congrats! Happy to hear everything goes well!

aaaaaw, you are too cute!

• Heart
I watched a video in the past month from someone - can't remember who, but he's British and is one of the guys who works at Billy's, I think - who showed a chateau and talked about what it was being sold for (sounded like a bargain, but read on), what it would take financially to renovate, explained why it's sat unoccupied for so long and clearly explained the taxes France would charge once the place got renovated. What struck me is that those taxes go up exponentially higher the second you get the roof on it! And the first thing you'd do is put a roof on it because it's protection from the elements - why fix anything under a roof when you haven't even got a roof? LOL!

Right off the bat, after you'd spent the $300,000 to repair or replace the roof, you are facing steep, steep French taxes, no matter that the rest of the place is in ruins and unlivable. And this is why, at least according to this guy, these places sit around, left to the elements and eventually become too far gone - unless some boob like Dan comes along!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I can agree with you on that one - living with young adults who have suffered from depression all their lives I certainly see no sign of it in Fanny whatsoever
Anxious for sure though. I believe Clara about her travelling woes. Hence the support Squirrel. Any adult person, with any kind of self will and direction, couldn’t bear to be a paid companion. Nick and Potts have outgrown Stephanie’s manias whilst Stephanie will/cannot move forward. Her guardians will come and go but they will always be a listless 20 something

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I watched a video in the past month from someone - can't remember who, but he's British and is one of the guys who works at Billy's, I think - who showed a chateau and talked about what it was being sold for (sounded like a bargain, but read on), what it would take financially to renovate, explained why it's sat unoccupied for so long and clearly explained the taxes France would charge once the place got renovated. What struck me is that those taxes go up exponentially higher the second you get the roof on it! And the first thing you'd do is put a roof on it because it's protection from the elements - why fix anything under a roof when you haven't even got a roof? LOL!

Right off the bat, after you'd spent the $300,000 to repair or replace the roof, you are facing steep, steep French taxes, no matter that the rest of the place is in ruins and unlivable. And this is why, at least according to this guy, these places sit around, left to the elements and eventually become too far gone - unless some boob like Dan comes along!
I don’t know if it’s still the case, but in England that is why you see so many country houses as shells. Taking off the roof significantly lowered the tax burden. Many of the impoverished aristos took that step and moved into dower houses or gate lodges. Sad to say, but those country piles are many generations passed their sell by dates. They are simply no longer fit for purpose.

... probably his printer is out of ink and he can't print anything until the new ink arrives tomorrow :p
Translates to: Things have really, really slowed down on my pic sales, so I'll put some effort in if you buy one...
---
I’m not Stephfending, I think SJ is selfish, shallow, a Charlatan and manipulative … but there needs to some care on commenting on the consequences most likely of menopause and long term depression. I have no grievance or problem calling her out for mismanagement of dubious funds and taking advantage of people resulting in the most awful of consequences. Unsure if I’ve explained clearly and whether I should run for cover 🏃‍♀️😊
Nothing stopping her coming here and explaining herself if she feels unfairly criticized...

• Haha
  • Heart
This is very nitpicky but Is the crumbling farmhouse in the Limousin region? Or is this more creative thinking by SJ? The map of the Limousin area certainly doesn’t think so but perhaps several sources on the internet are wrong! Any clues, @JackSpratt and/or @Cest moi?

Also, according to the Steff & Ollie’s show website Lalande has undergone a name change or, more accurately, has reverted to what it was originally. In the great scene of things, not awfully important but inconsistencies in info really irritate me. It’s lazy, it’s sloppy, it’s unprofessional. Having said that, we’re talking about Stephanie Jarvis who epitomises the lazy, the sloppy and the unprofessional.

thView attachment 2066548
Lalande is still in department 36, Indre. And it will remain so. The region is Centre - Val de Loire. Although originally it was just known as Centre. Indre never got "re-assigned" into another region when the re-jigging was done a few years ago which saw the creation of three super regions - Occitanie, which joined Languedoc Roussillon with Midi Pyrenees. Nouvelle Aquitaine, which joined Aquitaine, Poitou Charente and Limousin and Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes which joined Auvergne and Rhone Alpes.

For the life of me I can't think why fanny would like to be in the Limousin region. Especially when the region where she is situated has the name Loire in it. Surely that would have more cachet for her, living in a chateau and being associated with a region that has some of the most famous chateaux in the world.

It's never wise to try to understand how the brain of a complete and certifiable lunatic works...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I don’t know if it’s still the case, but in England that is why you see so many country houses as shells. Taking off the roof significantly lowered the tax burden. Many of the impoverished aristos took that step and moved into dower houses or gate lodges. Sad to say, but those country piles are many generations passed their sell by dates. They are simply no longer fit for purpose.
We now pay council tax in England based on how much a house is worth. Can get confusing but this might explain it better than I can.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well he fucks up everything else he touches. Hopefully he'll duck up on his taxes and get deported.

• Haha
  • Heart
We now pay council tax in England based on how much a house is worth. Can get confusing but this might explain it better than I can.
Yes, I should’ve clarified that the practice mostly predated WW2. After that you saw lots of demolitions or sales to local municipalities for reuse as educational institutions, care-homes or public enjoyment such as parks. As romantic as some find the notion of living in one, these hulks are nothing more than decaying corpses of a long dead society.

Reactions: 12
The first few comments on Michael's latest announcement could be a strong indicator that the future of his channel is bleak!

1680198478841.png

cd909.png

The monster Michael Pethetrick created which is his reputation of long absenteeism and not being able to follow through with his commitment, is now beginning to bite back! Every time he rebirths his channel with a fresh start, his monster becomes more and more vicious!

Come on, Michael! Just make quality amusing and interesting videos, let them generate YouTube income, and be satisfied with that!
You've also proven yourself to be a good greeting card salesman! Stop grifting! No matter how hard you try, the damsel in distress card that your best friend SJ plays all the time won't work for you. Neither of you is a damsel, but SJ plays being in distress lies better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
She is not depressed and probably not even peri menopausal yet
Is this Fanny’s engagement ring? Maybe her husband was not into polyamory?

Her boil seems to have been removed?

I’m fuming about her gall to set up another channel. Wake up patron you are funding yet another lifestyle. Ollie is going to have a piece of the Lalande pie after all. They are crooks .Ollie is yet another weak man.

Where will squirrel be when she is with Ollie, no wonder she has let Jared stay at the chateau as a playmate for him.
---
---

Dan has explained that the roof to be in his ruin is not made in the traditional way. I have absolutely no doubt nothing he does is traditional….. but it seems he will build up then make? A roof . Perhaps his Lego method is cheaper.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
The monster Michael Pethetrick created which is his reputation of long absenteeism and not being able to follow through with his commitment, is now beginning to bite back! Every time he rebirths his channel with a fresh start, his monster becomes more and more vicious!
Should we add fuel to the fire? :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.