The Chateau Diaries #210 PhiPhi. He's the first Real Housewife of Lalande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello all! This is my first time commenting. I'm admittedly one of the many lurkers, and a *very* long time lurker to boot. Former patron who got a lot of enjoyment out of CD videos during the pandemic in 2020, also while going through cancer treatment. It really helped me through without friends/family during a rough time, and I was so inspired at first! And as a lover of all things old and a longtime affinity for France, I was hooked. I like many people found this site after MP's video. It really shifted my thinking, and after a while, I started to feel some guilt, as one privileged white lady helping out another who clearly doesn't need it, even tho I justified it as just "paying for content" and "helping restore historical buildings in France." I would gladly welcome the money I spent on her heap back to give to worthy causes. [At least I'm now donating to two different reproductive health organizations :) ]. AND, after multiple years of no vacations, canceled family holidays, I also couldn't believe how differently she lived her life. But, her job is to make videos, so she was clearly willing to risk it. Generally, I'm of the mind that the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. I don't think Fanny is a true villain or a saint, and can appreciate that she puts herself out there in a way most won't and seems to get much enjoyment out of life. That said...that said. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello finally since I got a laugh from being called out among the many lurkers---we are here! I still watch her videos, but she is no longer an inspiration. With Tattle to keep things in check, it's simply a guilty pleasure [no shame here] -- thanks tattlers for keeping things interesting!

• Heart
Reactions: 51
i hope Lucky brings comfort and relaxation in the house..my mother in law also suffers from dementia..she is staying with us for a few weeks...its a really difficult and heavy task....she is really far gone...and she was never an easy going person...its really exhausting..our dogs dont help.. all she does is shouting at them...when they see her...they run away...
My husband is in the very early stages of the disease. It hasn't gotten any worse over the last several months. I've been educating myself about the progression and symptoms that may come in time. It's different for everyone. I belong to a FB support group and some of the stories are quite horrific and depressing. Only time will tell but I'm doing everything I can now to prepare for the future. You are kind and generous to take your MIL for a time. It's an eye opener for sure and it can happen to any of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Back from the Gift Grab........ I am so over Christmas !!!
Every time they mention the word "charity" ..... watch Natti ..... she does this big smile and act!!!
I thought old Percy was really fed up by the end of it .
Don't think Percy is ever coming back.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

Atelier Arcoa - the restoration company that Fanny employed (?) to look into cleaning restoring the chapel's art works. Fanny claims that they have just finished working on Notre Dame in Paris, however, there is no mention of this that I can find on their website. One would think that for such a monumental and prestigious contract such as working on the most famous building in the whole of France, it might at least rate a mention. It looks like their (quite rudimentary) website has not been up updated in a long time. Perhaps someone with superior French language skills than my own could have a hunt through the site to find mention of the work the (allegedly) done on Notre Dame, because I can't find it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
My husband is in the very early stages of the disease. It hasn't gotten any worse over the last several months. I've been educating myself about the progression and symptoms that may come in time. It's different for everyone. I belong to a FB support group and some of the stories are quite horrific and depressing. Only time will tell but I'm doing everything I can now to prepare for the future. You are kind and generous to take your MIL for a time. It's an eye opener for sure and it can happen to any of us.
It's heartbreaking and so difficult on the care-givers. You'll find strength you didn't know you had, and while it's easier said then done, please find what time you can to take care of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Atelier Arcoa - the restoration company that Fanny employed (?) to look into cleaning restoring the chapel's art works. Fanny claims that they have just finished working on Notre Dame in Paris, however, there is no mention of this that I can find on their website. It looks like their (quite rudimentary) website has not been up updated in a long time. Perhaps someone with superior French language skills than my own could have a hunt through the site to find mention of the work the (allegedly) done on Notre Dame, because I can't find it.
Perhaps Fanny gave them a complimentary “upgrade.”

• Haha
Reactions: 26
He got extremely thin when he was living there... although he could have bought his own food, maybe if you do you're expected to provide for everyone? I can only imagine Amaury has to stay right next to Nutti... that leash is short and I don't get the impression she likes Dan at all.. never see them talk.
I can't imagine Nasti liking anyone that she perceives as being a threat to her position or her relationship with AnneMarie at the shitoo, men or women. I'm sure she would love to get rid of Fil. There's no women that are a threat now. Stuart may have been. I don't see the other two, Marie and the refugee as being a threat, but who knows. AnneMarie obviously isn't very selective in his choice of female companionship. I bet she weeds out any attractive female volunteers. I wouldn't be surprised if she actively recruits gays in the hopes of Fil leaving with one of them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks to my fellow NW neighbor @Karma baby! I have now officially watched 4 chateau patreon vids in the last 24hrs and I'm not a patron! Oh and I've only watched 2 of CD YouTube videos in the last year😉
Whatcha think of that Stephanie????
I watch the CD youtube videos, but I do it on www.viewpure.com. That way Fanny doesn't earn any money from my viewing.
Recommend everyone watch CD and Giftgrab videos using viewpure.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
O a
Don't think Percy is ever coming back.
I agree. I think Percy is also fed up with the Dump, the London flat, Phi Phi, and cleaning up F4F’s shitstorm screwups with the Association and other crap and trying to get Mummy out of trouble with the Association and Fanny‘s nefarious schemes. I think Percy is trying to direct his energy towards surviving at this point rather than dealing with Fanny’s tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think its just her American sense of humor. She ends her vlogs with "if you care to leave a comment". I think its just her way. I don't really think it bothered her that bad. She reads here maybe she will join us.
If it had been just a passing comment in a winking fashion I would agree. But she returned to it several times. If felt jarring and odd, strangely defensive and they don’t strike me as having any reason to be so. They work hard, are upfront and don’t beg. Well, not any more.

