The Chateau Diaries #215 When Grandpa gives you a tureen at age 12, even he knows you're a queen!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is doing it up in keeping with the age of the building but with the feel of a large family kitchen. He has beautiful travertine, hexagonal tiles with slate inserts already on site and is going to have freestanding furniture. I thought I’d better answer incase Caroline Gooder isn’t a fan 😂
The tiles are beautiful.

They are hinting about a delivery for next Tuesday.
Billy jokes it's the biggest piece of furniture in France.
I have a feeling it's the massive cupboard that he and Ryan were recently looking at in a brocante.
It would look fab in the kitchen.

He has an idea but hasn’t shared it.
I think they are going to convert the convent into a luxury home.
I agree.
He makes out he hasn't a plan but I think he knows exactly what he will do with the convent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
I agree.
He does do everything properly and he has been a bit elusive about who will use it but he drops little hints.
Billy is quite shrewd I think, and likes to keep his cards close to his chest.

Getting back to Steph.
It's ironic how she was brought up in a 'big house' in which her parents and their staff cared for paying 'guests'.
Here she is, thirty odd years down the track, living in a 'big house' doing something that in a way is not dissimilar . . . running a house for paying guests.
Almost like running a lunatic asylum

• Haha
Reactions: 21
On one of our many visits going back home, husband and I wanted to have a little mini getaway so we stayed at a beautiful property in the Dordogne. This was back in 2006
The owners, husband and wife, had just bought their property a few months before. The property was in acceptable condition for guests, they cooked the food using produce from the garden, the rooms were clean... But there was definitely work to be done. The husband was up at dawn and was still working into the evening. The wife, was right with him, in between cooking delectable meals.

I looked up the chateau a few years ago and they were doing quite well, the property looked better and they were doing car shows and weddings... They updated the central courtyard between the buildings, landscaping was well manicured... The natural lake with papyrus looked cleaned and healthy... They installed a beautiful terrace/patio with a covered outdoor bar.

I just looked up their property a few minutes ago and it is 4 stars fabulous!
Gorgeous pool, the 17 rooms are chic, onsite restaurant with chef, onsite bar, a library, business center, the grounds are stunning. They still do car shows, weddings, now they have themed getaways.
Go check it out. It is a beautiful property and the area is gorgeous. I highly recommend.
La Villa Romaine
SJ bought her property the year before they did...
What a wastrel...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

🐒💨
How beautiful and a wonderful recommendation. The difference between these folks and Staph is that she doesn’t care a fig about LaLande and never has. It was a party palace in the summer season. The rest of the year it was never intended for them to inhabit. Maybe at holidays. As has been pointed out before it was supposed to be reno’d on the cheap and flipped. Pervy and Fanny didn’t do their research, they didn’t know whether renovated or not it was never going to be an easy sale. That is, unless they found another foreign sucker. Then they would’ve still been on the hook for a decade over the shoddy repairs and additions!

• Heart
Fast forward through the latest offering from Andrew of Two Puffs and a Pug. (Should that be one Puff, One Pig and Two pugs?) He is without Ricardo and his dogs and has to rely on bossing his poor old mum about as she films him making sausage and mash. He describes it as "luxury", despite using packet mashed potato ( :ROFLMAO: ). The end result looks more like a dog's dinner but I suspect even the dogs would turn their noses up. Perhaps he's taking guidance from the Lelande snorter and we can look forward to him sorting through his mum's knicker drawer next. Ricardo must be enjoying the break but poor old Mum!

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 12.16.53.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I thought I'd piss myself off, so I watched the latest vlog.

So they've been renting out rooms with crap skirting boards and friggin gaps around the bath and idiots have been paying for the privilege! What the hell have they been doing all these years, only now doing the snagging! Still, atleast the correct type of plaster board has been used by the window, the type that is damp resistant.

Christ if Armoire takes that long over each radiator cover because she'll have a different design for each bloody room, it'll be going on for years.

Phiphi might be ill as he's so cold, lets hope it's laryngitis, so he shuts the duck up. He's an uneducated snob, MDF is tit. God I'd love to slap him!

I even shouted at the computer when Armoire said he had a massive plank, yeah the one who wouldn't shut his trap stood next to him.

slap.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The fall from grace will happen. Mark my words...

There is no way anyone watching the drivel she is producing lately thinks ‘ ah let me become a patroon’. Those numbers are fixed.

• Heart
Mama’s stripping, but Teresa and Ashtray do not need anymore unpainted wood in their cha-oh! There’s already too much!

3889E67A-628D-4A07-98EB-223AB499DDCA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Busy Busy Bees in this week's video!
Window fixed for "structural purposes." (giant eye roll)
Wandering the garden without a care in the world (usually, if the daffodils are sprouting, its a sign the Christmas tree needs to come down)
Oh, and one tiny little radiator cover. At this rate, her cuz will be 80 before they are all installed.
And finally, in other news, the pretend child partner dressed as a boy this week.

