The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's not applying for public restoration grants, the money comes from a private association. She's not even eligible, because the house is not listed. These rules don't apply. I guess she's allowed to enhance and develop the property under the association's guidelines.
That's exactly that. Lalande is not a Monument Historique (or listed building in english). She's not getting any public money from the State, the Region or the town.
She can do what she wants with whatever material she wants.

Reactions: 4
Agree but once all the renovations are done she can’t ask for more??? She really should be trying to cash in on the lalande brand instead of poncing but perhaps having a business plan is to grown up or just to much hard work
That place is a money pit. Laughingly this is what SJ herself said about it '“Buying a château isn’t about profit, it’s not like the London property market,” It’s about accepting that all your spare money will go into this château for the rest of your life.' Perhaps if she'd cashed in on the lucrative London property market & flogged her flat she'd have spare money to have put in the slot on the chateau roof. Where did she get all her cash from to go travelling over all these years? A few B&B bookings during the Spring/Summer months & a couple of music workshops would hardly have funded that when she hasn't had a job for over 20 years. And being the scrounger that she is she'll take all the £$£$ she can from the suckers who want to help her to be a bum. If the chateau which she SAYS she so loves had been maintained properly & not just had bodge jobs done over the years from free labour then it might not have needed the vast amount of money it now needs. Sitting in her bedroom wearing a pretty dress with a paint pot in her hand for her Instagram page is not really pulling her weight is it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Nailing my backside to the mast to say I actually enjoyed that vlog. I like seeing changes and work being done.
I will leave you all whilst I accept my penance. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm curious what everyone IS doing. When I found tattle I thought it was just some gossip I was reading. Does this site come with a higher purpose than other gossip sites? And, no, I have zero affiliation with any youtubers. To me, youtube is my new reality tv. I don't believe most of it, but enjoy watching and reading gossip about it.
It is a gossip site, nothing more.

Reactions: 5
SJ if your reading as a business women my business plan to you, freeview yt vids with ads once a week showing daily chateau life, garden, shopping cooking etc etc, no tier patronage one level cost 25 dollars a months 2 exclusive videos a week for patrons showing building diy renovations upholstery education chit chats about designers antiques visits to historic french buildings etc etc etc, cash in on merch lalande calendar, cards tea towels, gift wrapping, design own Lelande toile wallpaper fabric etc etc your current business plan can not and people will not keep paying you to squander their money

Reactions: 3
Nailing my backside to the mast to say I actually enjoyed that vlog. I like seeing changes and work being done.
Now you are in the confessional my son and this is not the first time that you have talked about this then your penance I am afraid will be harsh. You can choose which of these vlog viewings you must do: 3 Selmar. 3 Sadie does Paris (stop that thought there my son or you will be given even more penances) 3 Phillie & Angie. No skipping through or fast forwarding (remember it will be on your conscience if you do). Go forth in peace & mend your ways.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I dunno but building apartments in a hay barn is not my idea of restoring a chateau.

SJ asked for underfloor heating in the bottom apartment so what is going to be heating Gerry's apartment? All her hot air I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think the issue is that SJ set the patron advising needs the money to renovate, then went on to use that money to live off, she was called out by the patrons who was not happy, so she had to set up patron as historic repair fund, which also gives tax breaks, if she had been smart like yt Christine McConnell who is extremely talented and only done patron videos and paid tax on this then she could of used patron to fund life style as It would be seen as her salary, now she it’s at the mercy of the patrons, I think m peth is feeling the stress because of this issue as no vids of cottage being Reno and I bet his getting questioned
Can I just say that I love that you mentioned Christine McConnell!❤ Excellent example of the right way to do Patreon! She has more creativity in her pinky finger, than Steph has in her entire Shat-a-loo. I was hoping CD and SJ were going to have a similar type of creativity when I found the channel, because the first video I watched was her making the historical dress. Not even close!

The difference with Christine is that she works hard for her patrons, I’m not one of them, hopefully someday. But if the Patreon videos are anything like her YouTube videos, the quality has to be top rate. She‘s professional, a great teacher, provides tons of content, talented, she does everything: sewing, home decor, baking, crafting, painting, woodworking, sticks to her aesthetic of ‘creepy beautiful’, doesn’t rely on others for content, she dresses beautifully in her vintage style, and she doesn’t use the “poor me” act to lure people in. There’s a reason she has over 11,500 patrons.

