The Chateau Diaries #209 Fanny runs through her so called friends like toilet paper!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What other 25-year-old man can say, "my grandfather gave me a tureen for my 14th birthday"?:unsure::rolleyes:

cd778.png

My grandpa gave me an iPhone5 on my bar mitzvah which I still have! :ROFLMAO: ;)

iphone5.jpg

Well, my grandma did give me a cup and saucer (ritual kiddush set) that I can't take a picture of because it's too shiny, you might see a reflection of Brenda Gibbons on it!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I feel so sad for Dan's kids. Just that really. Junk food and sitting in the dark with no interaction (cinema) as an outing with Dad.....

I'm still not quite sure about what I think about the Pethericks but every time Billy appears with his children it's lovely (the hidden sword in the woods was fantastic).

Thinking of how different these two sets of little boys lives are is really quite sad for Dans children.
the junk food was so awful…I was just aching to give those kids a piece of fresh fruit, really anything that would nourish those little bodies and minds. We all like a snack and a little treat is fine, but that was a lot of garbage food in one day.

a lot of divorced guilty dad behaviour….letting kids eat piles of garbage, placate with guilt gifts, over indulge. Just spend time with them and give them your time and love!

dan, those little boys need real food to grow and for god’s sake, you were a chef.. You know how to cook.

and WTf, homeless? Hardly, you had a home. You are in your situation by choice.
that whole video was depressing af.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I use Fels Naptha for laundry stains as well as cleaning my shaving brush regularly. Twenty Mule Team Borax comes in handy in the laundry also.
The one @MRShavershamsdress showed was for a 20 pack- the one you pulled up was for a 100 pack!!! 😂 That's actually a really good price for 100! @MRShavershamsdress- I think these may be the same brand Mr. T Rex orders- he buys them in bulk of like 1000 at a time or something. They come in a ginormous bag. Initially, I thought he had gone mad- where am I supposed to store these things? I stacked a bunch neatly in a large basket in the laundry room cabinet, and put the bag of the remaining ones in the guest bedroom closet. After a few months, Mr. T Rex ordered more, as the basket was running low. Utter madness! I ended up stacking them into large clear plastic bins with lids in the garage so he could find them.

You are amazing, as always! ❤ Thank you!!! And safe travels back home- I hope good karma kicks in and you get a complimentary upgrade to first class!!! 🍾
A pack of 100, goodness that would keep me busy.😂😂

@MRShavershamsdress, I’m now ignoring your shopping hints. 😉

Imagine how bright mummy’s apartment is going to be with two enormous chandeliers the thought of it gives me a migraine. I hope they have dimmers
Maybe switching them on will overload and set fire to the fuse box.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
That's a long-time to keep upbeat , hopefully it comes together soon, how much longer til finished? I usually paint everything , my dogs have even had paint on them when they were not in room???? I tore off two bedrooms and my only bath. Had a port a pot in the driveway and showered at my neighbors. It seemed an eternity until it was done.
One one hand I am very lucky to get my house renovated, on the other hand it is very, very hard to live through. I just like to live quietly in peace, whilst judging others.

Hope you have before and after shots for a video. Looking forward to seeing it all done.
I have taken lots of before and after pics & videos. The exterior is almost done, the new driveway should be going in next week, then the sprinkler system gets updated and finally the landscaping. The interior is just up to us now with the flooring & new trim. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it’s a long, dark, scary tunnel.

Ah @Jules100 , it'll ALL be worth it in the end! And at least it will be done right! Flooring is no joke- are you putting down tile, hardwood or LVP? I have been doing a ton of painting as well (I am the sick individual who actually enjoys the fiddly work of cutting in, but I hate rolling!), but never knew that about a magic eraser removing paint- I'll have to try it, as it is probably safer than the can of Acetone I use! I wear gloves, but still always end up getting paint on my arms and legs (the enamel-based ones are the worst!) Hang in there- you're almost there! Stay sane and stay stocked up on Miller Lite! ❤
Also, an Italy towel will also instantly remove accidental paint on bodies. We are putting in an LVP hybrid. The best LL Flooring has to offer, whatever that means.
https://www.llflooring.com/p/durava...-7.56-in.-wide-x-50.63-in.-long-10052721.html
So far, it’s beautiful and comfortable to walk on. I’m trying to paint the new baseboard and casing before it gets installed, then it’s just a little touch up. Sometimes, my husband is faster than I am & I have to paint it in place and that’s the hard part for me. But, even though it’s not done, I can see how nice it looks. So that helps to push me through the tough parts. Just got my appliances back in the kitchen. Right now, I feel like I’m living in Annalise’s house. 🏚

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
What other 25-year-old man can say, "my grandfather gave me a tureen for my 14th birthday"?:unsure::rolleyes:

View attachment 1903411

My grandpa gave me an iPhone5 on my bar mitzvah which I still have! :ROFLMAO: ;)

