The Chateau Diaries #210 PhiPhi. He's the first Real Housewife of Lalande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yonks ago I had a 2cv Dolly. Blueberries and cream. I adored it. It was the most fun car I ever had. We have actually been on the lookout for a 2cv fourgonette for the last 30 years! If they haven't been renovated they are in desperate need to be so for now we wait. My husband is no longer inclined to do any of the work himself so we need to find one to be done to our specification or one that's already done. There are plenty of renovaters and restorers around so it's a case of waiting to have some spare change!
Have you seen that there's a new fourgonette coming out? Not the same as an original, obviously, but makes a change from the generic looking vans and MPVs.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We have a number of those fourgonettes in New Orleans. Most belong to the French Truck Coffee Co. There’s a few in private hands, I think all are fully restored.

View attachment 1907254
That's an original colour (not the blue bumpers, the body work). That's La Poste Jaune.

We introduced our best friends to the H van man (it's famous, Google H van graveyard Narbonne) and he bought one in EDF Bleu.

We would like our "future" 2cv to be in the equivalent of battleship grey. I don't think it has a name at Citröen just a number. And it has to have canvas slung seats (oh my poor back).

• Haha
  • Heart
Dan has moved into a gnome appartment..:eek:it would be fine for tartanterror... but Dan is a bit taller...well..at least he is honest about it...sleep well Dan...and take a bath...not a shower :LOL: i guess there isnt much of a nice view either....🙄 no wonder it was available at a short notice...

It reminded me of Hyacint and Richard buying a chateau appartment.... :LOL: and she even invited guests there for one of her candlelight suppers....:rolleyes:

I do think Clara is right..he clearly isnt welcome at Lalande anymore..or he doesnt want to go there...no matter what Madame Fanny likes to put out in her vlogs...there is clearly something going on...
He had plenty of time to sort out a new hobbit hole, why would you leave it until 2 days before you are about to be turfed out? Maybe relying on the good will of friends or family but it doesn't look like any offers were forthcoming. I must say his new place is not very welcoming and I know he probably only needs somewhere to rest his head (judging by the ceiling height he may spend a lot of his time in a horizontal position) but even so it was pretty miserable. Some reflective moments coming his way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
We had an electric blower built right in to our wood burning stove, which required an electrical outlet to be installed when we had the stove installed. However, they do make the blowers that sit on top of the stoves that spin/operate just by the rising heat (same physics as a German Christmas pyramid). They do help to push the hot air into the room and spread the heat (if the ceilings are not too high). She's clueless. She's a bad actress. And I still say she's stupid. I will grant that she is smart on how to scam people, but she's a stupid person to not have a little foresight as to where this is all heading. Here are Pippin and Mouse, in their favorite spot on a cold winter day.
Look at those two. Yes we've got the one that you stand on top of the fire, very inexpensive, got oours of good old Amazon.

• Heart
That's an original colour (not the blue bumpers, the body work). That's La Poste Jaune.

We introduced our best friends to the H van man (it's famous, Google H van graveyard Narbonne) and he bought one in EDF Bleu.

We would like our "future" 2cv to be in the equivalent of battleship grey. I don't think it has a name at Citröen just a number. And it has to have canvas slung seats (oh my poor back).
It’s in yellow and blue like that because it’s the companies livery. I saw a two tone red and black one here not long ago but it looked mightily altered.

Reactions: 9
Do you think she’ll dare travel with farmhouse and chapel on the verge of collapse?! She has balls of steel if she dares to go to Venice.
If the entire structure of the chapel needs to be fixed - why the hell are the men in that chapel working on color, cleaning? I didn’t get that part as I vividly remember her drama with Mummy outside the chapel a few months ago, and the yellow tape DO NOT ENTER. Now - two French experts wandering around inside cleaning pigeon tit off the walls. Does she completely forget she told us something else months ago? Caroline Gooder, honey, please get on point and tell us what’s up. Did you also hear the part where the water is now eroding the foundation of the chapel.
Read the room Staph, it’s about to fall down on you.
What’s cuz doing now that his big panel job has been shut down?
Does she have anyone to go to Venice with? I don’t think she’s seen any of the previous years gang/Nile cruise gang. Perhaps they have realised they have more to lose than gain by association. Andrew and Ricardo?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Yonks ago I had a 2cv Dolly. Blueberries and cream. I adored it. It was the most fun car I ever had. We have actually been on the lookout for a 2cv fourgonette for the last 30 years! If they haven't been renovated they are in desperate need to be so for now we wait. My husband is no longer inclined to do any of the work himself so we need to find one to be done to our specification or one that's already done. There are plenty of renovaters and restorers around so it's a case of waiting to have some spare change!
I loved mine so much, brilliant when you took a corner as the whole thing leans over to one side. I used to show and do Dog Agility with my Weimaranar. Most weekends I'd be travelling about in it with the dog to various shows. I needed a bigger vehicle because of the dogs (ended up with two) and I'd bought a Land Rover. A work colleague's husband was mad on 2CVs but had never driven one. He was going to buy mine, took it out for a test drive, couldn't get to grips with the gear shift and promptly blew the gear box on it. I cried. Where we live now, there's a chap in the next village that collects them. I'd love another one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had the Diane model and loved it, great capacity for passengers andluggage, heating wasn't great but once you had it wound up it motored along well. Was once chased up hill by a motorbike on a dark country road. He was right on my rear and headlight was blinding. Turned out to be a policeman who claimed I was speeding. Bearing in mind the small engine I cheekily suggested he tried to get it to break the speed limit downhill.
Before it I had a Fiat 127 which lived up to its acronym Fix it Again Tomorrow.
Fix it Again Tony.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does she have anyone to go to Venice with? I don’t think she’s seen any of the previous years gang/Nile cruise gang. Perhaps they have realised they have more to lose than gain by association. Andrew and Ricardo?
I doubt Chateau love will be going they’ve been pretty quiet since Vivian was sick, no manners may show although they’re doing renovations this year, she’ll bring her core followers cuz, nastie, Dana and cat, and potty