Steph, on the other hand, is lazy. I’ve seen the few Patreon video posted on tattle. She‘s not providing anything of value in the Patreon videos. Nothing that would ever inspire me to waste money on them. She doesn’t teach anything, besides maybe the occasional history lesson on expensive items, I care nothing about. They are not entertaining, no production value, just the standard YouTube videos, but you have to pay for them. She relies on others for content for both. She pisses me off to no end! She could make interesting videos if she put in the effort, but again she’s lazy. She will never be on a Christine McConnell level, but what’s stopping her from putting a little production value into her videos, investing in better equipment. At 100,000 subscribers, $25,000 a month, plus ad sense, I expect a vlogger to invest in better equipment than filming on an iPhone, it’s usually one of the first things they do when they start making real money. Others will disagree, and that’s totally OK, but she has the potential to put out great content. All it takes is some confidence in your abilities, creativity, effort, a bit of stage presence, and money. She has the money but she doesn’t want to try to do the rest. She has a treasure trove of potential content and completely wastes it and posts boring drivel instead. I’ve said it before, but make something! Show that you’re more than an empty-headed dimwit! If you’re going to entice people to pay for content, give them something worthwhile, and prove you’re worth the extra money. The only thing she’s proven to me is that she can walk around filming, talking to others, and not fall on her face. And that she’s good at getting suckers to pay for nothing in return.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Now you are in the confessional my son and this is not the first time that you have talked about this then your penance I am afraid will be harsh. You can choose which of these vlog viewings you must do: 3 Selmar. 3 Sadie does Paris (stop that thought there my son or you will be given even more penances) 3 Phillie & Angie. No skipping through or fast forwarding (remember it will be on your conscience if you do). Go forth in peace & mend your ways.
Wow - this is harsh! :eek:. Poor Gibson, I feel your pain.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I don't understand how she's managed to set up a non-profit association... It doesn't make any sense.
Associations Loi 1901 are not strictly speaking "non-profit" associations. They can cover a lot of different fields. @arthur posted a lot of documentation about it in a previous thread.
They can make profit under specific conditions.
They can be set up for local historical societies, local archeological societies, pétanque players, religious societies, chess clubs, etc etc.

Can I just say that I love that you mentioned Christine McConnell!❤ Excellent example of the right way to do Patreon! She has more creativity in her pinky finger, than Steph has in her entire Shat-a-loo. I was hoping CD and SJ were going to have a similar type of creativity when I found the channel, because the first video I watched was her making the historical dress. Not even close!

The difference with Christine is that she works hard for her patrons, I’m not one of them, hopefully someday. But if the Patreon videos are anything like her YouTube videos, the quality has to be top rate. She‘s professional, a great teacher, provides tons of content, talented, she does everything: sewing, home decor, baking, crafting, painting, woodworking, sticks to her aesthetic of ‘creepy beautiful’, doesn’t rely on others for content, she dresses beautifully in her vintage style, and she doesn’t use the “poor me” act to lure people in. There’s a reason she has over 11,500 patrons.

Steph, on the other hand, is lazy. I’ve seen the few Patreon video posted on tattle. She‘s not providing anything of value in the Patreon videos. Nothing that would ever inspire me to waste money on them. She doesn’t teach anything, besides maybe the occasional history lesson on expensive items, I care nothing about. They are not entertaining, no production value, just the standard YouTube videos, but you have to pay for them. She relies on others for content for both. She pisses me off to no end! She could make interesting videos if she put in the effort, but again she’s lazy. She will never be on a Christine McConnell level, but what’s stopping her from putting a little production value into her videos, investing in better equipment. At 100,000 subscribers, $25,000 a month, plus ad sense, I expect a vlogger to invest in better equipment than filming on an iPhone, it’s usually one of the first things they do when they start making real money. Others will disagree, and that’s totally OK, but she has the potential to put out great content. All it takes is some confidence in your abilities, creativity, effort, a bit of stage presence, and money. She has the money but she doesn’t want to try to do the rest. She has a treasure trove of potential content and completely wastes it and posts boring drivel instead. I’ve said it before, but make something! Show that you’re more than an empty-headed dimwit! If you’re going to entice people to pay for content, give them something worthwhile, and prove you’re worth the extra money. The only thing she’s proven to me is that she can walk around filming, talking to others, and not fall on her face. And that she’s good at getting suckers to pay for nothing in return.
Christine Mcconnell is awesome. Skankanee is a narcacist. Without an entire team to manage her she ain't doing anything worth while. That team would have to be experts in narcissistic brat wrangling. For her it's about people proving they love her with money and gifts. It's not about being professional. It's all ego fodder.

Here is exibit A. Thirsty narcacist hoping to get some strange d while 🐪 toe is away. Note the hoish standing in front of the window in a dress that was clearly see through on the dress form. Note the insecure covering of the hands over some bulges. Of all the pics available in her video she chose portrait of a thirsty ho.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

Well said. She needs to provide her 'customers' with true value.

Reactions: 5
Christine Mcconnell is awesome. Skankanee is a narcacist. Without an entire team to manage her she ain't doing anything worth while. That team would have to be experts in narcissistic brat wrangling. For her it's about people proving they love her with money and gifts. It's not about being professional. It's all ego fodder.

Here is exibit A. Thirsty narcacist hoping to get some strange d while 🐪 toe is away. Note the hoish standing in front of the window in a dress that was clearly see through on the dress form. Note the insecure covering of the hands over some bulges. Of all the pics available in her video she chose portrait of a thirsty ho.
I love your unapologetic bluntness! 🤣❤

LMAO with the dress! “Oh don’t look at me, I’m much too demure and virtuous, just kidding! Look at me! NO, SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT ME!!!”

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Well said. She needs to provide her 'customers' with true value.
Christine McConnell is amazing I wish I was a patron to see her new house maybe one day, so much talent, what you said is exactly what I meant Christine gives so much to see her at work well I would kiss her toes if I could have I ounce of her talent, Christine has a rock solid business plan and deserves it, SJ just winging it I’m afraid

• Heart
Reactions: 2
[
Me too, Marie actually cracked a smile! 😀

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.