The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Scotman ( An unfunny legend in his own mind ) isn’t short of money . He funds the 5⭐ Trips , he will bring lots and lots of money to the Chateau .. I’m hoping fans get sick of his stupid persona , if he’s an advert for Scotland I’m for separation , I hope he gets on her nerves full time
I think he's actually not that well off and at least he works for his living unlike SJ. He has an annual holiday like most people. I am sure SJ is a willing (freeloading) travel companion and I'm sure she's good company for him when they are away and happy to go sightseeing with him especially as it now provides material for her vlogs & instagram pages. I agree he's not really funny, but think there is a kindheartedness about him and he is happy to play along with the Scotman role if it helps SJ. In all of the mass of phoney baloney characters that are involved in the Shateau he seems genuine (if misguided in his adoration for SJ) to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I was not meaning you. There have been a flurry of newcomers who seem to be pushing that line & not the usual Oh my god I came here because of the gift grab, or how annoying SJ is, or the awful SA job interview. Just my suspicious radar on high alert that's all. It is of interest, but it isn't usually the first thing that interests newcomers which is why I was wary.
No worries. apart from those newcomers I think it’s wise to every now and then reflect on what we’re doing and why...

Reactions: 9
I wonder how easy it would be for Gerry to move there permanently post-Brexit? I believe he would need a visa and not sure how eager the French govt will be to hand those out to the 60+ age range.
Interestingly will it highlight whether he is indeed a legitimate family member or just an unofficial adopted style family member which is the story that has been perpetuated? Wonder if it might be easier if he is actually a blood relative? "British citizens and their family members who wish to move to France from 1 January 2021 will be subject to national legislative provisions and will be required to obtain a long-stay visa before going to a prefecture to file their application for a residence permit." As you say nothing will be as easy for people to live in EU post Brexit and I would've thought his health issues (which hopefully he seems to be in recovery from) might make health insurance costs high for him. But he'll have his state pension to live off. Wondering if he'll be canny enough to keep his UK property rather than put his ££ into the money pit in France?

Reactions: 8
It would be interesting to know what the French legal definition of "building restoration" is. If Patreon money can legally only be spent on "restoration" it is important to justify every expense against this definition. I know Historic England enforces very strict conservation principles to this effect and maintains a position of integrity and provability in all works undertaken.

"Historic England’s Conservation Principles defines restoration as returning a building to “a known earlier state, on the basis of compelling evidence, without conjecture”. A number of criteria are set out which normally make restoration acceptable."

I don't think Stephanie could convert an apartment for Gerry with Patreon money because it wouldn't be 'restoring' a space to a "known earlier state" but instead is reappropriating what appears to be an old hay loft. It was never a "studio apartment' therefore cannot be restored to one.

It is also interesting because Stephanie then would need to justify adding huge landscaped gardens under a 'restoration' plan because the chateau would never have had them.

By painting herself into a corner with this charitable foundation she may find she regrets not having the freedom to spend as she chooses. Fortuny fabrics may have to come out of the YouTube/B&B account from now on.

Very interesting to consider.

Reactions: 19
TBH, there was some sadness in BJJ's face, I do hope Philip's family issue isn't super serious, but I agree with @Clara Burnett, he invested. He's been drinking the Lalande cult Kool-Aid for far too long now it has poisoned his system. The man-boy will need an extensive soul detox and 300 cycles of somatic reconditioning to recover.
I agree the family news he had was serious, imho

Does France have planning laws regarding what look like outbuildings? As it seems there is a lot of change of use being made. Just an observation

Reactions: 3
Ooh well that told me!!! Entirely up to you if you want to make allegations. I prefer to try to get facts and as such can't see that from when the first rumblings started in thread 2 that anything new has come up. Lots of reasons why inspection reports might not be found on line - change of regulator as has happened in care home monitoring, or could be change of council - as has happened in this instance where two councils merged. Non digitisation of hard copy records meaning only physical copies exist. No Tattle Police here, don't think it is breaking any rules to flag up what I thought was a genuine concern but feel free to carry on your investigations.
Asked to move on - but just won’t. Please scroll on, scroll, scroll, back to SJ and Chateau Diaries please.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
It would be interesting to know what the French legal definition of "building restoration" is. If Patreon money can legally only be spent on "restoration" it is important to justify every expense against this definition. I know Historic England enforces very strict conservation principles to this effect and maintains a position of integrity and provability in all works undertaken.

"Historic England’s Conservation Principles defines restoration as returning a building to “a known earlier state, on the basis of compelling evidence, without conjecture”. A number of criteria are set out which normally make restoration acceptable."

I don't think Stephanie could convert an apartment for Gerry with Patreon money because it wouldn't be 'restoring' a space to a "known earlier state" but instead is reappropriating what appears to be an old hay loft. It was never a "studio apartment' therefore cannot be restored to one.