View attachment 1903424
Well, my grandma did give me a cup and saucer (ritual kiddush set) that I can't take a picture of because it's too shiny, you might see a reflection of Brenda Gibbons on it!
I am laughing at the thought of of any of my grandparents gifting me a soup tureen for my 14th birthday! "Um, so what am I supposed to do with this?!?" They just sent me money which I spent on a sweet new pair of acid-washed Guess jeans, the latest The Cure CD (my mum bought me a Sony DiscMan), a watch guard thingie for my new Swatch watch from my dad, and probably blew the remainder at Benetton and on hairspray. (The late 80s were such a special time!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Well well well.....our little gold digger will be hanging his prized collection of platters on the walls of la Lande! I hope everyone realizes this is the equivalent of a dog lifting his leg to mark his territory....
Phillip ain't going anywhere
Girl....dig those high heeled boots in & stand your ground!😀
View attachment 1903412
..and when someone opens the door on a breezy day, the draught will catch behind them and topple them all off her chintzy plate rail... cannot come soon enough..

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Well well well.....our little gold digger will be hanging his prized collection of platters on the walls of la Lande! I hope everyone realizes this is the equivalent of a dog lifting his leg to mark his territory....
View attachment 1903412
..and when someone opens the door on a breezy day, the draught will catch behind them and topple them all off her chintzy plate rail... cannot come soon enough..
Will they hot glue the plates and platters to the walls just like in the beautiful Wedgwood Room? I really hope they do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Will they hot glue the plates and platters to the walls just like in the beautiful Wedgwood Room? I really hope they do.
Of course not! We’ll be treated to a deep dive into the history of plate hangers by PhiPhi, who will act like he invented them.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Off topic but... in the effort to stave off going with the fairies just yet, I just came out of 4 years of retirement to take on a new job managing and directing a company helping them to become more efficient and to run more smoothly. Keeping the old neurons in shape I guess will be a good thing. :) (y)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Also, an Italy towel will also instantly remove accidental paint on bodies. We are putting in an LVP hybrid. The best LL Flooring has to offer, whatever that means.
https://www.llflooring.com/p/durava...-7.56-in.-wide-x-50.63-in.-long-10052721.html
So far, it’s beautiful and comfortable to walk on. I’m trying to paint the new baseboard and casing before it gets installed, then it’s just a little touch up. Sometimes, my husband is faster than I am & I have to paint it in place and that’s the hard part for me. But, even though it’s not done, I can see how nice it looks. So that helps to push me through the tough parts. Just got my appliances back in the kitchen. Right now, I feel like I’m living in Annalise’s house. 🏚
You will LOVE your LVP hybrid flooring! We went with Life Proof from Home Depot (put it directly over tile), and while it wasn't so difficult to install, it was a PITA when we had to get everything to line up around our triangle kitchen (because I did not want transition strips at all in any room), we had already installed the family room, two bedrooms, guest bath, closets, the pantry, laundry room, breakfast nook, and when we got to where everything met up, it was 1/4 inch off, so was a beast to get everything to line up for the dining room and formal living room- there was a lot of cursing and aligning. Once we got that sorted, we were able to knock out the dining room, formal living room, pool bath, master suite and master bath. The only other issue we ran into- my office is the weird anomaly that had a bamboo floor- try as we might to remove THAT (the boards are glued down with some sort of unhuman adhesive). This is the only room that we had to put a transition strip into (as the floor sits 1/4" proud to the original time), but I did install the tiles 90 degrees off from the remainder of the house, so it looks like it is supposed to be that way.) The PITA part was the toe rail- we do not have a normal house, so every corner is bull's nosed, which required a series 22.5 degree cuts, and a ton of caulking, sanding and painting. It took us 2 months for the entire floor project, but the results were so worth it! It is so easy to clean, and much better on bare feet than tile! (Which led to: "Well, since I have this sweet new miter saw, and only the living rooms, kitchen, hallway and formal dining room have crown moulding, let's put it in all the other rooms!" Mr. T Rex, "Sure, babe, if you can actually match the crown moulding." One week later, "Um, babe, WHAT did you order?" "About that- I forgot to tell you- I found the crown moulding!" That took a month (I used the laundry room as my test subject), and installed it in every room (even the bathrooms, but left the closets and pantry as is- moot point for closets), but looks amazing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
View attachment 1903412
Every time I see a picture or video that has Phi Phi in profile, it always looks to me like he has teased his hair from the top of the crown to the back of his head to make his hair look fuller. I know this picture doesn't really show it, but something to consider in looking for in the future. Or maybe his head is just shaped that oddly. Or maybe it's just me...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
You will LOVE your LVP hybrid flooring! We went with Life Proof from Home Depot (put it directly over tile), and while it wasn't so difficult to install, it was a PITA when we had to get everything to line up around our triangle kitchen (because I did not want transition strips at all in any room), we had already installed the family room, two bedrooms, guest bath, closets, the pantry, laundry room, breakfast nook, and when we got to where everything met up, it was 1/4 inch off, so was a beast to get everything to line up for the dining room and formal living room- there was a lot of cursing and aligning. Once we got that sorted, we were able to knock out the dining room, formal living room, pool bath, master suite and master bath. The only other issue we ran into- my office is the weird anomaly that had a bamboo floor- try as we might to remove THAT (the boards are glued down with some sort of unhuman adhesive). This is the only room that we had to put a transition strip into (as the floor sits 1/4" proud to the original time), but I did install the tiles 90 degrees off from the remainder of the house, so it looks like it is supposed to be that way.) The PITA part was the toe rail- we do not have a normal house, so every corner is bull's nosed, which required a series 22.5 degree cuts, and a ton of caulking, sanding and painting. It took us 2 months for the entire floor project, but the results were so worth it! It is so easy to clean, and much better on bare feet than tile! (Which led to: "Well, since I have this sweet new miter saw, and only the living rooms, kitchen, hallway and formal dining room have crown moulding, let's put it in all the other rooms!" Mr. T Rex, "Sure, babe, if you can actually match the crown moulding." One week later, "Um, babe, WHAT did you order?" "About that- I forgot to tell you- I found the crown moulding!" That took a month (I used the laundry room as my test subject), and installed it in every room (even the bathrooms, but left the closets and pantry as is- moot point for closets), but looks amazing.
I’m glad to hear that you really like your LVP floors. I’ve seen them a lot on hgtv, but I don’t know anyone that actually has them. We are floating the new floors over our old tile too. Can you imagine living through your house floor tile bring chipped up? Unless there’s a zombie apocalypse going on, heck no! I don’t want transition strips between rooms either, so far everything is lining up and working out. I’m not putting it in the bathrooms or laundry room, even though it is supposed to be fine for those conditions, I don’t believe them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder, how many other antiques, pieces of furniture, chandeliers, pairs of shoes, gowns, daybeds, rolls of wallpaper, desks, and porcelain has Fanny bought that we never will see? Auction items that will remain hidden from Patreon and vlogs? I have a sneaking suspicion that Fanny and Philly spend a lot of time on online auctions while waiting for vlog to upload.

