The Chateau Diaries #215 When Grandpa gives you a tureen at age 12, even he knows you're a queen!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have 3 English who I would call good friends here, that's all. As you've said the little 'enclaves' are not particularly nice to get caught up in, a lot of bitching and one upmanship goes on. They want to live here because they've managed to buy a bigger place than they would ever have been able to afford in the UK and then show off, then they sit about complaining about the French and France. They hardly intergrate or bother to learn the language, quite sad I think. Mr Spratt's client base at the moment is about 80% Brit based, he's slowly getting more and more French and Dutch clients. The French can be very reluctant to change to a new artisan for work. They will use the same person for years and years, even if that person is not that good at what they do it's because the 'family' have always used them. It could be different in other parts of the Country but it's most certainly the rule of thumb here.

As already said for the most part the French do not want the Chateaux as it is a never ending money pit, unless you've the income to maintain it. Some French will buy the old properties and I've seen it start more and more around here, usually younger people. Equally our local town and the capital of our Department are getting bigger and bigger more and more new builds. I'm out in the countryside in a little hamlet of 25 houses and two large farms but I do wonder how long it will be before the new builds get nearer.

The Lady I work for grew up in a Chateau in the Charente. They had the Chateau and an appartment in Paris. When the parents died her brother said he wanted the family home and she had the appartment. Both her brother and sister in law stayed there until their deaths and now their 3 sons are fighting over it. She told me it's sad to see the old house falling appart.
My friend who lives in Golfe Juan, SoF, during a visit, I mentioned that I was surprised by how many gorgeous La Belle Epoch type villas were virtually ruins. She said that French inheritance laws were entirely different and far more complicated than in the UK. Is that still the case?

My sister has had a holiday home on one of the Spanish islands for decades and spends at least 6 months a year there too - she has never felt the need to learn the language - has always irritated/surprised me! Hey ho, at the end of the day, none of my business. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
Of course there is more to tell. The point is that Stephanie Jarvis dragged much of her entourage into a narrative where they have to enjoy every second of her love and laughter act and have lost all privacy (her mother is the one who has been complaining about this for the longest time). So it's in their interest she shuts it down. I'm not saying she will, but there's many who want her to, preferably yesterday.
The shittoo is an albatross, but Fanny's stubborn. She's contrary and even if she knows it's wrong will do the exact opposite simply because she refuses to be told what to do. Also, Fanny loves:
  • the attention (she's a narc)
  • not being tethered to mummy's purse strings and being on an allowance (she resents her mother)
  • having 'her own' money to spend as she wishes (she's a shopaholic)
  • being a 'boss' with people to do the menial chores (she's lazy)
  • being a Chatelaine (has dreamed she's Marie Antoinette since childhood)

-

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
If mummy dies it will give her the perfect excuse. Or Percy, Or Gerry, or Aloysius. She'll grab any excuse is my guess.
What will happen to die-hard fans when SJ cancels the CD?
Will they form a support group or will they switch to another channel and continue in the "same tone".
Are they thinking about a withdrawal crisis?
Do they have a solution for that situation?
Maybe they "turn" to God and find solace in faith?
And what if they are already believers, how much will God help them?
I wouldn't want to be in their shoes!
Or, will they "open their eyes" and realize that they have been deceived?
Oh, how many questions?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She could have dual nationality if Isabelle had retained her French nationality when she married Derek ( pre UK in EU) but there was a problem around Brexit time with Fanny trying to get this done; it seems likely Isabelle gave it up. You can apply through the French Consulate in London for extended long stay visas but you have to pay. Without these you have to leave the EU for 90 days before returning
I know Fanny flits here there and everywhere whenever she gets the chance but I don’t think she has left the EU for 90 days or more since she put herself in the spotlight. She must have French citizenship to continue to stay for the length of time that she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m thinking it was the Tattle lockdown. Staph’s flying squad couldn’t get in for disruption and had to react some way.
That would make sense. Do we know what prompted the tattle lockdown? It's a far reach, but a huge coincidence, but fraudie getting hett up... I for one am a great believer in there being no such thing as coincidence! Everything happens for a reason!

Reactions: 15
I know Fanny flits here there and everywhere whenever she gets the chance but I don’t think she has left the EU for 90 days or more since she put herself in the spotlight. She must have French citizenship to continue to stay for the length of time that she does.
what about those residence permisions or whatever it was she had to renew?

Reactions: 10
So Dan finally bought some safety footwear, unfortunately he bought completely the wrong type "rigger boots". Son works in Health and safety and these style are banned on sites due to the fact that they are so easily stepped out of. Watching Dan walking up his roof and wall step way you can see what is wrong about them. He may as well have been in wellies. Steel cap toes with laces is what he needed be they ankle covering boots in even ones that resemble runners, it looks like he bought the cheapest option on the market stall.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
So Dan finally bought some safety footwear, unfortunately he bought completely the wrong type "rigger boots". Son works in Health and safety and these style are banned on sites due to the fact that they are so easily stepped out of. Watching Dan walking up his roof and wall step way you can see what is wrong about them. He may as well have been in wellies. Steel cap toes with laces is what he needed be they ankle covering boots in even ones that resemble runners, it looks like he bought the cheapest option on the market stall.
he's a fool, what else did you expect.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
She's hardly the tea connoisseur she pretends to be. An arbiter of taste would never leave a pot of tea to stew on top of a cast iron stove all day. As a general rule, tea is means to be drunk 6 to 7 minutes after the pot is made. Any longer and the tea leaves begin to sour and leaves a bitter after-taste. But perhaps she likes it like that - afterall, practically everything she does leaves a bitter after-taste.
she pretends to be accomplished but.. drinks cheap tea that she or any other numpty coming from the UK brings her

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That would make sense. Do we know what prompted the tattle lockdown? It's a far reach, but a huge coincidence, but fraudie getting hett up... I for one am a great believer in there being no such thing as coincidence! Everything happens for a reason!
Lockdown seemed to be roundabout the same time the new Tattle membership rule was initiated.