Reactions: 5
I wonder how many of Phi Phi’s precious plates made it to the Dump intact. Snorts reads here and finds inspiration for his videos from this forum. Let’s see if his next video for his channel features mosaic art made from broken china serving plates arranged around a pervy Daddy Derek tile.

• Haha
To be fair - the vlogs were much better made back then......................and there was so much to anticipate - so many projects being completed to look forward to. :oops:
Back in the good ole days, Fanny has us fooled into thinking she'd fostered a wonderful, collective community of creative individuals and happily living, laughing and loving in a romantic shabby chic chateau.

The mist has lifted & the charm has tarnished (just like Snorty's silverware) and we now clearly see that Fanny's fostered a disposable coven of lazy shopaholic, faux socialites crashing in a derelict farmhouse grifting money & gifts from lonely grannies

• Heart
Reactions: 36
wow thats a huge number in one day...me talking carefully about 300... :eek: its a good way to look into how many people actually are inhere....
Fanny has personally stoked the fire of discontent, not only by her actions, but by quashing most comments or questions in the chat and on social media. Instead of reflecting on the comments, maybe even considering some of them to be valid, she has deleted or blocked them Or ignored them. She has pushed us out from platforms she could control to some degree thereby igniting a new spark on tattle where we can voice our discontent, concerns, suspicions, observations and complaints…and in many cases, offer amusing and even hilarious commentary about what we see.

i would add that while some tattling can be harsh, we’ve also been a source of sage advice (sagging beams). If Fanny was more honest, more upfront, more transparent, it would go along way to quiet the discontent. stop lying about everything Fanny!

my advice, Fanny….show us the accounts! Stop fudging the timelines! Just be a bit more honest and not feeding your viewers with falsehoods. Drop the awful gift grab. Get back to participating in the Reno process, not just waving your pink phone around in your nightie. Stop e begging unless you truly plan to spend the money on restoration, and get some of your own skin in the game and by that I mean stop spending money on tat and frivolous decor and let’s see you put your own money into the project!

im not surprised at all there are hundreds of people reading here.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
O a

I agree. I think Percy is also fed up with the Dump, the London flat, Phi Phi, and cleaning up F4F’s shitstorm screwups with the Association and other crap and trying to get Mummy out of trouble with the Association and Fanny‘s nefarious schemes. I think Percy is trying to direct his energy towards surviving at this point rather than dealing with Fanny’s tit.
I don't think Mummy & Daddy stayed in the London flat. Mummy has her own place (in Sussex?) and they have more than enough money to afford a few nights in a warm, comfortable London hotel. Except for a couple of brief sightings at Christmas, Scotman has been MIA much of the holiday season and during the London trip.

Reactions: 21
How is the installation of the new heating system ( which was to start Jan 10) going and all of the work on the structural issues in the not so grand salon?????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
THIS is a great title thread

???????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

t
That is because there hasn't been any Norman Bates moment for some time...

View attachment 1905674
View attachment 1905678
THAT was the money shot. She boosted her patron income with that masterpiece of grifting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Seems obvious now, but clearly the B&B is closing down due to the structural issues. They pretended that Cuz was going to fix it by the April opening date, but that’s not happening even if they had a crew of competent workers. With the Bozo Bunch it’s not going to be fixed for years… or ever.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I think its just her American sense of humor. She ends her vlogs with "if you care to leave a comment". I think its just her way. I don't really think it bothered her that bad. She reads here maybe she will join us.
I think she was just being a little spicy. She's pretty direct and no nonsense and it was more of a "you're wrong, accept the facts." I love they have so many rescues! I didn't realize they had that many animals. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Seems obvious now, but clearly the B&B is closing down due to the structural issues. They pretended that Cuz was going to fix it by the April opening date, but that’s not happening even if they had a crew of competent workers. With the Bozo Bunch it’s not going to be fixed for years… or ever.
Guess they won’t need Nutti anymore if the b&b closes. Or a cook…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
She doesn't need the money to survive, but the structural issues will be the excuse for the closure. Her loyal subscribers and Patresuckers will be grievous...but its for their safety (delivered with no makeup in her bed) :confused::devilish::confused::devilish:

Guess they won’t need Nutti anymore if the b&b closes. Or a cook…
Can't get rid on Nutti...she'll lose Cuz! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
So does Jason have reservations for April 20th? Just put his plant in the bedroom and he won’t notice the structural issues. Isn’t this the bedroom SJ painted the top of the wallpaper because the ceiling is so high? Now she cries about ruining the wallpaper?
Snorty you are a horrible person and I hope you are writing a check from your bank account to pay for YOUR kaboom home.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.