The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m under the impression, could be wrong, that all the cadeaux Money goes to charity. The patreon money is for the chateau renovation only and must be accounted or separately and the money from youtube subscribers on chateau diaries is their income, plus rental of chateau air BnB (when Covid isn’t a problem)
That is correct but she is no longer doing b&b only renting self contained appts

Reactions: 2
SJ announced that she is no longer doing b&b that those rooms are only going to be for patrons to stay in and join in the day to day chateau experience, no b&b only self contained appt can be booked through the website

except that SJ didn't say 'weaseling out' she just said 'you weasel', I've re-watched clip and studied the transcript.
Sorry must of missed that weasel usually refers to being sneaky, what sneaky business has Marie done

• Haha
Reactions: 1
except that SJ didn't say 'weaseling out' she just said 'you weasel', I've re-watched clip and studied the transcript.
SJ wouldn't say that would she? That would make HER look bad as she would be seen to be accusing Marie of something. Calling Marie a weasel makes Marie look bad. Subtle difference. I am guessing that Marie isn't playing the game any more. Agreeing to go somewhere to shut up SJ who needs to have control & then at the last minute saying she won't is taking back control for Marie. SJ's good I'll give her that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Sorry must of missed that weasel usually refers to being sneaky, what sneaky business has Marie done
If you call someone a weasel you mean that they're deceitful - an accurate description of SJ.

As SJ has the control over what is left in then it was deliberately left in.
SJ also has control over Marie so she can be abused at will. She knows she's stuck in the shato and has got nowhere else to go - not in France, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I think the issue is that SJ set the patron advising needs the money to renovate, then went on to use that money to live off, she was called out by the patrons who was not happy, so she had to set up patron as historic repair fund, which also gives tax breaks, if she had been smart like yt Christine McConnell who is extremely talented and only done patron videos and paid tax on this then she could of used patron to fund life style as It would be seen as her salary, now she it’s at the mercy of the patrons, I think m peth is feeling the stress because of this issue as no vids of cottage being Reno and I bet his getting questioned

• Heart
Reactions: 8
CHATEAU DE LALANDE est une entreprise très récente car elle a été créée en janvier 2020. Stéphanie, Elisa JARVIS en est le dirigeant principal.
Cette société au capital social de 1 000 EURO est de type Société par actions simplifiée (SAS) implantée à CROZON-SUR-VAUVRE dans le Indre dont le siège est immatriculé auprès des greffes et tribunaux de la ville de Chateauroux.
Son secteur d'activité 5911A correspond au code NAF Production de films et de programmes pour la télévision.
La société CHATEAU DE LALANDE ne publie pas son bilan.
Le contexte concurrentiel de CHATEAU DE LALANDE est conséquent car on compte 6669 sociétés concurrentes au niveau national, 6 dans le département Indre.

Reactions: 6
Arthur Weasley's patronus is a weasel ;)

For those wishing a theatrical comparison to SJ's life of parties, may be encouraged to read "Summer of the 17th Doll". Even wikipedia provides an overview to appreciate Olive's refusal to accept the partying life comes to an end, as key protagnists accept their age.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
It's a nasty term to use. A weasel is a sneaky and sly person. You can call someone who cheats and lies a weasel. a person who is regarded as treacherous or sneaky. Looks like maybe Marie agreed to go & then when it came to it decided not to. So by leaving that clip in it is showing that is how Marie should be perceived. Many a true word spoken in jest by SJ perhaps showing how she really feels about her former BAE.
I didn’t like it when SJ called Marie a weasel as though she was sneakily trying to get out of something, perhaps just making excuses or lying, there is an expression weaseling out of something, the washing up, paying a dinner bill at the end of a night out etc. It can be used in a friendly jibing way between friends. But it’s not nice as it infers sneakily trying to get out of something rather than having a sincere reason for not doing something. Which I’m sure is an expression everyone is familiar with, unfortunately I do like to see the good in people so thought perhaps SJ in her impulsive way didn’t think about it before she spoke. I should have used Pollyanna as my username!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I didn’t like it when SJ called Marie a weasel as though she was sneakily trying to get out of something, perhaps just making excuses or lying, there is an expression weaseling out of something, the washing up, paying a dinner bill at the end of a night out etc. It can be used in a friendly jibing way between friends. But it’s not nice as it infers sneakily trying to get out of something rather than having a sincere reason for not doing something. Which I’m sure is an expression everyone is familiar with, unfortunately I do like to see the good in people so thought perhaps SJ in her impulsive way didn’t think about it before she spoke. I should have used Pollyanna as my username!
I think U r spot on

Reactions: 1
SJ edits the vlogs. So if she left in the 'weasel' comment it was deliberate to make people question why she said that. She said it because she wanted people to think Marie is a weasel. No doubt in my mind it is the start of the smear campaign against Marie so that when she has the audacity to leave the chateau she'll be seen in a bad light. It's deliberate not 'impulsive'.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It would be interesting to know what the French legal definition of "building restoration" is. If Patreon money can legally only be spent on "restoration" it is important to justify every expense against this definition. I know Historic England enforces very strict conservation principles to this effect and maintains a position of integrity and provability in all works undertaken.

