The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Americans would be more scandalized by someone repeatedly mocking Nati's accent than they would be about a moonie wedding in the chapel. I am not gaslighting, that's just how it would be. If you know twitter.
This isn't mocking Nati's accent - it's directed at the LaIande set up. I wouldn't expect all Americans to grasp this type of humour. Think of Manuel in Fawlty Towers. As Ricky Gervais said, "We like to bring authority down a peg or two. Just for the hell of it."

There's certainly a very big chip on the Trotter shoulder. It would be hilarious if Sean the builder's new channel takes off and eclipses the DIO and Pethericks.
I can't see it taking off far beyond the Trotter clan fans to be honest. It was pretty dull and more of a vehicle for him and his wife to sell via their over priced Etsy shops.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Before she rose to grifting fame she used to host extravagant dinner parties in the chapel too, obviously themed. Some of her guests would speak up against the use of the altar as a buffet for her food displays, but she would just dismiss the critics with a "Oh, for God's sake, it's just a candlelit meal".

I doubt very much FRK still likes to be around the shittelaine. It has cost her dearly. She has mostly disappeared from the “action” in SJ’s vlogs, pretends to be working hard on her own content, but nothing much happens there either. In fact, on her most used media Instagram she posted last Friday: I decided to not post any short YT video today, but I thought I would do a Q&A video for next Thursday! So, do you have any questions for me?
Right, no inspiration for new content, so just let the viewers do that work for you….where have we seen that before?
Run Marie, run!
Dreadful.
Themed parties in the Chapel ? Presumably there was a Collection after ‘service’ ?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It would be hilarious if Sean the builder's new channel takes off and eclipses the DIO and Pethericks.
Soon there will be so many people filming in Basmania that there won't be anything to film because no one will have their hands free to do any work... I suppose they could film each other filming and introduce some mise en abîme into what is becoming an extremely boring business. Teabag's last vlog showed him going to a Brico shop and the local tip... he saved some items but forgot to throw away his vlog. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Soon there will be so many people filming in Basmania that there won't be anything to film because no one will have their hands free to do any work... I suppose they could film each other filming and introduce some mise en abîme into what is becoming an extremely boring business. Teabag's last vlog showed him going to a Brico shop and the local tip... he saved some items but forgot to throw away his vlog. 🤣
At least someone will be taking care of the chickens. There's bound to be plenty of chicken footage.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am certain that the DB Debacle was born out of revenge. And spite. And jealousy. Revenge and spite directed at DB arising from the (crazed) Facebook fan page spat. Jealousy aimed at the stratospheric success being enjoyed by La Jarvis which must stick in the craw at Trotter Towers and the Rented Pile, both of which were dropped by the ETTCDIY production company and neither achieving anything like the cash stream seen at Chateau Jarvis.

Two targets, one missile.

I'm not suggesting for one second that DB's planned Grand Tour and the manner in which it seems to have been organised shouldn't be open to scrutiny and be 100% above board. However, I doubt that the "carefully worded" communique was put on Facebook out of genuine concern for anybody who might have parted with money on something which was - potentially rather than patently - less than honest.

DB's name was not mentioned ("carefully worded" - mindful of litigation) but you'd have to be pretty thick not to put 2 + 2 together. Having said that, there were some pretty thick people in the comments who questioned who the communique might refer to. As you'd expect, the protagonists of this covert mission couldn't contain themselves and the comments turned into a feeding frenzy of resentment and character assassination, the piranhas stirred up by the moderators of the page on which the "carefully worded" communique appeared).

The protagonists ended up looking pretty jolly silly. The missile they launched didn't take out the target/s as planned. They effectively shot themselves in the foot. A rather grudging retraction/explanation was issued. It was all a great misunderstanding. Comments disallowed. War over. For now.

Lalande's role in this rather pathetic power play may seem a bit tenuous. But I am absolutely certain that as far as Ma Trotter - the stage school mother, convinced of her offspring's rightful place at the top of the pile - is concerned, SJ and her success is dreadfully unfair. The stage school mother (Mercenary Matriarch) fails to realise that her son, the potential cash cow, has squandered the opportunity to amass mega bucks simply because he lacks the application and (questionable/limited) talent/s to make the most of his opportunity.

