The Chateau Diaries #210 PhiPhi. He's the first Real Housewife of Lalande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what do you think of the nuns in the Louis de Funes. movies.. :LOL: .
I love it! Just like the crazy driving in the early Love Bug movies!

BTW, years ago I was visiting a friend in LA whose French husband was in the entertainment industry. He had a French filmmaker visiting from France and he showed us a short film he made about Citroens taking over the town. I wish I could find that film, I've searched to no avail. The filmmaker's name was pronounced "doodoo" - are there any Euro-Tattlers familiar with him or his Citroen film?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just got this from The Smugs

Someone else using boot polish?
Hey ,

A warm welcome and thank you for signing up for our newsletter, where we'll share with you our inspirations, news, and you'll be first to know about new product launches, and special offers.

After many months of work and preparations, we finally realised a long held dream of creating our brand Le Fleur, to bring you inspiration and objects of lasting beauty into your home. This was a big learning curve for us and we are only just beginning, but we are really grateful that you decided to follow along with this newsletter.

As a thank you here's a voucher for 15% off any purchase on Le Fleur. Use code WELCOME15 when you check out.​
Why Candles?

Philipp was always obsessed with high quality candles. He's the nose of our family, he can almost always guess the ingredients of food just by smelling and our daughter Lily seems to be taking after him - when we let her smell wine for the first time, (a burgundy) she said it smells of chocolate and raspberries. Which is typical for Pinot noir grapes!

So fragrance was a dimension Philipp wanted to work on but it's not a area either of us had experience in, so we came up with this plan!​

Wishing you a Happy New Year 2023!
Anna and Philipp
x​
someone else using the boot polish. Philip and Phillip

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Harry Styles and a discount version of Harry Styles!
View attachment 1907849View attachment 1907861
View attachment 1907868View attachment 1907867
View attachment 1907869View attachment 1907872
I tell you, someone probably told Philip that he looks like Harry Styles that's why he always tries to match Harry's style.
It's no wonder he started painting his nails....because Harry does too!
Harry Styles is handsome, I could put a pig in a beanie hat and it would look more like Harry. Phillip is not a good looking guy, he is not a cool guy, he is not a charismatic guy he is the one at school everyone mocked

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Good grief… the Minor and Faker channel has a sponsor - Babble. These sponsors must be desperate.

View attachment 1907864
she did a good job on the curtains...i would have put a thick lining behind it..thought...now they look so thin...not a rich look..the material is nice..but clashes completley with those ugly grey chairs...and the rest...a good try thought...they will get there. tastewise....i hope..🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Not sure which looks more manque - the silly ruffle on the curtains or the huge bed shoved in a corner????

View attachment 1907896

View attachment 1907897
I no longer have high expectations, or any expectations for that matter for their choices, so I'm not surprised.
The curtains need more volume.
And get rid of the frill on the pelmet . . . and the chairs . . . and the curtain trim used as tie backs on the bed posts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Not sure which looks more manque - the silly ruffle on the curtains or the huge bed shoved in a corner????

View attachment 1907896

View attachment 1907897
What they did to that fabric, and how they did it, were crimes against textiles and taste! Sarah has a little talent but she needs to get some training so she understands construction and scale! No hobby sewist needs to be tackling these projects without a modicum of education! She didn’t interline the drapes, it’s a corner of the building that gets lots of sun. I doubt they’ll keep the shutters closed. That fabric is going to to rot starting with today’s sunrise! Don’t get me started with her choice of finishes and then the installation! Somebody get me a rope! And tell Heathcliff I need the keys to the jet! I’ve had enough of these to poseurs!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Harry Styles is handsome, I could put a pig in a beanie hat and it would look more like Harry. Phillip is not a good looking guy, he is not a cool guy, he is not a charismatic guy he is the one at school everyone mocked
If the bullies at his school could stuff him in his locker they would have...if only his locker were not full of plates (as someone here joked about)!

Philip probably thinks he looks like (or someone lied to him about looking like) Harry Styles. Personally, I don't think Harry Styles is handsome, but I do see a bit of a resemblance with Philip, or it may just be the extra-large nostrils they both have!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What they did to that fabric, and how they did it, were crimes against textiles and taste! Sarah has a little talent but she needs to get some training so she understands construction and scale! No hobby sewist needs to be tackling these projects without a modicum of education! She didn’t interline the drapes, it’s a corner of the building that gets lots of sun. I doubt they’ll keep the shutters closed. That fabric is going to to rot starting with today’s sunrise! Don’t get me started with her choice of finishes and then the installation! Somebody get me a rope! And tell Heathcliff I need the keys to the jet! I’ve had enough of these to poseurs!
You poor dear having to look at those dreadfully made drapes! That's how I feel when I see Sarah's homemade dresses. It's a witch when you have been a professional in one of these careers. Imagine if you were a structural engineer having to watch CDs?! 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 12
he's going for a Julius Caesar vibe brushing it all forward he has really lost his hair lately.
I prefer the Julius Caesar approach to the . . . grow my hair really long so I can use it as a comb over, colour it all, create a fake hairline and then fill in any missed bits with boot polish approach.

---

If the bullies at his school could stuff him in his locker they would have...if only his locker were not full of plates (as someone here joked about)!

Philip probably thinks he looks like (or someone lied to him about looking like) Harry Styles. Personally, I don't think Harry Styles is handsome, but I do see a bit of a resemblance with Philip, or it may just be the extra-large nostrils they both have!
I don't think Phillip looks like Harry Styles.
But he's desperate for Harry Styles', sense of style.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I love it! Just like the crazy driving in the early Love Bug movies!

BTW, years ago I was visiting a friend in LA whose French husband was in the entertainment industry. He had a French filmmaker visiting from France and he showed us a short film he made about Citroens taking over the town. I wish I could find that film, I've searched to no avail. The filmmaker's name was pronounced "doodoo" - are there any Euro-Tattlers familiar with him or his Citroen film?
Was it Vincent Dieutre?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.