Am I imagining it or was it designed to be able to carry a farmer, his wife and a sack of spuds across a plowed field. Blimey canvas seats! a purist.
2cv grey.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They'll have to redo all the bathrooms upstairs. Now when she's admitted the beams are sagging she can't pretend that the damp proofing hasn't been affected. Showers can't be used because water leaks into the structure through small cracks in the damp proofing. She has a legit reason now not to open the B&B 🤷‍♀️
I agree it’s a legit reason to close down, but according to the website you can still book rooms or they are booked. I’m on the lookout for when she reveals (Quelle horreur!) that she has to cancel those reservations and the lost income tears.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I am glad someone else feels the same way as I do.
I only watched 1 and 1/2 of the patron vlogs they made me sick, she doesn’t give them more than the bare minimum and rehash of the regular vlogs. Also I couldn’t fast forward which I do over boring uninteresting content like chickens and wine tasting

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Actually, I would argue Fanny does work hard…but on all the wrong things! She creates a lot of busy work for herself, and re-work on things that weren’t done right in the first place. And…there’s a lot of work to keep ahead of the smoke and mirrors. Just think of what could be accomplished if a competent person handled the money and projects!
Lying is hard work and with nothing of substance creating her flogs must feel really hard work. She is rudderless if she did renovations and was honest the content would be easy

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Am I imagining it or was it designed to be able to carry a farmer, his wife and a sack of spuds across a plowed field. Blimey canvas seats! a purist.
View attachment 1907387
I do believe that was exactly what was said about them. A peasants car. And yes, that's the colour but in the corrugated fourgonette.

Do you know how the Dolly two tone colour ways came about? Back in the 70's in Paris it was a student's car. To jazz up the plain colourways they would swap the body panels over between friends. Afterall, the deuch is nothing more than a giant mecano set. Citroen thought it was such a great idea they started producing the two tone Dolly's to make them trendy for the young set. The other great thing about them is that you can easily remove and replace the seats so there was never any need to carry picnic chairs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
She 'says' she's signed the devis (estimate) so she's committed to the work. If Nathan's ordered the stuff and has taken delivery for it he'll want paying, regardless of whether the building falls down or not. I'll believe it when I see something begin to arrive there. We've seen diddly squatt so far and I would have thought she'd be straight in there with the pink phone. BUT, is she even there? Even if walls have to come down the rest of the building is still like a walk in fridge.

Had she taken better care of the building from the get go, had the work been carried out by the correct trades rather than, as we know, by Daddy future problems down the line may have been avoided. What's been done before has all been done half arsed and on a budget. Make do and mend, make it look pretty. Literally, paper over the cracks and now it's come back to bite her in the ass.

It just amazes me that seeing as she's a French speaker, French Mother she blames everyone else by saying she didn't understand this or didn't understand that. Utter bollocks, they just didn't say the things she wanted to hear so she ignored it all and now we have the tears.

---

Yes, shouldn't be going like that. Probably still got all the side vents open on it, thinking it makes it look more impressive. I'm surprised they've not got one of those little fans on top of them all to push the heat out more, we've got one on ours and it's brilliant.
It just amazes me that seeing as she's a French speaker, French Mother she blames everyone else by saying she didn't understand this or didn't understand that. Utter bollocks, they just didn't say the things she wanted to hear so she ignored it all and now we have the tears.

Agreed.
She also said she was completely alone at the chateau at the time and felt pressured to empty the lake.
What a load of absolute nonsense.
Physically, she may have been by herself at the chateau but she has a mother and stepfather, as well as Potts and Larkin, all of whom she could have consulted.
She has her beloved pink phone. She knows how to zoom. They were and are, only a phone call away.
I do not believe for a minute that Potts and Larkin would have sat back and said . . . 'Yeah, that's a great idea Steph. Empty the lake.'

'I'm all alone' is one of her go to ploys when she is in a jam.
The mess with the lake. Her falling down chateau.
It's never her fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
'I'm all alone' is one of her go to ploys when she is in a jam.
The mess with the lake. Her falling down chateau.
It's never her fault.
That‘s the signature of a narcissist…never accepting blame or responsibility for their decisions or actions. It’s always someone else’s fault. In the case of SJ, it even goes a step further…getting others to do her “dirty work.” Like when she discarded Selmar….she sidelined him first then had Nutty go in for “the kill” and show him the door. Fanny was so good that even after it was all over, Selmar was still defending her! I’m surprised we haven’t heard SJ blame the farmhouse itself for falling down. How dare the castle fall down around her!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Don't want to give Dan a swollen head but sometimes I think he looks like Jamie Dornan.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
With the flurries - good spot on their shifty timeline of the dining room. The color is exactly what they wanted for the dining room. Wonder if green will be the next one 🧐

I can't even process people like JDub. But I looked and saw the castle he stayed in (or did he really 🥸🥸) is a Marriott Bonvoy property. Perhaps that is what the flurries are hoping to flip with? Not necessarily Marriott's boutique line but something similar. They are in Honfluer and not in the freaking middle of nowhere like the ladyship with the HMN.
There's a calculated reason/motive on Philip and Anna's part for connecting with Daphne and Ian.
They had their dalliance over at the HMN but they aspire to their own Chateau Beau.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.