Meanwhile SJ powers on, the funds roll in. For the time being, the road to Lalande is paved with gold. But Stephanie should beware of potholes that could take the wheels off the gilded carriage.
Here's my notions as BG would say.
BG sees Tattle outrage about MPK Madrid antics. Deluded, led up the chateau drive Brenda still thinking she has a special place as chief fan gets on the batphone or emails from her @Irishmammy account & gives Ma Trotter and/or MPK advice about what should be done. Ma Trotter takes umbridge. Calls BG out. Tells her to stick her advice and her tours where the sun doesn’t shine. BG launches FB attack. Trotters retaliate.
SJ nose twitching, smelling the smoke, feeling the ground tremors. No hint of a tainted link to her HMN must be allowed. Rings MPK. Michael darling, you know I love you. I know you had to let your little secret out and go and enjoy yourself. You are looking really buff by the way, but I am really, really worried about anything from that dreadful toad Gibbons backfiring on me. You do understand don’t you? If Channel 4 get just a whiff of any trouble or a mention of walrus Dick & his portly wife again I could lose my spot in the series. And, darling you know how I need the exposure don’t you.
I can’t wait until we can party again. Everything is so dull without you, Phillip is not a patch on you. He tries, but he knows I love you dearly and can’t compete. Chin up my darling - oh and could you get Billy or your lovely mummy to get those dreadful chateaux fans to stop on FB - could you do that for me my love? I couldn’t bear it if it destroyed our special friendship. Love you for ever if you could.
Stefanie
Ps there will be some Spode coming your way if you do!!! Millions of kisses xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Is SJ bi? There's definitely a sexual vibe to the point of the relationship when Marie wrote that.
SJ imho is too much of a prude to have ever explored any other orientation than dictated by her mother.
I am certain that the DB Debacle was born out of revenge. And spite. And jealousy. Revenge and spite directed at DB arising from the (crazed) Facebook fan page spat. Jealousy aimed at the stratospheric success being enjoyed by La Jarvis which must stick in the craw at Trotter Towers and the Rented Pile, both of which were dropped by the ETTCDIY production company and neither achieving anything like the cash stream seen at Chateau Jarvis.

Two targets, one missile.

I'm not suggesting for one second that DB's planned Grand Tour and the manner in which it seems to have been organised shouldn't be open to scrutiny and be 100% above board. However, I doubt that the "carefully worded" communique was put on Facebook out of genuine concern for anybody who might have parted with money on something which was - potentially rather than patently - less than honest.

DB's name was not mentioned ("carefully worded" - mindful of litigation) but you'd have to be pretty thick not to put 2 + 2 together. Having said that, there were some pretty thick people in the comments who questioned who the communique might refer to. As you'd expect, the protagonists of this covert mission couldn't contain themselves and the comments turned into a feeding frenzy of resentment and character assassination, the piranhas stirred up by the moderators of the page on which the "carefully worded" communique appeared).

The protagonists ended up looking pretty jolly silly. The missile they launched didn't take out the target/s as planned. They effectively shot themselves in the foot. A rather grudging retraction/explanation was issued. It was all a great misunderstanding. Comments disallowed. War over. For now.

Lalande's role in this rather pathetic power play may seem a bit tenuous. But I am absolutely certain that as far as Ma Trotter - the stage school mother, convinced of her offspring's rightful place at the top of the pile - is concerned, SJ and her success is dreadfully unfair. The stage school mother (Mercenary Matriarch) fails to realise that her son, the potential cash cow, has squandered the opportunity to amass mega bucks simply because he lacks the application and (questionable/limited) talent/s to make the most of his opportunity.

Meanwhile SJ powers on, the funds roll in. For the time being, the road to Lalande is paved with gold. But Stephanie should beware of potholes that could take the wheels off the gilded carriage.
I agree with all of this, very accurate observations. Ma Trotters answer when somebody on FB asked about the LaLande tours ("those were different") speaks for it. She wanted the missile to be aimed at both BG and SJ, but when it failed she couldn't wait to fall in line again. With every drama we've witnessed lately, the synergy between her son and SJ is about the only road left for them to get to the bigger bucks. She'll send him to the HMN soon, I suspect.

Reactions: 16
Interesting to note that we NEVER see any French women around Stephanie and Lalande (I don't count Mary Poppins 😉).