"Historic England’s Conservation Principles defines restoration as returning a building to “a known earlier state, on the basis of compelling evidence, without conjecture”. A number of criteria are set out which normally make restoration acceptable."

I don't think Stephanie could convert an apartment for Gerry with Patreon money because it wouldn't be 'restoring' a space to a "known earlier state" but instead is reappropriating what appears to be an old hay loft. It was never a "studio apartment' therefore cannot be restored to one.

It is also interesting because Stephanie then would need to justify adding huge landscaped gardens under a 'restoration' plan because the chateau would never have had them.

By painting herself into a corner with this charitable foundation she may find she regrets not having the freedom to spend as she chooses. Fortuny fabrics may have to come out of the YouTube/B&B account from now on.

Very interesting to consider.
She's not applying for public restoration grants, the money comes from a private association. She's not even eligible, because the house is not listed. These rules don't apply. I guess she's allowed to enhance and develop the property under the association's guidelines.

I guess she's allowed to enhance and develop the property under the association's guidelines.
And that includes creating an apartment for Gerry... Sounds great! I think I'll set up an association to cover the costs of renovating my house... No trace of a non-profit association on the Internet - just the so-called film company set up in January last year.

• Haha
Arthur Weasley's patronus is a weasel ;)

For those wishing a theatrical comparison to SJ's life of parties, may be encouraged to read "Summer of the 17th Doll". Even wikipedia provides an overview to appreciate Olive's refusal to accept the partying life comes to an end, as key protagnists accept their age.
Interesting, I think we all have that Peter Pan friend who keeps on trying to recreate the high jinx from the past which as time goes by end up being a bit of a damp squib, too tired, got to get up for kids, work etc - responsibilities making real life less fun than when you had none. SJ having lived a life of no responsibility stuck in the Peter Pan role now. Luckily she has a few little Lost Boys to keep her company every now and again. But how long can she keep up the I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World persona as she is now creating her own responsibilities with the charity status & having to be a bit grown up for a change? As soon as the world opens up she will be off travelling again (don't blame her as so will I) leaving all the boring grown up stuff to a business manager to deal with if she has any sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Interesting, I think we all have that Peter Pan friend who keeps on trying to recreate the high jinx from the past which as time goes by end up being a bit of a damp squib, too tired, got to get up for kids, work etc - responsibilities making real life less fun than when you had none. SJ having lived a life of no responsibility stuck in the Peter Pan role now. Luckily she has a few little Lost Boys to keep her company every now and again. But how long can she keep up the I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World persona as she is now creating her own responsibilities with the charity status & having to be a bit grown up for a change? As soon as the world opens up she will be off travelling again (don't blame her as so will I) leaving all the boring grown up stuff to a business manager to deal with if she has any sense.
Agree but once all the renovations are done she can’t ask for more??? She really should be trying to cash in on the lalande brand instead of poncing but perhaps having a business plan is to grown up or just to much hard work

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No worries. apart from those newcomers I think it’s wise to every now and then reflect on what we’re doing and why...
I'm curious what everyone IS doing. When I found tattle I thought it was just some gossip I was reading. Does this site come with a higher purpose than other gossip sites? And, no, I have zero affiliation with any youtubers. To me, youtube is my new reality tv. I don't believe most of it, but enjoy watching and reading gossip about it.

As soon as the world opens up she will be off travelling again (don't blame her as so will I) leaving all the boring grown up stuff to a business manager to deal with if she has any sense.
Can't see that happening anytime soon and I don't think she'll ever grow up. Won't all be plain sailing - there's trouble ahead: IJ's not getting any younger and Gerry's got health problems... as they say in French: la vie n'est pas un long fleuve tranquille.

Can't see that happening anytime soon and I don't think she'll ever grow up. Won't all be plain sailing - there's trouble ahead: IJ's not getting any younger and Gerry's got health problems... as they say in French: la vie n'est pas un long fleuve tranquille.
I think up until now it has been a long calm river for SJ. Sailing on a boat down it, rowed and staffed & paid for by others . Real life might catch her up with the situations you highlight but she's ill equipped to deal with being a grown up so goodness knows what will happen if either Mummy or Gerry have to end up relying on her.

And that includes creating an apartment for Gerry... Sounds great! I think I'll set up an association to cover the costs of renovating my house... No trace of a non-profit association on the Internet - just the so-called film company set up in January last year.
It's unbelievable isn't it! She can even use the patreon money through her production company. If she films the progress, it's seen as a production cost, and as patreon money has been agreed to be spent on renovations, 'restorations' and bringing the chateau 'back to life', that's what she's doing. I think Nick and Potty demand Gerry to buy his 10% unless SSB manages to talk him out of it, but in any case, a small price to pay for a fully renovated loft apartment.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.