1676032516724.png
1676032599280.png

This Week

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think most of us are on here for a laugh. If I hadn't found tattle I would have stopped watching ages ago as what was once escapism is now hugely irritating. Where Fanny used to seem ditsy and fun I now see her as manipulative, duplicitous and devious. I think we should look at Matthias comments from Patreon in a different light. Since the patreon account started what jobs have actually been completed? What were her originals goals? How much money has the association brought in? To my mind the only jobs finished are the Marquis Quarters (still snags), Porcelain blue room (channel 4), 2 x downstairs loos (CH4), Pigeon tower (CH4). Nothing else has been done other that the garden, which I would argue is not renovation but draining patreon funds to have full time gardeners. If at some point the gardens are left for 6 months it will be a wilderness again. Also we are seeing that she doesn't love this channel anymore, there is no real content and the editing is appalling just jump cuts and filler moves. I don't wish her or any of them ill, I just wish she would come clean and do some actual work.
---

probably not a comfortable feeling for those who genuinely want to offer input
I think that's what most of us and now (finally) by the sounds of it her avid viewers and patrons want is for them all to get their fingers out of their arses and get some bloody work done and show some believable and substantial results.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
In the Patreon video Fanny mumbled something about Nic coming to visit soon. The question is whether Nic is coming on his own or whether Marie and Antoine join him. When is the next school break in the Netherlands?
they live in Belgium...and if somebody else answered it already my applologies...have so much catching up to do.. the holidays in Begium start at 20-2 and it depends....Flanders has one week and Wallonie and Brussels have two weeks from that..

Reactions: 21
Well he's unemployable and who else would represent the other branch of the crime family and keep an eye on his delinquent cousin and her scheming gigalo/actor friend?
The guy that started fixing the terrace and were going to fix the John the Baptist window vault thingy… if bun man can fix the chateau WHY has he not started fixing the terrace before.
The terrace restorers pulled out handfuls of moss from the gutter gargoyles and she and squirrel laughed. He explained that due to that the terrace was being destroyed. They could easily have maintained that and saved lots of damage.

Fanny is paying him to make completely over the top engineered radiator covers which will take ages for him to make due to the decorator giving directions that he has no idea of with scale etc.
Fanny wanted panelling in the peacock bedroom too. So much stuff never happens .
What about the bin covers he and Natty were going to make at the weekend as a project?
Squirrel is allergic to eggs. He has never eaten asparagus or artichoke . She is widely traveled he must be a real drag in tour.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
I still don't get why she needs a resident carpenter. Never mind two. Apart from the fact that no local tradesmen will work for her. No doubt her reputation preceeds her! She must have him on a salary. And therefore a contract. Smic (basic rate of hourly pay) is about 11€ / hour. More smoke and mirroirs, look at me I give employment to locals (is he local?), I have soo much work I need to employ two carpenters. Or is he working on the black and in that case she's just dobbed Kev and Omberline in to the authorities and got it all recorded on her dumb vlogs. Maybe that's why he didn't want to be filmed... Where are the masons? I would have thought in her current predicament masons would be more important. Fanny, your tit'o is not the Notre Dame or any other building of historic interest. Get a grip on reality.
I so hope her reputation goes before her.

Do you think she'd be savy enough to employ Omberline n Kev (pity her name's not Berverly remember the advert with Bev n Kev and that she keeps Kev away from Fanny), Kirsty and when he was there Dan on Cheque Emploi Service? Or would that have been too simple That obviously doesn't account for Twitty bollocks aka Roy Woods love child, who knows what's the gen there. Pavlova??? yet another query.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Fanny, you're not the only person who keeps lists. Some suspected past alias's include:
Diana Elizabeth Bashford
Hope Diamond
Gerda Vd Westhuizen
Cynthia Lambert
Vautier Christophe
LaReyne
Lisa LaRose
Carol Weaver
Anthony Lewis Churchill
Rosie Hugh
Myra Patton
Caroline Jobeno
Diana Hodgett
Julia Cobb
Luke Hartman
Julie Chave
Colleen Cox
Penny Howard
Annette Sharrock
Jenny Willow
Jacqueline Reynolds
Lisa Akinlabi
Frank Gyori
smolpuppyo'love
Beefrench
Hollar Girl
Deborah Hanson
Rosie Hugh
Sarah Yates
Jetje goes Dutch
jetje goes dutch is a real woman...she has or had her own channel...she is disabled and has a lott of healthissues. i watched a few of her vlogs.....i do think a lott of her followers have issues...otherwise they would see through Fannies fraudulous antics...when you want escapism from real life... i think there are better ways and even better YT channels.. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 26
1ef2f925-07da-4aa6-8767-d30e16dd51cd_text.gif

Nell`s Travel Kitchen
4 hours ago
Completely shocked...there are more bedrooms that require work/repairs? Radiator covers for a bathroom instead of clearing and shoring up of the rooms above the Grand Salon? Madness.
Rosie Hugh
2 hours ago
Why be shocked when it's not your château, you don't live and work there, and you are not part of the decision-making process? Rest assured, they know better than you what the priorities and constraints are. Don't you have enough going on in your own life?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.