It is also interesting because Stephanie then would need to justify adding huge landscaped gardens under a 'restoration' plan because the chateau would never have had them.

By painting herself into a corner with this charitable foundation she may find she regrets not having the freedom to spend as she chooses. Fortuny fabrics may have to come out of the YouTube/B&B account from now on.

Very interesting to consider.
Problem is Patreons money is not necessary put entirely in this charity association (LOI 1901).
The French legal system for associations 1901 doesn't ask how much money you put in your structure every month. ( @arthur help !)
Patreons money can be partially used for something else. And who would check this ? Not the super fans, not the Patreons. They can't check it.

Reactions: 4
TBH, there was some sadness in BJJ's face, I do hope Philip's family issue isn't super serious, but I agree with @Clara Burnett, he invested. He's been drinking the Lalande cult Kool-Aid for far too long now it has poisoned his system. The man-boy will need an extensive soul detox and 300 cycles of somatic reconditioning to recover.
Tut, young Padowan. To undergo such treatment on Earth would suggest he has Kryptonian powers. As far as I can see the only power he has is...oh wait he has none 😂
Ah well it will do him good to escape and I hope in these horrible times that nothing serious is amiss with his family.
I did like the reference though. 🖖

Group can some of you think of a new title. I lobbed one out there. Seems to be the only one. It's probably not a good one. I keep getting this notification to start a new thread. I really don't want to pull a Skankanee move and use a thread title I came up with. I don't know how to start a new thread anyway.

Giving some thought to the association/charity/foundation that has been created to hide Patreon money from French taxes... does this mean la Lande has been signed over by the owners? A “donation”? Perhaps the association/charity/foundation is leasing the shat-too from the owners? Somehow the property has to be tied into the new legal entity for the money to be designated for “restoration and renovation”? Leasing out the shat-too would allow the owners to receive an income indirectly from the Patreon money. Though I don’t know the tax laws of France, I’m going by arrangements for these types of things in my country.
I’m under the impression, could be wrong, that all the cadeaux Money goes to charity. The patreon money is for the chateau renovation only and must be accounted or separately and the money from youtube subscribers on chateau diaries is their income, plus rental of chateau air BnB (when Covid isn’t a problem)

Sadie P. missed entirely the point of these tents in Paris. (The big majority of these tents are given by humanitarian associations to illegal migrants who try to enter illegally UK. But that's another story, not for this thread.)
As usual when she films and "explains" France, she's got no clues of what she's speaking of. And her Algerian boyfriend has no clue either (ahhhh his famous family recipe for "French crêpes", I still can't stop laughing when I think of this scene).
Ahh I thought it was because of covid people losing jobs etc, not that Sadie lead me to think this, but never seen this before in europe

I don’t see much team work, I would have thought they’d have given Marie a hand.

Reactions: 5
I think he's actually not that well off and at least he works for his living unlike SJ. He has an annual holiday like most people. I am sure SJ is a willing (freeloading) travel companion and I'm sure she's good company for him when they are away and happy to go sightseeing with him especially as it now provides material for her vlogs & instagram pages. I agree he's not really funny, but think there is a kindheartedness about him and he is happy to play along with the Scotman role if it helps SJ. In all of the mass of phoney baloney characters that are involved in the Shateau he seems genuine (if misguided in his adoration for SJ) to me.
I think you are spot on him and SJ talk about Gerry looking after her from a very young age

It's a nasty term to use. A weasel is a sneaky and sly person. You can call someone who cheats and lies a weasel. a person who is regarded as treacherous or sneaky. Looks like maybe Marie agreed to go & then when it came to it decided not to. So by leaving that clip in it is showing that is how Marie should be perceived. Many a true word spoken in jest by SJ perhaps showing how she really feels about her former BAE.

Reactions: 15
It's a nasty term to use. A weasel is a sneaky and sly person. You can call someone who cheats and lies a weasel. a person who is regarded as treacherous or sneaky. Looks like maybe Marie agreed to go & then when it came to it decided not to. So by leaving that clip in it is showing that is how Marie should be perceived. Many a true word spoken in jest by SJ perhaps showing how she really feels about her former BAE.
I certainly didn’t think it was in jest either and should have been edited out!

Reactions: 13
Yep, I thought that. I'm getting a feeling of people pushing for someone to come out with some sort of allegation which could be harmful to the Tattlers. Loose lips and all that. I'm watching a missed series of Line of Duty (UK cop series where there is so much deception going on) so maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there though! I can fully believe that like a lot of care home owners they didn't do it for the love, but more the money.
Or possibly being manipulated in to spending other tattlers money to request information. I will not waste money on patreon or any requests for information. If anyone is that interested they can spend their own money.

Reactions: 2
I certainly didn’t think it was in jest either and should have been edited out!
Unless it is deliberate to make people think exactly what I thought. That Marie had weasled out of going (ie agreed she would then decided she wouldn't) making her look bad. As SJ has the control over what is left in then it was deliberately left in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.