The Chateau Diaries #230 Philip is the bouillion cube of arm candy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guy from “it’s a wonderful life” did a vlog on the cost of buying a ruined chateau
Thank you....that's it! I probably never would have found it, as it was just some random thing I watched that showed up in the "For You" feed, probably because I was looking at a lot of homes for sale in Italy and France at the time. It's a short video and very interesting, talking about a property that a corporation bought and has done nothing with, despite initial claims of turning it into a conference center. The place looks like Dan's, with trees growing through it.

And here is the video....Another interesting thing I learned and forgot about was his discussion about doing the work yourself versus hiring competent contractors. You are liable under French laws for 10 years after reselling the property , so if you do the work yourself, that liability is all on you. He said contractors have insurance for this. This is an important fact. With all of the off and on talk about Stephanie selling.....she'd have a very hard way to go on that front, with the slipshod work that's gone on there.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Ok, good, the heating is progressing.
I was wrong.
But, when they are already installing new technology, in a room they use every day, why on earth didn't they patch the walls?
This scene makes me nervous.
Screenshot_20230330_220918_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230330_220851_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I guess the Chatelaine de Monetization wants to watch Gentleman Jack to better understand her gender bending Gay Twank fake boyfriend. 😝

F270A70E-4145-40B6-A379-CA85D31BB71B.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I was wrong.
But, when they are already installing new technology, in a room they use every day, why on earth didn't they patch the walls?
This scene makes me nervous.View attachment 2067301View attachment 2067302
They expect to have the heating up and running by the end of April. that went up by a month.

P.S. because of the thumbnail I sat and watch with my face showing my disdain! One would think I was smelling tit!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Need to hide
Our whereabouts when instead of
Renovating, we are in Paris or Vienna or
Dubai or London or Versailles or…Emmaus.

96F2297C-8B10-49DE-AD66-0BCDEF700EFE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I was wrong.
I think if you live in a place 18+ years , you start to not see it anymore. My ceiling is not great in the cottage I keep patching it , but I probably need a new roof. I just don't look up, the next owner will knock the whole thing down and build something brand new.

• Haha
  • Heart
Would you pay 300 euro per night to stay in that tack room self catering?
Especially as there is not a snowball’s chance in hell that all the restoration of the walls where the new flue is going and the repainting required will be done and even with her manipulative messing around of time there is now only a few weeks until the guests arrive. I noticed that the paint on the walls of the spiral staircase is also looking decidedly the worse for wear and that was one if the most recent makeovers.
If they can’t be arsed to paint the fireplace in the Marquis’s apartment which was “finished” many months ago, that tack room apartment stands no chance. And why are there remnants of yellow hazard tape clinging to the oh so secret door in there. I thought the only hazardous areas were the Grand Salon and the chapel.
Have to say that I know nothing about plumbing or heating but I am impressed with what Fanny has shown in respect of boilers and all the circulatory gubbins, to my inexperienced eye it does look as if it is going to be a good job.

• Haha
  • Heart
I was wrong.
Thank god I am not the only one who got annoyed with that! SJ will never go there so it doesn't have to be pretty from the inside. the cupboards will be pretty. The part which she might actually see.

@JackSpratt Can you ask Mr Spratt professional opinion on the work carried out since January till now? are they slowing it down on purpose or are they on track?

The menopausal heffer commenting on motherhood (of the chickens) with such irony in her voice it sent chills down my spine. Sometimes the nature has a way of stopping certain DNA lines.

• Haha
Mave needs to cross over to the dark side! she'll not only learn what a menage a trois is but a lot more terms!

1680209414577.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
How can someone send such frigid vibes while eating breakfast - Nutty seems like a woman who has never had an orgasm. She also seem the worlds youngest 60 old.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
How can someone send such frigid vibes while eating breakfast - Nutty seems like a woman who has never had an orgasm. She also seem the worlds youngest 60 old.
It's the quiet ones you have to watch I bet she goes like a pneumatic drill. Her come face may not be pleasant.
---
HY_higkoAuUvLpnQ2yd8Nrng=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Oliver Pavic
56 seconds ago
Stephanie....the reason you’re waking up earlier and earlier is....AGE!
emoji_u1f602.png
emoji_u1f937_1f3fb_200d_2642.png

oWedWc_CPDr1h9MTyXgqXRAw=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Well None
11 minutes ago
Le Lande is on its way to another productive year - all that growing, and mowing, and . . . . more furniture moving! Yaaaay!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Okay, so watching Michael’s chateau tour from the other day, got me thinking about the wallcoverings and drapery. The fabric is a questionable choice, but even more so is the decision to not properly line and interline them. Someone commented about the dining room’s fabrics being particularly egregious. During the rehashed tour Michael did mention the room originally had tapestry that had been vandalized and couldn’t be saved. I remember that being mentioned in one of his or Billy’s early vlogs. I’m betting the dining room originally had tapestries verdure for the wallcovering. Often the drapes were done in the same fabrics. It would’d been more suitable given the architecture of that room. It’s the look Fanny tried and failed to recreate in the marquis’ apartment.

AF892E87-D89C-48B4-817E-B5A0DA706007.jpeg

Reactions: 20
I am so bad a maths it is a standing joke at work, but I do the creative tit ha ha. I can however cost a job by just plucking a figure out of my head which is uncannily accurate.
That's what the local painting firms in my area appear to do also. Quotes range from$300 labour and I supply paint, to $12K....
Some people just don't want to work....shades of Stephanie Jarvis. Why should she when there are idiot patrons footing the bill?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Or maybe she just could not cross the finish line...
They like woodland animals in the gift grab I suggest we may consider sending Nutty a rabbit to help her cross the finish line. Fanny will like it too as they come in pink and look cute
---
That's what the local painting firms in my area appear to do also. Quotes range from$300 labour and I supply paint, to $12K....
Some people just don't want to work....shades of Stephanie Jarvis. Why should she when there are idiot patrons footing the bill?
That sounds like greed not an inability to add up.

Reactions: 14
What are their vlogs called
Horrible. They're called horrible!

Andrew's vlogs are as sloppy and dodgy as he looks. Did anyone else notice the stupid random airplane window view clip at 2:37?
Like, what the hell was that? Sloppy! Just sloppy!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.