was is not just weeks ago when they were at a Christmas market that they restricted themselves from buying more than one ornament?

who wants to make a bet that there are rooms filled to the ceiling with auction “deals”

• Heart
Reactions: 22
the junk food was so awful…I was just aching to give those kids a piece of fresh fruit, really anything that would nourish those little bodies and minds. We all like a snack and a little treat is fine, but that was a lot of garbage food in one day.

a lot of divorced guilty dad behaviour….letting kids eat piles of garbage, placate with guilt gifts, over indulge. Just spend time with them and give them your time and love!

dan, those little boys need real food to grow and for god’s sake, you were a chef.. You know how to cook.

and WTf, homeless? Hardly, you had a home. You are in your situation by choice.
that whole video was depressing af.
so he must have actually had a tiff with SJ or refuses to stay in an unheated chateau.

View attachment 1903412
so all that 'SJ is going to get rid of him in a despicable way' was just made up crap OR SJ read it on here so she changed her mind?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
One one hand I am very lucky to get my house renovated, on the other hand it is very, very hard to live through. I just like to live quietly in peace, whilst judging others.

I have taken lots of before and after pics & videos. The exterior is almost done, the new driveway should be going in next week, then the sprinkler system gets updated and finally the landscaping. The interior is just up to us now with the flooring & new trim. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it’s a long, dark, scary tunnel.

It sounds really exciting, I can’t wait to see your photos. 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
WHERE IS THE GIVENCHY DESK SHE GOT?
Yeah, where is that Desk ?
To think she got all that stuff and bringing it back to a Chateau / Castle that is going to fall down! Well, if those heaters go in I guess the rubble will be warm .

My 7 month renovation is still going on and draining my will to live. Lately we’ve been focusing on the inside. New flooring throughout the house done yourselves is no joke. We are moving west to east through the house. I’m mainly focused on finishing up the interior painting the past couple of days. I really hate cutting in. My hands are pretty painty at the end of the day. Magic erasers are really wonderful at getting paint off your hands. Don’t scrub yourself with them of course, but whilst washing your hands, just touching the magic eraser a little takes the paint right off. Also, I’ve started making my way around the house cleaning the exterior of my windows. My bastard stucco guys and house painters really did a number on them. I scrape with a razor blade, glass plus, then magic eraser the residual schmutz and then glass plus again. Thanks magic eraser! 🪄🧽
It was around this time last year that our ensuite bathroom was just beginning to start.... we were looking at taps etc.
Its been finished for some time but I am so glad that was all we needed to do . It was so emotional and Looooong.......... Especially when they had to stop because of Covid for 3 weeks. Everything gets put back then.
So Jules I really feel for you and I wish its speeds up and all is completed.
Just keep saying to yourself "Its going to be Fabulous!" ...... and you know it will . ;) 💋

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.