Dana is not French even though she studied at Sorbonne university in Paris and now works for the local unemployment agency in La Châtre.

I don't know of any French women in their right mind spending more than a few hours with the chatelaine (I wouldn't ! 😂) before running away from la Folle du Château !

There's something written in Hebrew on one of the cupboard (?) doors in the kitchen, isn't there? Did Dana give her that? Anyone know what it says?
The sign in Hebrew has disappeared some time ago.

Here's my notions as BG would say.
BG sees Tattle outrage about MPK Madrid antics. Deluded, led up the chateau drive Brenda still thinking she has a special place as chief fan gets on the batphone or emails from her @Irishmammy account & gives Ma Trotter and/or MPK advice about what should be done. Ma Trotter takes umbridge. Calls BG out. Tells her to stick her advice and her tours where the sun doesn’t shine. BG launches FB attack. Trotters retaliate.
SJ nose twitching, smelling the smoke, feeling the ground tremors. No hint of a tainted link to her HMN must be allowed. Rings MPK. Michael darling, you know I love you. I know you had to let your little secret out and go and enjoy yourself. You are looking really buff by the way, but I am really, really worried about anything from that dreadful toad Gibbons backfiring on me. You do understand don’t you? If Channel 4 get just a whiff of any trouble or a mention of walrus Dick & his portly wife again I could lose my spot in the series. And, darling you know how I need the exposure don’t you.
I can’t wait until we can party again. Everything is so dull without you, Phillip is not a patch on you. He tries, but he knows I love you dearly and can’t compete. Chin up my darling - oh and could you get Billy or your lovely mummy to get those dreadful chateaux fans to stop on FB - could you do that for me my love? I couldn’t bear it if it destroyed our special friendship. Love you for ever if you could.
Stefanie
Ps there will be some Spode coming your way if you do!!! Millions of kisses xx
Or, all of this is just a repeat of the witch fight between BG and Karen Cbomb (who is still a big big fan of the Trotters), about who will be SJ's biggest superfan and the perks going with that. We know BG is reading here and is informed about SJ and her grifting. It's very telling she started the IMHO FB group to give her notions about the vlogs, but hasn't written anything about SJ or the HMN diarrheas.

Reactions: 14
Dana is not French even though she studied at Sorbonne university in Paris and now works for the local unemployment agency in La Châtre.
You would think Dana would be perfectly placed to find casual staff for HMN.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Reading all the comments has made me think about past phenomenal ‘shows’ that have hit the TV screen over the past few years and I ask myself, “where are they now?” This is based on UK TV, but it will be the same type of show in all countries - just different titles.

Talent shows - that launched many careers (where are they now 😗) quizzes, dance, skating, baking, cooking, and of course the legendary ‘Big Brother’! They start, they rise, they shine .... and then they fall like shooting stars from the sky!

SJ and the rest of the vloggers have a limited time on our TV screens, so will have to rely on the internet and (for now) YouTube. If any of them want to maintain and increase their presence (and income) they will have to up their mark and become far more professional - including LOLL! We, the viewing public, will expect far more in the years to come - especially with the increasing vast array of YT’s content - that most of the ‘amateurs’ will fade just away, if their content and filming isn’t improved and subject fit for purpose.

For Tattlers outside UK you may not realise that the TV Channel which broadcasts the Chateau series, isn’t regarded as a ‘major’ channel.

Someone mentioned Twitter - I don’t know if the Chateau has a Twitter thread - but I will have a nosey over there and check.

You would think Dana would be perfectly placed to find casual staff for HMN.
Dana will be handy to know when SJ needs a proper job! Question will be though, who would employ a 45 year old woman who has no experience of the real world or work experience. Difficult to place, even with a Oxford education.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Anyone with a BASIC understanding of Tattle KNOWS ... it stays on tattle -

you don’t encite to chase ppl down on other media forums !!!!