Reactions: 9
what about those residence permisions or whatever it was she had to renew?
I don’t know as I am really no expert but I think it was Brexit going through that finally kicked her arse into finalising her citizenship in France. Before that there were no restrictions on movement.

Reactions: 21
@Clara Burnett Why do you think she is letting all the ridiculous comments stay up on her patreon account, they will surely make a lot of contributors think twice about it all.
If Fanny discredits the hate site, she's hoping her Patreon's won't cancel their subscriptions and watch her videos here.
Don't think it's a smart move, but Fanny can be quite dumb.

Reactions: 13
weirdly this last comment on patreon from yesterday has now gone?

Beccky Nater
1min
Big shout out to "Scorcher Groves" you are 👌🏽 on fire have a🥓🥓

This however is new and now hags names not so cleverly hidden in the textL

Beccky Nater
5h
Yes, I love San Gimignano. We had Halcyon days there on our honeymoon . Loved the Organic olive oil and it made such a refreshing change from Kentucky. Tuscany is fabulous i read the whole of the Count of Monte Cristo whilst I was there. I loved it when Steph and Philip went to Tuscany with the other Chateau owners😘
That’s completely deranged.
I’m aware that pointing the finger is a sure fire way to bring paranoia and upset to these threads and we’re better than Fannys friends so I’m gonna keep my powder dry. Imo these two posts, inc why certain people have been named, make perfect sense. They are a attempt at being cryptic, when you know you know. Never underestimate a ADHD brain that is blessed with the ability to hyper focus - it’s a super power.

I’m here in the background joining all of the dots and gathering the evidence. There’s lots of ways to catch a monkey (or several) 🐒

Anyways, I have zero attention span and it takes a lot to keep my attention, sorry Beccky but I’m bored of you now. ‘Twas fun - ta-ta X

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
she pretends to be accomplished but.. drinks cheap tea that she or any other numpty coming from the UK brings her
A while ago I had an online snoop re the Yorkshire Tea teabags she makes a fuss about.

'Yorkshire Gold is an award-winning tea. It has won 2 stars in the Guild of Fine Foods Great Taste Awards known as the Food Oscars. It also was recognized as the best cup of tea in England.'

I wouldn't know if this is correct as I haven't seen this brand in Australia.

Reactions: 13
There sure is plenty of story left. But she never wanted to renovate that property. It was always about playing princess and having a party pad. It was her father who probably wanted to renovate it, but he died and she got saddled with it. Hence why IJ is always after her.
It is actually a fascinating conundrum.
She succeeded in making bank because she was able to sell a story. But it's a story that she does not want to really be a part of. She wants to flit from one city to another (and party, f&ck everything in sight, drink etc...). But she has to hide it or else get called out on it because she is supposed to be selling the chatelaine dream, to collect that money.
She should face it once and for all and admit that a life long reno project is too huge of a burden for an immature party girl to carry. If she really loved that property it would be pristine. FFS she has peeling wall paper hanging down the walls. She can't pull that off? Or get a gluestick??? It would take literally 3 seconds to fix that! She has never lifted a finger to fix or repair anything. It's always been about sewing curtains, making a spice rack, doing wallpaper...
She actually does not deserve that property.
She has ruined that property.
She really should just shut CD down and go with the travel channel. Yes she will lose patreons but other people will follow her who don't know her sketchy CD past. Because they want to see a tarty blonde with a flipping skirt visit exotic places around the world, while they stay home and watch someone live the life they want.
But with travel channels, the competition is huge. HUGE.
In the chateauverse, she's in charge! QUEEN!!
It's just that she's too lazy and stupid to charge the maximum.

Reactions: 16
Seems like Fanny does have an EU passport (French possible, but Irish was discussed earlier) & UK. But she has to declare where she is bonafide resident. She pays taxes there first (and in case of UK & France) and then resident country will want to tax global income as they define it (interest, inheritance, income, etc). She can flit back and forth without the 90 in 90 out rule over 180 day period (aka France), but she needs to declare her residence. Then her drivers license also comes into effect etc.

Edit to add: she then files tax in 2nd country but her tax liability is less given she paid first in "resident" country. She has to provide proof of that.

Ollie surely is a Spanish resident as he did all this purchasing before Brexit, Cami too. BTW are your drivers license's switched over yet? There bonafide residence is Spain - and trust me - Spain will want a piece of the tax pie of alllll global income, interest from investments, any inheritance will be taxed (% is based on where u live, so theirs is obviously Cataluña).

Either way taxes won't be pretty. She knows it and will claim dumb but I am sure she may be asking her Aunt & Uncle to oversea all that on her behalf. Isabelle cant.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That may be exactly what has triggered the HMN to behave in such a ridiculous fashion on the CD comments feed. Ultimately, so that they can shut down comments completely there due to the "aggressively offensive" nature of those posting. And only have comments open on the Patreon account. IDK, just thinking aloud here!
The computer whiz @Karma baby! having broken the "code" to enable the Patreon vlogs to be uploaded here again.
I bet it annoyed the life out of SJ and MP after they felt so smug thinking that they had got one over on their "haters", only for it to have been so v.v. short lived! :ROFLMAO:
I think it's the patreon vlogs that pushed her over the edge. Gosh they were blatantly dramatized for the maximum effect to get more money o_O and now when we're calling her out for it. She thought she would get away with it without us knowing. A lot of her patrons are reading here, I hope we've managed to cast new light to these videos.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.