🎖🏆🎖👏
Well said. Things should stay on this page. As for someone tweeting to Catholic pages, they would meet with bafflement. At the time of the Moonie wedding, the chapel was a rundown deconsecrated building on private land in the back of beyond . It's since been consecrated for Isabelles wedding. I think the fears around Catholics being offended by someone taking sneaky pics of their girlfriend in lacy undercrackers in the chapel is a bit OTT. Worse things have happened in churches believe me. I am a practising Catholic myself and found it amusing.
Dreadful.
Themed parties in the Chapel ? Presumably there was a Collection after ‘service’ ?
Dreadful.
I love the idea of a collection after service. 😂
As a practising Catholic I find the concern round the use of the chapel amusing. This building, until Isabelles wedding, was a deconsecrated rundown building on private land. In the city I live in we have former churches used as cafes, restaurants, convenience stores, one was a nightclub for a while. A friend lives in a converted church. I think the concern re offending Catholics might be a tad OTT. Someone taking sneaky pics of his girlfriend in lacy undercrackers is just funny. Worse things have happened in churches. The chapel is not open to the public. If SJ was holding orgies in the local village church then that would be different..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Or, all of this is just a repeat of the witch fight between BG and Karen Cbomb (who is still a big big fan of the Trotters), about who will be SJ's biggest superfan and the perks going with that. We know BG is reading here and is informed about SJ and her grifting. It's very telling she started the IMHO FB group to give her notions about the vlogs, but hasn't written anything about SJ or the HMN diarrheas.
Still clinging on to some hope that she has some special spot in SJ's world. Nah BG, you've been put sent to the big old brocante called Stephanie's Cast Offs. Move on, nothing to see here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Just had a quick look at Twitter - she does have a page! Not much activity mainly odd picture with quick description and link to YT. Not that many followers, which was a surprise.

One avid follower (male name) asked if she opened the HMN in winter - this was her response:

It is a lovely time in France. We usually don't open for guests in winter. It can get very cold and we don't want people to be uncomfortable. It also gives us time to renovate.

By uncomfortable I think she means die from hypothermia 🥶

I wanted to leave a sarcastic comment but refrained because, as was stated, what’s said on Tattle, stays on Tattle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Well said. Things should stay on this page. As for someone tweeting to Catholic pages, they would meet with bafflement. At the time of the Moonie wedding, the chapel was a rundown deconsecrated building on private land in the back of beyond . It's since been consecrated for Isabelles wedding. I think the fears around Catholics being offended by someone taking sneaky pics of their girlfriend in lacy undercrackers in the chapel is a bit OTT. Worse things have happened in churches believe me. I am a practising Catholic myself and found it amusing.

As a practising Catholic I find the concern round the use of the chapel amusing. This building, until Isabelles wedding, was a deconsecrated rundown building on private land. In the city I live in we have former churches used as cafes, restaurants, convenience stores, one was a nightclub for a while. A friend lives in a converted church. I think the concern re offending Catholics might be a tad OTT. Someone taking sneaky pics of his girlfriend in lacy undercrackers is just funny. Worse things have happened in churches. The chapel is not open to the public. If SJ was holding orgies in the local village church then that would be different..
Apologies for the duplication of parts of my post. I'm new and posted it nvegire I'd te

Apologies for duplications I've made on my post.. I'm new and have sausage fingers 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
[QUOTE="Clara Burnett, post:

I doubt very much FRK still likes to be around the shittelaine. It has cost her dearly. She has mostly disappeared from the “action” in SJ’s vlogs, pretends to be working hard on her own content, but nothing much happens there either. In fact, on her most used media Instagram she posted last Friday: I decided to not post any short YT video today, but I thought I would do a Q&A video for next Thursday! So, do you have any questions for me?
Right, no inspiration for new content, so just let the viewers do that work for you….where have we seen that before?
Run Marie, run!”

Especially telling is her moving her floral studio . At least this time she got to choose where it is not being told , here have the old run down stables with holes in the roof and walls .
I don’t think she can leave , she has no money !

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It's since been consecrated for Isabelles wedding
That hasn't stopped her, has it. The Halloween nightclub party was organized months after that.

I don’t think she can leave , she has no money !
She should have, her patrons do provide plenty.

It's all a matter of respect. SJ didn't have any and partied away, until she found out there's money to be made by letting patrons pay for services and "restoration".

Still clinging on to some hope that she has some special spot in SJ's world. Nah BG, you've been put sent to the big old brocante called Stephanie's Cast Offs. Move on, nothing to see here.
Maybe that's why SJ's limiting the HMN bookings to patrons? Taking matters in her own hands this way, so she doesn't have to rely on BG anymore bringing in the busses filled with elderly super fans on tour? Poor BG, how does it feel to be on her backside?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.